• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

RoadKutter #21 Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 23011 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostBig_Brothers_Ban_Hammer, on 10 July 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

your forgetting that they said bronze tickets wont be used. The tickets remaining in use (Silver and Gold) can only be earned by winning a tourny. Cant even buy them

That's good then, I really don't feel like jumping through WG hoops to equip my tanks. Got a wife and kid to worry about not some tournament that falls at weird hrs of  the day. I'll save my tournament time for Clan Wars 3, at least those work.

If you give a man fire, he will be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

TitaniumRadon #22 Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9368 battles
  • [SAWT]
Is the tournaments only for a group for clan members in the same clan or can anyone from any clan join a team and play the tournaments.

ForgottenProphet #23 Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8452 battles
  • [SKXLL]

View PostNiora, on 10 July 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

We are looking for ways to hold tournaments 1vs1 sometimes. They will be something like fan tournaments. Sadly in the nearest future we are not planning to hold them but keepin' in mind anyway.

That's because currently we are preparing something special for players and announce it very-very soon...) And I suppose NA community is interested for offline tournaments, right? ;)

define an offline tournament seeing how the game is run off of a server-side how would this take place unless you were referencing Lan events

Let's get it

_AzorAhai #24 Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

The IT guy

• Players
  • 28495 battles
  • [C-4]

View PostForgottenProphet, on 10 July 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

define an offline tournament seeing how the game is run off of a server-side how would this take place unless you were referencing Lan events

more twister cup like stuff

Tap on the signature to visit my YouTube ^^^^^^ 

SpartacusDiablo #25 Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9943 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostNiora, on 10 July 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

..but you can win spare parts in the tournament)

Can you please relay a message from the NA community to the folks in charge.

Spare Parts are almost universally hated. Their implementation along with timers and the poor balancing that came with the equipment changes are killing players willingness to spend money or even play the game.  Please roll back these horribly thought out changes. Thanks.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE WORLD FAMOUS SPUD CLAN

Sans Reproache

Support your neighborhood scout

​#FixTheFury 

NateDawg2k16 #26 Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

All Hail Dogface, The Great One

• Players
  • 10109 battles
  • [META]

View PostNiora, on 10 July 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

We are looking for ways to hold tournaments 1vs1 sometimes. They will be something like fan tournaments. Sadly in the nearest future we are not planning to hold them but keepin' in mind anyway.

That's because currently we are preparing something special for players and announce it very-very soon...) And I suppose NA community is interested for offline tournaments, right? ;)

Offline tournaments? This may not be how it is on the RU server but here on the North American server, we're told these things on the day they occur, so we kinda can't be interested because we don't know about it

Edited by NateDawg2k16, 10 July 2017 - 04:45 PM.

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have.

this dude is on to me... 

He's part of the Society! - Seal

ChokeMe_WhipMe_Maika #27 Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24087 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View PostRoadKutter, on 10 July 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

That's good then, I really don't feel like jumping through WG hoops to equip my tanks. Got a wife and kid to worry about not some tournament that falls at weird hrs of  the day. I'll save my tournament time for Clan Wars 3, at least those work.

You're a little late... CW3 ended like 2 months ago...

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

(~・・)~ Aussie is Awesome ~(・・~)

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

fabius1453 #28 Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23421 battles
  • [_NME_]

View PostNiora, on 10 July 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

Hello, RH_131!

1. Start time: 8:00 PM (PT). Registration starts three days before the startime at 8:00 AM (PT).

2. Yes. But if we will have a lot of feedback about time and requests to change time - we can think about it :) I saw that before now tournaments took place on 6 PM but now they will be shifted two hours ahead. I'm not sure yet that it's comfortable time for all players, so.. will see )

3. By winrate (normalized type when teams in the group A are similar by winrate to group B for example).

By the way, prizes will be increased for all series. For example, 1st place in Gold series IX-X: a Grand Championships Ticket, Gold Series IX-X Ticket, 4,000,000 credits, 16 special Crew XP boosters, 16 special Combat XP boosters, and 400 Gold, 15 000 spare parts for each team member.

8:00 PM, Pacific Time. So, 10 PM Central, and 11 PM Eastern? That actually works well for me (Central time), but I wonder how that'll go for the East Coast. 

Previously, start times of 7 PM Central were tough. Basically every tournament was accompanied by a guilty look at the wife and toddler...

someguyfromPitt #29 Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:10 PM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 36781 battles
  • [III-X]

What Id like is to take my account to RU where the game has some support and will last into 2020?

Do you have any details on a RU server transfer?

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, Patton M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

RoadKutter #30 Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 23011 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostINeedToBePunishedNeechan, on 10 July 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

You're a little late... CW3 ended like 2 months ago...

Ikr, all I meant that that was more important than the ingame tournament 

If you give a man fire, he will be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

john_bond_16_pc #31 Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

The name's bond...John bond.

• Players
  • 11283 battles

wow awesome to see that WG cares enough to send someone who know what they are doing over here.

welcome Niora!

I see you down there sly...

​Well John, people have different priorities. Some are here to drive historical tanks and have fun, others for the glorious color coded numbers and other for the relationships and friends they've made. The middle group are the ones who'll say they can't play due to 3.8, they're afraid of having smaller numbers than everyone else and losing the imaginary position they have. They're also the same people who immediately pull stats into any discussion so that they can try to discredit the other side. I will admit I have good stats but I honestly am here for the tanks and fun. Once this game becomes anything other than that I'm out , but until then I'm here to stay.

​COD-X CLAN DEP and TRPD MATE

Stats:                                                                                       

Lovely_PrammoSpammer #32 Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:02 PM

BLITZKRIEG

• Players
  • 21808 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostNiora, on 10 July 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Hello, dear players!

My name is Daria Klimchuk (known as Knopka on RU realm). I'm your tournament manager for the future. So if you will have any questions about tournaments and topics to discuss - please feel free to ask me :)

Soon tournaments will be back to the game on NA!

Will be available three tournament series:

• Bronze series (Tiers V-VI, VII-VIII, IX-X) - every Tuesday and Thursday;
  • Silver series (Tiers V-VI, VII-VIII, IX-X) - every Tuesday and Thursday;
  • Gold series (Tiers VII-VIII, IX-X) - every Sunday.

Tournaments will be published in the game at the end of this week or in the start of next week. Also regulations will be published on the forum.

I hope you would like to participate in it :)

Glad to hear this, welcome to NA!

#1 BAD CLAN NA

PUERTORICAN TANKER

boris55555 #33 Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8802 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postacrisis, on 10 July 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

Players should not have to play tournaments to get spart parts bonuses to get their equipment back which WG took away. 

And most adults do not have the ability to play in gaming competitions, at the time of WG's choosing due to timezones, work, family, hobby, ... 

hello, 

thank you for any part in Fixing  tournements. I have never played in one because of the time constraints referenced above. I could possibly live with spare parts if someone at wg could do some proper math and realize we were stolen from and dish some sparse parts at a higher factor.

timers are universally hated. 

Many of these changes have resulted in me and many like me not spending a penny since 3.8. Previously I made a monthly donation in one way or another because I enjoyed the product very much and wanted to financially support it. Unless some sort of solution is reached I will never spend a dime more and more importantly many others will not either. Why spend when it can be clawed back at any instant by wg...it's a trust issue. 

Im sorry that some of us are off topic in this thread...we are a bit starved for attention/information.

thank you for replying. Thank you for having a dialogue with us.

this forum has not been working as intended and will not be fixed with time. It requires people such as yourself to communicate with us.

thank you again.

. The count is still 0 and 1. I'm dirty: I've given them $40, shame me I’m a 3.h8 failure.

CDINGEY #34 Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9797 battles
  • [FRONT]

One tournament issue is the conflict with software updates.  

Getting everyone in the clan online, with the update loaded on tournament night was sometime hard.

hydra1415 #35 Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 15539 battles
  • [DR5IA]

View PostNiora, on 10 July 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

Start time: 8:00 PM (PT). Registration starts three days before the startime at 8:00 AM (PT).

Hang on a second. You're telling me that tournaments will take place at 8:00 West Coast time... Do people realize that tournaments would then be taking place at 11:00 pm on the East coast? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds when I'm trying to juggle high school and a job? Ill never be able to make those if I wish to retain my sanity, good grades, and a decent relationship with my parents, and I know that the same goes for many of the guys in DR5IA. That's just not possible, especially if tournaments last for 90 minutes (if you do well). Are people on the west coast complaining so much about a mid-afternoon tournament that WG is going to make everyone on the East Coast play after midnight? WHY?

Not_A_Fascist #36 Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:12 PM

Haruna > Fusou

• Players
  • 14685 battles
  • [MAHOU]

View Posthydra1415, on 10 July 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

Hang on a second. You're telling me that tournaments will take place at 8:00 West Coast time... Do people realize that tournaments would then be taking place at 11:00 pm on the East coast? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds when I'm trying to juggle high school and a job? Ill never be able to make those if I wish to retain my sanity, good grades, and a decent relationship with my parents, and I know that the same goes for many of the guys in DR5IA. That's just not possible, especially if tournaments last for 90 minutes (if you do well). Are people on the west coast complaining so much about a mid-afternoon tournament that WG is going to make everyone on the East Coast play after midnight? WHY?

Calm, calm :P I do most of my playing after 12:00 AM, and I'm going into IB, and plan to take 2 AP tests next year. 

I can get by on 4 hours of sleep, and I don't mean to sound arrogant, but why shouldn't you-if you want to participate, of course. 

Thanks to Zennosha and/or Panbun, I have a shiny new signature! Thank you!

hydra1415 #37 Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 15539 battles
  • [DR5IA]

View PostNot_A_Fascist, on 10 July 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

Calm, calm :P I do most of my playing after 12:00 AM, and I'm going into IB, and plan to take 2 AP tests next year. 

I can get by on 4 hours of sleep, and I don't mean to sound arrogant, but why shouldn't you-if you want to participate, of course. 

I dont mean to sound like an overly arrogant prick either, it's just the fact that WG is making tournaments difficult for us East Coast people to attend just because people on the West Coast have trouble playing around 5:00 pm. That's no big deal. I might have to ask to take an unpayed break, but I could do it. But making it 8:00 pm for them means that it's making it virtually impossible for me to play, even if I want in. If time zones are such a big deal, the why dont they just hold two every time? One at 8:00 pm est, and one at 8:00 pm pst. That way, everyone can do what works best for them. It doesnt seem like that hard of a solution. But they do this instead. Why? What runs this logic? It can't be that hard (unless the server burns down twice a day this way :sceptic:)

Edited by hydra1415, 10 July 2017 - 10:23 PM.

WMd76 #38 Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:30 PM

Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

• Players
  • 34360 battles
  • [FLOOP]
Wow, NA got so bad they had to send an RU member to straighten things up, and I bet it will work too! RU is strong :D

Edited by WMd76, 10 July 2017 - 10:31 PM.

3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)

Knopka_NA #39 Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:25 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostTitaniumRadon, on 10 July 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

Is the tournaments only for a group for clan members in the same clan or can anyone from any clan join a team and play the tournaments.

All of our tournaments (for now) are related to clan members in the same clan.

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 10 July 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

Can you please relay a message from the NA community to the folks in charge.

Spare Parts are almost universally hated. Their implementation along with timers and the poor balancing that came with the equipment changes are killing players willingness to spend money or even play the game.  Please roll back these horribly thought out changes. Thanks.

As I know my colleagues already know feedback from NA about spare parts (and not only on NA). But anyway I'll relay it again )

View PostNateDawg2k16, on 10 July 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

Offline tournaments? This may not be how it is on the RU server but here on the North American server, we're told these things on the day they occur, so we kinda can't be interested because we don't know about it

We will inform community about Qualifiers for LANs and LAN for a few days before it starts. It will provide a time to prepare a team )

View PostsomeguyfromPitt, on 10 July 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

What Id like is to take my account to RU where the game has some support and will last into 2020?

Do you have any details on a RU server transfer?

Currently we don't plan transfer to RU (

View Postjohn_bond_16_pc, on 10 July 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

wow awesome to see that WG cares enough to send someone who know what they are doing over here.

welcome Niora!

I see you down there sly...

Thank you! ) Glad to be with NA community )

View PostLovely_PrammoSpammer, on 10 July 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

Glad to hear this, welcome to NA!

Thank you!

View Postboris55555, on 10 July 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

hello, 

thank you for any part in Fixing  tournements. I have never played in one because of the time constraints referenced above. I could possibly live with spare parts if someone at wg could do some proper math and realize we were stolen from and dish some sparse parts at a higher factor.

timers are universally hated. 

Many of these changes have resulted in me and many like me not spending a penny since 3.8. Previously I made a monthly donation in one way or another because I enjoyed the product very much and wanted to financially support it. Unless some sort of solution is reached I will never spend a dime more and more importantly many others will not either. Why spend when it can be clawed back at any instant by wg...it's a trust issue. 

Im sorry that some of us are off topic in this thread...we are a bit starved for attention/information.

thank you for replying. Thank you for having a dialogue with us.

this forum has not been working as intended and will not be fixed with time. It requires people such as yourself to communicate with us.

thank you again.

Hello boris55555,

perhaps we will attract more community managers up here to communicate with players. You're right, we should have a dialogue and get a feedback from community to understand what players worrying about and what we can do to solve any issues which probably may happens. Let's start from communication about tournaments, it will be very helpful to discuss questions about it according our plans to develop tournament system )

View Posthydra1415, on 10 July 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

Can you please advice what time do you think will be comfortable for West Coast players?

On RU we have a similar problem. CIS is a really big region with a different timezones. Most of players are in UTC + timezone but we also have players on Far East (it's UTC +7, +8 etc. ...). We tried to decide this situation by two types of tournaments separated by start time. May be on NA we can do the same.

Sadly we stopped for a time tournaments on RU wit UTC +8 timezone because a low quantity of teams-participants. Hope on NA we will have much more teams playing from West Coast )

PixelRage #40 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:53 AM

Professional Easter Egg Hunter

• Players
  • 15170 battles

Hello Niora!

You listed that tournaments will only be held on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Tournaments are a major factor as to why I play this game and I live in Australia so obviously I can't always do the tournaments. Will there be Friday and Saturday tournaments or are those listed dates the only dates that we can play tournaments on?

Edited by PixelRage, 11 July 2017 - 09:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users