• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

StinkyFruitRollUps #41 Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 35553 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View Posttpcshadow, on 06 July 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

​I'm near Dallas, and I'm getting routed through telia.net in Dallas (dls-b21-link.telia.net) and getting a consistent 3-6% ping loss there. The next step is Ashburn, VA (https://tsic-dev.appspot.com/), where the gcore hosting seems to actually be located (https://gcore.lu/ - notice the WG customer quote at the bottom of the page).

I'm in FTW and I'm getting the same issue. Guess I need to submit a ticket so we can get WG to fix this on their end.

__Crusader6__ #42 Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59773 battles
  • [-C6-]

I played in Ashburn on Thursday after a meeting - not 350m from WG Blitz servers. 

Issues are on their end for the most part. 

Today doesn't seem bad (some packet loss) but last night despite 11 ping in game was having significant issues after 2030 Eastern 

Tank Hoarder: 384 tanks in Garage:  376/386 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

tankcrunch #43 Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles

View Postreluctanttheist, on 04 July 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

I've been tracking some bad lag for a couple of weeks now and have a ticket into WG, who made me jump through the usual number of hoops to ensure that the lag is real.

Symptoms:

• your tank jerks around a bit as you drive, as do other tanks - no smooth input or driving
  • your tank stops or starts a moment after you put in the input for it to do so
  • your tank fires a moment after you hit the button

I've made quite a few Pingplotter runs to figure out where on the worldwide-waste-of-time the problem is originating - and I've been getting consistent packet losses with three hops operated by Gcore.  Gcore is a content delivery network that - from what I can read - is delivering content for Wargaming.  WoT PC is also having lag/latency grief right now on their east coast server.

Spoiler

If more of you can submit tickets on this problem (if you're having it) WG can hopefully get this sorted out.

no its part of the Illumati conspiracy.......

Chariot_Solace #44 Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:36 AM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 43585 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 05 July 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

Unplayable at the current status.  LTE or Wifi. 

Ping and FPS indicate no issues. But game play is choppy and shots seem to leave .5-1sexond after firing. 

Yea. That's my experience as well. Unplayable for a week at least. Idk I stopped counting. I haven't received any of the rewards from this event except for the first day, and my sparse parts grind has been stationary for just as long. I played a couple battles today before I rage quit because there's no point in even attempting to play like this. My tank's acting like a Flying Fish skipping through ocean waves and my ping's spiking to 2-4K sometimes. It's a friggin joke.

Tier Xs: 14 Lines I'm Grinding: 6 Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: 57 Premiums: 60

YourTypicalNoob #45 Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12696 battles
  • [DFNT]
The problem will solve itself in time

reluctanttheist #46 Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:38 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25679 battles
  • [III-H]
I had this odd thought - and maybe it's not that odd - could it be some form of DoS attack against WG?

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

Ericmopar #47 Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3271 battles

View Postreluctanttheist, on 09 July 2017 - 09:38 PM, said:

I had this odd thought - and maybe it's not that odd - could it be some form of DoS attack against WG?

Maybe, but if that is the case, wouldn't they be attacking the other servers as well?

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

CptCheez #48 Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

So I did some digging last night on those dc11 hops. Those dc11 IPs aren't owned by Equinix or WG...they're owned by Gcore, the very same company we were discussing earlier this thread that hosts WG's servers. It's their networking equipment in the Equinix datacenter, not Equinix's.

And it turns out that WoT PC users are having same problem we are, there are several threads about it on the WoT forum.

These switches are affecting multiple WG game environments (Blitz & WoT PC), and causing user lag.  WG *really* needs to open a case with Gcore and get this stuff fixed.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

someguyfromPitt #49 Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 49242 battles
  • [III]

I have never been more frustrated with the game this week in the poor connection and gameplay deficits.  Not 1 reply on this matter from War Gaming on how to assist in the matter. Yinz work in customer service, bit dont do your job on major issues. Remeber the 'invisable tanks' issue and the clairity on the issue?  That was the last time yinz did a great job at your job. Since then, its failure after failure to communicate.   Just like when they did the whole M60 debacle they ignored after 1 post. Another poorly managed incedent as a feather in the cap of Poor Gaming. 

I really can't understand is how a game like Forces of Freedom that has servers in the United Kingdom consistently has better connection and ping quality ever than working in produce. And that game is in beta not earning income like this money grab.  There isnt financial support and their technology is way better. Why?

When War Gaming does not reply to threads like this, it's reinforces the thought that wargaming does not care about its player base at all and only looks at us as income. I believe they have cheapen their product by reducing their costs on servers which is effectively made the game run poorly and not worth playing for supporting financially.  Not even Dogface, who claimed he would run things differently but is acting simular to the old boss,  has replied or adressed this matter.

If War Gaming was my employee, they would have been fired by now. Too many mistakes, not enough customer support, and knowing the playerbase deserves better but refusing to do so means that we should look elsewhere since the relationship is nearing public relations disaster. 

At this point, I dont care if you solve the issue.  I'd be happy if they closed up the NA server, transfered us to EU or RU where there is some customer support and different servers, and washed their hands of this disaster. 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

acrisis #50 Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20523 battles
  • [III]

Except that plenty of folks in EU wish they were in NA, when it comes to connecting with the NA reps. 

If anything, some people part way up the chain and at the top need to go. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Ericmopar #51 Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3271 battles

View PostCptCheez, on 10 July 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

So I did some digging last night on those dc11 hops. Those dc11 IPs aren't owned by Equinix or WG...they're owned by Gcore, the very same company we were discussing earlier this thread that hosts WG's servers. It's their networking equipment in the Equinix datacenter, not Equinix's.

And it turns out that WoT PC users are having same problem we are, there are several threads about it on the WoT forum.

These switches are affecting multiple WG game environments (Blitz & WoT PC), and causing user lag.  WG *really* needs to open a case with Gcore and get this stuff fixed.

If you see enough plots from different areas, it's actually multiple companies running dodgy server farms and anodes etc.

Edited by Ericmopar, 10 July 2017 - 09:59 PM.

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

Spekulatius #52 Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32181 battles
  • [III-S]
The IP matters - I had Internet from the cable company here in Long Island and I found some dead nodes with a 100% packet loss in the path. I switched to Fios and saw none of these things. The overall ping has not changed much - it is around 40-45msec, but the lag issues that I occasionally found (streaming apps like Netflix had similar issues) are mostly history now.

Community pledge signer

CptCheez #53 Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:31 AM

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostEricmopar, on 10 July 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

If you see enough plots from different areas, it's actually multiple companies running dodgy server farms and anodes etc.

I've seen them.  And every one of them is showing unacceptable levels of packet loss on Gcore's networking infrastructure, the last 1-2 hops before you get to the actual game server.  Nothing you see before the last IP is a "server farm" or "anode".

someguyfromPitt #54 Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:55 AM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 49242 battles
  • [III]

So i spent 30 minutes this evening resetting my connection and validating my end. Afterwards I still had packet loss. 

What at else can I do?

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

KOOKSEVERYWHERE #55 Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:08 AM

Private

• Players
  • 25448 battles
I've been having the same issues that this thread explains. Has anyone heard anything other than the cut and paste messages from WG? This is really frustrating. Everything else on my network is working flawlessly. 

__Crusader6__ #56 Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:28 AM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59773 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostCptCheez, on 10 July 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

I've seen them.  And every one of them is showing unacceptable levels of packet loss on Gcore's networking infrastructure, the last 1-2 hops before you get to the actual game server.  Nothing you see before the last IP is a "server farm" or "anode".

As the good Captain points out, it's not an us issue, this is a them issue.   

I played several games last week on a 'three hop' connection less than 500m from the server and guess where the issues where...

I live in NoVa, less than 20miles from the game server, and it didn't matter what of 5 different connection methods I used and if I was 350m way or 18 miles.  

Tank Hoarder: 384 tanks in Garage:  376/386 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

CptCheez #57 Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:33 AM

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostsomeguyfromPitt, on 10 July 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

So i spent 30 minutes this evening resetting my connection and validating my end. Afterwards I still had packet loss. 

What at else can I do?

There's nothing any of us can do except keep putting pressure on WG to get this fixed on their end.  They are the only ones who can open a support case with Gcore, as they are Gcore's customer.

lafite2014 #58 Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:17 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39824 battles
  • [REJEX]

This has been happening a lot to me lately. Crazy ping spikes. And at the worst times. Really ruins a game for you. Roll out for a shot and....tank just keeps rolling. 

And the Jerky tanks seems to happen daily anymore. And the map jerks as well. Frustrating. 

vvk2 #59 Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 71881 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postacrisis, on 10 July 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

Except that plenty of folks in EU wish they were in NA, when it comes to connecting with the NA reps. 

If anything, some people part way up the chain and at the top need to go. 

Just to add to this, for example there is no 4 exception ticket per year policy on the RU server (e.g. there is no guaranty you can get back tanks you rage sold including prems). There was some ranting about this on their forum but AFAIK it got nowhere..

Edited by vvk2, 11 July 2017 - 03:40 PM.

acrisis #60 Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20523 battles
  • [III]

Waw ... no exception tickets in RU? 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Also tagged with lag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users