General Discussion British Tanks Tank Destroyers How-To

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Triode757 #1 Posted 22 July 2017 - 02:31 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14762 battles
  • [XWING]

The AT 2 is a Tier V British tank destroyer which has 203mm of frontal armor, and 101mm of side and rear armor, which makes it invulnerable to both noobs and A-20's.  It has a 57mm gun and a joke 3.7in/ 94mm gun (which you should never use.)

When playing it, I recommend that you be extremely aggressive with it.  You have a mile of frontal armor for a reason.  The top gun doesn't have a great deal of alpha, so you need to put yourself in a position to shoot red tanks as often as possible.  If you can, perma-track them for your allies to finish off. Speaking of allies, always be sure to have some covering your @$$ at all times, as it is your main weak spot.  In return for them keeping your rear end safe, you should be trying to take hits so that your lights/meds/heavies/other TD's don't have to.  In addition to perma-tracking stuff, this is one of the best things you can do to help your team when driving this tank.  Just remember  that you do have frontal weaknesses.  The commander's hatch and tracks (at the correct angles) can both be penetrated by anything with a decent gun (including other AT's.)  However, these are both small areas to hit, so if you wiggle and jiggle, they are mitigated considerably.

In conclusion, this is a tank you should be trying to get Steel Wall medals in.  You're not completely invincible, but this is about as close as it gets.  Play like it.

Also see Bushka's excellent video on this stronk tenk.

BAR_001 #2 Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24601 battles
  • [HAHA]
Got it, tried it, hate it. Me and TD's dont get along well. I think I'd rather drive a Churchill. :P

Triode757 #3 Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14762 battles
  • [XWING]

View PostBAR_001, on 22 July 2017 - 03:14 AM, said:

Got it, tried it, hate it. Me and TD's dont get along well. I think I'd rather drive a Churchill. :P

A Churchill?

Ouch.  :ohmy:

Never heard anything good about that tank (beside the usual 'it has a good gun' sop excuse for a highly disliked British tank.)

BAR_001 #4 Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24601 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostTriode757, on 22 July 2017 - 03:21 AM, said:

A Churchill?

Ouch.  :ohmy:

Never heard anything good about that tank (beside the usual 'it has a good gun' sop excuse for a highly disliked British tank.)

I wasnt suggesting that I like it, Lol.

wwing #5 Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:13 AM

Either We Win Or They Do

• Players
  • 39056 battles

I like it a lot.  The Churchill that is.

MarBearCat #6 Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22329 battles
  • [SDWA]
Seems whenever an AT 2 is on my side, it's being operated by a clutz who doesn't know how to use it. :facepalm:

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

EolSunder1 #7 Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14675 battles
  • [SWUS]

that's because most tier 5 players are still noobs and don't know how to use the at2.

The AT2 is only a front tank if it has backup. Sadly most players are noobs and don't know how to back up other players, you think some tier 5 guy with 150 battles, 39% win rate and 50% hit is going to keep your at2 from being rear ended? no. The At2 is a big up front target ONLY if you have support tanks to keep others from flanking you. If you are alone, you are dead against any actual good player. They can just circle you, shoot your treads until  you can't move at all or turn period, then you die. If no one is there to kill those behind you.

​So, AT-2 is great up front only if you have tanks supporting. If not, you need to use it as a sniper and try to stay away from the enemy so they cannot close and circle you. The gun is accurate, high pen, can damage pretty much anything you face, while your armor at the front will protect you. At a distance, you can wear down tanks easy, and they have a hard time hitting your vulnerable spots from the front. Up close, they can easily hit your weak spots if they know what they are doing. But once you are isolated, you are pretty much toast, just like an AT tank. They are great in a team taking the heat, but they are dead paperweights if isolated and alone.  When fighting them all you have to do is pull up beside them to keep them from turning and you an blast their copula on top for an easy kill.

I don't fear AT-2s or any other AT tank. Unlike most TDS, they don't have a derp gun, so while you are advancing to circle them, you won't be blasted out of the earth by regular TD guns. They will ping you while advancing, and you can then circle them easy. I remember going head to head at-2 vs at-2. I know what I'm doing, they do not. While they were shooting me doing nothing, I just sat there shooting their weak copula hatch and eventually boom. I'm sure they were going "why is he hurting me and I can't hurt him". Like any tank, anyone who knows what the are doing makes them dangerous, and noobs make them laughable.

An At-2 doesn't have to be up front. In fact they are more vulnerable up front against vet players who can target their weak spots easy. Their guns make them very nice accurate snipers, so as long as your staying with your team, you can be up front, or snipe all you want, you'll work great in both areas. If your a tier 5 on a tier 6 fight, while your armor is still good, you can die much quicker so let the tier 6s stay up front and stick to your sniper role until teams start to wear down. Concentrate on the tanks that can damage you easily (kv2s, etc) and hopefully you'll survive the tier 6 fights long enough to go up against some leftovers. Just make sure you back into a corner or reduce your vulnerability.

BAR_001 #8 Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24601 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostMarBearCat, on 22 July 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

Seems whenever an AT 2 is on my side, it's being operated by a clutz who doesn't know how to use it. :facepalm:

Sorry about that Cat. I parked it, you're good to go now. :D

Gavidoc01 #9 Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:23 AM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 39023 battles
  • [III]

View PostEolSunder1, on 22 July 2017 - 05:46 AM, said:

I don't fear AT-2s or any other AT tank. Unlike most TDS, they don't have a derp gun, so while you are advancing to circle them, you won't be blasted out of the earth by regular TD guns. They will ping you while advancing, and you can then circle them easy. I remember going head to head at-2 vs at-2. I know what I'm doing, they do not. While they were shooting me doing nothing, I just sat there shooting their weak copula hatch and eventually boom. I'm sure they were going "why is he hurting me and I can't hurt him". Like any tank, anyone who knows what the are doing makes them dangerous, and noobs make them laughable.

I don't fear them either as most dont know how to drive them.  However, you'd fear me in it. :P

And to the OP:  not a bad review though watch being up close and personal all the time. You have a pop gun but it's a fast firing pop gun. Use that.  Stupid to go toe to toe with a tier vi. Bully tier iv and v's but hang back as eolsunder1 says in a tier vi fight. 

Edited by Gavidoc01, 23 July 2017 - 01:24 AM.

My Blitzstars

My WOTBStars

I'm a Wallet Warrior. Deal with it.

Meatshield_Six #10 Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 815 battles
  • [TMP]
Work the edges where you can't be COD'd and move in for the end game is Bushka's best advice

DerpytrollerZ #11 Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8828 battles
Be like Blue_Rock and kemp korner liek pro

F*** WG am i right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users