Event Germany premium grind

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

_Herr_ #1 Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5794 battles
  • [514TH]

I suggested this a long time ago, but I've made some adjustments to the post. I think it would be very popular if implemented, and it follows the same format as some older events. It also involves the use of models that already exist in the game, so there isn't a whole lot of work that would need to be put in.

On the second Sunday before Advent, Germany holds the "People's Mourning Day" in honor of its military veterans. In commemoration of the holiday and of Germany's contributions to the military tactics and technologies used around the world today, this thread is a proposal of an event. With the introductions of events such as those for the acquisition of the IS-3 "Defender" and the "Kuro Mori Mine," a wide door of possibility has been opened. In honor of Volkstrauertag, a selection of German vehicles would be offered as rewards. With historical camouflage and high profitability, these tanks could be purchased with gold, a large sum of credits, or earned through the event. Operating much like the Defender and Kuro events, completion of the event would grant the player a choice of vehicle, and the event would then restart, allowing the player to acquire more historic tanks.

Bundle Ideas each totaling 3.5 million credits in value. Available with ~6500-7500 Gold, 3,500,000 Credits, or by simply completing the event tiers

1. "Wittmann": Tiger I. Tier VII mounting the 8,8cm L/56 gun with increased firing rate. Mobility is also enhanced with higher top speed (48kmh) and a faster traverse rate. +5875 Gold (1,350,000 credits for tank)

3. "Knispel": Tiger II: Tier VIII mounting the 8,8cm L/71 gun with increased firing rate. Mobility is also enhanced with higher top speed (42kmh) and a faster traverse rate. +2625 Gold (2,450,000 credits for tank)

4. "Carius": Jagdtiger: Tier IX mounting the 12,8cm L/55 gun with increased firing rate. Mobility is also enhanced with higher top speed (42kmh) and a faster traverse rate. +0 Gold (3,500,000 credits for tank destroyer)

These are the only vehicles that would be made available for the event, as more would create difficulty in having unique camouflage for each, and would make it difficult for players to obtain all available vehicles listed within an event time frame, which would probably be approximately 1.5 months, lasting from the Holiday (early-mid November) through the start of the New Year (January 1).

Edited by _Herr_, 15 July 2017 - 10:22 PM.

-Herr

H.S.Pz.Abt.514. Major, Commanding

"Stupid, you are. Breed, you should not."

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Confusions? Delusions? Message me or email at herr514th@gmail.com

Dreadnoghtus #2 Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

Russian Sealclubber

• Players
  • 22957 battles
  • [ACES_]

View Post_Herr_, on 15 July 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

I suggested this a long time ago, but I've made some adjustments to the post. I think it would be very popular if implemented, and it follows the same format as some older events. It also involves the use of models that already exist in the game, so there isn't a whole lot of work that would need to be put in.

On the second Sunday before Advent, Germany holds the "People's Mourning Day" in honor of its military veterans. In commemoration of the holiday and of Germany's contributions to the military tactics and technologies used around the world today, this thread is a proposal of an event. With the introductions of events such as those for the acquisition of the IS-3 "Defender" and the "Kuro Mori Mine," a wide door of possibility has been opened. In honor of Volkstrauertag, a selection of German vehicles would be offered as rewards. With historical camouflage and high profitability, these tanks could be purchased with gold, a large sum of credits, or earned through the event. Operating much like the Defender and Kuro events, completion of the event would grant the player a choice of vehicle, and the event would then restart, allowing the player to acquire more historic tanks.

Bundle Ideas each totaling 3.5 million credits in value. Available with ~6500-7500 Gold, 3,500,000 Credits, or by simply completing the event tiers

1. "Wittmann": Tiger I. Tier VII mounting the 8,8cm L/56 gun with increased firing rate. Mobility is also enhanced with higher top speed (48kmh) and a faster traverse rate. +5875 Gold (1,350,000 credits for tank)

3. "Knispel": Tiger II: Tier VIII mounting the 8,8cm L/71 gun with increased firing rate. Mobility is also enhanced with higher top speed (42kmh) and a faster traverse rate. +2625 Gold (2,450,000 credits for tank)

4. "Carius": Jagdtiger: Tier IX mounting the 12,8cm L/55 gun with increased firing rate. Mobility is also enhanced with higher top speed (42kmh) and a faster traverse rate. +0 Gold (3,500,000 credits for tank destroyer)

These are the only vehicles that would be made available for the event, as more would create difficulty in having unique camouflage for each, and would make it difficult for players to obtain all available vehicles listed within an event time frame, which would probably be approximately 1.5 months, lasting from the Holiday (early-mid November) through the start of the New Year (January 1).

Watch the red. Mods only

Edited by Dreadnoghtus, 15 July 2017 - 10:20 PM.

_Herr_ #3 Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5794 battles
  • [514TH]

View PostDreadnoghtus, on 15 July 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

Watch the red. Mods only

thanks. Not sure why it did that but it was automatic

-Herr

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Confusions? Delusions? Message me or email at herr514th@gmail.com

king_tiger637 #4 Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4452 battles
  • [PZWAR]

View PostDreadnoghtus, on 15 July 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

Watch the red. Mods only

then they should change it to white :trollface:or just turn it purple. Be smarter wg, not banning more people which I know is fun :trollface:

TheMainframe #5 Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2881 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

Historical tank versions would be awesome, but the buffs you propose would mess up balancing by making the originals obsolete (just because WG might do it doesn't mean we should it encourage it).

An event actually recognizing military history and it's contributors is a wonderful idea though. 

_Herr_ #6 Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:08 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5794 battles
  • [514TH]

View PostTheMainframe, on 15 July 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

Historical tank versions would be awesome, but the buffs you propose would mess up balancing by making the originals obsolete (just because WG might do it doesn't mean we should it encourage it).

An event actually recognizing military history and it's contributors is a wonderful idea though. 

I understand your logic, but how would the originals be obsolete? You'd get higher dpm with these but you would have lower pen than the originals as you wouldn't have access to the higher-pen guns. I would think that the recent prammo nerfs would actually make the originals more effective in most situations. These event tanks would struggle when bottom tier

-Herr

Also tagged with Event, Germany, premium, grind

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users