feedback thumbs up down

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

Bait_Car #81 Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:55 PM

Mr. Nice Guy

• Players
  • 23405 battles
  • [HELLS]

I wish I had more time to reply, but I really want to play, so here is a simple short answer.  Based on your comments, you like to play, you like doing well, you do better when you camp and you don't like the comments because you camp.  

You will get less comments and do more damage if you camp in a Tank Destroyer. You are playing a team based online game and the other members on your team may actually lose money because of how you play.  Really good players are expecting each tanker/tank type to do a specific job.  Camping in a Medium or light really upsets the really good players.  Learning that good players had certain expectations took me more than 13K battles.  In my opinion, you are in the wrong tank for what you like to do in this game.  I think if you switch to a TD, watch some TD videos from Bushka, the following will happen:

1. You will win more

2. You will do more damage

3. You will pop more tanks

4. You will have more fun

5. You will get less complaints.

If you play a TD & learn when to relocate, I think you will find that those that complain about you camping, will be players that are not very good and don't understand the game.  Tiers 3-6 will probably be perfect for learning how to TD.  Still working on it myself.

BTW, I don't think I'm that good.  loosing 40%-50% of the time at a game seems wrong to me but when I play well, it really feels good, even if I lose.

My Fun Tanks:

I-Otsu          IV-DW2      VII-IS2

II-T26          V-T67

III-T46         VI-KV1S

NaDa_22 #82 Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20864 battles
  • [_V_]

View Poststar_tech, on 30 June 2017 - 02:01 AM, said:

I have found after almost 6000 games, that I live longer, have more kills, and generally have a better game by camping, sniping, and hanging back.  Sorry you don't like that.

Hence, camping is rampant in FPS.

Problem is that if everyone camps hard, no one would play the game.

You do not play the game for other's pleasure, but having 6,000 games played, does it not make sense to venture out and learn a thing or two, instead of resorting to good old camping tactics?

Foo4Boo #83 Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10460 battles
  • [WINDX]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 30 June 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

Would he at least get to use the gold first?

Damit SPUD and your critical thinking

VikkoTheTusken #84 Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:50 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 18453 battles
  • [III-H]

OP, I truly hope to see you in battle so you can be the next clown featured in my Camping In The Wild series.

Click here for video entertainment

See My Blitz Guide to Resiliency and Being a Better Tanker

Verified Potato of the Sand People

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #85 Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

plz pm me

• Players
  • 20788 battles
  • [FLEET]
You need to get an IS-7 to corner snipe in.  Only then have you achieved level 90 Brazilian

name explanation

AMX 50B - Mort au champ d'honneur!

4sfield #86 Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 23894 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostSharpe40475, on 30 June 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

Sorry, it's a team game. If you're playing in a manner that's not conducive to the team winning, then you're just a selfish prick. 

View Postjaquevius01, on 30 June 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

Are you a Dixie Chick? I'm not ready to play nice, I'm not ready to back down.

View PostSharpe40475, on 30 June 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

You're helping your team about as much as someone who walks away from their keyboard as soon as the battle starts. 

View PostBobboEvans, on 30 June 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

I wouldn't expect anything different from a player like you. You're the type of player that I go to offer advice to.... then stop when I see your win rate because there's no helping 

You guys want to let him up? I think he's had enough.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

BluesAllDay #87 Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6375 battles
  • [SRV]

I would never argue the point to the fact the the basic game would be, could be, should be one team against another team during the course of the battle. However any team I've ever been on always has some sort of a leader. In sports, in business and in any organizational activity there is always at least one person of responsibility. If your lucky you might get three or four seconds to type r something. If your unlucky the battle may already be three or four seconds into batle before your screen changes. I've watched some videos and read some very informative game play tactics on forums. While my overall win rate is only 46% for the last few months my thirty day win rate has hung around the high fifties low sixties.

My attitude of take care of me is why I've improved. My records show when I platoon I loose more so I quit platooning. My records show if I'm in a tournament I loose more so I quit tournaments. The problem with these activities for sub 50%'rs is that more likely than not the other side will be above 50%'rs. Starting the battle with two out of seven handicapped is not insurmountable depending on the many circumstances most importantly the rest of the so-called team. I refuse to do the same thing over and over expecting different results so I quit doing these activities and and start looking out for me (selfish I know) and my survival rate, damage done, kills and win rate go up. Just to see if was imaginary or actual I tooned again and sure enough statistics went the wrong way.

I'm not a camper mostly because I've never really used TD's (about 150 total battles) that if turretless camping early on many maps is the best alternative. Knowing when to move is just as important as knowing where to camp. If the so called team is pushing the reds back and the camper doesn't move forward because they are hoping to get another shot from the same position that may or may not materialize could make a huge difference in the success of the push. If the push begins to fail because the campers fire power is no long assisting it's easy to understand the resentment people have. On the other side of that agreement the push may not have been a wise decision from the campers perspective and moving from the position to join what looks like a bad decision would be suicide so sit tight, let them die they shouldn't have moved forward attitude takes hold. It's a double edged sword that requires a different way to understand the read of the map. 

Anyway if you get stuck on a team with me I will do my best to do my best but don't expect me to do your best too.

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

EolSunder1 #88 Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6630 battles
  • [SWUS]
sadly hes the type of noobs you run into every battle. The funny thing is, he has 6k battles and there are plenty of bad players with 10k, 20k, 30k battles just as bad. Based on his stats, he will one day become one of those players mentioned because he won't improve at this point, at 6000 fights, you have shown how good a player you are, and if you were good you would have fixed any problems by now, players like him are as good as they ever will get. I'm glad he posted, I like people posting for any reason, talking is fun. But a bad player really shouldn't post about other bad players. As a bad player other teammates playing doesn't affect YOUR ability.

Sharpe40475 #89 Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24462 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostVikkoTheTusken, on 30 June 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

OP, I truly hope to see you in battle so you can be the next clown featured in my Camping In The Wild series.

Holy [edited]dude, You made me almost choke on my Chinese food when you dryly said, "Contributing to absolutely nothing."  Well done.
Inspiration for WriterDude's forum Signature is my single greatest accomplishment since starting to play Blitz! 

Sharpe40475 #90 Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24462 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Post4sfield, on 30 June 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

You guys want to let him up? I think he's had enough.

IN my defense, both of my comments there were directed at two different people. lol
Inspiration for WriterDude's forum Signature is my single greatest accomplishment since starting to play Blitz! 

dayton07277 #91 Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:31 AM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 11431 battles
  • [CROWN]

OP. This is my perspective of what I have learned from these forums , vids , and platooning with 60+ and better WR players.

1 map meta also (stay with team) 

2 learn the basics. ( Hull down , sidescrape , peekaboom.)

3 use the mini map. ( No where red is at )

4 use cover and reset camo ( survive)

5 keep your gun in the game( shoot and hit what you shoot at )

Last but I'm sure not least ( much better wisdom then me) no when to run and gun ( relocate,, survival again)

I'm trying to find that last bit of wisdom , find the sweet spots on the map to help your team the most..I have no clue to that  yet! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users