• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Vino4Ever #81 Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11863 battles

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 16 July 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

Oh Lord. It's the 1v1 challenge. :facepalm:

But it has to be one of the few "real" tanks vs one of the many "fake" tanks.
Mute the Dead

tankcrunch #82 Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles
:popcorn:

CrimsonJaeger #83 Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7324 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostClockwork_Legion, on 16 July 2017 - 04:39 AM, said:

Well its a start...

Look, I understand that I have a lot to learn...

But in my post, I was discussing psychology, not tanks.

But the spare parts obviously haven't been changed. And for a very simple reason. 1 Because it died down. Because they lost NO income and NO players (or at least they came back.) The devs had NO reason to change anything back. In short, if your not willing to make a concerted effort, involving your everyday player, to ACTUALLY change something,2 you don't have a right to complain.

Now back to tanks:

3 I'm saying that from tier 3-8, heavies are not really op, or even as common as everyone makes them out to be. Maybe thats why I lose so much.... we don't have enough heavies.

The only things I've specifically said were not OP were the Dracula and Helsing. I've changed my mind. They are both retarded. Moving on.

In terms of historical accuracy, the game is sketchy at best. The reason we don't have dragons yet is because dragons don't count as tanks. You can't damaged the main gun, or kill the commander of a dragon.

If I'm wrong, please correct me so I can make a revised counter-argument.

And If you want to 1v1 me in a training room sometime, I'd be more than happy to oblige. :bush:

1). You're wrong. Flat out. They lost a ton of players, and not just those that up and quit. My clan lost almost 50% membership. None have come back. I know of at least three clans with no clan lead at all, because the lead left. There are a lot of members on the forum, who stlll post, but do not play. This doesn't even BEGIN to cover the lost revenue of the literally hundreds of people who refuse to buy another item from WGN, regardless of what is offered, over what happened. We aren't talking a 2.99 booster set. I'm talking about people who have 200+ tanks in their garage. No one left? Again, you were not here. You have no idea and are speaking on something you have no direct knowledge of.

2) Statements like this are the heart of arrogance. As a responsible consumer, it is not only your right, but your duty to complain when services or products are sub par. Not all of us have the time to lead the mindless, self absorbed, noobs by the nose and show them that they need to complain for change. Or boycott. The average playerbase recently has degenerated to a majority of one or two game a week players at lower tiers. WGN loses no money, and maybe they pick up a buck here and there. How many of those noobs with four hours invested in this game do you think even CARE about spare parts? Who has the bigger investment and financial impact? The "old guard" with 300 tanks, or "Mr Johnnie Come Lately"  who hasn't figured out yet that he doesn't have to spend gold for APCR in his shiny, new IS3 defender? How many piotential paying customers do you think WGN loses out of sheer frustration because noobs get pummelled by those of us who have fully kitted out tanks? Think it balances out maybe?

3) there are no heavies at 3. There are only 2 that i know of at 4 that are non-premium. 5/6/7 Every nation other than Japan has one. if you are not regularly seeing 2-3 heavies per match, you're playing in a playground I don't visit.  There are 4 tank types. There are 7 players a side. I have NEVER seen a team made entirely of lights or entirely of meds. I HAVE seen teams composed of 6 or 7 heavies, especially at tier 8/9/10 where you cant drive 5 feet without tripping over a td due to td spam.

I am of the view that the tiers should be locked via WR, or at the very least via number of battles. If you have under 2k battles, you have no business in an 8. Much less a 9 or 10. 

Not being offensive, but I don't 1v1 in training rooms with 40%'s. Same reason I don't go seal clubbing. It is not fun for me. Were I to bring any of my tier 7 lights or mediums, your jp would last about long enough for you to get  one shot off before i cod' you to death.

People are not taking you seriously because your stats are abysmal. You have exactly two tanks that you have managed to get a better than 50% WR out of over tier 5. Anything from one to three is garbage stats. Your WR would likely be barely above 40% were it not for your WR at 1-3. Also, please remember, a 50% wr does NOT mean you are better than 50% of other players. My win rate is 52.45%, better than 71.65 percent of all north american players.

Yours at your 40 odd percent puts you at better than 27.55 % of NA players.  Coming here and telling us about the state of the game/ what tanks you see, how often, what is op... Giving us nuggets of wisdom on how to be good consumers about a game we have far more time (and money) invested in than you... Really, it kinda makes you sound like a total jerk. 

Edited by CrimsonJaeger, 16 July 2017 - 01:48 PM.

CAMPERS AND TATERS - Not just your run-of-the-mill tots.

'That dude(ette) spamming the SOS button at the beginning on a match? Let them go, that's their lemming call to arms and it's the fastest ticket back to the garage. "  Goat_Rodeo

christian1470 #84 Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34822 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postwannabeunicum, on 08 July 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

Drac isn't that fantasy. It is an amx cdc.

Before people give me the 2 second repair tracks fantasy, remember that no real life tank repairs even in 10 seconds.

:trollface:

Yeah, a faster, 2/3 size CDC with better traverse and camo ability with the same gun at a tier lower. Not fantasy at all. :facepalm:

CrimsonJaeger #85 Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7324 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 16 July 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

Oh Lord. It's the 1v1 challenge. :facepalm:

See this? See this right here? 

View Posttankcrunch, on 16 July 2017 - 05:37 AM, said:

:popcorn:

And this here?

These are not-so-subtle warnings by members of the forum that you are on very, very shaky ground, and that perhaps, just perhaps, you may be arousing the ire of others. I am not known for having a lot of patience with people who hold forth arrogantly without looking around at the audience first. It's like being a year one med student giving neurosurgeons advice in the operating room. Be very, very careful here.

Edited by CrimsonJaeger, 16 July 2017 - 01:55 PM.

'That dude(ette) spamming the SOS button at the beginning on a match? Let them go, that's their lemming call to arms and it's the fastest ticket back to the garage. "  Goat_Rodeo

Vino4Ever #86 Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11863 battles

View PostCrimsonJaeger, on 16 July 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

See this? See this right here? 

And this here?

These are not-so-subtle warnings by members of the forum that you are on very, very shaky ground, and that perhaps, just perhaps, you may be arousing the ire of others. I am not known for having a lot of patience with people who hold forth arrogantly without looking around at the audience first. It's like being a year one med student giving neurosurgeons advice in the operating room. Be very, very careful her.

No, those are not so subtle indicators that this thread has devolved to the point of random idiocy embodied in a school yard fight challenge.
Mute the Dead

CrimsonJaeger #87 Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7324 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostVino4Ever, on 16 July 2017 - 05:56 AM, said:

No, those are not so subtle indicators that this thread has devolved to the point of random idiocy embodied in a school yard fight challenge.

Thus, why I don't do 1v1 training room matches... 

CrimsonJaeger #88 Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7324 battles
  • [SPUDX]

/ thread for me.

Here is a bunny with  pancake on it's head. 

CrimsonJaeger #89 Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7324 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Just thought you might find this interesting. This was just two random battles in a row. That's 22 of 28 vehicles that are heavies or td's. Heavies alone 18 of 28.

Clockwork_Legion #90 Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1828 battles
  • [666PZ]

View PostCrimsonJaeger, on 16 July 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

1). You're wrong. Flat out. They lost a ton of players, and not just those that up and quit. My clan lost almost 50% membership. None have come back. I know of at least three clans with no clan lead at all, because the lead left. There are a lot of members on the forum, who stlll post, but do not play. This doesn't even BEGIN to cover the lost revenue of the literally hundreds of people who refuse to buy another item from WGN, regardless of what is offered, over what happened. We aren't talking a 2.99 booster set. I'm talking about people who have 200+ tanks in their garage. No one left? Again, you were not here. You have no idea and are speaking on something you have no direct knowledge of.

2) Statements like this are the heart of arrogance. As a responsible consumer, it is not only your right, but your duty to complain when services or products are sub par. Not all of us have the time to lead the mindless, self absorbed, noobs by the nose and show them that they need to complain for change. Or boycott. The average playerbase recently has degenerated to a majority of one or two game a week players at lower tiers. WGN loses no money, and maybe they pick up a buck here and there. How many of those noobs with four hours invested in this game do you think even CARE about spare parts? Who has the bigger investment and financial impact? The "old guard" with 300 tanks, or "Mr Johnnie Come Lately"  who hasn't figured out yet that he doesn't have to spend gold for APCR in his shiny, new IS3 defender? How many piotential paying customers do you think WGN loses out of sheer frustration because noobs get pummelled by those of us who have fully kitted out tanks? Think it balances out maybe?

3) there are no heavies at 3. There are only 2 that i know of at 4 that are non-premium. 5/6/7 Every nation other than Japan has one. if you are not regularly seeing 2-3 heavies per match, you're playing in a playground I don't visit.  There are 4 tank types. There are 7 players a side. I have NEVER seen a team made entirely of lights or entirely of meds. I HAVE seen teams composed of 6 or 7 heavies, especially at tier 8/9/10 where you cant drive 5 feet without tripping over a td due to td spam.

I am of the view that the tiers should be locked via WR, or at the very least via number of battles. If you have under 2k battles, you have no business in an 8. Much less a 9 or 10. 

Not being offensive, but I don't 1v1 in training rooms with 40%'s. Same reason I don't go seal clubbing. It is not fun for me. Were I to bring any of my tier 7 lights or mediums, your jp would last about long enough for you to get  one shot off before i cod' you to death.

People are not taking you seriously because your stats are abysmal. You have exactly two tanks that you have managed to get a better than 50% WR out of over tier 5. Anything from one to three is garbage stats. Your WR would likely be barely above 40% were it not for your WR at 1-3. Also, please remember, a 50% wr does NOT mean you are better than 50% of other players. My win rate is 52.45%, better than 71.65 percent of all north american players.

Yours at your 40 odd percent puts you at better than 27.55 % of NA players.  Coming here and telling us about the state of the game/ what tanks you see, how often, what is op... Giving us nuggets of wisdom on how to be good consumers about a game we have far more time (and money) invested in than you... Really, it kinda makes you sound like a total jerk. 

Looks like I pissed someone off.

Sigh.

I'm done being nice.

Fine. I will admit that WG lost players and maybe a bit of income. Not enough to matter.

Your "members on the forum who still post but don't play" don't get to complain for that reason. In taking no action you are no better than the "mindless noobs." I've heard enough. Wargaming screwed up, but you think you have the right to complain without acting? Especially in a scenario where the developer has clearly proven they don't care? This game is not about the player base anymore. Its about making money. And unless you can actually do something about that,  then you shouldn't be complaining. THAT is the heart of arrogance.

You may be more experienced than me, but after missing my point completely, it is obvious that you may not be more intelligent.

Yes, I just said that. Bite me.

3-8 is a pretty wide range. I never said I didn't see 2-3 heavies per team, but when I do see all heavies, they lose. I honestly have very little Idea how you misinterpreted that. What I said is that in tiers 3-8, they are not op. Haven't gotten to 9-10 yet, but I hear its pretty bad. You may be right there.

Tiers should be locked by average kills/damage, not w/r. For obvious reasons.

My stats are abysmal because I don't camp in a bush the whole game. I SMASH THINGS!

You would probably wreck me in a 1v1. JagPanther is not only team dependent, but hates lights.

I'm definitely not better than 27.5% of players. More like 5%. That doesn't mean I can't give you my nuggets. 

Edit: Insert nugget joke here. :hiding:

Second Edit: I forgot to praise your pancake bunny. Nice pancake bunny. I like pancakes.

Edited by Clockwork_Legion, 16 July 2017 - 06:11 PM.

CrimsonJaeger #91 Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7324 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostClockwork_Legion, on 16 July 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

Looks like I pissed someone off.

Sigh.

I'm done being nice.

Fine. I will admit that WG lost players and maybe a bit of income. Not enough to matter.

Your "members on the forum who still post but don't play" don't get to complain for that reason. In taking no action you are no better than the "mindless noobs." I've heard enough. Wargaming screwed up, but you think you have the right to complain without acting? Especially in a scenario where the developer has clearly proven they don't care? This game is not about the player base anymore. Its about making money. And unless you can actually do something about that,  then you shouldn't be complaining. THAT is the heart of arrogance.

You may be more experienced than me, but after missing my point completely, it is obvious that you may not be more intelligent.

Yes, I just said that. Bite me.

3-8 is a pretty wide range. I never said I didn't see 2-3 heavies per team, but when I do see all heavies, they lose. I honestly have very little Idea how you misinterpreted that. What I said is that in tiers 3-8, they are not op. Haven't gotten to 9-10 yet, but I hear its pretty bad. You may be right there.

Tiers should be locked by average kills/damage, not w/r. For obvious reasons.

My stats are abysmal because I don't camp in a bush the whole game. I SMASH THINGS!

You would probably wreck me in a 1v1. JagPanther is not only team dependent, but hates lights.

I'm definitely not better than 27.5% of players. More like 5%. That doesn't mean I can't give you my nuggets. 

Edit: Insert nugget joke here. :hiding:

Second Edit: I forgot to praise your pancake cat. Nice pancake cat. I like pancakes.

Oh honey, you didn't piss me off. Trust me you'd know. We can just agree to disagree. I'm not going to argue who's more intelligent. What a silly thing to say. My dad can beat up your dad, blah blah blah. 

You go ahead and think what you want about people not making WGN's wallet hurt. We all did what we could. You weren't here. Again, you have no direct knowledge of what occurred, and therefor are speaking from a position of ignorance.

You have a nice day. I'm done here.

Clockwork_Legion #92 Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1828 battles
  • [666PZ]

View PostCrimsonJaeger, on 16 July 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

Oh honey, you didn't piss me off. Trust me you'd know. We can just agree to disagree. I'm not going to argue who's more intelligent. What a silly thing to say. My dad can beat up your dad, blah blah blah. 

You go ahead and think what you want about people not making WGN's wallet hurt. We all did what we could. You weren't here. Again, you have no direct knowledge of what occurred, and therefor are speaking from a position of ignorance.

You have a nice day. I'm done here.

And you as well? I think that was a polite way of ending things?

Well then, I'll see you on the battlefield...

After I get my stats up...

I'll get there. Eventually...

Ferranzo_JesusLovesYou #93 Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:45 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4769 battles

View PostClockwork_Legion, on 16 July 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

And you as well? I think that was a polite way of ending things?

Well then, I'll see you on the battlefield...

After I get my stats up...

I'll get there. Eventually...

"things will solve itself with time".

He who walks blamelessly and does what is right
    and speaks truth in his heart;
 who does not slander with his tongue
    and does no evil to his neighbor,
    nor takes up a reproach against his friend;

in whose eyes a vile person is despised,
    but who honors those who fear the Lord;
who swears to his own hurt and does not change;
 who does not put out his money at interest
    and does not take a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things shall never be moved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users