• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

hydra1415 #41 Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14661 battles
  • [DR5IA]

View PostNiora, on 11 July 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

Can you please advice what time do you think will be comfortable for West Coast players?

On RU we have a similar problem. CIS is a really big region with a different timezones. Most of players are in UTC + timezone but we also have players on Far East (it's UTC +7, +8 etc. ...). We tried to decide this situation by two types of tournaments separated by start time. May be on NA we can do the same.

Sadly we stopped for a time tournaments on RU wit UTC +8 timezone because a low quantity of teams-participants. Hope on NA we will have much more teams playing from West Coast )

Like the system you have described for the RU server, you could have two tournaments each Tues, Thurs, and Sun. One would be at a time comfortable for East Coast players (8:00 pm est; 5:00 pst) and then hold the other at the time currently scheduled for the West Coast players (8:00 pst). This way, there is a tournament for everyone. However, let both coasts participate in either tournament, so that clans are not split apart by this divide. If players have the time and the wish to attend both, then let them. 

Off of the top of my head, this seems like a suitable system, but it's just an idea. 

Knopka_NA #42 Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:16 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostPixelRage, on 11 July 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

Hello Niora!

You listed that tournaments will only be held on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Tournaments are a major factor as to why I play this game and I live in Australia so obviously I can't always do the tournaments. Will there be Friday and Saturday tournaments or are those listed dates the only dates that we can play tournaments on?

Hello PixelRage!

Currently we will hold tournaments only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Is a date an only concern by your side or you're worrying about time too? As I know many of Australian players play on ASIA server because of a comfortable time there.

View Posthydra1415, on 11 July 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

Like the system you have described for the RU server, you could have two tournaments each Tues, Thurs, and Sun. One would be at a time comfortable for East Coast players (8:00 pm est; 5:00 pst) and then hold the other at the time currently scheduled for the West Coast players (8:00 pst). This way, there is a tournament for everyone. However, let both coasts participate in either tournament, so that clans are not split apart by this divide. If players have the time and the wish to attend both, then let them. 

Off of the top of my head, this seems like a suitable system, but it's just an idea. 

You're thinking in the right dimension! )

The question I need to clarify - is a comfortable time for West Coast players. Please clarify one moment (did i get you right?): West Coast comfortable time - 8:00 pst, equals 11 PM est, correct?

PixelRage #43 Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

Professional Easter Egg Hunter

• Players
  • 15170 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostNiora, on 11 July 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

Hello PixelRage!

Currently we will hold tournaments only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Is a date an only concern by your side or you're worrying about time too? As I know many of Australian players play on ASIA server because of a comfortable time there.

The question I need to clarify - is a comfortable time for West Coast players. Please clarify one moment (did i get you right?): West Coast comfortable time - 8:00 pst, equals 11 PM est, correct?

I'm fine with the times but I can't make it to tourneys on the those dates which sucks but I'll just have to deal with it. Also the Asia server isn't that great that's why I'm on NA :)

BorisBaddenov #44 Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 17707 battles
  • [ST2RM]

I don't play tournaments - mostly because they've either been broken - or the payout has not been enticing.

I will be watching very closely - because I think this is one of those things where Wargaming cannot "win" no matter what.

1.  If Niora is actually able to make tournaments work - then WG has egg on its face because they did not give CC_Sly the training/support he needed in order to make tournaments work.

2.  If Niora is unable to make tournaments work - then WG  has egg on its face because they cannot create code that actually works.

So -- which helping of Egg do you think WG will get?

I vote #1 -- the NA staff here is pretty much out of the loop on everything it seems.  They can't even place a release announcement on our forums - they expect us to get our news from Asia.

Peace-

Boris

Edited by BorisBaddenov, 11 July 2017 - 12:50 PM.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Knopka_NA #45 Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostPixelRage, on 11 July 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

I'm fine with the times but I can't make it to tourneys on the those dates which sucks but I'll just have to deal with it.

Anyway if you and your team will have any chance to participate in tournaments - it would be great!)

Block Quote

Also the Asia server isn't that great that's why I'm on NA :)

And you have a good progress here. 15k battles - oh my god that's a lot! :great:

mike82198 #46 Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33461 battles
  • [PRAMO]

A tournament starting at 8PM PST would end after midnight EST. That's a bit extreme, especially given that EST population is bigger than PST (that's general population, but I don't assume Blitz is unique in its appeal to one coast or the other). I suggest moving it back by an hour or two so that the tournament at least starts and ends on the same day for everyone.

I highly doubt NA server is big enough to have two sets of tournaments - especially at the Silver and Gold level - to accommodate each time zone "perfectly". It's best to find a middle ground. 

Edited by mike82198, 11 July 2017 - 01:10 PM.

LoweExpectations #47 Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles
Nice to have an active moderator! :D

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

RH_131 #48 Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

Maus Master

• Players
  • 27230 battles
  • [PURPL]

View Postmike82198, on 11 July 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

A tournament starting at 8PM PST would end after midnight EST. That's a bit extreme, especially given that EST population is bigger than PST (that's general population, but I don't assume Blitz is unique in its appeal to one coast or the other). I suggest moving it back by an hour or two so that the tournament at least starts and ends on the same day for everyone.

I highly doubt NA server is big enough to have two sets of tournaments - especially at the Silver and Gold level - to accommodate each time zone "perfectly". It's best to find a middle ground. 

Would it be possible to split the times on the weekly tournaments. Have say 1 on Tuesday which is at a time good for Pacific players and then the Thursday one timed for East coast players. This way both sides could play in each tournament, but at the same time they would be given 1 tournament timed for their region. Not sure how effective it will be with the lower # of players on NA but I think this might work better than trying to run 2 on the same night. If we have to find a middle ground I would suggest returning to 6pm PST so that east coast is at 9pm, finishing the tournament between 10 and 10:30, but if it could just be moved up an hour to 7pm pacific it would be helpful to EST.

#1 Maus Damage Record Holder

"We just lost to 2 tanks that shouldn't even be considered for clan wars"-Anonymous after being defeated by the PNCR Maus tank division.

Tanks I need to buy: T110E4, M46 Patton, Obj 704, Caernarvon, Leopard, Centurion 7/1
Tanks I own: M103, T95, M3 Light, T7 Car, KV-4, IS-7, Rhm Borsig, and Tortoise 
Tanks I own(and like): E-50 M, E-100, Jg. Pz. E-100, Luchs, Maus, Jagdtiger 88, Leopard 1, Obj 140, IS-3D, Van Helsing, LTP, KV2, T-54, Kuro, Chi Ri, Su 100M1, and Pz 4 Anko
Favorite Tank: M4A3E8 FURY!!!!!!
          I now have a YouTube channel, if you enjoy disappointment press the subscribe button

iRaikkonen #49 Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22379 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostNiora, on 11 July 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

Hello PixelRage!

Hello Daria, and welcome to NA. Purpl has fought in pretty much every online and offline tournament that has ever gone on in NA since training rooms came to blitz. I understand that there is a logistical problem via the time zones. I found in our experience running the tournament start time at 9:30 est and 6:30 pst is the best possible compromise. With 3 rounds and 30 minute spacing, the final clans are done at the latest, 11 pm est and 8 pm pst. This ensures both involvement from the pacific coast players because it's after when most people get out of work, and it ends at 11 pm east coast before most players on the east coast go to bed. At this point Purpl as a clan and team has played hundreads of matches between the War Gaming based tournaments, the Clan Wars series, Blitz Pro League and currently the Dog Days of Summer. Please let me know if you have any questions about this. Again this has always been the best compromise for not only our players but all other teams as well. Thank you for your time, iRaikkonen, Purpl Clan Lead

Knopka_NA #50 Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:22 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View Postmike82198, on 11 July 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

How about to solve it with that way:

• Tuesday, Bronze and Silver series will start on 8 PM (PT)
  • Thursday, Bronze and Silver series will start on 5 or 6 PM (PT)
  • Sunday, Gold series at the same time for both timezones.

Please share your opinion about that suggestion )

View PostLoweExpectations, on 11 July 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

Nice to have an active moderator! :D

Oh, thank you! :)

View PostiRaikkonen, on 11 July 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

Hello Daria, and welcome to NA. Purpl has fought in pretty much every online and offline tournament that has ever gone on in NA since training rooms came to blitz. I understand that there is a logistical problem via the time zones. I found in our experience running the tournament start time at 9:30 est and 6:30 pst is the best possible compromise. With 3 rounds and 30 minute spacing, the final clans are done at the latest, 11 pm est and 8 pm pst. This ensures both involvement from the pacific coast players because it's after when most people get out of work, and it ends at 11 pm east coast before most players on the east coast go to bed. At this point Purpl as a clan and team has played hundreads of matches between the War Gaming based tournaments, the Clan Wars series, Blitz Pro League and currently the Dog Days of Summer. Please let me know if you have any questions about this. Again this has always been the best compromise for not only our players but all other teams as well. Thank you for your time, iRaikkonen, Purpl Clan Lead

Hello iRaikkonen!

Thank you for your suggestion and experience sharing.

I'm afraid that 6:30 pst - it's too early for other players who would like to participate in the tournaments (just after work, etc.) Please check my suggestion written above. By this way, we can make tournaments comfortable for both sides. If I'm wrong - please let me know )

SpartacusDiablo #51 Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8187 battles
  • [SPUD]
Niora,

First thank you for your response concerning the spare parts fiasco.

Secondly I appreciate your offering input and soliciting feedback from the NA forum. For too long we've felt like the red headed step children of Blitz.

Thank you and good luck getting tournaments running again. :)

Spud Bud platoon Gud

​#FixTheFury

iRaikkonen #52 Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22379 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostNiora, on 11 July 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

Hello iRaikkonen!

I'm afraid that 6:30 pst - it's too early for other players who would like to participate in the tournaments (just after work, etc.) Please check my suggestion written above. By this way, we can make tournaments comfortable for both sides. If I'm wrong - please let me know )

How about launching a Forum Poll? The community to a degree is already here. Why not see what they say and use those results? If you go any later than 10 pm est you will start losing more people from the east coast than you gain on the west coast. I understand that this is a balancing act. There is no question about that. 

NateDawg2k16 #53 Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:31 PM

All Hail Dogface, The Great One

• Players
  • 8807 battles
  • [META]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 11 July 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

Niora,

First thank you for your response concerning the spare parts fiasco.

Secondly I appreciate your offering input and soliciting feedback from the NA forum. For too long we've felt like the red headed step children of Blitz.

Thank you and good luck getting tournaments running again. :)

This. I'm gonna say this with great confidence - Niora, you've answered nearly more questions than any mod in their modtime here.

And the plan for two tournaments are different times should really be a thing with these tournaments. Or we could shift the time to CST, to have it a bit more neutral for each time zone

Edited by NateDawg2k16, 11 July 2017 - 03:33 PM.

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have.

"Never hold in your farts.  They travel up your spine into your brain, and that's where all the crappy ideas come from."

- Boris

I BEAT THE NUMBER EIGHT CHAFEE PLAYER WHEN THEY WERENT NUMBER 8

mike82198 #54 Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33461 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostNiora, on 11 July 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

I think that it's good as long as the problems from the past don't recur. For Bronze this will inevitably work, but for Silver - where tickets are necessary - the threshold minimum number of teams for the tournament has to be reasonable. That's the point at which ticket tournaments failed on NA last time - there were always insufficient teams registered to start Silver tournaments. Regarding Gold, a 2 hour+ tournament on a weekend, I suggest that start time should be such that it ends before 11PM EST. I don't think that there's a zero sum PST versus EST element on a Sunday. 

Edited by mike82198, 11 July 2017 - 03:40 PM.

WimbleWon #55 Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3720 battles
  • [KILL5]
I dont care about the tournaments, im just happy to see an active mod that actually listens and responds to what we say! I hope we get more helps from mods on the different servers.:)

Visit My Stats Page And You Will Wish You Were

Color Blind

%5Burl=http://wotbstars.com...eg[/img][/url] 

hydra1415 #56 Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14661 battles
  • [DR5IA]

View PostNiora, on 11 July 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

I can not speak for the West Coast players (or the East Coast, not all of them). However you are correct in saying that 8:00 on Pacific time is 11:00 on East time. 

If you want/need a time to work with from me, I would just say to do a tournament at 8:00 in each respective time zone, meaning 5:00 pst and 8:00 pst. Pst is 3 hours behind est. 

Edited by hydra1415, 11 July 2017 - 08:30 PM.

ScumbagJuJu #57 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 22314 battles
  • [PURPL]

View PostNiora, on 11 July 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

Hello iRaikkonen!

Could there be a compromise of multiple tournaments? Maybe half the size instead of one big tournament starting at the same time. Teams could sign up for the tournament with the start time of their choosing. At some point both East and West will have to compromise on a time when it comes to silver/gold events but again, maybe the lower level tournaments can have multiple with varied start times?

DerpytrollerZ #58 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5650 battles
  • [FLEET]

View PostiRaikkonen, on 11 July 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

How about launching a Forum Poll? The community to a degree is already here. Why not see what they say and use those results? If you go any later than 10 pm est you will start losing more people from the east coast than you gain on the west coast. I understand that this is a balancing act. There is no question about that. 

Going off of this post, make sure to take the 2 highest voted time periods as the tourney times instead of using 1 for both.

F*** WG am i right?

Faze_destoyer #59 Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11083 battles
  • [MAHOU]
A poll was done in April, and the result was 9 PM EST/6 PM PST being the most voted option. 

Lovely_PrammoSpammer #60 Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:25 AM

BLITZKRIEG

• Players
  • 21563 battles
  • [PRAMO]
9:30 PM EST / 6:30 PM PST sounds very good and it's very useful

#1 BAD CLAN NA

PUERTORICAN TANKER

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users