Jump to content


Hey WG, pick one.... (fix MM)


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Zip_Zip #1 Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:44 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 40276 battles
  • 2,877
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    03-07-2015

Hey WG,

 

I understand that MM makes it harder to win the more we win in order to keep the game challenging.

 

Fine

 

It used to work great.

 

Now it is broken.

 

What was designed to provide challenge, with the quality of the player base lower than even before, now only provides frustration. 

 

Sure super unicums are fine. But everyone else only wins on the strength of MM nowadays. 

 

2 teams every battle. 50% chance of being on the winning team.

 

No....

 

Used to be MM would tweak your chances at wins and losses by subtle parameters. That part hasn't changed except that much like explosives set off in water the force of those subtle machinations is increased a hundred fold while we drown in a sea of poor players that somehow find it fun to hide, sit in spawn for a minute before moving or generally go afk.

 

Either make an effort in game to educate players beyond the tutorial with missions that teach, or adjust MM to make it truly random. 

 

I like a challenge, what we have now is frustration.  I hate to be negative but its getting to me now. I find some time to play and all I get are crap teams today because I won a bunch yesterday. I want to have fun in game everytime I play, not every other time. I want to fight 7 not 13.

 

 


Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

162 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

 


__Waterman__ #2 Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:52 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15964 battles
  • 125
  • [101A]
  • Member since:
    11-18-2015

+1


                                    

                                     

 

 


tedg5 #3 Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:01 PM

    Tater salad

  • Players
  • 33173 battles
  • 3,505
  • [AGOGO]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
I'm all out of tin foil right now, sorry. :amazed:

SpartacusDiablo #4 Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8187 battles
  • 3,232
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014
I just don't see it.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." 

George Carlin

Support your neighborhood scout

​#FixTheFury 


Sturmgeschutz1 #5 Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

    Jagd mich nicht!!

  • Players
  • 34945 battles
  • 197
  • [D_1]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015
Rare parts, bad matching, win rates that don't mean much, inaccurate average damage per battle not increasing, game mechanics still blinking tanks out of sight picture, aiming and calibrations off, ammo nerfed up, missions not paying enough in anything, chest schemes always stealing from players, nooob pool becoming an Oceaned size sea of players ( advise them in chats about what's really happened to this game), tank armor compromised, Russian bias tanks on teams, unicum chest clans getting away with whatever, developers not responding to tickets, data being lost or reported incorrectly, after battle reports not having-showing- or reporting correct data, the HQ is in Belarus or Neverland as nothing ever gets fixed, questions to developers remain unanswered, trolls reporting chat activities in forums, spite votes in the Non Military Dis Honor system that can get you bannned for repaeated hate votes for successfully killing enemy tanks, ping spike issues ( even when ping and fps are showing normal read outs), manipulating chat connections, veteran player base at an all time low, premium tanks now a second rate equal tree tiers, and it goes on and on and on..... Sure yeah uh huh I want to keep shooting.....NOT!!!  

Kiser_Sosei #6 Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:36 PM

    Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

  • Players
  • 21043 battles
  • 1,024
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2014

View Posttedg5, on 13 July 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

I'm all out of tin foil right now, sorry. :amazed:

 

No tin foil hat needed. WG has stated they provide a "Challenge" I also happen to believe that the challenge factor was increased since 3.8. Its wargaming giving us the double middle finger for 3.hate. 
"Die In A Useful Spot"
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

Statum_Bello #7 Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:14 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 14545 battles
  • 5
  • [FYRE]
  • Member since:
    06-30-2016

View PostSturmgeschutz1, on 14 July 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

Rare parts, bad matching, win rates that don't mean much, inaccurate average damage per battle not increasing, game mechanics still blinking tanks out of sight picture, aiming and calibrations off, ammo nerfed up, missions not paying enough in anything, chest schemes always stealing from players, nooob pool becoming an Oceaned size sea of players ( advise them in chats about what's really happened to this game), tank armor compromised, Russian bias tanks on teams, unicum chest clans getting away with whatever, developers not responding to tickets, data being lost or reported incorrectly, after battle reports not having-showing- or reporting correct data, the HQ is in Belarus or Neverland as nothing ever gets fixed, questions to developers remain unanswered, trolls reporting chat activities in forums, spite votes in the Non Military Dis Honor system that can get you bannned for repaeated hate votes for successfully killing enemy tanks, ping spike issues ( even when ping and fps are showing normal read outs), manipulating chat connections, veteran player base at an all time low, premium tanks now a second rate equal tree tiers, and it goes on and on and on..... Sure yeah uh huh I want to keep shooting.....NOT!!!

Exactly.



snoozyalooz #8 Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 38027 battles
  • 32
  • [YOTA]
  • Member since:
    11-24-2014

I have not seen stats about how many new versus veteran players there are, but my impression is the number of really good players has decreased.  Players who buy their way into higher tiers with little experience are my biggest concern.  I think a great improvement and incentive to play more would be controls placed on tier advancements based at least on the number of games played.  Then we will have experienced players in alignment with that level of play.  That would be cool.  If WOT is just thinking $$$ then consider how much more players would work to gain advances and probably stick around longer; increasing revenue.  Who knows.  One caveate is I rarely play tier 9-10 because it costs credits far too often.  I suspect more experienced players hang out there - or bigger egos than mine.  :)

I also think many tickets go to the round file (garbage can) instead of to a person who actually does something about them.  There was an instance within my clan where, if WOT took appropriate action, a player would have been penalized in some way for sure.  Result: nothing happened.  That was an objective eye opener for me.  Poor response on WOT's part.

That said, I still have fun playing WOT despite the frustrations.  I just wish it was better than it is now.

 


Edited by snoozyalooz, 31 July 2017 - 03:19 PM.


RTBRay #9 Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:35 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9099 battles
  • 1,047
  • [RORE]
  • Member since:
    12-31-2015

We, at any given time there is between 60 and 120 players in the que at a time( not to be confused with people playing, only ones waiting in the que), these players are divided into 10 tiers. Chances are because of the low number of players in the que battles are starting as soon as there are enough players to start.

 

This means that attempting to tweak the MM will likely only result in battles getting delayed. Currently it is only as random as the people joining the que at the same time. 


This is a game,  enjoy it, and stop panicking. 


_Blazing_Inferno_ #10 Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:45 PM

    Speed Demon

  • Players
  • 15077 battles
  • 174
  • [4AMD]
  • Member since:
    03-01-2015

View PostZip_Zip, on 12 July 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Hey WG,

 

I understand that MM makes it harder to win the more we win in order to keep the game challenging.

 

Fine

 

It used to work great.

 

Now it is broken.

 

What was designed to provide challenge, with the quality of the player base lower than even before, now only provides frustration. 

 

Sure super unicums are fine. But everyone else only wins on the strength of MM nowadays. 

 

2 teams every battle. 50% chance of being on the winning team.

 

No....

 

Used to be MM would tweak your chances at wins and losses by subtle parameters. That part hasn't changed except that much like explosives set off in water the force of those subtle machinations is increased a hundred fold while we drown in a sea of poor players that somehow find it fun to hide, sit in spawn for a minute before moving or generally go afk.

 

Either make an effort in game to educate players beyond the tutorial with missions that teach, or adjust MM to make it truly random. 

 

I like a challenge, what we have now is frustration.  I hate to be negative but its getting to me now. I find some time to play and all I get are crap teams today because I won a bunch yesterday. I want to have fun in game everytime I play, not every other time. I want to fight 7 not 13.

 

 

If you don't like how you think the mm works, go play ranked battles.


"Pushing ones teammate into open fire may only mark a mistake, but pushing ones teammate into open fire on purpose marks a true noob" - _Blazing_Inferno_

I have only spent $24 and I have 16 premium tanks

Favorite tank: The T6 Dracula

Tiger2691 #11 Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:32 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 16534 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    04-28-2013
My frustration level has peaked, it's obvious after 16,000 battles that the red teams advantages has made the game completely unfair. Both sides should have the same perimeters, equal in every facet of the battle. I don't have a problem loosing, however when it's multiple games and it's total anialation, quite often 7-0 with the red team suffering almost no damage, something's up. I know what camo reset is but when a tank disappears just meters away or just appears meters away, something's up. Yes there are new or bad players, the red team has the same. I just don't understand why the developers will not make the game and or battles completely equal on both sides, right now it is not equal, that's why we are loosing good players. They simply get fed up and leave, WOT will tell you they have more players, that's because they still get so many new ones. They will soon see what really happens and how lop sided the battle field is and leave. Please developers, make these battles fun for all. Make it equal.

mikesd1 #12 Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9637 battles
  • 312
  • [WTFOX]
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

View PostSturmgeschutz1, on 14 July 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

Rare parts, bad matching, win rates that don't mean much, inaccurate average damage per battle not increasing, game mechanics still blinking tanks out of sight picture, aiming and calibrations off, ammo nerfed up, missions not paying enough in anything, chest schemes always stealing from players, nooob pool becoming an Oceaned size sea of players ( advise them in chats about what's really happened to this game), tank armor compromised, Russian bias tanks on teams, unicum chest clans getting away with whatever, developers not responding to tickets, data being lost or reported incorrectly, after battle reports not having-showing- or reporting correct data, the HQ is in Belarus or Neverland as nothing ever gets fixed, questions to developers remain unanswered, trolls reporting chat activities in forums, spite votes in the Non Military Dis Honor system that can get you bannned for repaeated hate votes for successfully killing enemy tanks, ping spike issues ( even when ping and fps are showing normal read outs), manipulating chat connections, veteran player base at an all time low, premium tanks now a second rate equal tree tiers, and it goes on and on and on..... Sure yeah uh huh I want to keep shooting.....NOT!!!

 

WOW someone finally said it all and hit the nail on the head. Thank You.

Ruby_Rose_ #13 Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8773 battles
  • 1,649
  • [SKXLL]
  • Member since:
    09-14-2013

View Post_Blazing_Inferno_, on 31 July 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

If you don't like how you think the mm works, go play ranked battles.

 

This
I believed that Gold Players would play against Gold Player

Now im fighting Platinums, gg


Made by Panbun

"Efficiency is Just Clever Laziness" 

Want a RWBY signature? Here

    Clan Recruitment: FLEET  TRHRD  Discord: FLEET  TRHRD
TRHRD Officer

 


mago_merlin #14 Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 6213 battles
  • 9
  • [C_U_I]
  • Member since:
    01-22-2017

First, le me qualify mty comments by stipulating that I am a noob!

 

Fine.

 

Observations of the game-customer experience:

 

There is NO denying that there is a quantifyable MM engine that puts me in lowest tier 70% of the time. Yes, 7 out of 10 times the lowest tier in the battle - which, when you get up to tiers 5/6/7 means I am basically a worthless paper target. Yes, some "strategists" will say my role is to "support" or run like crazy, hiding, ducking, BUT if my tank is slower than 70 mph, there is no ducking or running away, sorry!

 

And, basically "support role" means being a paper target and exploding to hope that gives your teammates a two second break from them getting fired upon.

 

I have learned to live with that. Fine.

 

As others have pointed out, add the fact that MM is NOT random. I agree, as soon as I start playing better or winning, I get put on a team of worthless players (hey, I'm a noob, but at least I don't camp or act stupidly). Yes, I am talking about no reds dead, all greens eliminated - by chance? No way! There are NO chances where computing is concerned.

 

Ghost tanks - please, please, please: If a tank is there, then my gun should hit it even if my viewfinder can't see it. I am seeing the tank thanks to a buddy, I get that, but the tank is there! So, if my buddy dies while my ordinance is in the air, on its way to the tank that shot him, then it should strike the enemy tank even if it suddenly vanishes from my sight.

 

Tanks should be seen if they are in another tank's SIGHTS, not because they are "in range." I am behind a mountain, circling a foe who is engaged against a buddy, and I get the lightbulb of doom with no tank anywhere - enemy is behind hill, with no vision of me, so why do I show up on his screen???

 

Damn the idiot that came up with the damn missles - uneven advantage = abuse.

 

Ping is (too many times) a disaster, jumping all over the place, my tank vanishing, jumping, a mess.

 

Mysteries of tank armor disparity. Why oh why do I shoot a KV1S with MY KV1S two hundred times in the yellow regions with no effect, and yet they sap the life out of me with one shot? (Don't answer this one with a coy phrase).

 

INSULTS - everytime somebody looks at my stats and says my WR is crap and uses that to insult me is either a jerk or worse... Why? Winning Ratio is entirely dependent on TEAM PLAY, and is no reflection whatsoever of my individual performance so, considering the crappy matchmaking WOT throws at me, its like blaming me for drowning in a boat full of holes! If anything, you can judge me by amount of battles (not so many), and individual medals (many), most of which, in my case, are from causing damage to more enemies than anyone else in the team - wonder why nobody looks at THAT stat?

 

Finally, if you are still reading this I commend your bravery, I don't know you, but I am playing with an iPad, supposedly filtered to only play with other "mobile devices." [bull bleep], I have surveyed my teams, and I am playing against multi-monitor, souped up gpu/cpu monsters with mega-mouse controls while I strain my eyeglasses with a tiny screen and, literally, have sprained my left thumb trying to push Matilda faster up a hill (I can no longer straighten my left thumb). 

 

I accept that bit of unfairness but why put on a button that claims to filter devices if it does nothing?

 

I like the game. Spend hours (and tons of money) on it. But like those before me, it becomes harder to enjoy when the overall experience is ruined by sensless programming that causes frustration - not because you have skills to learn but rather because some programmer found it necessary to stack the odds against you so ridiculously as to make it into a scam to rob you of credits, money, and perhaps most importantly - your enjoyment!

 

- Merlin



SpartacusDiablo #15 Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:19 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8187 battles
  • 3,232
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View Postmago_merlin, on 29 August 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

First, le me qualify mty comments by stipulating that I am a noob!

 

Fine.

 

Observations of the game-customer experience:

 

There is NO denying that there is a quantifyable MM engine that puts me in lowest tier 70% of the time. Yes, 7 out of 10 times the lowest tier in the battle - which, when you get up to tiers 5/6/7 means I am basically a worthless paper target. Yes, some "strategists" will say my role is to "support" or run like crazy, hiding, ducking, BUT if my tank is slower than 70 mph, there is no ducking or running away, sorry!

 

And, basically "support role" means being a paper target and exploding to hope that gives your teammates a two second break from them getting fired upon.

 

I have learned to live with that. Fine.

 

As others have pointed out, add the fact that MM is NOT random. I agree, as soon as I start playing better or winning, I get put on a team of worthless players (hey, I'm a noob, but at least I don't camp or act stupidly). Yes, I am talking about no reds dead, all greens eliminated - by chance? No way! There are NO chances where computing is concerned.

 

Ghost tanks - please, please, please: If a tank is there, then my gun should hit it even if my viewfinder can't see it. I am seeing the tank thanks to a buddy, I get that, but the tank is there! So, if my buddy dies while my ordinance is in the air, on its way to the tank that shot him, then it should strike the enemy tank even if it suddenly vanishes from my sight.

 

Tanks should be seen if they are in another tank's SIGHTS, not because they are "in range." I am behind a mountain, circling a foe who is engaged against a buddy, and I get the lightbulb of doom with no tank anywhere - enemy is behind hill, with no vision of me, so why do I show up on his screen???

 

Damn the idiot that came up with the damn missles - uneven advantage = abuse.

 

Ping is (too many times) a disaster, jumping all over the place, my tank vanishing, jumping, a mess.

 

Mysteries of tank armor disparity. Why oh why do I shoot a KV1S with MY KV1S two hundred times in the yellow regions with no effect, and yet they sap the life out of me with one shot? (Don't answer this one with a coy phrase).

 

INSULTS - everytime somebody looks at my stats and says my WR is crap and uses that to insult me is either a jerk or worse... Why? Winning Ratio is entirely dependent on TEAM PLAY, and is no reflection whatsoever of my individual performance so, considering the crappy matchmaking WOT throws at me, its like blaming me for drowning in a boat full of holes! If anything, you can judge me by amount of battles (not so many), and individual medals (many), most of which, in my case, are from causing damage to more enemies than anyone else in the team - wonder why nobody looks at THAT stat?

 

Finally, if you are still reading this I commend your bravery, I don't know you, but I am playing with an iPad, supposedly filtered to only play with other "mobile devices." [bull bleep], I have surveyed my teams, and I am playing against multi-monitor, souped up gpu/cpu monsters with mega-mouse controls while I strain my eyeglasses with a tiny screen and, literally, have sprained my left thumb trying to push Matilda faster up a hill (I can no longer straighten my left thumb). 

 

I accept that bit of unfairness but why put on a button that claims to filter devices if it does nothing?

 

I like the game. Spend hours (and tons of money) on it. But like those before me, it becomes harder to enjoy when the overall experience is ruined by sensless programming that causes frustration - not because you have skills to learn but rather because some programmer found it necessary to stack the odds against you so ridiculously as to make it into a scam to rob you of credits, money, and perhaps most importantly - your enjoyment!

 

- Merlin



SpartacusDiablo #16 Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:26 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8187 battles
  • 3,232
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View Postmago_merlin, on 29 August 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

First, le me qualify mty comments by stipulating that I am a noob!

 

Fine.

 

Observations of the game-customer experience:

 

There is NO denying that there is a quantifyable MM engine that puts me in lowest tier 70% of the time. Yes, 7 out of 10 times the lowest tier in the battle - which, when you get up to tiers 5/6/7 means I am basically a worthless paper target. Yes, some "strategists" will say my role is to "support" or run like crazy, hiding, ducking, BUT if my tank is slower than 70 mph, there is no ducking or running away, sorry! 

 

And, basically "support role" means being a paper target and exploding to hope that gives your teammates a two second break from them getting fired upon. You have a misunderstanding of what "support" means.

 

I have learned to live with that. Fine.

 

As others have pointed out, add the fact that MM is NOT random. I agree, as soon as I start playing better or winning, I get put on a team of worthless players (hey, I'm a noob, but at least I don't camp or act stupidly). Yes, I am talking about no reds dead, all greens eliminated - by chance? No way! There are NO chances where computing is concerned. Nope. It is random.

 

Ghost tanks - please, please, please: If a tank is there, then my gun should hit it even if my viewfinder can't see it. I am seeing the tank thanks to a buddy, I get that, but the tank is there! So, if my buddy dies while my ordinance is in the air, on its way to the tank that shot him, then it should strike the enemy tank even if it suddenly vanishes from my sight. If you hit and pen a unseen tank you get the damage. It just doesn't show up on the screen real time. Check the after action report.

 

Tanks should be seen if they are in another tank's SIGHTS, not because they are "in range." I am behind a mountain, circling a foe who is engaged against a buddy, and I get the lightbulb of doom with no tank anywhere - enemy is behind hill, with no vision of me, so why do I show up on his screen??? The red team is "radioing" your position to the entire team. Think of them as spotters.

 

Damn the idiot that came up with the damn missles - uneven advantage = abuse. It's available to all players. If you can't beat them, join them.

 

Ping is (too many times) a disaster, jumping all over the place, my tank vanishing, jumping, a mess. Ping has been wonky lately for me as well. Probably something on my end.

 

Mysteries of tank armor disparity. Why oh why do I shoot a KV1S with MY KV1S two hundred times in the yellow regions with no effect, and yet they sap the life out of me with one shot? (Don't answer this one with a coy phrase). Why are you shooting HE. Use your AP rounds.

 

INSULTS - everytime somebody looks at my stats and says my WR is crap and uses that to insult me is either a jerk or worse... Why? Winning Ratio is entirely dependent on TEAM PLAY, and is no reflection whatsoever of my individual performance so, considering the crappy matchmaking WOT throws at me, its like blaming me for drowning in a boat full of holes! If anything, you can judge me by amount of battles (not so many), and individual medals (many), most of which, in my case, are from causing damage to more enemies than anyone else in the team - wonder why nobody looks at THAT stat? This is flat out not true. We all play with the same teams. Good players make the most of what they are given and win more. End of story.

 

Finally, if you are still reading this I commend your bravery, I don't know you, but I am playing with an iPad, supposedly filtered to only play with other "mobile devices." [bull bleep], I have surveyed my teams, and I am playing against multi-monitor, souped up gpu/cpu monsters with mega-mouse controls while I strain my eyeglasses with a tiny screen and, literally, have sprained my left thumb trying to push Matilda faster up a hill (I can no longer straighten my left thumb). 

 

I accept that bit of unfairness but why put on a button that claims to filter devices if it does nothing?

 

I like the game. Spend hours (and tons of money) on it. But like those before me, it becomes harder to enjoy when the overall experience is ruined by sensless programming that causes frustration - not because you have skills to learn but rather because some programmer found it necessary to stack the odds against you so ridiculously as to make it into a scam to rob you of credits, money, and perhaps most importantly - your enjoyment!

 

- Merlin

 


The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." 

George Carlin

Support your neighborhood scout

​#FixTheFury 


BorisBaddenov #17 Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 17707 battles
  • 4,830
  • [ST2RM]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

So much fail in this thread.

 

Even guys with 30k plus games still think the MM is "rigged" some how -- start to win , and get put on a team destined to loose?  

 

What a crock.


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


mago_merlin #18 Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:33 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 6213 battles
  • 9
  • [C_U_I]
  • Member since:
    01-22-2017

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 29 August 2017 - 09:53 PM, said:

So much fail in this thread.

 

Even guys with 30k plus games still think the MM is "rigged" some how -- start to win , and get put on a team destined to loose?  

 

What a crock.

 

My guess is most people that even visit this forum are power users who've played this game nonstop since it was invented... Great, but it doesn't disqualify honest questions, as if it were impossible that the game were ever changed in any way.

 

I never said "destined to lose." I said that, given how easy it is to peruse (look it up) a person's record, win rate, whatever, which is just DATA, any programmer could easily create sn algorhythm that will pull that data and group people of the same abilities together... Wow, is it so hard to believe?

 

My point is, given that programming ability, wouldn't it be better to spread players with diverse stats into different teams do they can even out? Exactly like they do with the tanks themselves, they can do it with players. It is called data mining, and programming, easy as pie!

 

I began stating I am a beginner, not even a game player. In fact I work in advertising and film production, and mining data is used all the time in my industry to IMPROVE the user experience, not game it for profit. Except a great user experience will produce profits!

 

 



BorisBaddenov #19 Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 17707 battles
  • 4,830
  • [ST2RM]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View Postmago_merlin, on 29 August 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

 

My guess is most people that even visit this forum are power users who've played this game nonstop since it was invented... Great, but it doesn't disqualify honest questions, as if it were impossible that the game were ever changed in any way.

 

I never said "destined to lose." I said that, given how easy it is to peruse (look it up) a person's record, win rate, whatever, which is just DATA, any programmer could easily create sn algorhythm that will pull that data and group people of the same abilities together... Wow, is it so hard to believe?

 

My point is, given that programming ability, wouldn't it be better to spread players with diverse stats into different teams do they can even out? Exactly like they do with the tanks themselves, they can do it with players. It is called data mining, and programming, easy as pie!

 

I began stating I am a beginner, not even a game player. In fact I work in advertising and film production, and mining data is used all the time in my industry to IMPROVE the user experience, not game it for profit. Except a great user experience will produce profits!

 

 

 

Here's the thing Mago -

 

WG has told us how the MM works.  WG has told us when they make adjustments to the MM.  WG has been very transparent with the MM system in WoTanks (which is very different) - so there is no reason to think that they would be opaque (look it up) with how the MM here on Blitz works.

 

So - we know that the MM does not try and make you win or lose games.

 

Peace-

Boris


Edited by BorisBaddenov, 30 August 2017 - 12:42 PM.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users