noob ignorance stupidity difference DMG

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Dark_Magician_Girl #1 Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 32154 battles
  • [_STR8]

Hi everyone, I have not written in awhile.  With this piece I will explore the two various campgrounds of "noobs" that exist within Blitz and assert that all noobs cannot be faulted for their mistakes.

Group 1: The ignorant noob.

The ignorant noobs are the players you see driving around in their M60's or tier 8 premiums that were bought on a flash sale.  These kinds of players usually have below 50% WR's and less than 2k battles, their highest tech tree tank being almost always below 8, and usually somewhere around tier 5-6.  The forum community certainly gets frustrated with these players, but I think you can't really fault them.  Why? They have less than 2000 battles.  That's even being generous, usually they have less than 1k battles. Who here watched every Bushka video before they started playing?  Who visited the forum before they downloaded the game and read the guides?  Little to most likely none.  This group of players doesn't know any better, and frankly the logic that the tanks do "get better" is true, however they do not realize that with higher tiers also requires better driving, because said high tiers are much less forgiving.  As much as you and I get frustrated with these people, you cannot fault the ignorantly innocent.  You can only point them in the right direction and cross your fingers, hoping they escape the shackles of their own ineptitude.

Group 2: The noob by choice.

This group of noobs are the players who have been given the opportunity between the red pill and blue pill, and have always taken the blue pill.  These are the people to be rightfully frustrated with.  After let's say 10k+ battles, those that wish to remain uninformed by pushing away help, yet complain about high tiers being rigged, and "dumb teams" when they are actually part of the problem are the real noobs in my opinion.  You see these posts almost every week on the forums such as how the RU 251 does not have enough armor to yolo successfully into the red team, or something to that effect.

Conclusion:

You can't really be angry at the ignorant noobs.  We all were ignorant at one point or another.  As for the other group...  I'm all for having fun, but when you piss off 6 other people in the process because you think capturing the base on Copperfield is the grand master plan after having the battle experience to have an inkling to know better, or to at least know otherwise... mmmm.... that's when I get frustrated.

Do you still think ignorant noobs should be at fault?  Why?  What frustrates you about the player base?  What is your definition of a noob?

Forgive them Father, they know not what they do. 

DMG

Edited by Dark_Magician_Girl, 28 June 2017 - 01:56 PM.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

Rockracer #2 Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9376 battles

Intersting. I feel like I'm an complete noob but I don't really match with those two types.

It's a good point of view. +1

I played TDs before it was cool. It was also never cool to begin with.

NateDawg2k16 #3 Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

Swedish Mafia Captain

• Players
  • 13490 battles
  • [META]

To be completely honest, there is only one thing that bugs me, as of right now, for noobs. I can't really blame them for being noobs at Tier 2-4

That they keep on buying tanks (*cough cough Lupus cough*) after 3.8. The many people I've seen driving their new toy is sub 49.5%ers, and under 1000 battles. In fact, I saw one who camped the whole game, what was his stats? A whopping THIRTY NINE PERCENT winrate with only 238 battles.

And another thing that bugs me is whenever you make an attempt to help them, they always say either "You're not the boss of me!", "Reported", "Kys", "I hope you die of cancer". Like I'm trying to help you!

Edited by NateDawg2k16, 28 June 2017 - 02:04 PM.

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have. 

SpartacusDiablo #4 Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 21058 battles
  • [III-R]
Ignorant newb by choice checking in!  :)

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

__Crusader6__ #5 Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:05 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 57877 battles
  • [III-R]

For the ignorant, I blame WG. 

I didn't even understand stats or really how to play until I found the forum - I had 7 tier X tanks and 7,500+ battles. 

My stats looked like a Christmas tree - and I let my then 5 yr old son play my tier 9/10 tanks. 

The game is remarkably complicated for a mobile game, the tutorial is poo. 

WOT has much better training and introductions. 

Heck the new tutorial put you in a tier 3 tank before you can get provisions and consumables fully loaded. 

Tank Hoarder: 360 tanks in Garage:  364/366 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed

cjcourtney1 #6 Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26281 battles
  • [S3MC]
Thanks for the training room spankings the other day.Helps to be put in one's place now and then.It was an honor.......o7

woof_defender #7 Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

⚔️Fallen Guardian⚔️

• Players
  • 32584 battles
  • [MAHOU]
I've seen combinations of noob 1 and 2. Those are the ones who piss me to the most. Lately, I've been getting players on my team that do 0 damage(people with less then 1k battles, but have a Lowe, t34, and super pershing etc), so when I try to give them a few hints do tips, they say for me to f*** off and call me garbage for not helping them in battle, because going town on middleburg is the "correct" play.

Edited by woof_defender, 28 June 2017 - 02:30 PM.

“One day you will leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember” ~Avicii~

Bronyman50 #8 Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 26415 battles
  • [MRKVM]
I mean I watched basically all the QB and SirFoch videos I could before I played and I still do for Tanks I get. But then again I always had a ton of spare time :/

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

Dark_Magician_Girl #9 Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 32154 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Postcjcourtney1, on 28 June 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

Thanks for the training room spankings the other day.Helps to be put in one's place now and then.It was an honor.......o7

haha no problem.  I was testing some new tanks to see if I would like them, so it was nice to have someone to play against.

Dark_Magician_Girl #10 Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 32154 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostBronyman50, on 28 June 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

I mean I watched basically all the QB and SirFoch videos I could before I played and I still do for Tanks I get. But then again I always had a ton of spare time :/

But did you watch them religiously before you began playing World of Tanks?

RH_131 #11 Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

Maus Master

• Players
  • 33354 battles
  • [PRAMO]
The ignorant noobs are completely at fault for what they do. You don't walk up a hill and decide the next day you're going to climb Mt Everest. You don't get a drivers license and head straight to downtown New York or LA because you're obviously a perfect driver. So there is no reason whatsoever that someone with 300 games can get to tier 4 and think, "Hey, I'm ready for tier 8 now". If you buy a tier 8 premium without even having a regular tier 8 tank you alone are responsible for your terrible performance and deserve every negative review and comment you receive for your incompetence. It's as simple as that

#1 Maus Damage Record Holder

"We just lost to 2 tanks that shouldn't even be considered for clan wars"-Anonymous after being defeated by the PNCR Maus tank division.   (2015 PNCR, not 3-0 Mobile Masters PNCR, we were actually good)

Tanks left to get: WZ 120, WZ 121, WZ 111 1-4, WZ 113
Tanks I own: STB-1, Jg. Pz. E-100, FV215b 183, FV 4202, T-62A, IS-7, Obj 263, Foch 155, B-C 25t, WZ 110, T-34-2
Tanks I own(and like): E-50 M, E-100, Maus, Leopard 1, Grille 15, Obj 140, IS-4, Obj 268, T110E5, T110E4, T110E3, T57 Heavy, M48 Patton, AMX 50b, FV215b, E75, Jagdtiger, IS-3D, T34 Independence, Tiger II, Jagdtiger 88, Van Helsing, LTP, KV2, Kuro, Hetzer SP, and Pz 4 Anko
Favorite Tank: M4A3E8 FURY
          I have a YouTube channel, if you enjoy 1 video every year press the subscribe button

j0nn0 #12 Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:32 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 17544 battles
  • [XREGS]
Usually, they're not an issue of being simply ignorant, but of them being willfully ignorant and thus becoming noob type 2. I've long since stoped caring to differentiate. They either learn to not be dumb or they keep mucking it up for the rest of us. I will take advantage and shoot them regardless if I have the fortune of facing them on red.

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

Enzo_Gorlami #13 Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32677 battles
  • [BELLS]

You talking to ME?

___ez_e___ #14 Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 59825 battles
  • [FUZY]

I know I've mentioned this before and it's probably not a popular opinion, but I have no issue with any types of player, be it noob, afk, or other.  

Why?

In a real war we don't get to choose who we fight along side.   In addition, history has shown soldiers going awol, soldiers placed into battlefield without adequate training, ammo, food, communication, reinforcements.   Troops have been placed on the wrong battlefield or inside enemy lines.  

So being that this is only a pixel game, how can I expect utopian matches when that never happens in real life.  

Btw- I have digressed from my original opinion.  

Ookla_the_Mok #15 Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:54 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28026 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Post___ez_e___, on 28 June 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

I know I've mentioned this before and it's probably not a popular opinion, but I have no issue with any types of player, be it noob, afk, or other.  

Why?

In a real war we don't get to choose who we fight along side.   In addition, history has shown soldiers going awol, soldiers placed into battlefield without adequate training, ammo, food, communication, reinforcements.   Troops have been placed on the wrong battlefield or inside enemy lines.  

So being that this is only a pixel game, how can I expect utopian matches when that never happens in real life.  

Btw- I have digressed from my original opinion.  

Comparing the game to actual war is not valid.

A better comparison is a group project which in this case lasts no more than 7 minutes. Some players may be more skilled, some may be in over their head, some may not give two craps. Any group project where the members have different expectations and incentives is frustrating, but it is not unreasonable to expect basic competence and effort. If a player is bad at controlling their tank then they should at least be moving with the team and supporting when possible. If a player has no clue about the meta on a map or basic tactics, they can at least observe while hitting a few shots. The bad player annoys me much less than the bossy 40% player or the YOLO artist or the dead rager.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

__Crusader6__ #16 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:08 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 57877 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostRH_131, on 28 June 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

The ignorant noobs are completely at fault for what they do. You don't walk up a hill and decide the next day you're going to climb Mt Everest. You don't get a drivers license and head straight to downtown New York or LA because you're obviously a perfect driver. So there is no reason whatsoever that someone with 300 games can get to tier 4 and think, "Hey, I'm ready for tier 8 now". If you buy a tier 8 premium without even having a regular tier 8 tank you alone are responsible for your terrible performance and deserve every negative review and comment you receive for your incompetence. It's as simple as that

You are sadly mistaken.   They don't know what they don't know. 

Tiers, Stats etc aren't explained by WG at any point. 

The game isn't explained or billed as a competitive setup. 

Nowhere is anyone told a variety of skills outside the forum or player videos. 

I got the Ram II offer for $1.99 Dec 2014, I had 1 tier 2 (US Med) and got it thinking I'd have an OP tank, I lost 12 of 20 games as I was totally clueless.  I rage sold it and tried to grind. 

I had 1.5+ M free exp when I found the forum as I didn't know what it did, and ground my first 7 tier X tanks from stock with 50% crews as I didn't have credits.  

We as veteran players need to remember that WG does an awful job to educate the player base on anything but buying premium tanks or now golding thru grinds. 

Tank Hoarder: 360 tanks in Garage:  364/366 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed

Enzo_Gorlami #17 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32677 battles
  • [BELLS]
Reminds me of last January when I was new to WOTB. I didn't like Tiers I & II much, and went to III very quickly. I was roaming around the Mines map and exploring while fighting and raging was going on elsewhere. lol

REAPER1823 #18 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:36 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8020 battles
  • [NHP]
IMO, players should not be able to buy a premium tank of say tier 8, unless they have say 100 battles in a tech tree tier 8

Ericmopar #19 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3271 battles
May you have an interesting journey...

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

jkwon126 #20 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36455 battles
  • [HUCK]

Blamers (on MM, team, tank, whatever) and mature noobs shouldn't be lumped together.

Like all things in life, some people will take Blitz real casually even if they've played a long time. There will be some guy out there that's playing pickup basketball for like 20 years even though he sucks at it. He doesn't blame his crap skills on anyone else. He's just naturally bad at it or he just doesn't take it seriously because it's just a way for him to de-stress. Can't blame this guy either. Who are we to tell him how he should live?

If he's stuck in a position where he's playing in the same match as a competitive player, it's not his fault, is it?. It's more the game's fault for not having different competitive levels available. This is hopefully addressed  in 4.0 with ranked matches.

Why don't we just play the best we can, help the people who want to learn, ignore/boo the repugnant blamers, and try to accommodate the casuals. It's pretty selfish to rage at people for not playing the game the way you play yourself.

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

What was that?  Can't hear you over my freedom of speech -Blartch

Do not hold the symbol in higher regard than the freedom it represents. -DaBombV

Also tagged with noob, ignorance, stupidity, difference, DMG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users