• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

jahawa #41 Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:09 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9482 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostRockracer, on 29 June 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

It's the forums, people are always a-holes to those with stats that aren't blue.

no friggin exeptions

^^^^^^This I see not true. Not even close........

53M1 #42 Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36646 battles

This is what you need to do OP. Try to guess which player on your team doesn't play like bot and help that 1 player. The other 5 are cannon fodder. Use them as shields, let them scout, let them get shot up while you take at the most dangerous targets (tanks) first. With the command buttons, target the tank you want your buddy to focus fire on and they usually do. Sometimes the other 5 bots, I mean players don't miss and actually pen. That is a bonus. These dude aren't going to carry you and if they complain, who cares? They are meat shields.

seriously, master the command buttons asap. 

Edited by Shockey_, 30 June 2017 - 03:14 AM.

acrisis #43 Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

View PostRockracer, on 29 June 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

It's the forums, people are always a-holes to those with stats that aren't blue.

no friggin exeptions

[edited], plenty of forumers have helped people with as little as 35, yes 35%, if they are seeking help, willing to improve and listen to advice.

The same courtesy is however not extended to those who actively troll for thousands of games, throw a tantrum when camping is,not approved, and give a middle finger to team play. 

Edited by acrisis, 30 June 2017 - 03:12 AM.

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
 BCC Forum Thread | BCC Discord invite

Mission Poll  |  Goose Event Poll  | ... 
Looney Tooners  ||  Triarii  ||  Blitz University  ||  Basic Training  ||  Mentor

2.8 Blitz Economy - A visual of the credit coefficients | Got lag? =>  Pingplotter thread

4sfield #44 Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:18 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 24714 battles
  • [CRUEL]
  Nobody here would complain about the way you play if you had a row of purple or blue stats and a WR to justify what you are doing is right. Your stats page is certainly horrific and what your doing isn't working but it isn't your stats page that makes me not want you on my team. It's your attitude.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

53M1 #45 Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36646 battles
Why you know yolo rush? There only 3 183's on red. Go go go

Pssshhhh, dead game.

dayton07277 #46 Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:20 AM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 12086 battles
  • [CROWN]

View Postacrisis, on 29 June 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

[edited], plenty of forumers have helped people with as little as 35, yes 35%, if they are seeking help, willing to improve and listen to advice.

The same courtesy is however not extended to those who actively troll for thousands of games, throw a tantrum when camping is,not approved, and give a middle finger to team play. 

Yep...those players aren't worth the toilet paper I WIPE with..I'm not a very good player. I don't play tier 8 hardly at all or above. Why?? I can't contribute like I should yet.. simple facts.. and I won't do that to my team..

53M1 #47 Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36646 battles

Dude, a lot of people quit. Tier 10 is wasteland most of the time. You should be playing tier 9 and 10 if you have been here over a year.

The E-100 seems to be earning okay. You should be able to stay in the black, it bounces a lot of shells too. 

Edited by Shockey_, 30 June 2017 - 03:27 AM.

War_Vet_1 #48 Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:34 AM

Major Disaster

• Players
  • 12360 battles
  • [4ROG]
OP, too bad most of the people you're talking about don't even know about the forum!

Ignoring life 7 minutes at a time!

BluesAllDay #49 Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6609 battles
  • [SRV]
The one thing this game has never accomplished is the illusion of anything resembling a team. We are a group of individuals of differing skill qualities and different agendas thrown together, not by choice but by chance, to try to play what should be (used to be) a simple tank game. I've tried to pretend I'm on a team but after corresponding to a number of folks I'm quite sure even pretending doesn't work. In fact I no longer even look at the names or tags on either team because the more I play the more meaningless it all seems to become. shoot and try not to get shot and know your position on the map and if the so-called teammates have a problem don't take it personal because more likely than not they had a problem long before they found this game.

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

__Crusader6__ #50 Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:37 AM

BANNED

• Players
  • 43991 battles
  • [III]

View Postjarredondo040, on 29 June 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

As I indicated in my post - buy my gold before telling what to play and where to play. Otherwise, adios Muchacho! And believe me - I am trying to improve but having fun at the same time. After all...it is a GAME.

Best advice is to drop down tiers and practice techniques.  Your dmg ratios after tier 4 get really bad, so your getting caught in the open without cover.  

I believe tier 5-6 are some of the best learning tiers for basics as the tanks in those tiers start gain characteristics of their higher tier tanks.   I would revisit your tier 5's and work to get the dmg up, while working on your survival rate.  

This game has a lot of complicated mechanics to it - and going up tiers quickly without an understanding of what they are can be very painful.  

None of us started as good players - sadly most of the old greats have left, but they used to impart a great deal of knowledge here. There are some great threads on game mechanics and specific play guides for tanks - as well as map metas. 

No one is suggesting spending hours on armor Inspector a day to memorize weak spots and module locations (it helps though ;)  at least looking them over now and then) 

But to me, when I came here after the 1.7 App Store delay, I was shocked to see the stats tracking websites and all the information.  

Before I would try but didn't have the knowledge to do very well.  

Best of luck, and if you want to toon some time hit me up in game 

Join the BCC, let's make Blitz great again together https://discord.gg/cdDdKMw

Certified Tank Hoarder: 306 tanks in Garage (52 now equipped thx 3.8), 291/308 aced (Mk1 and T49A repo), and ~wallet warrior

WANTED: SPARE PARTS...

BAR_001 #51 Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:42 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11919 battles
  • [US29]

View PostEnzo_Gorlami, on 30 June 2017 - 02:53 AM, said:

If you were on my team, I'd direct all red tanks to your location. :)

Exactly. OP is laying back and trying to shoot fish in a barrel at the expense of his team mates demise. There is a word for that..

I get that some tanks are made for sniping. And when they do it right they are an asset. But when you get 3 or 4 campers on one team, that is just plain stupid. Get in the game or get out of it you dough heads!

YuvBnJudged #52 Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5471 battles

View PostFull_Shane, on 30 June 2017 - 02:15 AM, said:

You're coming up on 6k battles and you haven't bothered to improve but you're fine with rage-posting about people calling you out for camping? Did you ever stop to think about how they feel about you holding them back? Your stats say you're dead weight. You need to improve or deal with being called what you are at the moment: crap. 

You own both and IS-6 and a T-54 Mod. 1. Those two practically drive themselves, man. Go back to tiers 1-2, get to at least 50% WR in a few tanks, then move up the tiers. Rinse and repeat for every tier. Try and log 100 battles into some if you really like em. Also, maybe retire that A-20.

Love it when someone hits the nail on the head. +1
1011700835.png

YuvBnJudged #53 Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5471 battles

View Poststar_tech, on 30 June 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

Why should I "bother" to do anything based on what YOU think?  I'm here for fun, not to personally enrich my battle skills at a VIDEO GAME, and particularly not for other people's pleasure.

If this is truly how you feel then open season on you as far as I’m concerned. Your no one I would want to be in battle with. No respect.
1011700835.png

SilverLion468 #54 Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:14 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6121 battles

View Poststar_tech, on 30 June 2017 - 02:01 AM, said:

I've had it with you gung-ho trash talking a-holes.  You know who you are.

I have found after almost 6000 games, that I live longer, have more kills, and generally have a better game by camping, sniping, and hanging back.  Sorry you don't like that.

But you are free to ping me with an inactivity, an unsupporting or even a provocative.  I don't care any more.

Bear in mind though, fair is fair.  If I see the words noob, idiot, moron, camper, or any other derogatory comment, I am going to exercise whatever negative feedback I see fit.

I have had EXCEPTIONAL rounds, but nobody bothers noting that.  So screw you all.  Play like you want.  I'll play like I want.

I primarily drive TDs, and used to think that way.  My favorite vehicle is a thin-skinned, turret-less little rattletrap with a 16.5s reload time, so it's really unwise to get in a close-quarters turning fight with someone who can out-traverse me.  But I found that:
1) Teammates DON'T see it that way.

2) For sniping to be successful, you have to be in the general proximity of the bad guys.

3) When you camp, the team tends to get killed, and then all the bad guys come looking for you, so you lose anyway, on top of ticking your team off.

4) A TD isn't a "tip of the spear" kind of weapon system, so I don't charge in at full speed off the blocks. I'm not the BT-7 ART jockey who goes bolting ahead at mach 2, yelling "Affirmative!  HELP! Affirmative!" only because WoT doesn't have a chat button for "yee-haw!!!" It works well for me to lag just a bit, see how the team is deploying, and then find a gap where my heavier single shot will help out without exposing me to overwhelming fire.  The flanks of the team's line, or in tandem with another TD so we can mutually support each other are good examples of places where I can contribute.  If I see a teammate who is outnumbered, I run up to speed, charge through and try to put a serious hit on a bad guy without stopping so I have a better chance of surviving long enough to reload and turn back into the fight.  (That's probably not okay with some folks, but it seems to work.)  I still have a lot to learn, and the game will never be a lifestyle like it seems to be for some players, but I have to say that I agree with those who get frustrated when it seems like a teammate is more worried about saving his paintjob than winning the battle.  It's ironic -- I think people camp because they don't want to get killed, but the stats might very well show that camping actually gets you killed more often.  Just a thought...

CptCheez #55 Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:20 AM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles
  • [III]

View PostRockracer, on 29 June 2017 - 11:04 PM, said:

It's the forums, people are always a-holes to those with stats that aren't blue who act like a-holes.

Fixed that for ya.  I don't care what your stats look like.  If you come in here posting like a douchenozzle, you're going to get treated like one.  And that's exactly what the OP did.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

SilverLion468 #56 Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:51 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6121 battles

View Poststar_tech, on 30 June 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

Why should I "bother" to do anything based on what YOU think?  I'm here for fun, not to personally enrich my battle skills at a VIDEO GAME, and particularly not for other people's pleasure.

That's an interesting response.  You don't care what anyone else thinks -- that's okay.  No problem with that.  And yet, by the mere act of posting what you did in your original post on the topic, are you not asking people to care about what YOU think?  Forgive me if I'm missing something there, but....?

It looks to me like there are some guys on the forum who are genuinely willing to help you if you're open to it.

Edited by SilverLion468, 30 June 2017 - 06:11 AM.

Ferranzo_JesusLovesYou #57 Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:40 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4754 battles

Howdy star_tech.

Seems people do complain alot in this game. Here's the thing though:

I've lost 12 games in a row before, few times. I get complaints. And in my defense will say that I do carry and am usually the last one alive. The difference between me and you though, is that your win rate is pretty bad man. Even in your A-20 after 4k battles, it is below 50%. You are clearly doing something wrong. Why? Because I myself was a bad player, but after learning very important aspects, I now have over 60% win rate in tier 4 along with some others. 

Feel free to message me if you want to platoon and I will pass and teach what I've learned to you.

He who walks blamelessly and does what is right
    and speaks truth in his heart;
 who does not slander with his tongue
    and does no evil to his neighbor,
    nor takes up a reproach against his friend;

in whose eyes a vile person is despised,
    but who honors those who fear the Lord;
who swears to his own hurt and does not change;
 who does not put out his money at interest
    and does not take a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things shall never be moved.

Meatshield_Six #58 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:06 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 815 battles
  • [TMP]

All you self-absorbed snowflakes that don't believe in team play, this is for you

Edited by Meatshield_Six, 30 June 2017 - 11:10 AM.

___ez_e___ #59 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 51138 battles
  • [GORT]

What the OP doesn't get is that most of us were terrible in the beginning with low 40 WRs.  

What the OP doesn't get is that we all had to go through a learning curve in order to improve our wr.  

What the OP doesn't get is that wr is not static and should be rising.   

What the OP doesn't get is that many of us rehabbed our tanks to bring our stats above the 50 wr mark.  I can assure you that most of my tanks were below 50 wr at some point.   

Edited by ___ez_e___, 30 June 2017 - 11:18 AM.

1991Syclone #60 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33703 battles
  • [TITAN]

The troll is strong with this one.  There's so much red in those stats, it's like a massacre.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users