• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

jkwon126 #21 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36817 battles
  • [HUCK]

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 28 June 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

Hi everyone, I have not written in awhile.  With this piece I will explore the two various campgrounds of "noobs" that exist within Blitz and assert that all noobs cannot be not all noobs can be faulted for their mistakes.

Fixed it for you. 

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

What was that?  Can't hear you over my freedom of speech -Blartch

Do not hold the symbol in higher regard than the freedom it represents. -DaBombV

jkwon126 #22 Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36817 battles
  • [HUCK]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 28 June 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

For the ignorant, I blame WG. 

I didn't even understand stats or really how to play until I found the forum - I had 7 tier X tanks and 7,500+ battles. 

My stats looked like a Christmas tree - and I let my then 5 yr old son play my tier 9/10 tanks. 

The game is remarkably complicated for a mobile game, the tutorial is poo. 

WOT has much better training and introductions. 

Heck the new tutorial put you in a tier 3 tank before you can get provisions and consumables fully loaded. 

Totally agree. WG should introduce things one at a time. We're used to everything now but really, there's a lot of layers (too many, needlessly imo) in this game. List of things off the top of my head:

- basic moving and turret movement

- aiming reticule, zooming

- autoaim

- penetration (effective armor, auto-bounce, spaced armor)

- bushes/camo

- buildings/sidescrape concept

- hills and depression

- ammo types

- consumables

- radio communication

- base captures

- supremacy mode

- module upgrades & XP

- equipment upgrades & SP

- crew, crew XP, crew training/skills

- missions

- boosters

- ramming mechanism

- basic team tactics

There is a lot of details in this game that we forget about because we've played so much and it's all internalized.

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

Do not hold the symbol in higher regard than the freedom it represents. -DaBombV

4sfield #23 Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:32 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 32077 battles
  • [-1]

There is no such thing as a noob with 10k battles, he's just an ordinary skrub and it's all his own fault. With the amount of resources available to help everyone improve there is no reason to suck for that many games. I have no sympathy for any of them.

In the grand scheme of things you push the battle button, look at the line up and do your thing. If there isn't a recognizable name or tag, they're all irrelevent. There is nothing any of us can do to change that. I've tried, I'm done trying. 

"You can't make a gator out of a tater." ~ everyone who's mattered since 2014

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Gavidoc01 #24 Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

I Golded Level III

• Players
  • 38602 battles
  • [III]

I agree with the assessment but view it a bit differently.

You have the "Rookies" who I would classify as the lower portion of the  "Ignorant Noob" with less than 1-2000 battles and a premium tank or few. 

Your Noob 2 are what I call Scrubs. They aren't noobs.

Edited by Gavidoc01, 28 June 2017 - 05:49 PM.

My Blitzstars

My WOTBStars

I'm a Wallet Warrior. Deal with it.

WriterDude #25 Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 23053 battles

View Postjkwon126, on 28 June 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

Totally agree. WG should introduce things one at a time. We're used to everything now but really, there's a lot of layers (too many, needlessly imo) in this game. List of things off the top of my head:

- basic moving and turret movement

- aiming reticule, zooming

- autoaim

- penetration (effective armor, auto-bounce, spaced armor)

- bushes/camo

- buildings/sidescrape concept

- hills and depression

- ammo types

- consumables

- radio communication

- base captures

- supremacy mode

- module upgrades & XP

- equipment upgrades & SP

- crew, crew XP, crew training/skills

- missions

- boosters

- ramming mechanism

- basic team tactics

There is a lot of details in this game that we forget about because we've played so much and it's all internalized.

This is a good list. I'd add:

-- Game interface adjustments

-- Conserving Health

-- Managing 3-1, 2-1, 1-1 Situations -- Maybe "Advanced team tactics"?

-- Assist Damage (spotting and tracking)

-- Map strategies based on team vehicle types

And just to be snarky I'd add:

-- Complaining about MatchMaker on the Forums

-- Managing WR Anxiety

-- Tier X Envy

-- Inventing Creative Nicknames for update 3.8

-- Hyper-competitive In-Game Raging

-- Profanity Filter Avoidance

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

BobboEvans #26 Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:57 PM

The Society is Real

• Players
  • 42184 battles
I'm not ignorant of my noobness. I'm not noobish by choice. You missed a whole category.  The competent noob. 

Edited by BobboEvans, 28 June 2017 - 06:58 PM.

Just say 'NO' to Vanity

EolSunder1 #27 Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14675 battles
  • [SWUS]

Definition of noobs.

There are newbs, which are new players, who are ignorant, who don't know what they are doing. There isn't any such thing as an ignorant NOOBS, totally different definition. Noobs are stupid, not ignorant. Ignorant people don't have the info, don't know what to do, but once they get the info, get facts, learn to play, they get better, they learn to shoot, learn to fight. Noobs are stupid, which means they don't learn, will never learn, that's the main difference. Ignorant people can learn, stupid people cannot learn.

A Noobs is someone who is at the point they are as good as they are going to get. They are bad players who either don't care, or don't know how to do anything. Just like the hundreds I've seen in the past few days with 10k battles and 250 average damage, or 50% hit rate, or 40% win rate. These are noobs. They haven't, and cannot learn. They are as good as they are going to be. They can't fight, they can't drive, they don't have tactics. If they have 1000 battles, in a tier 5 kv1, and shoot 1 time in a match, they are a noobs. If they are in a tier 6 tank with 39% win rate, and they shoot 8 times and hit 1 time. They are a noobs.  If a new player is in a tier 2-3 tank and isn't good, that is expected, no problem. If a bad player is in a tier 6 tank and still doesn't know how to aim or drive, they are noobs.

Edited by EolSunder1, 10 July 2017 - 03:20 AM.

MrNeverbluff #28 Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:08 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11463 battles
  • [PSBW]

I've read through many of the comments and the Noob is like the Young Bull, where as the experienced players are the Old Bull. 

As the joke goes: An Old Bull and an Young Bull are standing on the hillside, looking at all of the beautiful cows. The Young Bull says "we should run down there and **** a cow" The Old Bull turns to the Young Bull and says "No. We should walk down and **** them all". 

The Noob just wants to get a kill, where the experience player wants to win the game. 

WriterDude #29 Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:10 PM

• Players
  • 23053 battles

View PostBobboEvans, on 28 June 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

I'm not ignorant of my noobness. I'm not noobish by choice. You missed a whole category.  The competent noob. 

Wait, wait... if we're gonna slice and dice new noob categories, how about the drunken unicum noob? The "forgot what tank I was driving" noob? The "I didn't think you could shoot me through that fence" noob? The "if I shoot you multiple times in the same spot, it's gotta go through eventually" noob?

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

WriterDude #30 Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

• Players
  • 23053 battles

View PostMrNeverbluff, on 28 June 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

I've read through many of the comments and the Noob is like the Young Bull, where as the experienced players are the Old Bull. 

As the joke goes: An Old Bull and an Young Bull are standing on the hillside, looking at all of the beautiful cows. The Young Bull says "we should run down there and **** a cow" The Old Bull turns to the Young Bull and says "No. We should walk down and **** them all". 

The Noob just wants to get a kill, where the experience player wants to win the game. 

Welcome to the forums! :-)

NitroTheCreator #31 Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

Bow Down Before Me

• Players
  • 38782 battles
  • [STORM]

Forgive them Father, they know not what they do. - DMG

This is what I have to tell myself every battle to continue not screaming into my iPad 

dedmeat137 #32 Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:41 PM

Bapple!

• Players
  • 20320 battles
  • [IRH]

Rather than rage at low wr potatoes, I've taken to sending:  

Youtube bushka on blitz. It will make the game more fun. Good hunting! 

and

Higher tiers punish mistakes much, much harder. Don't be in a rush to climb the tech tree. 

(These are now macros for me...)

I frequently get thanks from low game count players.  High game count players respond with vitriol and abuse.

popisdead #33 Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17583 battles
  • [ATC_]

Okay so unless you are concep or some other annoying naturally good gamer we were all noobs at one point.

I would say defiant and bullish ignorance.  If I drop a "hey, that's a hard tank to play, maybe don't play the St. Emil as your first line/Tier 7", don't run at the enemy, sit in front of them and die then call people morons" or "don't call people campers in a Dicker Max" and the person just rages,.. that's your noob.  

I've met a lot of people in the game who really take advice well.  If I say "just check out Bushka or Anon's videos about the T71, you might pick up some tips" and they say thanks, then I will never care if that guy never gets to 60% or even 50%.  He's trying to get better and willing to learn.  I sucked at Quakeworld and always played it with my buddy who put up with me playing it (badly).  

Some people just want to have fun and it's okay.  The anger or offensiveness of what,. a simple video game we play for kicks when we have a real life, is the noobish part.

I love kemping bush

jkwon126 #34 Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36817 battles
  • [HUCK]
A definition's like an a-hole. Everyone's got one and they're all slightly different.

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

EolSunder1 #35 Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:26 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14675 battles
  • [SWUS]

The difference is that in the basketball game, you can pick your teams. You don't have to accept a bad player in a game. You can play for fun. But if your in a league playing for wins, ratings, etc you don't pick the bad player to play on your team. You don't want the bad player on your team. You don't want a bad player who is there "just to have fun" and doesn't care, on your team. Its a dumb comparison. Who are we to tell him how he should live? As a player on his team, where he is doing nothing, I am one who can tell him how he can live. If hes on my basketball team and doing nothing but kicking rocks, I'm going to yell at him to actually play in the game and shoot the ball. If he doesn't know how to dribble, or shoot, or even the rules of the game, I'M going to tell him to get his worthless self off the court and learn how to play before he joins in some pickup basketball.

if hes been doing it for 20 years and still can't play, maybe he needs to find a different hobby to relieve stress, because as the definition, hes a NOOBS basketball player and no one wants him on the team. Hey. lets have billy on the team, he won't shoot, score, pass or do anything, boy that will be fun for us!. If hes in a team game, he needs to contribute. if he just wants to have fun, he can play by himself and have all the fun he wants.

Fishy___ #36 Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:12 AM

Mega Scrub

• Players
  • 36483 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 28 June 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

Comparing the game to actual war is not valid.

A better comparison is a group project which in this case lasts no more than 7 minutes. Some players may be more skilled, some may be in over their head, some may not give two craps. Any group project where the members have different expectations and incentives is frustrating, but it is not unreasonable to expect basic competence and effort. If a player is bad at controlling their tank then they should at least be moving with the team and supporting when possible. If a player has no clue about the meta on a map or basic tactics, they can at least observe while hitting a few shots. The bad player annoys me much less than the bossy 40% player or the YOLO artist or the dead rager.

That was a brilliant comparison. Gg.

Big Noob

jkwon126 #37 Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36817 battles
  • [HUCK]

View PostEolSunder1, on 28 June 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

The difference is that in the basketball game, you can pick your teams. You don't have to accept a bad player in a game. You can play for fun. But if your in a league playing for wins, ratings, etc you don't pick the bad player to play on your team. You don't want the bad player on your team. You don't want a bad player who is there "just to have fun" and doesn't care, on your team. Its a dumb comparison. Who are we to tell him how he should live? As a player on his team, where he is doing nothing, I am one who can tell him how he can live. If hes on my basketball team and doing nothing but kicking rocks, I'm going to yell at him to actually play in the game and shoot the ball. If he doesn't know how to dribble, or shoot, or even the rules of the game, I'M going to tell him to get his worthless self off the court and learn how to play before he joins in some pickup basketball.

if hes been doing it for 20 years and still can't play, maybe he needs to find a different hobby to relieve stress, because as the definition, hes a NOOBS basketball player and no one wants him on the team. Hey. lets have billy on the team, he won't shoot, score, pass or do anything, boy that will be fun for us!. If hes in a team game, he needs to contribute. if he just wants to have fun, he can play by himself and have all the fun he wants.

So you agree that in real life, we have options to play at different levels. I can play competitively in my league team while I can still have a game of "Horse" with my brother in law who has a shattered knee from a car accident.

In Blitz we're all in one same pool. The solution then, is to create more levels of competition so everyone can find their place. Which is already happening.

The really a-holish "solution", if you can call it that, is to ridicule people and kick them out of the game because you don't want the possibility of having to carry them in a match. That would make your mother disappointed in you and make Jesus cry.

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

minitel_NA #38 Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 28 June 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

[…]

You can only point them in the right direction and cross your fingers, 

[…]

Do this in two steps.  one after the other, otherwise they might be confused over which finger points to the right direction.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

__Crusader6__ #39 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

ACE Chaser

• Players
  • 58386 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostEolSunder1, on 28 June 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

Those potatoes make aces possible. 

Ever watch bunch of high level players squaring off?  Like watching paint dry?  

Waiting for errors and very defensive positions until one team gives a weakness (real or a trap) 

Yes then it can be fast paced and intense, but at poor ratio usually. 

Many of us look forward to Ranked Battles - but they won't replace the random pubbies matches. 

Bemoaning the player base gets you nothing, but angst and an ulcer. 

Lastly one persons opinion of a noob isn't another's, since none of us are the Galactic Emperor, none of our opinions count on how folks want to enjoy the game (within the context of the rules). 

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

DoragonSenshi #40 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

2nd Lieutenant

• Players
  • 18734 battles
  • [-1]

View PostWriterDude, on 28 June 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

This is a good list. I'd add:

-- Game interface adjustments

-- Conserving Health

-- Managing 3-1, 2-1, 1-1 Situations -- Maybe "Advanced team tactics"?

-- Assist Damage (spotting and tracking)

-- Map strategies based on team vehicle types

And just to be snarky I'd add:

-- Complaining about MatchMaker on the Forums

-- Managing WR Anxiety

-- Tier X Envy

-- Inventing Creative Nicknames for update 3.8

-- Hyper-competitive In-Game Raging

-- Profanity Filter Avoidance

You forgot the good ol "invisible tanks" posts in the snarky section haha

SAu 40 > AMX 40

Fight me^

Also tagged with noob, ignorance, stupidity, difference, DMG