Let's get acquainted!

• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

obi__wan__shinobi #341 Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50594 battles

It's unfortunate that we have people that think you can't play a tank unless it has all the slots filled.

I recently got a 7 kill in a tank that has no equipment on it.  Not even the ones you can get for credits.

Is your need for a guaranteed advantage over the noobs really so great that you're afraid to play unless you know you have some kind of edge?

It's so ridiculous.

You can play tanks that aren't fully equipped.    

Do  your precious stats and winrates really mean that much to you?

SpartacusDiablo #342 Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10058 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postplayer39364645, on 08 August 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

It's unfortunate that we have people that think you can't play a tank unless it has all the slots filled.

I recently got a 7 kill in a tank that has no equipment on it.  Not even the ones you can get for credits.

Is your need for a guaranteed advantage over the noobs really so great that you're afraid to play unless you know you have some kind of edge?

It's so ridiculous.

It's unfortunate that Wargaming brought this upon themselves by forcing unwanted and almost universally poorly received changes onto their playerbase.

Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 08 August 2017 - 04:41 PM.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE WORLD FAMOUS SPUD CLAN

Sans Reproache

Support your neighborhood scout

​#FixTheFury 

RoadKutter #343 Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:37 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 23124 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postplayer39364645, on 08 August 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

It's so ridiculous.

My stats don't really matter to me, not like I'm gonna pay my mortgage with them.

I do play the at and the sta1 without equipment because I'm not wasting gold on timers.

So let me ask you this, did you play tanks without equipment before 3.8?  Also I'm not talking about filling all the slots, most tanks I stop at the gld.

Is it really ridiculous to try and be competitive and not a boat anchor for your team? 

If you give a man fire, he will be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

obi__wan__shinobi #344 Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50594 battles

View PostRoadKutter, on 08 August 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

My stats don't really matter to me, not like I'm gonna pay my mortgage with them.

I do play the at and the sta1 without equipment because I'm not wasting gold on timers.

So let me ask you this, did you play tanks without equipment before 3.8?  Also I'm not talking about filling all the slots, most tanks I stop at the gld.

Is it really ridiculous to try and be competitive and not a boat anchor for your team? 

The previous version of equipment had 3 slots.

This version has 9 slots.

The previous version it was dead easy to fill the 3 slots.

This version it takes me 17 days of hard grinding to get all the spare parts for a tier 10.

This version you're going to have to find a way to play your tanks without the slots being filled.

RoadKutter #345 Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:59 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 23124 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postplayer39364645, on 08 August 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

This version it takes me 17 days of hard grinding to get all the spare parts for a tier 10.

This version you're going to have to find a way to play your tanks without the slots being filled.

So why grind for 17 days to get SP for tier 10? According to you tanks are playable without all the slots filled. 

All I'm saying us that level 1 since it's bought with credits shouldn't have timers. 

If you give a man fire, he will be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

obi__wan__shinobi #346 Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50594 battles

View PostRoadKutter, on 08 August 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

So why grind for 17 days to get SP for tier 10? According to you tanks are playable without all the slots filled. 

All I'm saying us that level 1 since it's bought with credits shouldn't have timers. 

You're trying to make arguments that have been heard and rejected months ago.

If you've read anything these guys have said, then you need to understand this argument is over.

Wargaming is not changing anything.   Not spare parts, not timers, and not giving anyone an M60.

You're trying to prolong an argument that that the otherside stopped listening to six months ago.

I'm playing all my tanks.  Spare parts or not.   I'd prefer to have spare parts filled because obviously there are advantages to be gain by having those slots filled.  But I'm not stopping playing my tanks.

pgrass101 #347 Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

YOLO King

• Players
  • 30829 battles
  • [III-C]

I don't play tanks without equipment, I have an IS-4 I bought right before 3.8 and it's sitting there unplayed. If you want to play without equipment fine go ahead. but you are the minority on this forum.

They said that they were not changing missions and look they are. WarGaming listens if we complain enough. They made changes that the player based disapproved of, provided feedback for and did it anyway, despite our comments. 

And I am telling WarGaming that if they want to have anymore of my money (I regularly bought premium time and gold) then this issue needs to be addressed. 

RoadKutter #348 Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 23124 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postplayer39364645, on 08 August 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

If you've read anything these guys have said, then you need to understand this argument is over.

Wargaming is not changing anything.   Not spare parts, not timers, and not giving anyone an M60.

You're trying to prolong an argument that that the otherside stopped listening to six months ago.

I'm playing all my tanks.  Spare parts or not.   I'd prefer to have spare parts filled because obviously there are advantages to be gain by having those slots filled.  But I'm not stopping playing my tanks.

I asked a question for the mods. You came in calling people ridiculous. Then you stated that tanks don't need equipment and now you are saying that you like the advantage they give you. Sounds like you are arguing with yourself.

I am well aware that this equipment system is the new meta.

The devs also said that they will tweak the system. So what is the problem with voicing my opinion about it and suggesting possible changes? 

I guess my m60 will stay rare a little longer then. 

Edited by RoadKutter, 08 August 2017 - 05:22 PM.

NICKEL_AND_DIME #349 Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 41689 battles
  • [III-S]

It isn't necessary to have the equipment, I agree about that.

But even then I am sure you have the crew skills to their highest level.  This makes a big difference, possibly more than the equipment.

I have played the same tanks with equipment and without.  Since I played them after 3.8 they are not the same.  Sometimes they are faster (heavy tanks or slow tanks) but most of them are not as good as before.  The problem is that I did not change anything and the tank does not perform the same.  I accept that it is not changing back, this is just like any other rebalancing, but it causes a loss of trust between the consumer (players) and the vendor (WG).  Loss of trust means less money likely to be spent.

ChokeMe_WhipMe_Maika #350 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:21 PM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24087 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View PostMayoNasalSpray, on 08 August 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Hmm, something has been bothering me lately and it has to do with the spotting mechanic. 

In PC and Console without the "Sixth Sense" skill you are told when you are Spotted only when a gun is trained at you. With the sixth Sense skill you are made aware immediately when you are Spotted and the little Icon goes away after having your camo reset. 

In Blitz we have the sixth sense skill automatically however we have no way of knowing when or if our camo has reset. Has there been any consideration into adding and Icon to the game so we can actually know when we are no longer Spotted?

On PC if you don't have sixth sense you're never told you're spotted. As for the sixth sense light, it's just a standard 3 second light, it doesn't tell you when your camo is reset. 

Edited by Zennosha, 08 August 2017 - 08:22 PM.

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

(~・・)~ Aussie is Awesome ~(・・~)

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

_Blazing_Inferno_ #351 Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

Speed Demon

• Players
  • 15848 battles
  • [4AMD]

View PostZIoydd, on 01 August 2017 - 04:31 AM, said:

Hello tankers,

It's time for us to get to know each other better. From now on, we (Zloydd and MaXSty1er) will communicate with you on this forum together with our colleagues. We represent the RU region and play on the RU server, so don’t let our zero battle stats confuse you—we’re experienced players and know our favorite game inside and out.

Our aim is to give you first-hand information about the game. You can come to us with any questions about updates, new features, or in-game mechanics. If we don’t have an answer, we’ll ask the developers sitting next door!

In return, we expect your constructive comments on our game. You are free to praise the things you like or complain about the things you dislike. We’ll do our best to give you prompt feedback on problematic issues. But please remain polite when criticizing to avoid misunderstandings.

Currently, we have no plans for changing the forum structure; everything will remain as it is. However, if you have any suggestions as to forum structure improvements, we will consider them.

We understand that time differences may hinder communication, but we will try to catch time intervals when everyone is awake, or will answer your questions while it is night in America.

At the moment, we will support English only. We are aware that it is not ideal for non-native English speakers (it’s not ideal for us either). But we’re doing this to provide you with even more information on the project so that you understand how and in what direction it develops. Communicating in the same language will allow us to give you the most accurate information faster, avoid mistakes in release notes. In future, we are planning to add support for other languages as well.

We’re looking forward to our productive cooperation. And excuse us if our English isn't that good.

Mobilize!

View Postplayer39364645, on 08 August 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

View PostRoadKutter, on 08 August 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

I asked a question for the mods. You came in calling people ridiculous. Then you stated that tanks don't need equipment and now you are saying that you like the advantage they give you. Sounds like you are arguing with yourself.

I am well aware that this equipment system is the new meta.

The devs also said that they will tweak the system. So what is the problem with voicing my opinion about it and suggesting possible changes? 

I guess my m60 will stay rare a little longer then. 

Please keep in mind this is a topic about feedback and the coming of new staff. Please do not argue. I would rather this thread stays up.

"Pushing ones teammate into open fire may only mark a mistake, but pushing ones teammate into open fire on purpose marks a true noob" - _Blazing_Inferno_

I have only spent $24 and I have 16 premium tanks

Favorite tank: The T6 Dracula

RoadKutter #352 Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:50 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 23124 battles
  • [III-H]

View Post_Blazing_Inferno_, on 08 August 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

Please keep in mind this is a topic about feedback and the coming of new staff. Please do not argue. I would rather this thread stays up.

ok, got it!

Edited by RoadKutter, 08 August 2017 - 10:51 PM.

Richie_McCaw #353 Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7582 battles
Are rating battles coming to the lower tiers like 7 and 8?

Chariot_Solace #354 Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:19 AM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 17517 battles
  • [IRD]

How about giving different tank types different options for equipment slots? Heavies are too strong with increased traverse, extra armor, increased view range, and stronger tracks that stop more shells than they used to (and the benefit of the prammo nerf). Leave those options for mediums, but replace them with new ones for heavies. Some of them at least. And bring back binoculars, but for mediums only.

Or another option: Have the same equipment slots affect different tank types differently. For example, optics add 10% view range to mediums, but only 5% to heavies, improved control adds 7% traverse speed to mediums, but only 4% to heavies, etc., etc. Heavies are dominating this meta. They have almost all the advantages with this equipment system, and they take way less skill to drive. It's pretty lame. Something needs to change.

Either of these would be a fantastic balance improvement.

Edited by Chariot_Solace, 09 August 2017 - 08:39 AM.

"Let us conduct ourselves so that all men wish to be our friends, and all fear to be our enemies."

-Alexander The Great

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus. Lines I'm Grinding: Grille(IX), IS7(VIII), STB-1(VII), AMX50B(VIII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To

Rio_Grande #355 Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:30 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10178 battles
  • [AFT]

View PostChariot_Solace, on 08 August 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

How about giving different tank types different options for equipment slots? Heavies are too strong with increased traverse, extra armor, increased view range, and stronger tracks that stop more shells than they used to (and the benefit of the prammo nerf). Leave those options for mediums, but replace them with new ones for heavies. Some of them at least. And bring back binoculars, but for mediums only.

Or another option: Have the same equipment slots affect different tank types differently. For example, optics add 10% view range to mediums, but only 5% to heavies, improved control adds 7% traverse speed to mediums, but only 4% to heavies, etc., etc. Heavies are dominating this meta, and they take way less skill to drive. It's pretty lame. Something needs to change.

Either of these would be a fantastic balance improvement.

indeed, the new equipment system, although more complicated, brings more diversity.  but it's a loooong long way from perfect.

Hans, get the Luger.

NOTE: On discord im known as Rio_grande if you are trying to find me.

ZIoydd #356 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:11 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 08 August 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

I know there has been discussion of a Chinese tech tree being released when World of Tanks Blitz will be introduced in China.  However, there has been speculation of this happening every update since last February. Do you have any updates of when we will see a Chinese tech tree?  An estimated date preferably?

HI! We don't have an exact release date in China :(

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 08 August 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

I have two other questions...

1)  In other World of Tanks platforms, premium tanks such as the Panzer 58 Mutz and the RHM Skorpion exist?  Is there any discussion of these being implemented?  If so, when?

2) Tier 10 light tanks have been introduced on PC.  Are these vehicles viable for the small maps of Blitz?  Will they be coming to Blitz?  If so, is this months or years off?  Speaking to a more general point, can it be expected that all PC content (in terms of tanks) will eventually come to Blitz?

3) I understand you do not wish to discuss the M60, that is fine.  However, is there a possibility of other "reward" vehicles (currently in the PC version) being given to players in Blitz?  Vehicles include tanks such as the Obj. 907, T22 Medium, and T55A?  Would possible distribution channels of such vehicles include conclusions of ranked battle seasons, or distribution on certain holidays like Christmas, given to players that meet specified criteria?

Actually is three questions :)

1. We don't have plan to make and sell this tanks in near future.
2. No, First we need to enter other tanks. Then  we will think of LT 10.
3. Something similar awaits you very soon.

ZIoydd #357 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:12 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostRichie_McCaw, on 08 August 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:

Are rating battles coming to the lower tiers like 7 and 8?

They will appear in the future.

Dark_Magician_Girl #358 Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:06 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 17751 battles
  • [-TK]

Maybe I asked my question wrong concerning Chinese vehicles.  Let me try and rephrase.

Are the release of Chinese vehicles dependent on the release of the game to China?

Edited by Dark_Magician_Girl, 09 August 2017 - 12:13 PM.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

ZIoydd #359 Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 09 August 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Maybe I asked my question wrong concerning Chinese vehicles.  Let me try and rephrase.

Are the release of Chinese vehicles dependent on the release of the game to China?

Oh, yes.Sure.

NateDawg2k16 #360 Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

All Hail Dogface, The Great One

• Players
  • 10177 battles
  • [META]
CC_Sly and Niko did some Hall of Fame thing, which ForgottenFox mentioned. Will this continue in the future?

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have.

this dude is on to me... 

He's part of the Society! - Seal

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users