How did you get your name?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

SpartacusDiablo #41 Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 30020 battles
  • [III-R]
My wife thought of it for Xbox live. She's also thought of my daughter's and my son's gamertag. She's creative like that.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

Unique_ #42 Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

still not enough battles for a custom forum title

• Players
  • 17429 battles
  • [PRAMO]

WarGaming let me change the name of my account for free 1 time only so I deleted Player_41515361206531685310236510

3250166 and typed some letters and a number... I plan on changing it soon but idk to what lol

((Clever Signature))

Ericmopar #43 Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3271 battles
My mother wanted me to be called Eric, but my Indian father took me outside, and the first thing he saw was a Dodge, the rest is history.

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

little_brother_of_war #44 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:00 AM

ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

• Players
  • 15851 battles
  • [FROST]

Long ago many of the native tribes of North America were engaged in ongoing territorial conflicts, skirmishes and hunting land disputes that over time began to cause perpetual instability. It caused necessary numbers within certain groups to dwindle. Too many raiding parties meant not enough time devoted to the necessities of seasonal preparation for winter food cache's, time to repair basic utensils, and family life.

The various tribes involved decided to parlay and came to realization it would be much more beneficial to find a more peaceful means settling disputes. So after conferring with elders, peace Chiefs, war Chiefs, warrior societies, and mother societies all of the various tribal groups and their respective bands, clans and representatives decided to employ a long held popular and traditional game they all enjoyed, as a means of settling old scores, lingering animosities and territorial disputes. 

This game is similar to the modern day game of lacrosse and other similar games Native Americans still participate in today, some times as purely a competitive sport but also on a more ceremonial level as rite of passage for our young bretheran, sisters, men and women. It's actually gained greater popularity in recent years and we call it Stickball in my culture.

It was a brutal game back then, joined in by up to hundred players on each team at times, overseen by our medicine people and a variety of revered conjurers. It often resulted in severe and permanent injury of many persons and at times even death. But even so, it was an agreed upon alternative to the ongoing and endless conflict of bloodshed which resulted from continually choosing the Path of War.

I chose this name as humble way show homage to my heritage.

In the old days, when they used the game primarily for the reasons I've mentioned above, they referred to it as...

...the Little Brother of War.

(sorry this was so long...)

Edited by little_brother_of_war, 24 July 2017 - 02:05 AM.

Old cowboy saying #1...

”Welp...it’s a mean ol’ world.”

Old cowboy saying #2...

”If it bothers you so much, why talk about it?”

>>>============> anet’sodi’ <============<<<

DerpytrollerZ #45 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9704 battles
  • [RERE]

View Postlittle_brother_of_war, on 24 July 2017 - 02:00 AM, said:

Long ago many of the native tribes of North America were engaged in ongoing territorial conflicts, skirmishes and hunting land disputes that over time began to cause perpetual instability. It caused necessary numbers within certain groups to dwindle. Too many raiding parties meant not enough time devoted to the necessities of seasonal preparation for winter food cache's, time to repair basic utensils, and family life.

The various tribes involved decided to parlay and came to realization it would be much more beneficial to find a more peaceful means settling disputes. So after conferring with elders, peace Chiefs, war Chiefs, warrior societies, and mother societies all of the various tribal groups and their respective bands, clans and representatives decided to employ a long held popular and traditional game they all enjoyed, as a means of settling old scores, lingering animosities and territorial disputes. 

This game is similar to the modern day game of lacrosse and other similar games Native Americans still participate in today, some times as purely a competitive sport but also on a more ceremonial level as rite of passage for our young bretheran, sisters, men and women. It's actually gained greater popularity in recent years and we call it Stickball in my culture.

It was a brutal game back then, joined in by up to hundred players on each team at times, overseen by our medicine people and a variety of revered conjurers. It often resulted in severe and permanent injury of many persons and at times even death. But even so, it was an agreed upon alternative to the ongoing and endless conflict of bloodshed which resulted from continually choosing the Path of War.

I chose this name as humble way show homage to my heritage.

In the old days, when they used the game primarily for the reasons I've mentioned above, they referred to it as...

...the Little Brother of War.

(sorry this was so long...)

We don't care if its long. The longer the better IMO. We're curious to how people got their names, the more explanation the more interesting it is.

F*** WG am i right?

little_brother_of_war #46 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:17 AM

ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

• Players
  • 15851 battles
  • [FROST]

View PostDerpytrollerZ, on 23 July 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

We don't care if its long. The longer the better IMO. We're curious to how people got their names, the more explanation the more interesting it is.

thanks!

Old cowboy saying #1...

”Welp...it’s a mean ol’ world.”

Old cowboy saying #2...

”If it bothers you so much, why talk about it?”

>>>============> anet’sodi’ <============<<<

Odin009 #47 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11721 battles
  • [PRFCT]

We all know Odin has received significant air time with the Thor movies.  For me I begun watching him as a kid on the animated series Gargoyles.  He played a small part but the name resonated.  

It wasn't until 1997 when Final Fantasy 7 came out that this become my gamer name.  For those that remember, Odin could be summoned on his horse to destroy your foes.

The 09 part is naturally my favourite number so thus Odin09 was born.  Unfortunately I can't always get the gamer name cause someone else may take it.  But the name has served me across PC, Xbox and PlayStation generations!!!

BuckNoid #48 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:26 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11742 battles
  • [_WVU_]
Mine is something my uncle called me sometimes when I was a kid. It came to mind when I was trying to make a name for this game and I didn't want to use some variation of the same old thing I have used for xbox and everything else.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" - Oddball

I

Some people are like clouds, your day gets brighter when they disappear.

BuckNoid #49 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:27 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11742 battles
  • [_WVU_]

View PostEricmopar, on 23 July 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

My mother wanted me to be called Eric, but my Indian father took me outside, and the first thing he saw was a Dodge, the rest is history.

Your name could have been Hemi Cuda. Such a missed opportunity.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" - Oddball

I

Some people are like clouds, your day gets brighter when they disappear.

Psyberius #50 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:44 AM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles

My name comes from a combination of influences and just made up stuff.

Ever fascinated by the unexplained, paranormal abilities and a sci-fi; "Psyonic" was what I would use in most online MMORPG's and such in the last. As a player of casters/magic users/psychic type character classes, this worked. If I rolled an alt, (usually a more physical type class) "Cyberius" would be used. "Psyonic" was just kind of made up. "Cyberius" came from "Psyonic" and Capt. James Tyberius Kirk's (of Star Trek fame) middle name. Thus the mashup name, "Psyberius" came to be. It may not be fitting as a cool tank name. But it's what I use for any online games I play. So if you see a "Psyberius" out there, it's a 99.99% chance that it's me, the one and only. 

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Forgotten_Fox #51 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:48 AM

Zootopia's Slyest Fox

• Players
  • 34015 battles
  • [PURPL]

"I was small and emotionally unbalanced like you once."

"I learned two things that day. One,

I was never gonna let anyone see that they got to me. And If the world’s only gonna see a fox

as shifty and untrustworthy, there’s no point in trying to be anything else."

"Being only one drop in an ocean of people, You will be forgotten. But live a life you will remember, and you will live on amung your friends." 

-Forgotten_Fox

Premium Collection Almost Complete: Missing Chieftain and Type 64.

Some call me a Wallet Warrior, Some call me a Hacker... In reality, I'm simply a Fox.

"Never let 'em see that they get to you."

yossarian14 #52 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:55 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31619 battles
  • [MAD]
Yossarian comes from Catch-22. I read it in high school and a teacher started calling me Yossarian and it stuck. Teacher said I thought the same way as said character. The 14 was added when I started playing online. Originally 1144 to ensure availability. Later shortened to 14.

_Kase #53 Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:04 AM

Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

• Players
  • 39096 battles
  • [ACHOO]
Was downloading world of tank PC in 2012 debating with my dad over the name we should have, I said "the weapon of mass destruction" but he said it would be too long so he shortened  it to WMD but forgot to cap the D and added 76 as it's the year he was born, name stuck and even with the lower case d, it just seems like a unique name that has stuck, there isn't very many WMDs either :P

3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)

Modern_Neanderthal #54 Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:17 AM

Sedentary Nomad

• Players
  • 50949 battles
  • [BOWL]
I have Neanderthal DNA, I am alive today

Beeftaco1114 #55 Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:22 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23963 battles
  • [DEF]
so me and my friends always went out rain or shine pitch black or blinding light to this little taco shop near my house every Tuesday (taco Tuesday) when i started to grow older i got my first job there i was desperate i started to really like my job and was nicknamed beef taco so i used it in blitz Ive always love my username and will probably never change it/=\

BEEFBLITZ

MY STATS:https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Beeftaco1114

Favorite Tanks: Chieftain Mk6 T110e5 Centurion 7/1 T-30 M103

Wz-120-Fg-Ft IS-3 Defender T-49 T-34-3 T-34-1 T-34-85 Rudy 

Beeftaco1114 #56 Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:26 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23963 battles
  • [DEF]
so me and my friends always went out rain or shine pitch black or blinding light to this little taco shop near my house every Tuesday (taco Tuesday) when i started to grow older i got my first job there i was desperate i started to really like my job and was nicknamed beef taco so i used it in blitz Ive always love my username and will probably never change it/=\

BEEFBLITZ

MY STATS:https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Beeftaco1114

Favorite Tanks: Chieftain Mk6 T110e5 Centurion 7/1 T-30 M103

Wz-120-Fg-Ft IS-3 Defender T-49 T-34-3 T-34-1 T-34-85 Rudy 

ShootinSabot #57 Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:38 AM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 22732 battles
  • [SPUD]
A sabot is a shoe in french but also the name of the modern armour piercing round. There is a case around a small dart that allows it to be fired from the larger diameter of the gun. The case /shoe/sabot falls off or peels away after the round leaves the barrel and the small dart or penetrator continues on to the target. It's a tank game so I'm always shootin sabot rounds.

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

SilverLion468 #58 Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:22 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7028 battles

View PostSilver_Lions, on 24 July 2017 - 01:38 AM, said:

Well, that makes two of us here in WOTB.  I served with the 6/68th Armored Regt. 157 Inf. Brigade starting in 1981. Silver Lions was indeed our nickname, and it was my favorite unit. I eventually transferred to the 1/8 Cav. in the 1st Cavalry Div.  I was sad to learn as Silver said that all of the 68th was dissolved, and eventually re-formed I Ft. Carson as part of the 4th Inf. Div.

SL468, you would be interested in knowing that I did field maneuvers with the 4/68th, when they were the "Airborne Tankers" as part of the 82nd Airborne.   Tankers with red berets seemed wrong, especially when we still had the ( the original and way before the Rangers wore 'em), black berets which we wore in garrison.  The black beret eventually bit the dust &  went the way of the issued khaki's.......

The 3-10 Cav was disbanded and became the 4/68, which was assigned to the 2nd INF BDE, 4ID, Fort Carson along with 2-8 INF and 1-77 AR.  We moved up from 1CAV at Fort Hood when we reconstituted.  We trained on the -A3, and then drew -A1s in the line units.  Seriously?  While we were training at Knox (D-3-1), the Marines were training on the Abrams.

Having been a tanker, I have to smirk at some of the stuff in the game.  Driver gets killed?  Push a button.  Track shot off?  Wait a few seconds.  Jump your tank off a cliff, and MAYBE you throw a track.  Riiiiight.

Everything working?  It's a tank.

Throw a track?  It's a pillbox.

Lose the gun?  It's a coffin.

The game is still fun, though, as long as you don't run into the wrong guys in the game or on the forums.

V1n2002 #59 Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6054 battles
  • [COD-R]
Name is Vincent, born in 02. :D

(COD-R) 54.54% Winrate. Low tiers are trash, game is ruined. FML. 

7_3_PowerStroke #60 Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7839 battles
  • [MAHOU]
Maho Nishizumi is the overall commander of Kuromorimine Girls High School and commanders a Tiger 1 # 212 personally. She's also my waifu...:hiding:

Stats

I write fanfiction and watch anime. Deal with it.

formerly _Maho_Nishizumi_212

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users