IQ of Player Base

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Duke_87 #1 Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23290 battles
  • [MOMS]

I tend to give most people the benefit of the doubt that they are at least intelligent enough to function on a day to day basis. An example would be being able to count up to small numbers and figure out which of two numbers is greater (e.g. 3 > 2).

But then, as an example, pointing out to people that advancing with 2 mediums against what is clearly 3 mediums (or more) on red in the pre-game summary seems to fall on deaf ears 99% of the time, and is usually met with profanity in response.

Just how stupid are people?  I am not telling anyone anything they haven't seen over and over in game themselves, but it just boggles the mind.

Loving my wonderful, awesome, spectacular, OP, and freeeeeeee M60! But gawd the credit earnings suck! Really WG?

BakalovBoy #2 Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10395 battles
  • [IR0]
Welcome to the world of 40%ers with no desire to learn.

Tomio_Hara #3 Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

Monteagle madness

• Players
  • 18012 battles
  • [XWING]
Choose a number 1-10. That is the average IQ of a player here.

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!

_CH3F #4 Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37161 battles
  • [O-VII]
It's hard to read the chat when their head is so far up thier rear. 

MarBearCat #5 Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 19356 battles
  • [SDWA]

View PostBakalovBoy, on 17 July 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

Welcome to the world of 40%ers with no desire to learn.

Seen it today, no Tanking IQ points at all. Take a Tog and drive straight to cap circle and sit, at Mines.

Compound it by this guy being fail-tooned with a Pz IV

OMG :facepalm:

4sfield #6 Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 22733 battles
  • [SW4RM]

View PostMarBearCat, on 17 July 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Seen it today, no Tanking IQ points at all. Take a Tog and drive straight to cap circle and sit, at Mines.

Compound it by this guy being fail-tooned with a Pz IV

OMG :facepalm:

I saw a fail tooning tier VII while running tier VIII yesterday. It doesn't make any difference to them because they still lose at the same pace. I also don't get why guys that lose ore than they win want to play higher tiers. It's all ignorance and they don't take the game seriously at all. They don't play for stats and they don't care if anyone else does. It's just a game to them, something to waste their time on. We're complaining about something we can't fix. It sucks but that's what we've got, you can't make a guy care anymore than you can make him play at a tier where he's competitive and we're all suffering for it.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

CrimsonJaeger #7 Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5257 battles
The constant ability of my teammates to fail at basic math <bangs head>... Cries of TOWN TOWN TOWN on Desert Sands when there are 4 heavies on the other team and only 1 on ours. (not that I EVER advise town on Desert Sands). Simple math. You know where the heavies are likely to go, especially when there are 4 or more. Count, stupid.

Edited by CrimsonJaeger, 17 July 2017 - 05:15 PM.

'That dude(ette) spamming the SOS button at the beginning on a match? Let them go, that's their lemming call to arms and it's the fastest ticket back to the garage. "  Goat_Rodeo

Mignon_Lapin #8 Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2429 battles
  • [WEAK]
@tankesheji

MarBearCat #9 Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:51 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 19356 battles
  • [SDWA]
I hate Port Bay most because that map is abused most by the IQ - brain dead 30 & 40%ers:facepalm:

jkwon126 #10 Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17148 battles
  • [HUCK]

How to play WOTB like a dork:

1. Sit at spawn and spin turret at least twice

2. Wait to see where half the team is going

3. Head the other way, possibly with a tag-along you manage to convince on team chat

4. Spam help button

5. Die

6. Blame teammates.

Done like dinner.

Forward_To_Death #11 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5148 battles
  • [MOMB]
They're just playing for fun, Duke, don't you find obliteration to be fun?

WriterDude #12 Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:42 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 20369 battles
  • [III-Z]

View Postjkwon126, on 17 July 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Done like dinner.

I am utterly mystified by the people who are overly passive, hang back and watch their team die in front of them, then finally roll into battle and start spamming "SOS." Like dude, who do you think is going to come to help, now that you've let your team die without support? Mr. Wizard?

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link: http://wotbstars.com/?usr=writerdude&geo=NA&game=WOTB&forceSave=on

jkwon126 #13 Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17148 battles
  • [HUCK]

View PostWriterDude, on 17 July 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

I am utterly mystified by the people who are overly passive, hang back and watch their team die in front of them, then finally roll into battle and start spamming "SOS." Like dude, who do you think is going to come to help, now that you've let your team die without support? Mr. Wizard?

They are praying to Jebus. I've heard one guy literally type out "Jesus take the wheel".

Edited by jkwon126, 17 July 2017 - 07:52 PM.

WriterDude #14 Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:51 PM

• Players
  • 20369 battles
  • [III-Z]

View PostCrimsonJaeger, on 17 July 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

The constant ability of my teammates to fail at basic math <bangs head>... Cries of TOWN TOWN TOWN on Desert Sands when there are 4 heavies on the other team and only 1 on ours. (not that I EVER advise town on Desert Sands). Simple math. You know where the heavies are likely to go, especially when there are 4 or more. Count, stupid.

I wonder too. It's like players can't correlate vehicle composition and map strategy. "The solution is always to flank, or always to snipe, or always to lumber out somewhere and get COD'd by fast tanks."

I'd say about 99.9875% of the time, maybe more, maps work predictably. On Desert Sands, fast tanks meet up right around the crashed airplane. Heavies meet up in the Supremacy C area behind cap. If one team goes desert and the other goes SupC, you get more variety - sometimes you'll wind up with a cap area battle, or a battle along the rails, or a battle in the spawn areas. If both teams go desert, you get a decisive brawl in the dunes around the plane. If your team splits and the other team doesn't, you're in for a lot of chase driving followed by a bum rush.

So I can see why someone would go town on DS, but IMO that's more about gunshy pub players than anything. 

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link: http://wotbstars.com/?usr=writerdude&geo=NA&game=WOTB&forceSave=on

WriterDude #15 Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:52 PM

• Players
  • 20369 battles
  • [III-Z]

View Postjkwon126, on 17 July 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

They are praying to Jebus.

You're paying for this keyboard... LOL

Duke_87 #16 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23290 battles
  • [MOMS]

The inability (unwillingness?) to realize, after literally THOUSANDS of games, that heavies line up versus heavies, mediums versus mediums, and then to just not do the basic counting to determine whether driving straight ahead is a good idea...

And then to get mad at you when you try to point it out, utterly refusing to admit you might have a point...

:facepalm:

There really are a lot of mouth breathers in the world.

Loving my wonderful, awesome, spectacular, OP, and freeeeeeee M60! But gawd the credit earnings suck! Really WG?

CrimsonJaeger #17 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5257 battles

View Postjkwon126, on 17 July 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

How to play WOTB like a dork:

1. Sit at spawn and spin turret at least twice

2. Wait to see where half the team is going

3. Head the other way, possibly with a tag-along you manage to convince on team chat

4. Spam help button

5. Die

6. Blame teammates.

Done like dinner.

7. Fire your gun 4 or 5 times before getting 50m from spawn.

View PostWriterDude, on 17 July 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

I wonder too. It's like players can't correlate vehicle composition and map strategy. "The solution is always to flank, or always to snipe, or always to lumber out somewhere and get COD'd by fast tanks."

I'd say about 99.9875% of the time, maybe more, maps work predictably. On Desert Sands, fast tanks meet up right around the crashed airplane. Heavies meet up in the Supremacy C area behind cap. If one team goes desert and the other goes SupC, you get more variety - sometimes you'll wind up with a cap area battle, or a battle along the rails, or a battle in the spawn areas. If both teams go desert, you get a decisive brawl in the dunes around the plane. If your team splits and the other team doesn't, you're in for a lot of chase driving followed by a bum rush.

So I can see why someone would go town on DS, but IMO that's more about gunshy pub players than anything. 

Doh. It isn't desert sands. It's Oasis Palms I'm thinking of.

Unfortunately, I participate in nothing but pub matches. I wish someone would help me rectify that. It would be so nice to know that the other people are doing what they're supposed to without me furiously giving instructions every minute.

'That dude(ette) spamming the SOS button at the beginning on a match? Let them go, that's their lemming call to arms and it's the fastest ticket back to the garage. "  Goat_Rodeo

mriversinco #18 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27042 battles
  • [III-P]

To the OP, there's a saying in my circle of friends and it goes like this:

This of how dumb the average person is......   

Now, half the people are dumber (by simple math).

Edited by mriversinco, 17 July 2017 - 09:00 PM.

4sfield #19 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 22733 battles
  • [SW4RM]

View PostWriterDude, on 17 July 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

I know an old fella who trains beagles. Every once in a while, he gets one that's gun shy. If he can't work it out of them, they somehow always end up getting hit by a car at some point when he takes them out. I have my suspicions what really happens to them, they get executed. I can't prove that but it makes more sense than the stories he tells about all of those dogs that get hit by cars. After the 2nd story, it kind of throws up a red flag. Now when I ask,"What happened to Elvis or Thunder?" He just looks at me.

We need to get him to train the nubs.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

SilverLion468 #20 Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4499 battles

View PostWriterDude, on 17 July 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

Or the guy who camps until most of the team is dead but some of the reds have taken heavy damage.  They roll in, kill a couple of reds for 10 HPs each, and think it's an achievement.  It's crazy how they can be inactive for the lion's share of the game, and then end up with a couple of kills they didn't really earn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users