what equipment is everyone running?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Sharpe40475 #1 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22582 battles
  • [6_CAV]

So, I've finally spent all my spare parts and I've managed to fully upgrade 14 of my 26 tanks. 

What equipment is everyone running? Are there certain items that you consider "no brainers" for virtually all your tanks? Certain ones that are effective for your style/tank types?

Mostly, I'm a front line guy. Generally always one of the first to engage and probably play too aggressively at times. 

Don't do well in Turretless TD's, mostly because I lack the patience to sit back and snipe from afar for long periods. 

I usually run mobile heavies like the IS line, TD's with turrets, of a mix of meds/lights.

As of now, I have opted for rate of fire unless it's already a fast reloading tank, enhanced cabin, improved optics, LGD, improved assembly, improved control, vert. stabilizers, enhanced tracks, and consumables delivery system. 

I think the only one I've varied from tank to tank is the calibrated shells on my fast loading lights..

Any contrary thoughts?

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 16966 battles
  • [ST2RM]

Personally -

Enhanced Tracks -- I would only consider this for very heavy tanks that are likely to constantly be tracked.  I carry two repair kits - so I don't think I need this one at all - I'd rather save the Sparse Parts.

Consumable Delivery System - Total waste of Sparse Parts in my opinion.  Total Waste.  Please stop spending them here :)

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

j0nn0 #3 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:32 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 11748 battles
  • [XREGS]
My focus is effective DPM, view range, applicable armor. It more or less boils down to rammers, module buff, optics, 5% armor, and vertical stabilizers being my core. The other two tier 2 equips are dependent upon my tank stats. GLD I typically mount on my slower heavies and campy TDs while the ramming or scout type tanks get the acceleration boost. Heavies and TDs get the traverse buff of course. The last two in equipment in tier 3 have little returns for their purchase so I don't have them on anything other than my regular clubber tanks.

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

Jrk9259 #4 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:34 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30872 battles
  • [CH]
I carry no equipment and never use camo or premium ammo.  If they fix equipment/spare parts I might consider using it again.

Sharpe40475 #5 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:36 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22582 battles
  • [6_CAV]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 17 July 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

Personally -

Enhanced Tracks -- I would only consider this for very heavy tanks that are likely to constantly be tracked.  I carry two repair kits - so I don't think I need this one at all - I'd rather save the Sparse Parts.

Consumable Delivery System - Total waste of Sparse Parts in my opinion.  Total Waste.  Please stop spending them here :)

Peace-

Boris

I don't disagree with that, as I've also thought they were the least productive items. With that being said, I've still purchased them. If you're looking for the sucker born this particular minute, I'm over here.

Sharpe40475 #6 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22582 battles
  • [6_CAV]

View PostJrk9259, on 17 July 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

I carry no equipment and never use camo or premium ammo.  If they fix equipment/spare parts I might consider using it again.

Well you're just no use at all.

Bronyman50 #7 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 21509 battles
  • [FLEET]
Rammer and verts are basically the only required things everything else is your choice 

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

Jrk9259 #8 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30872 battles
  • [CH]

View PostSharpe40475, on 17 July 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

Well you're just no use at all.

That's what she said....

Sharpe40475 #9 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22582 battles
  • [6_CAV]

View PostJrk9259, on 17 July 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

That's what she said....

:medal:

RoadKutter #10 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 20263 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostJrk9259, on 17 July 2017 - 06:34 AM, said:

You do realize the game has changed? There is no fix coming other than hopefully a special drop ratio being buffed. 

If you give a man fire, he will be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

jkwon126 #11 Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17104 battles
  • [HUCK]

Pen, module protection, optics by default.

Shell speed/pen and/or Traverse on some.

Extra armor on heavies.

Vstab on my favorite tanks.

BorisBaddenov #12 Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 16966 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View Postjkwon126, on 17 July 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

Pen, module protection, optics by default.

Shell speed/pen and/or Traverse on some.

Extra armor on heavies.

Vstab on my favorite tanks.

This does not work as described.  If you have 100 mm of armor and mount Enhanced Armor - you would expect to have 105 mm of armor - but NOPE.  You still have 100 mm of armor - it is just 5% stronger that normal armor.  This means that the over-match math, that you might have been counting on - does not come into play.

I've gone to the HP boost - at least I know that works as described.

Peace-

Boris

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

WriterDude #13 Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 20369 battles
  • [III-Z]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 17 July 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

Enhanced Tracks -- Consumable Delivery System - Total waste of Sparse Parts in my opinion.  Total Waste.  Please stop spending them here 

Agreed, and I also carry two repair kits. Although over time, I'm going to have a bunch of Spare Parts that I can spend frivolously. Those last two are "eventual" slots for me.

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link: http://wotbstars.com/?usr=writerdude&geo=NA&game=WOTB&forceSave=on

Sharpe40475 #14 Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22582 battles
  • [6_CAV]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 17 July 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

This does not work as described.  If you have 100 mm of armor and mount Enhanced Armor - you would expect to have 105 mm of armor - but NOPE.  You still have 100 mm of armor - it is just 5% stronger that normal armor.  This means that the over-match math, that you might have been counting on - does not come into play.

Peace-

Boris

So, are you saying that it potentially works like it gives you a 5% increase chance of bouncing a shot that would otherwise pen? 

BorisBaddenov #15 Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 16966 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View PostSharpe40475, on 17 July 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

So, are you saying that it potentially works like it gives you a 5% increase chance of bouncing a shot that would otherwise pen? 

Not on purpose I'm not :)

Apparently there is a variable that WG can adjust that makes some armor "better/harder/stronger" than other armor.  From what I understand this variable has not really been used, as it has always been set to the same value across the board.

I think of it like this.    

The metal that makes up my armor has a strength of 100%.  (Whatever that means).   This new equipment thing, now means that the metal is now 105% "strong".   (Whatever that means)

I don't see differences in the red-hit skins when testing this in training rooms (Maybe I'm doing it wrong).   

This was a lazy way for WG to implement this feature - there was no coding involved - they changed a variable.  This let them avoid complicated coding like the hit-skin adjustment I mentioned here, as well as the over-match math.  

I just don't have confidence it works - where as I can see the additional hit points on my tank.

Peace-

Boris

_blimster_ #16 Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21907 battles
  • [VSOP]
Listen to tank boom latest episode with some guy from pitt.they go through new equipment

jkwon126 #17 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17104 battles
  • [HUCK]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 17 July 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

Peace-

Boris

So what does this mean for HE damage calculations? I am so confused lol.

More adjustments with fewer variables is superior to less adjustments with more variables. Modern version of Ockham's razor. Why in seven hells does even this have to be made more complicated WG???

Sharpe40475 #18 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22582 battles
  • [6_CAV]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 17 July 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

Apparently there is a variable that WG can adjust that makes some armor "better/harder/stronger" than other armor.  From what I understand this variable has not really been used, as it has always been set to the same value across the board.

I think of it like this.    

The metal that makes up my armor has a strength of 100%.  (Whatever that means).   This new equipment thing, now means that the metal is now 105% "strong".   (Whatever that means)

I don't see differences in the red-hit skins when testing this in training rooms (Maybe I'm doing it wrong).   

This was a lazy way for WG to implement this feature - there was no coding involved - they changed a variable.  This let them avoid complicated coding like the hit-skin adjustment I mentioned here, as well as the over-match math.  

I just don't have confidence it works - where as I can see the additional hit points on my tank.

Peace-

Boris

:amazed:

9_V0LT #19 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1234 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 17 July 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

I think of it like this.    

Peace-

Boris

So....you're saying the dial goes to 11.

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

BorisBaddenov #20 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 16966 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View Post9_V0LT, on 17 July 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

So....you're saying the dial goes to 11.

Cuz that's louder.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users