Jump to content


Let's get acquainted!


  • Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

ZIoydd #41 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 116
  • Member since:
    06-29-2017

View Post__Seal__, on 01 August 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

I am completely with Spartacus on this one. Lets imagine a fantasy world. The "king" (WG) decides to change the currency, but only gives the people (the playerbase) only 1/12 of what they had and nobody can stop him. Now, he decides to let people earn their money back, but they have to work extra hard for a ridiculous amount of time. Who would be happy about that? Does it not seem ridiculous for the people? Of course they are going to be unhappy! While they can earn it back, they got robbed with almost no compensation! This completely mirrors the 3.8 situation.

 

We have 4.0 now. I propose to discuss the update 4.0

JUSTICE_TANK #42 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10328 battles
  • 315
  • [BOSS8]
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016

View Post__Seal__, on 01 August 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

I am completely with Spartacus on this one. Lets imagine a fantasy world. The "king" (WG) decides to change the currency, but only gives the people (the playerbase) only 1/12 of what they had and nobody can stop him. Now, he decides to let people earn their money back, but they have to work extra hard for a ridiculous amount of time. Who would be happy about that? Does it not seem ridiculous for the people? Of course they are going to be unhappy! While they can earn it back, they got robbed with almost no compensation! This completely mirrors the 3.8 situation.

You paint a good picture :), although there are some things I disagree.


It always seems impossible until it's done" - Nelson Mandela   Finally have found what I'm looking for - Cent 7/1

 


__Seal__ #43 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8705 battles
  • 185
  • [COD-X]
  • Member since:
    08-09-2015

View PostJUSTICE_TANK, on 01 August 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

You paint a good picture :), although there are some things I disagree.

 

Too lazy to fill in a couple details, lol

Innocent seal that does not deserve to be clubbed. And maybe not that innocent...;)

Press THIS to become a unicum

Fake unicum


SpartacusDiablo #44 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8187 battles
  • 2,604
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014
I don't think that Wargaming understands the rage that is simmering below the surface with many of their long time players.

 Spud Bud platoon Gud

​#FixTheFury


JUSTICE_TANK #45 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10328 battles
  • 315
  • [BOSS8]
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016

View Post__Seal__, on 01 August 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

 

Too lazy to fill in a couple details, lol

 

No that's totally fine :)

It always seems impossible until it's done" - Nelson Mandela   Finally have found what I'm looking for - Cent 7/1

 


slayer_____ #46 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

    Spray and Pray

  • Players
  • 31777 battles
  • 1,872
  • [ATA2D]
  • Member since:
    07-10-2014

Welcome. Hopefully positive feedback will make it to the devs. To beat the spare parts horse past purgatory, what is the incentive of grinding new tanks? Or spending money and buying a premium anymore? We can all unlock level 1 equipment with credits. The tank is playable but not competitive. Spare parts are very rare. I'll admit, the missions and free chests help but the grind is way too long. I have no desire to purchase another premium tank. Thankfully, I have a few tanks left in the tech trees to accumulate but no spare parts for them. Can't imagine starting this game as a new player with the current dynamics. 

 

The idea of a game is to have fun and not frustrate. 

 

 



G0ClimbAR0ck #47 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

    Snoopy's Sopwith Camel

  • Players
  • 35969 battles
  • 220
  • [ST2RM]
  • Member since:
    10-31-2014

View PostZIoydd, on 01 August 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

 

At the moment, you should forget about the M60.

 

No disrespect, but that's just not going to happen. 12/21/16 is a day that I remember vividly. It's been more than 3/4 of a year and wg still has not addressed this very turmultuous issue.

JUSTICE_TANK #48 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10328 battles
  • 315
  • [BOSS8]
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016

View Postslayer_____, on 01 August 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

Welcome. Hopefully positive feedback will make it to the devs. To beat the spare parts horse past purgatory, what is the incentive of grinding new tanks? Or spending money and buying a premium anymore? We can all unlock level 1 equipment with credits. The tank is playable but not competitive. Spare parts are very rare. I'll admit, the missions and free chests help but the grind is way too long. I have no desire to purchase another premium tank. Thankfully, I have a few tanks left in the tech trees to accumulate but no spare parts for them. Can't imagine starting this game as a new player with the current dynamics. 

 

The idea of a game is to have fun and not frustrate. 

 

 

I 100% agree with you especially with the last line, well said.


It always seems impossible until it's done" - Nelson Mandela   Finally have found what I'm looking for - Cent 7/1

 


wrecker1968 #49 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 18091 battles
  • 81
  • [HOUSE]
  • Member since:
    04-13-2016
welcome,    sorry for the neg vibes,         DELETE THE SPARE PARTS PROGAM.          thx and have a great day

__Seal__ #50 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8705 battles
  • 185
  • [COD-X]
  • Member since:
    08-09-2015
What and when is the next event? 

Innocent seal that does not deserve to be clubbed. And maybe not that innocent...;)

Press THIS to become a unicum

Fake unicum


Tomio_Hara #51 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:13 PM

    Monteagle madness

  • Players
  • 18890 battles
  • 3,018
  • [XWING]
  • Member since:
    07-31-2014
Welcome! Is the removal of HESH on British mediums just a test right now (like 1/1 mm when it was first introduced) or is it here to stay? 

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!


Shadow__Lugia #52 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:15 PM

    Let the salt flow

  • Players
  • 44133 battles
  • 1,590
  • [501ST]
  • Member since:
    03-19-2014
Greetings.... and welcome to the underdome :justwait:

MSixteen #53 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:15 PM

    Full Auto Spud Gun

  • Players
  • 16416 battles
  • 5,339
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2012
It's probably been said before, but what are y'all (WG) gonna do about spare parts and the timers for unlocking equipment? Spare parts are at this point in time more valuable than in game gold, and I distinctly remember the game description previously stating that there wouldn't be timers in game. Hence BLITZ, because it's supposed to go quickly and smoothly. Having to wait 3 days for a part that took me a just as long or MORE to save up the spare parts for by no means brings BLITZ to mind. I don't mind having to grind a little for SP, but it should be doable in a single day or 2 tops. Not 3-4 minimum.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

 Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt


SpartacusDiablo #54 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:15 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8187 battles
  • 2,604
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View PostZIoydd, on 01 August 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

 

We have 4.0 now. I propose to discuss the update 4.0

4.0 is fine.

 

The issue is 3.8.  Prior to 3.8 any tank that could mount a vertical stabilizer in my garage had one mounted. This equipment was earned with the most valuable commodity I have, my time. After 3.8 a scant handful of my tanks now mount a vertical stabilizer (and this is months after 3.8 was rolled out).  What I had earned was taken from me without being replaced or properly compensated. Now Wargaming may wish to simply sweep 3.8 under the rug but this issue is not going to go away.


Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 01 August 2017 - 02:16 PM.

 Spud Bud platoon Gud

​#FixTheFury


ZIoydd #55 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:15 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 116
  • Member since:
    06-29-2017

Tankers, let's finish the conversation about the details. We understand that this feature was very controversial.
 

We plan to improve the equipment in the future, but now I do not have any details.
 

Since we have stopped getting acquainted, tell us, do you like update 4.0?



ZIoydd #56 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:17 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 116
  • Member since:
    06-29-2017

View PostTomio_Hara, on 01 August 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Welcome! Is the removal of HESH on British mediums just a test right now (like 1/1 mm when it was first introduced) or is it here to stay? 

 

We will return the HESH to update 4.1.

JUSTICE_TANK #57 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10328 battles
  • 315
  • [BOSS8]
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016
I do like 4.0 and the features it brought :)

It always seems impossible until it's done" - Nelson Mandela   Finally have found what I'm looking for - Cent 7/1

 


_Fuego #58 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 26242 battles
  • 84
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

Welcome to NA!

 

It's nice to see some new faces around here, and that WG is working to increase communication between the players and the developers. This has been needed for a long time, and I'm happy to see it.

 

I am eager to see how things on NA will change going forward! o7



MSixteen #59 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:25 PM

    Full Auto Spud Gun

  • Players
  • 16416 battles
  • 5,339
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2012

View PostZIoydd, on 01 August 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Tankers, let's finish the conversation about the details. We understand that this feature was very controversial.
 

We plan to improve the equipment in the future, but now I do not have any details.
 

Since we have stopped getting acquainted, tell us, do you like update 4.0?

The fact that the S35CA doesn't have the 105 that it does on WoT PC was a huge let down for me. I'm pretty sure that was my most played tank on that version, and the best part of it didn't translate to Blitz. Also, the Foch 155 is terrible. The gun had low DPM and penetration, accuracy is terrible at range, frontal  armor is easily penetrated by mediums on level ground (not including the weak spots), and the mobility isn't even top of its tier. There isn't a darn thing about the 155 that makes it a good TD. Give it a 2 shot autoloader with 5s between shells and a 20-25s reload, or buff the frontal armor by like 40mm to give it SOMETHING that's good.

 

EDIT: also rated battles are gross. I was under the impression based on the news section that we would be awarded ratings based off of our current WR, and we would be playing other people with similar WRs and skill based off of our ratings. However, I'm still constantly plagued with 40%ers on my team that seem to die within a minute of the game starting because we were all given the same starting rating of 4000. 


Edited by MSixteen, 01 August 2017 - 02:28 PM.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

 Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt


Dark_Magician_Girl #60 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 15078 battles
  • 3,387
  • [STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

View PostrealRichard, on 01 August 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

 

I'm already liking you. 

 

Welcome!

 

Agreed.  They have already provided us with more future information than we received from previous WG staff.  Another plus is that they speak English well, so it makes interaction so much easier than anticipated.

Edited by Dark_Magician_Girl, 01 August 2017 - 02:29 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users