What Heavy Tanks Line Should I Grind

Russian Bias

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: What Heavy Tanks Line Should I Grind (24 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

What Line

1. IS-4 (4 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. IS-7 (5 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

3. T110E5 (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Maus (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. E 100 (3 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. FV whatever (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Amx whatever (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

Richard8786 #1 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:21 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9817 battles
Plz add in the pro and cons of each tank.

TheMainframe #2 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:34 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10541 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

Why not all of them? 

I'm doing the Maus line right now. The line doesn't have a central theme; every tank plays differently. Some of the tanks are fast with low armor (Tier 8 and 6, to a degree) and others are slow with tons of armor (Maus and Tiger(P)). The guns are average. 

The American T110E5 line tanks are hull down monsters tier 7 and up, but they are all pretty slow.

I don't know much about the other ones. Most people seem to love the Russian heavy lines (KV-1 and IS are classics) and the French autoloaders are probably fun. Just pick something. If it's not fun, change it up. 

Be you're own explorer and experiment! 

I love the ones that need it most.

Molley__ #3 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 51399 battles

All worth grinding

Is4 for sidescraping

Is7 for hull down god mode

E5 the all around good stats

Fv215 for the gun and hesh

Omw to the maus and e100 rn but they are super heavies so for the armor

a_cookie #4 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9612 battles
  • [MAHOU]

View PostTheMainframe, on 12 July 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

Why not all of them? 

I'm doing the Maus line right now. The line doesn't have a central theme; every tank plays differently. Some of the tanks are fast with low armor (Tier 8 and 6, to a degree) and others are slow with tons of armor (Maus and Tiger(P)). The guns are average. 

The American T110E5 line tanks are hull down monsters tier 7 and up, but they are all pretty slow.

I don't know much about the other ones. Most people seem to love the Russian heavy lines (KV-1 and IS are classics) and the French autoloaders are probably fun. Just pick something. If it's not fun, change it up. 

Be you're own explorer and experiment! 

Stock IS-8 is like being put into a tub full of magma being boiled

Junko tank

The updated-updated story of a_cookie

Play the single word game here

Official Grammar Nazi, here to help!

He still owes me 100 warchests    B1, The destroyer of worlds  T-10M, The destroyer of universes  Chen shall rise again  Junko tank is best tank

WimbleWon #5 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:47 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3917 battles

The only thing i know about the t110e5 line is that the T29 is fun, and i cant say, much for the T32, since i played very little battles in it (not because i dont like it, because i really love ,my T29) I didn't grind through T1 heavy and M6, i got the T29 through jumbo.

Visit My Stats Page And You Will Wish You Were

Color Blind

%5Burl=http://wotbstars.com...eg[/img][/url] 

Putins_Chariot #6 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:49 AM

Admiral Kitty

• Players
  • 22246 battles

You can never go wrong with russian heavies. Armor go is4 line, mobility go is7. Russian bias is a real thing, as these soviet monsters dominate the battlefield. If you are not adept to sidescraping and basic armor use, then go for the is7. Its more forgiving and easier to have mediocre games in. 

E5 is a great tank line too, tiers 5&6 are bulky beasts, tier 7&8 are the hulldown masters (turret unpennable by all means) and the 9 and 10 are mobile fortresses, boasting great guns and good armor, with well known weakspots. 

The British tier 5-7 are basically bricks. Great armor all around and smaller 'pecking' guns on them. A top tier BP can out perform almost any tier 7 out there imo. The dpm is great. The rest of the line is similar to the top tier americans. Great armor, but their main power is their mobility (for being so heavy), and their stellar guns. Conq is bae

The german lines bounce all over the place. Just dont get too attached to one tanks playstyle, and know that a tiger 1 actually has bad armor, so much unlike its friends in 1945. That said, they are great lines, and e100s gun is a blast, its just very inconsistant

French frys are best at autoloaders. The only other autoloading tier x heavy is the t57, and if you want that you have to deal with mediums amd lights (the only heavy in the line is the t57 itself). Ive played it to tier 7 for frenchies and its been great so far, but if your not in it for mobility and/or heavy tanks woth clips, Id stay away

purchasabIe #7 Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:36 AM

Based Stickman

• Players
  • 15777 battles

All of these tanks are fantastic if you know how to read your map and adapt to your situation, but the general rule of thumb is:

Germans: Thicc, flat armor, higher tier=higher alpha.

Russians: Solid armor with lots of angles and slopes - garbage gun handling for the most part.

Brits: A1 gun handling/fire rate and decent mobility at higher tiers.

Frenchies: 3 round autoloader burst firing, usable gun depression at higher tiers.

Americanos: Solid all rounders, decent front armor, nice weapon handling and mobility.

Hope that helps.

Also curious as to why you have an EUnicum account linked to your forum signature.

Edited by SPlCY, 12 July 2017 - 02:38 AM.

Click here to give a damn

Modern_Neanderthal #8 Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:10 AM

Sedentary Nomad

• Players
  • 45217 battles
  • [BOWL]

View PostSPlCY, on 12 July 2017 - 02:36 AM, said:

All of these tanks are fantastic if you know how to read your map and adapt to your situation, but the general rule of thumb is:

Russians: Solid armor with lots of angles and slopes - garbage gun handling for the most part.

Frenchies: 3 round autoloader burst firing, usable gun depression at higher tiers.

Americanos: Solid all rounders, decent front armor, nice weapon handling and mobility.

Hope that helps.

+1

Destroy0 #9 Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:21 AM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 20666 battles
  • [FRS17]

View PostSPlCY, on 11 July 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

Americanos: Solid all rounders, decent front armor, nice weapon handling and mobility. This excludes the autoloaders which are basically trash.

Hope that helps.

Also curious as to why you have an EUnicum account linked to your forum signature.

Fify

JotheGr3at #10 Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7140 battles
  • [NRA]

I've started all of these lines except E-100, so I'll give you my opinion on what I've grinded so far.

I'm on the KV-3 for the IS-4 line. This line and the IS-7 line get about the same weaponry I believe. The difference is that the tanks in the IS-4 line are slow but more armoured than the IS-7 line. As I'm only on the KV-3, I can't give opinions on Tier 8-10, but so far it's just a slow IS with a bit more armour.

For the IS-7 line, I'm currently on the IS-3. IS through IS-7 still have good armour but I believe it's still less than the IS-4 line. The IS-3, IS-8 and IS-7 have that pike-nose though so you have to face your enemies head on. The frontal armour is already angled so if you angle your tank like you would with the IS-4 line tanks, it's taking away the effectiveness. The IS-7, however, as we all know, is a fast, armoured monster. Probably a very good one to grind. 

I'm only on the T29 for the T110E5 line on Blitz, but on console I have the M103. I don't think there should be a difference though. I think this line is pretty good. You have to go hull down though. The turret of the T29 and the T32 are amazing, so if you can hide your hull, the enemies most likely won't be able to penetrate. Especially the top turret for the T32. Nothing is going to pen the front of the turret, and even the sides and rear are very heavily armoured. The M103 switches from the small, armoured turret of the T32 to the huge, less armoured and weird looking turret. You can still bounce shots on the front of the turret, but the sides and rear of the turret are some big, easily penetrable spots. The tanks in this line are not the slowest, but they aren't fast like the tanks in the IS-7 line. I'm assuming the T110E5 is an M103 with a slightly smaller, more armoured turret.

The Maus line. Now, I'm only on the Tiger (P), but the line seems promising. Tier 5 and 6 were pretty fun in my opinion. The Tiger (P) isn't as bad as some people might make it out to be. Sure it's slow, but that frontal armour is beautiful. I bounced multiple shots consecutively from an IS-3 and an IS-3 Defender in a match I had once. I think the Tiger (P) prepares you for the Maus, which is really armoured but also very slow. I haven't played Tier 8-9 though. I think they have less armour than Tier 7 and 10, but I'll have to see. Pretty excited to get the Maus though, this is the heavy line I'm currently grinding.

I can't give much of an opinion the the FV215b line, as I'm only on the Churchill VII. But, if the Tier 7-10 tanks have the same playstyle as the Churchill VII, this line would be worth grinding in my opinion. Churchill VII - very, very slow, but has good armour and a good gun. I've heard side scraping is very helpful for this line. Like I said though, I can't give much information because I'm just at Tier 6.

Ahh, the AMX 50 B line. I can give some opinions on this, because I'm on the Tier 9 AMX 50 120. I'd free XP the way to Tier 5, as Tier 2-4 are a pain to play. Slow, not so great guns. They do have good armour though. Still, Tier 5 is a good tank. Tier 6 ARL 44 is a fun tank, as it has an amazing gun for a Tier 6 heavy, goes very quick for a Tier 6 heavy, and although it doesn't have the greatest armour, I've bounced quite a few lucky shots on the frontal armour. The AMX M4 45, the Tier 7, is pretty much an ARL 44 with less armour and no tracks sticking out to catch shells. It gets the same gun, but goes a little faster I think. The AMX 50 100 is where things start to get interesting. You can forget about that decent frontal armour you had on Tier 6-7 because you have none in this tank. You are blessed with a beautiful autoloader though. Being able to fire 4 shells quickly can help in many situations, and the tank's mobility let's you get into cover quickly while you reload. Honestly, I liked the AMX 50 100 more than I do the AMX 50 120. This may be because I don't have the top gun on the Tier 9 autoloader, and I have the same as the previous tank but with one less shell. But this Tier 9 tank gets a way bigger turret so you have to be a little more careful. Other than that, it plays a lot like the AMX 50 100. I have yet to get the AMX 50 B, but I'm pretty sure it's just an AMX 50 120 with way better frontal hull armour.

So yea, those are my opinions and the lines I've experience with so far. In my personal opinion, I had a ton of fun in the IS and the AMX 50 100. So, the IS-7 and AMX 50 B lines could be fun ones to grind. But in the end, it all depends on your playstyle.

KingxChuck #11 Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17304 battles

View PostMolleyWhaped, on 11 July 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

Is7 for hull down god mode

​I wouldn't is7 is a hull down tank due to its poor depression, but the turret armor is great when you can find a great cover. 

Me going hill

↳                    Morons who go town                     ↵

Rio_Grande #12 Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11549 battles
  • [AFT]

View Posta_cookie, on 11 July 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

Stock IS-8 is like being put into a tub full of magma being boiled

i free xped the the turret and gun for is8 and it's still pretty lackluster. Granted im just not very good with the tank in of itself, but its hard no bypass the awful hull armor and the "inconsistent" gun. But hey thats just me.

Hans, get the Luger.

Link to my trash discord server: https://discord.gg/tauu3d6

Also tagged with Russian Bias

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users