Jump to content


Bronze series V-VI


  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

_T_A_N_K_O_G_R_A_D_ #41 Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:13 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 23349 battles
  • 13
  • [RUS_]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2015

View Postomgwtf_usa, on 05 August 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

 

in Supply asked me to write to WoTBlitz_Tournaments@wargaming.net, never received anything from them back, thanks

 

Feels like:

-Do u have problems?

-Yes, I do.

-First, write it on paper, then put it into shredder...  



Knopka_NA #42 Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 5 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    06-22-2017

View Postomgwtf_usa, on 06 August 2017 - 01:06 AM, said:

Hello, in Hall of Fame I see, that clan [OMG_] recieved +700cups in t6, but last tourney 2 teams from clan won bronze series V-VI tourney in 8 and 13 groups. should it be +1400 cups? thank you

 

Hello!

 

From the clan with a few teams in the same tournament only the best result will be added to the Hall of Fame. In the example you described there will be 700 cups added to your clan.



mightymiddy #43 Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:23 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 10212 battles
  • 74
  • [ALL4J]
  • Member since:
    09-16-2016
I need some clarification on the avg WR ranking system for tournaments.  It was my understanding that the top seed WR were suppose to be in the same groups?  It really is not fair to have #1 seed be 56 to 70% avg WR and play 45 to 50% teams.

My team in the last 6 tournies has drawn 5th seed so we always won the quarters but always faced #1 seed in the semis and had no chance of beating them.  As a result we always played for 3rd place and won 3rd place.

It really is getting frustrating for not just our team but for but for many captains that i have spoken with that we have these ringer teams in your groups that we really have no chance against.  There is no balance among avg WR in a group.  Can something be done about this major issue to make it fair for all?  It is very much like the ratings battles where people are more evenly matched.

Knopka_NA #44 Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:51 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 5 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    06-22-2017

View Postmightymiddy, on 17 August 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

I need some clarification on the avg WR ranking system for tournaments. It was my understanding that the top seed WR were suppose to be in the same groups? It really is not fair to have #1 seed be 56 to 70% avg WR and play 45 to 50% teams.

My team in the last 6 tournies has drawn 5th seed so we always won the quarters but always faced #1 seed in the semis and had no chance of beating them. As a result we always played for 3rd place and won 3rd place.

It really is getting frustrating for not just our team but for but for many captains that i have spoken with that we have these ringer teams in your groups that we really have no chance against. There is no balance among avg WR in a group. Can something be done about this major issue to make it fair for all? It is very much like the ratings battles where people are more evenly matched.

 

Hello!

 

We are use normalized groups:


1. The system sorts competitors by the ratio
2. Use Normalization algorithm. It is rather complex algorithm that tries to seed teams equally (by average strength of the team) in tournament groups as much as it is possible, so that:
i. each tournament group is relative to each other (by average strength of the team)
ii. achieve normal teams distribution (by their strength) inside each separate tournament group.  

 



BlackFire5 #45 Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 12377 battles
  • 18
  • [GRMPS]
  • Member since:
    05-09-2015
Hello and can someone tell me which tank will be the best for these?

Please do not call me a noob because i am not an insanely good player. If i wanted to be good I could pay for it


BlackFire5 #46 Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:17 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 12377 battles
  • 18
  • [GRMPS]
  • Member since:
    05-09-2015
For tier 5/6 anyway. 

Please do not call me a noob because i am not an insanely good player. If i wanted to be good I could pay for it


Knopka_NA #47 Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:06 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 5 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    06-22-2017

View PostBlackFire5, on 17 August 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Hello and can someone tell me which tank will be the best for these?

 

Teams always change tanks set up according maps / opponents / tiers and skill of playing on the tank of current player. You can watch on Youtube steams with a most popular set ups but you should determine yours anyway :)


mightymiddy #48 Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:31 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 10212 battles
  • 74
  • [ALL4J]
  • Member since:
    09-16-2016

View PostKnopka_NA, on 17 August 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

 

Hello!

 

We are use normalized groups:


1. The system sorts competitors by the ratio
2. Use Normalization algorithm. It is rather complex algorithm that tries to seed teams equally (by average strength of the team) in tournament groups as much as it is possible, so that:
i. each tournament group is relative to each other (by average strength of the team)
ii. achieve normal teams distribution (by their strength) inside each separate tournament group.  

 

 

Ok this makes no sense....why is a 65 to 70% even in the a same group as 45 to 50% WR?  If your system is sorting by WR ratio then all the top teams would be at the top of that list.  Are u saying that each group of 8 is normalized?  Which means your goal is to make sure....lets say the total avg wr for a group of 8 is 50% when avgeraged out?  A few months back the top seeds played in their own group and the playing field was more level.   It is very hard to beat 1st seed when you are less than 50% WR as a team.  So maybe this was done on purpose for the hall of fame.  I really think the hall of fame should be reserved for tier 9 and 10 because that is where the Twister Cup representative will come from.  Then maybe tier7 and tier 8.  But really not sure why there would be a hall of fame for tier 5 tier 6.  Maybe there is something that i am missing that you can explain the logic behind the hall of fame and how the groups are created.


Edited by mightymiddy, 18 August 2017 - 01:34 PM.


ScumbagJuJu #49 Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:04 PM

    Community Scumbag

  • Players
  • 22314 battles
  • 3,297
  • [PURPL]
  • Member since:
    07-13-2014

View Postmightymiddy, on 18 August 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

 

Ok this makes no sense....why is a 65 to 70% even in the a same group as 45 to 50% WR?  If your system is sorting by WR ratio then all the top teams would be at the top of that list.  Are u saying that each group of 8 is normalized?  Which means your goal is to make sure....lets say the total avg wr for a group of 8 is 50% when avgeraged out?  A few months back the top seeds played in their own group and the playing field was more level.   It is very hard to beat 1st seed when you are less than 50% WR as a team.  So maybe this was done on purpose for the hall of fame.  I really think the hall of fame should be reserved for tier 9 and 10 because that is where the Twister Cup representative will come from.  Then maybe tier7 and tier 8.  But really not sure why there would be a hall of fame for tier 5 tier 6.  Maybe there is something that i am missing that you can explain the logic behind the hall of fame and how the groups are created.

Normalized groups means that the combined WR’s of all teams in group A should be close to the combined WR’s of all teams in Group B. It does not mean one group will be all 50% teams and another all 60% teams. Instead they are spread among the groups to “Normalize” the number over all groups. 



Knopka_NA #50 Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:16 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 5 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    06-22-2017

View Post_Kristof, on 18 August 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Normalized groups means that the combined WR’s of all teams in group A should be close to the combined WR’s of all teams in Group B. It does not mean one group will be all 50% teams and another all 60% teams. Instead they are spread among the groups to “Normalize” the number over all groups. 

 

Thank you for your comment, Kristof!

You explained it right.



mightymiddy #51 Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 10212 battles
  • 74
  • [ALL4J]
  • Member since:
    09-16-2016

I have a concern about the brackets for tonight tourney 8/29.  It appears that GROUP 3 is not setup correctly when compared to the other groups....after the teams are seeded 1 to 8 based on total team WR that brackets and matches should be as follows:

1 vs 8

2 vs 7

3 vs 6

4 vs 5

 

HOWEVER when I seed the 8 teams in the group they follow this pattern:

1 POS  56.08%

2 RATO  53.41%

3 WCPC  51.24%

4 SSPZ  50.58%

5 CLB08  47.58%

6 ALL4J  47.22%

7 SAWT2  47.12%

8 CTIRE  46.68%

 

However according to Blitz Assistant the brackets and matches break down to this:

1 vs 5

2 vs 6

3 vs 7

4 vs 8

 

WHY IS OUR GROUP MESSED UP AND THE BRACKETS ARE NOT SET CORRECTLY???  I have looked at many other groups and they were all correct.

 

Can you please fix this before the tourney begins to make it fair for all teams in our group.

 



RexyComandante #52 Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:35 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    08-14-2017

View Postmightymiddy, on 29 August 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Spoiler

 

This is one case of available seeding. Current algorithm creates groups and brackets fair enough. Each team in group was in equal conditions.



Osmium187 #53 Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:28 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 1137 battles
  • 2
  • [HAVOC]
  • Member since:
    05-03-2013

View Postkerrycoolen, on 06 August 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

Agreed. All participants who join the tournament room should get equal rewards.  Many times our captains rotate the rest of us in and sit out themselves.  After all that organizing and time spent they deserve an equal share.

 

AGREE, all who are in the team should get paid period...

_The_Tactition_ #54 Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15414 battles
  • 364
  • [FOE]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015
In the Hall of Fame news article it says that the top 4 go automatically to LANS finals. Does that mean top four teams at each tier level or the overall top four?

It is always Hammer Time! 

 

 


RexyComandante #55 Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:54 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    08-14-2017

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 03 September 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

In the Hall of Fame news article it says that the top 4 go automatically to LANS finals. Does that mean top four teams at each tier level or the overall top four?

Hello, _The_Tactition_!


It means top-4 clans in the Hall of Fame (leader-board IX-X only) get tickets to the final stage of the qualifiers in the Blitz Twister Cup. That's not LAN, but these clans will have easier way into LAN finals.



_The_Tactition_ #56 Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15414 battles
  • 364
  • [FOE]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostRexyComandante, on 04 September 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

Hello, _The_Tactition_!


It means top-4 clans in the Hall of Fame (leader-board IX-X only) get tickets to the final stage of the qualifiers in the Blitz Twister Cup. That's not LAN, but these clans will have easier way into LAN finals.

So there is no point in being tier 6 and 8? 


It is always Hammer Time! 

 

 


Knopka_NA #57 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:38 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 5 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    06-22-2017

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 04 September 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

So there is no point in being tier 6 and 8? 

 

Yes, Twister Cup will be playing on Tier X only.

But for leaderboards 5-6 and 7-8 will be announced other prizes soon.



_The_Tactition_ #58 Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15414 battles
  • 364
  • [FOE]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostKnopka_NA, on 05 September 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

 

Yes, Twister Cup will be playing on Tier X only.

But for leaderboards 5-6 and 7-8 will be announced other prizes soon.

 

So when is LANS? Is it separate and based in the leaderboards? 

It is always Hammer Time! 

 

 


Knopka_NA #59 Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 5 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    06-22-2017

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 05 September 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

 

So when is LANS? Is it separate and based in the leaderboards? 

 

Twister Cup (offline part) will take place on November 11.

Qualifiers will be announced very soon. For every region Qualifiers will have duration about a week. The first region for Qualification - RU, then EU, NA and Asia. Please wait for more information in the news.



mightymiddy #60 Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:56 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 10212 battles
  • 74
  • [ALL4J]
  • Member since:
    09-16-2016
What happened to the Thursday tourney? There are no tournaments listed for Sept 21st.

Please advise when these will be posted?




5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users