• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

BushiBan #1 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1730 battles
  • [SPUD]

et al <O

I've been trying to get this to work, but obviously I'm not doing something correctly. I had text short cuts set up in my keyboard settings on my iMac (Sierra). I have the controls set up as follows G=Global, Enter=Team, P=Platoon. Anytime I key in G or P the chat box opens up for the appropriate chat, but I will have a G in the chat box for Global, or a P in the chat box for platoon. That is my first issue. I always have to delete these letter before entering text.

The second is that I cannot use the keyboard short cuts in any of the chat boxes. They work fine when testing in Pages. For example IMGL = I'm going left. When I enter IMGL in Pages and press enter I get I'm going left. in game I get IMGL.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've searched through the forum and online and have not found anything helpful so now I turn to the more knowledgeable players on here.

Thanking you in advance for your time and help!

SaveSave

ShootinSabot #2 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8708 battles
  • [SPUDX]
I have the same issue. I have just gotten used to hitting backspace before I type anything.

Flinger of Taters

BushiBan #3 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1730 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostShootinSabot, on 11 July 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

I have the same issue. I have just gotten used to hitting backspace before I type anything.

do you use text short cuts?

SaveSave

WouldChip #4 Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

Mortem Fiat Vobis

• Players
  • 24928 battles
  • [III-P]
I don't use the Mac for playing, but I do use iOS on iPad. If it's anything like on a mobile Apple device, I have to hit the space bar after I enter my shortcut for it to populate correctly. so for me, I would open chat, type III(space), enter. This would give the full text expected of the shortcut. For some reason, if I don't hit enter after the shortcut, it won't work correctly like it does on other apps. Try that and see if it helps.

{¡¡¡}   Community Pledge Signer   {¡¡¡}

YouTube Channel

BlitzStars Profile

TonnerreCadien #5 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 29027 battles
  • [HAHA]

This brings me back! In 2015, any time I was on the old Desert Sands map, I would always start the game by typing "Quick Sweep Desert First!" My son, calling me a dinosaur, told me it would be much easier if I created a shortcut for it. Go into battle there, and on chat I'm saying "qsdf qsdf qsdf" People must have thought I was nuts. Never got it to work in chat.

The crazy thing is that it's working right now, here in this forum post! I had to negate it to type the "qsdf" above! Hilarious!

Edited to add: if it's as simple as typing a space first I'm going to be ticked.

Edited by TonnerreCadien, 12 July 2017 - 12:34 AM.

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

Oubliez pas que je suis l'oeuf de la grosse poule, moi.

TonnerreCadien #6 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:52 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 29027 battles
  • [HAHA]

Wouldchip, I could have really used your advice back in the day! I have no need to type Quick Sweep Desert First anymore, but now it's as easy as typing four simple characters, as long as I tap the [edited]spacebar once before starting. Unbelieveable.

I may spend the rest of the evening coming up with more currently useful shortcuts, like "Please don't capture base," "You're not a tank destroyer," "I've been spotted," and "Please I need help NOW!"

Thanks for the tip! It [edited]works!

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

BushiBan #7 Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1730 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostWouldChip, on 11 July 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

I don't use the Mac for playing, but I do use iOS on iPad. If it's anything like on a mobile Apple device, I have to hit the space bar after I enter my shortcut for it to populate correctly. so for me, I would open chat, type III(space), enter. This would give the full text expected of the shortcut. For some reason, if I don't hit enter after the shortcut, it won't work correctly like it does on other apps. Try that and see if it helps.

WouldChip,

appreciate the suggestion. I tried that without positive results. when I enter my short cut text 7iii with a space afterwards then hit enter I just get 7iii instead of <O iii. I'll keep working on it.

thanks again!

SaveSave

TonnerreCadien #8 Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:48 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 29027 battles
  • [HAHA]
Bushiban, I got it to work by hitting the spacebar first, then the abbreviation/shortcut, followed by <return>

BushiBan #9 Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:19 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1730 battles
  • [SPUD]

Tonnerre,

what settings do you use for Global/Team/Platoon to activate the chat? I tried the <space> at the beginning with mine and it still don't work.

SaveSave

TonnerreCadien #10 Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:12 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 29027 battles
  • [HAHA]

Oh boy. You're asking me a question that my son might be able to answer, and he's asleep. This may be a difference between my iPad and the Mac you're using? I didn't have to save any settings for chat... I just went into the iPad keyboard settings and added the shortcuts, which never worked before, but worked today in a training room when I did the space first.

I went to the game settings just now, and I couldn't find anything to deal with chat. Nothing. So I am a bust for you, I'm afraid. Sorry.

BushiBan #11 Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1730 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 11 July 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

Oh boy. You're asking me a question that my son might be able to answer, and he's asleep. This may be a difference between my iPad and the Mac you're using? I didn't have to save any settings for chat... I just went into the iPad keyboard settings and added the shortcuts, which never worked before, but worked today in a training room when I did the space first.

I went to the game settings just now, and I couldn't find anything to deal with chat. Nothing. So I am a bust for you, I'm afraid. Sorry.

Yes there is a difference between the iMac and the iPad. I had asked bg2b, but he uses his iPad, that's why I posted on here. I've tried figuring this out from many months without success. For grinds and giggles maybe I should submit a ticket to WG

Thanks for your help. I do appreciate it. <O

SaveSave

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users