WoTB ‘Forum Watch Initiative’ sign-up page **DISBANDED**

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

Alo8ight #261 Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:24 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1810 battles

Thank you Thunder for sharing your idea with our community. We can definitely see that you have the community's best interest in mind.

We currently have a reporting system in place that allows us to investigate potentially "unhealthy" content within our forums. In fact, we rely greatly upon all our forum members to keep this system working effectively.

While many of you already use this system, I would like to invite you to discuss any ideas or potential improvements for our forums via PM with me. I'd be happy to discuss them with you!

:honoring:

~Alo8ight

Edited by Alo8ight, 05 December 2014 - 06:31 PM.

BRUENHILLDE #262 Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:36 AM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 15159 battles
  • [US-1]

View PostAlo8ight, on 02 December 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

Thank you Thunder for sharing your idea with our community. We can definitely see that you have the community's best interest in mind.

We currently have a reporting system in place that allows us to investigate potentially "unhealthy" content within our forums. In fact, we rely greatly upon all our forum members to keep this system working effectively.

While many of you already use this system, I would like to invite you to discuss any ideas or potential improvements for our forums via PM with me. I'd be happy to discuss them with you!

~Alo8ight

Is the system that WG is using now going to be the one and only? Or are they going to be allowed to operate a modern day lynch mob? They clearly state that they will be exploiting the voting process and neg reping people and taking private votes on forum users. Does that seem legit to WG? That 30/40 users police the 30k others? 

Winner of the coveted most admired Blitz forumer award for 2018!  In addition to the 2014,15,16,17 awards.

Over 13,000 profile views. Better than 99.99% of forum users. And more than all of club war gaming members combined. And I've never even started a thread or made a video. By the way everyone hates the rules quoting guy. 

Proud member of US-1 ALL AMERICANS! Americans only. To apply here check out our feeder clans Triari and Prammo first. If you are from north or south of the border do not bother applying. You are not welcome here. Thanks. 

Unitater #263 Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22189 battles
Can I join? I like to keep order...and I never troll. :honoring:

All tier Xs acquired. Professional premium tank collector for WoTB.

Please check out my youtubeYOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Links to my guides can be found on my about me page (on profile)

Casual tanker, forum user, and pledge signer

Delta256 #264 Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10085 battles
  • [IMPR]

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 02 December 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

Is the system that WG is using now going to be the one and only? Or are they going to be allowed to operate a modern day lynch mob? They clearly state that they will be exploiting the voting process and neg reping people and taking private votes on forum users. Does that seem legit to WG? That 30/40 users police the 30k others? 

Thunderthies had stated that they in fact would not be exploiting the neg rep system, a few posts back.

I sometimes drive Warships too.

BRUENHILLDE #265 Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 15159 battles
  • [US-1]

View PostDelta256, on 02 December 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Thunderthies had stated that they in fact would not be exploiting the neg rep system, a few posts back.

Im sure he did. Now that the man is looking into this. Ill wait for the mans answer. Thank you. 

Winner of the coveted most admired Blitz forumer award for 2018!  In addition to the 2014,15,16,17 awards.

Over 13,000 profile views. Better than 99.99% of forum users. And more than all of club war gaming members combined. And I've never even started a thread or made a video. By the way everyone hates the rules quoting guy. 

Proud member of US-1 ALL AMERICANS! Americans only. To apply here check out our feeder clans Triari and Prammo first. If you are from north or south of the border do not bother applying. You are not welcome here. Thanks. 

BearHawkMan #266 Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7160 battles

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 02 December 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Im sure he did. Now that the man is looking into this. Ill wait for the mans answer. Thank you. 

You are correct, he did say that.

YouTube: Here | I AM A BOY MEME

Suggestions: Ranked MM/Leagues | Friends List Improvements

Need a TS? Join @ vs26.tserverhq.com:7244 | Old Sig: Here

Come watch me play video games LIVE at twitch.tv/bearhawkman

Articuno711 #267 Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1275 battles
  • [PAWN]

View PostAXMarks, on 02 December 2014 - 03:18 AM, said:

This is a great idea, we would be like the 16th century 'Court of Star Chamber', except better

i'm on the forums basically everyday, and i think i've got enough brains and judgement

, i'm interested ;)

wish I knew more about for my recent AP European History Test… Darn French with your confusing 16th century court system. 

But yeah sign me up for this too. 

Italian tanks are needed.

Would the be amazing, maybe not

Would they be fun and epic, of course 

I know we would all buy at least one premium Italian tank

thunderthies #268 Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:54 AM

Not a Hoax

• Club Wargaming
  • 14051 battles

View Postindeeshm, on 03 December 2014 - 12:37 AM, said:

Can I join? I like to keep order...and I never troll. :honoring:

Cool. Added.

View PostArticuno711, on 03 December 2014 - 12:50 AM, said:

wish I knew more about for my recent AP European History Test… Darn French with your confusing 16th century court system. 

But yeah sign me up for this too. 

Awesome. Added. 

Also, welcome to the forums! Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. 

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels

paulmeadowlark #269 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:20 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24244 battles

View Postdddqqq, on 02 December 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

I guess you got me there. Although I disagree with your definition of trolling. 

Yeah, I always thought of trolling as being lighthearted and silly.  All if the negative stuff I just think of as being a pr1ck!  Maybe there are   good trolls and evil trolls.  Like Jedi maybe?  Were there good grimlens too or just bad ones? What movie had bad gorillas 20 years ago?  Do you remember that???? Amy....?

Maybe we should create definitions of "soft" vs. "hard trolling".  Hard trolling....don't google that!  

Anything that is racist or homophobic or otherwise hateful obviously can't be tolerated.  I just don't want people to avoid posting something clever and hilarious for fear of being called a troll.  

Win rate: lower than yours. Clan: I can't remember.  avg damage: who cares , Tier X's: HuntingpanzerE100, Patron48proof, FVagpanzer4202,TangoVI-II, ChryslerE5.

Win rate in life: Better everyday

thunderthies #270 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:23 AM

Not a Hoax

• Club Wargaming
  • 14051 battles

View Postpaulmeadowlark, on 03 December 2014 - 01:20 AM, said:

Yeah, I always thought of trolling as being lighthearted and silly.  All if the negative stuff I just think of as being a pr1ck!  Maybe there are   good trolls and evil trolls.  Like Jedi maybe?  Were there good grimlens too or just bad ones? What movie had bad gorillas 20 years ago?  Do you remember that???? Amy....?

Maybe we should create definitions of "soft" vs. "hard trolling".  Hard trolling....don't google that!  

Anything that is racist or homophobic or otherwise hateful obviously can't be tolerated.  I just don't want people to avoid posting something clever and hilarious for fear of being called a troll.  

Ha. Love it. 

You pretty much nailed in the first part of the last paragraph. That's the kind of trolling we're talking about.

BearHawkMan #271 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7160 battles

View Postthunderthies, on 02 December 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

Ha. Love it. 

You pretty much nailed in the first part of the last paragraph. That's the kind of trolling we're talking about.

But thats not trolling. Its simply being rude and racist. Most trolls don't use racism or any REAL insults, just light-hearted jokes and a bit of poking fun at people, but nothing offensive.

sheriffsherman #272 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24534 battles

View PostAlo8ight, on 02 December 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

~Alo8ight

This is what i meant to and should've articulated in earlier posts.  Work within the system that is in place and let the pros do their jobs.  Organizing folks to a cyberspace townhall meeting to make important changes is one thing.  Taking matters into your own hands is whole nuther ball of wax.

Not to be a kiss up, but I'm with Alo here.  Thunder, why not work with the staff to make the changes, necessary changes, in order to more efficiently deal with hate speech , vulgar speech, and cliquish behavior?  No one should set themselves apart, its pretentious, pompous, and divisive.  I know you are not like that thunder but i can't say the same for a few of the names that so eagerly joined your group.

FIRST TO 200 TANKS ON BLITZ!!!

I'm a gen 1 gamer, been crushing bad guys since the 1970s

BearHawkMan #273 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7160 battles

View Postsheriffsherman, on 02 December 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

This is what i meant to and should've articulated in earlier posts.  Work within the system that is in place and let the pros do their jobs.  Organizing folks to a cyberspace townhall meeting to make important changes is one thing.  Taking matters into your own hands is whole nuther ball of wax.

Not to be a kiss up, but I'm with Alo here.  Thunder, why not work with the staff to make the changes, necessary changes, in order to more efficiently deal with hate speech , vulgar speech, and cliquish behavior?  No one should set themselves apart, its pretentious, pompous, and divisive.  I know you are not like that thunder but i can't say the same for a few of the names that so eagerly joined your group.

124152/10 would recommend. That about sums it up for me too.

thunderthies #274 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:40 AM

Not a Hoax

• Club Wargaming
  • 14051 battles

View Postsheriffsherman, on 03 December 2014 - 01:33 AM, said:

That's precisely the point of the Forum Watch. As I've stated, we are not mods; we cannot ban. We are only members with the power to utilize the functionalities provided by WG. If, however, Alo or any other mod decides the Forum Watch is not in the best interest of the forum community, I will happily disband it. But it should be pretty evident by now that my intentions are to create a more harmonious environment free of trolls, not to form some elitist group that strikes out at dissenters. 

sheriffsherman #275 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24534 battles

View Postthunderthies, on 02 December 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

That's precisely the point of the Forum Watch. As I've stated, we are not mods; we cannot ban. We are only members with the power to utilize the functionalities provided by WG. If, however, Alo or any other mod decides the Forum Watch is not in the best interest of the forum community, I will happily disband it. But it should be pretty evident by now that my intentions are to create a more harmonious environment free of trolls, not to form some elitist group that strikes out at dissenters. 

Thunder, no disrespect, but I think Alo was pretty clear that this group is not welcome.  He was very diplomatic and nice, but he did kinda point you in a different direction.

FIRST TO 200 TANKS ON BLITZ!!!

I'm a gen 1 gamer, been crushing bad guys since the 1970s

BearHawkMan #276 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7160 battles

View Postthunderthies, on 02 December 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

Alright, I am proposing something for the benefit of the entire forum. We all know Thunder has really good intentions, although we may not agree with his method of delivery, that should be put to the test. Enough talk, lets see if it actually holds up. So, We do not argue about it on this thread anymore, if you have a bone to pick with me about what I am saying, PM me about it. If you agree with me and want to plot ways to destroy thunder put together an argument against the forum watch and take it to WG or something, pm me. OK, from now until December 15 we shall NOT post ANYTHING on here that points out flaws in thunder's coalition. When December 15 comes, we will either resume it on here or I will create another thread on discussion about the 'Forum Watch''s performance/effectiveness.

Edited by BearHawkMan, 03 December 2014 - 01:47 AM.

thunderthies #277 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:54 AM

Not a Hoax

• Club Wargaming
  • 14051 battles

View Postsheriffsherman, on 03 December 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

Thunder, no disrespect, but I think Alo was pretty clear that this group is not welcome.  He was very diplomatic and nice, but he did kinda point you in a different direction.

None taken! I interpreted Alo's reply a bit differently. In my interactions with him, I have found him to be quite direct. Of course, I could be very well be wrong, and as I said, if Alo or any other mod feels the Forum Watch is not in the best interest of the forum community, I'll happily disband it.  

View PostBearHawkMan, on 03 December 2014 - 01:47 AM, said:

Alright, I am proposing something for the benefit of the entire forum. We all know Thunder has really good intentions, although we may not agree with his method of delivery, that should be put to the test. Enough talk, lets see if it actually holds up. So, We do not argue about it on this thread anymore, if you have a bone to pick with me about what I am saying, PM me about it. If you agree with me and want to plot ways to destroy thunder put together an argument against the forum watch and take it to WG or something, pm me. OK, from now until December 15 we shall NOT post ANYTHING on here that points out flaws in thunder's coalition. When December 15 comes, we will either resume it on here or I will create another thread on discussion about the 'Forum Watch''s performance/effectiveness.

Ha. Love it. 

Well, you know I'm on board. :smile:

IanEN #278 Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:09 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7045 battles
  • [TBM_]

View PostAlo8ight, on 03 December 2014 - 12:24 AM, said:

~Alo8ight

waiit what there is a system to report trolls? how come i never knew this ohh wat is this sytem?:smile:

In Garage: Panther/m10, panther, Jagdtiger, Tiger II, T34, Super Pershing, and much more

mehliveat #279 Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 300 battles

View PostIc3Shard_, on 03 December 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

waiit what there is a system to report trolls? how come i never knew this ohh wat is this sytem?:smile:

Are you on mobile or pc?

If on PC.

Look to the left column with people's names and details.  Towards the bottom there is a "report" button.

If on mobile, I can't seem to find a report, or a up/downvote functionaility at all.

Edited by mehliveat, 03 December 2014 - 02:48 AM.

_TheGypsyDog #280 Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11404 battles
  • [SRT-]

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 03 December 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

not being cheeky but "woman's answer", found that out on the live streem when she played with jamiebot

The Grandmaster is Back!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users