iPad game launch freeze

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

3kRingo #1 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:00 AM

Private

• Players
  • 109 battles

i just downloaded WoTBlitz again after more than two years of absence. I'm using a third gen iPad running iOS 9 or so. 

I get logged in and I see the garage and my old account info, remaining gold I had and my name and all, but then I get a pop up saying "Tanker! Do you want to be updated on your vehicles?" 

There is a button for Cancel and one for Accept, but neither does anything, it just freezes. Tried a fresh install and got the same result. 

Any  tips appreciated. 

Edited by 3kRingo, 01 August 2017 - 02:09 AM.

Player60 #2 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:22 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 860 battles
I have a third gen Ipad also,i run IOS 9.3.5.Try updating to the latest OS?I downloaded back the game recently and didnt have that problem.Maybe contact support?They usually respond in 1-4 hours.(for me)

3kRingo #3 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

Private

• Players
  • 109 battles
I'm on 9.3.5 as well. That's the last iOS you can get on the older iPad. I guess I'll try hitting up support. 

FluffyLittleUnicum #4 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14148 battles
  • [C-4]
3rd generation original line of iPads? I wouldn't suggest playing the game on those. Even on low graphics you would be suffering from low FPS and game crashes. 

3kRingo #5 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:49 AM

Private

• Players
  • 109 battles

It's a retina display and has pretty much the same processing power and graphics as newer iPads. It performs fine on all other games, even those with heavy demands on performance. But either way, even if it performed sluggishly, that would be fine. 

The device exceeds, and by quite a bit, the minimum requirements for the game to work. 

I messaged support so perhaps they can see the issue, but I'm guessing there's a massive amount of updating that needs to happen to get my account current, and a device or server involved is tossing it's cookies on that process. 

Player60 #6 Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:56 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 860 battles

View PostFluffyLittleUnicum, on 01 August 2017 - 02:42 AM, said:

3rd generation original line of iPads? I wouldn't suggest playing the game on those. Even on low graphics you would be suffering from low FPS and game crashes. 

Actually no,i get a steady fps on 40-50 with shadows and hd textures on.The only lag i get is when im in sniper mode in brush.I dont use it honestly,i hate sniper mode

3kRingo #7 Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

Private

• Players
  • 109 battles

So, to follow up, after more than two days of going back and forth, eleven messages and three support reps who thought perhaps I just didn't know how to use my iPad (in fairness they couldnt have known I am a software developer as well as a certified hardware tech) - it turns out this is a KNOWN issue and there are two work arounds for players who experience it. The devs are working on a REAL fix, but in the meantime, if someone cruises in here with this issue again, here are the two work arounds - 

Method 1 (If you have an alternative account):

1. Turn off Internet. See Airplane Mode.
  2. Launch World of Tanks Blitz and wait for login screen error: Disconnect from the server.
  3. Turn on Internet. Disable Airplane Mode.
  4. Login using another account, on the same device.
  5. The notification will appear again. Press Cancel or Affirmative.

Method 2 (If you do not have another account)

1. Log in your account using another platform: Android, Steam, Windows 10, macOS
  2. Check all the hints and tips been shown.
  3. Once all hints have been seen log in using the iOS device.
  4. This will disconnect you from the other platform and allow you to play on your iOS device.

I did not try method 1, but method 2 worked for me. 

Ringo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users