Shoot More Shots

Shooting Your Tank At Red Tanks Also DPM And General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Ir0n_Eagle #1 Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1489 battles

So, this is pretty much what the title says.  Whenever you have a shot at a tank, take it!  If you can pen, don't wait for a perfect 90 degree sideways shot into the ammorack.  You probably won't get it.  If a you can see the top hatch on a hull-down T29, try the shot.  You may miss or bounce a lot, but the one shot out of twenty that goes through will pay for the other nineteen that don't.  (As long as you aren't using APCR)

In other words, take 50/50 shots, and take them often.

(Disclaimer: If you're driving something that doesn't have much ammo capacity, a long reload, or KV-2 like gun handling, it might be worth waiting for a better shot, if not necessarily a perfect one.)

Unique_ #2 Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

still not enough battles for a custom forum title

• Players
  • 17192 battles
  • [PRAMO]
This is self explanatory, but I understand that the majority of the playerbase doesn't have the mental capacity to understand it without someone, you in this case, spoon feeding them the info. +1 for a post that will help the people willing to listen. 

((Clever Signature))

CrazyHunter13 #3 Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7214 battles

View PostPOL4R, on 28 July 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

This is self explanatory, but I understand that the majority of the playerbase doesn't have the mental capacity to understand it without someone, you in this case, spoon feeding them the info. +1 for a post that will help the people willing to listen. 

but first we need to get them to learn how to drive more than 10 meters and not camp behind a rock or building. Next, learn not to aim and shoot at the red areas in sniper view, then teach them not to drive in sniper view the entire game. If we have time, get them to learn their tanks instead of jumping straight to tier 8 and up

richdubz #4 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18269 battles
  • [AJAX]
I completely agree about taking lots of shots.  When you watch the vids, the good players don't spend a lot of time thinking about their shots.  They see the opportunity,  and they fire. My hit rate is already pretty lousy, but that's mostly due to me being impatient with the too slowly shrinking sight reticle, firing poorly aimed shots off into the atmosphere while brawling, and probably because I'm not using auto-aim at all.

4sfield #5 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:15 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View Postrichdubz, on 28 July 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

I completely agree about taking lots of shots.  When you watch the vids, the good players don't spend a lot of time thinking about their shots.  They see the opportunity,  and they fire. My hit rate is already pretty lousy, but that's mostly due to me being impatient with the too slowly shrinking sight reticle, firing poorly aimed shots off into the atmosphere while brawling, and probably because I'm not using auto-aim at all.

Autoaim is great, I see guys lose brawls a lot because they have it turned off. I use the select button when I play. Even when I'm in autoaim I still manually aim each shot. Autoaim helps locks and tracks, after that you just pick your spot and squeeze. There are times when I turn it off but I run with it on way more than with it off.

I see lots of guys take enough shots and miss more than half. They need to learn how to aim too. Waiting on the reticle bloom to shrink helps your accuracy, they need to do that as well. Another thing, if you can't pen, you can track a tank and stop him so someone else can. Just because you've got a bad angle for pen doesn't mean you can't shoot and be helpful.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

CrazyHunter13 #6 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7214 battles

View Post4sfield, on 28 July 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

Autoaim is great, I see guys lose brawls a lot because they have it turned off. I use the select button when I play. Even when I'm in autoaim I still manually aim each shot. Autoaim helps locks and tracks, after that you just pick your spot and squeeze. There are times when I turn it off but I run with it on way more than with it off.

I see lots of guys take enough shots and miss more than half. They need to learn how to aim too. Waiting on the reticle bloom to shrink helps your accuracy, they need to do that as well. Another thing, if you can't pen, you can track a tank and stop him so someone else can. Just because you've got a bad angle for pen doesn't mean you can't shoot and be helpful.

I only turn AA off when at range, sniping and when a red is about to drive pass what I was aiming at. Hate it because then the AA would snap to the passing red and throw my aim completely off

4sfield #7 Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:16 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View PostCrazyHunter13, on 28 July 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

I only turn AA off when at range, sniping and when a red is about to drive pass what I was aiming at. Hate it because then the AA would snap to the passing red and throw my aim completely off

I play mainly mediums and lights. I use AA all the time. I rarely have trouble with it because I know when to toggle it off. It'll also give you trouble when you are sighting at tanks that are rocking in and out from the same position. Hence the on/off switch. Also like you said, if you're at range and you're trying for a pinpoint shot, sometimes all it takes is for some other red to drive past him and it'll lock onto that tank.  

Once you learn when to toggle it on and off it's gets comfortable. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages, especially for guys that typically don't shoot well. New guys should be using it from the start. I've been doing it for so long now it's become 2nd nature for me. 

Sniper mode is useful when CODing as well. It'll help you pinpoint shotS. I zoom back out while I reload to keep from driving into anything and watch for any tanks that me be coming to help the guy I'm killing. Then zoom back in when I'm  nearready to shoot, always picking a weak spot. Same goes for brawling, sniper mode in and out unless I'm already lined up on a spot where I' know I'll get a pen. In those situations, I'll shoot for modules, (ammo racks, fuel tanks, engines) anything that gives me even more of a speed/mobility advantage. 

I always shoot for modules if the target gives me the opportunity. Which reminds me, I need to go back and study some more. Knowing module locations of your opponents increases your chances of scoring a devastating hit. Gunner, commander, all of that helps. It isn't just about aiming and penning.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

SilverLion468 #8 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:03 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7028 battles

View PostPOL4R, on 28 July 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

Wow --- condescending much?  I wish I'd come into the game already knowing everything, like you apparently did.

CrazyHunter13 #9 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7214 battles

View PostSilverLion468, on 28 July 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

Wow --- condescending much?  I wish I'd come into the game already knowing everything, like you apparently did.

he's talking about the stuff you were suppose to know from doing the tutorial which starts automatically when you created your account. many show that either they just skipped the tutorial by exiting to the garage or they just absent minded rushed it. 

SilverLion468 #10 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:55 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7028 battles

View PostCrazyHunter13, on 29 July 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

he's talking about the stuff you were suppose to know from doing the tutorial which starts automatically when you created your account. many show that either they just skipped the tutorial by exiting to the garage or they just absent minded rushed it.

With all due respect, I disagree.  You're talking about people not taking the tutorial seriously, which I'm sure happens frequently.  I don't recall the tutorial specifically coaching people to take lots of shots, though maybe it did and I didn't take it seriously... 
He's calling people who don't meet his expectations stupid.  There's a difference.  Someone who lacks the "mental capacity to understand it" wouldn't have gotten it from the tutorial anyway, so I don't see how your argument supports his position.

Edited by SilverLion468, 29 July 2017 - 12:57 AM.

Bob3468 #11 Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8271 battles

View PostIr0n_Eagle, on 28 July 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

So, this is pretty much what the title says.  Whenever you have a shot at a tank, take it!  If you can pen, don't wait for a perfect 90 degree sideways shot into the ammorack.  You probably won't get it.  If a you can see the top hatch on a hull-down T29, try the shot.  You may miss or bounce a lot, but the one shot out of twenty that goes through will pay for the other nineteen that don't.  (As long as you aren't using APCR)

In other words, take 50/50 shots, and take them often.

(Disclaimer: If you're driving something that doesn't have much ammo capacity, a long reload, or KV-2 like gun handling, it might be worth waiting for a better shot, if not necessarily a perfect one.)

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take 

I'm a TRPD member, I saved some seals once, and here are some Quotes of pure wisdom and knowledge:

"I've never seen a pidgeon die from eating off the ground, so what's the big whoop." 

-Peter Griffin 

"I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid"

-Terry Bradshaw

shooter018 #12 Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:43 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18954 battles

View PostPOL4R, on 28 July 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

most of them don't even come here

CrazyHunter13 #13 Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7214 battles

View PostSilverLion468, on 28 July 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

With all due respect, I disagree.  You're talking about people not taking the tutorial seriously, which I'm sure happens frequently.  I don't recall the tutorial specifically coaching people to take lots of shots, though maybe it did and I didn't take it seriously... 
He's calling people who don't meet his expectations stupid.  There's a difference.  Someone who lacks the "mental capacity to understand it" wouldn't have gotten it from the tutorial anyway, so I don't see how your argument supports his position.

borderline common sense: see a shot, take it

Edited by CrazyHunter13, 30 July 2017 - 08:22 AM.

Also tagged with Shooting, Your, Tank, At, Red, Tanks, Also, DPM, And, General Discussion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users