Tanks that Just Don't Make the Cut

Weak Cant buff Balance 3.9 3.10 4.0

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Lokeen #81 Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38606 battles

Sorry DMG but I have to disagree with your post.  I think all the tanks you've named can perform very well with the right driver.

o7 & Stay Classy!

Dark_Magician_Girl #82 Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

Wicked Witch of the West

• Players
  • 50349 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostLokeen, on 20 August 2017 - 08:38 AM, said:

Sorry DMG but I have to disagree with your post.  I think all the tanks you've named can perform very well with the right driver.

o7 & Stay Classy!

I have recently changed my opinion on some of them.  T43 and IS8 especially.

STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 44 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 40 unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 5 top 8 NA professional tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

tcamp48 #83 Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 90672 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 02 August 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

T34 (Clown Car included)  

Before you rush to defend your T34 from my verbal scrutiny, hear me out.  While this vehicle has the standard -10 depression of an American tank, the turret is deceivingly mushy, negating the whole play style.  3 notable weak points exist.  The cupola is the most noticeable, and is actually more pronounced on the Independence version of the T34, despite them having the same turret module by name.  Second, the cheeks are reliable penetrations, so know that anytime that you are aiming at an enemy in your T34, they can most likely trade with you right back. Third is the mantlet issue.  Whether this was by design or not, Bushka highlighted the deceptive nature of American mantlets, showing their susceptibility to high penetration weaponry despite showing red on the hitskin.  This has yet to be fixed, given it was not by design.  Another note to add about the T34 and its clown car twin, wiggling only makes the cheek weak points more pronounced, so it is not a smart tactic to use.  The hull armor for these vehicles is quite bad except for the situations where they are maximizing their gun depression, and despite thick tracks side scraping is not advised as most can still penetrate reliably.

All valid points and I wouldn't begin to argue. The extra hit points help with the buff and all, but I truly think that the best tactic to use against the T34's own faults is the knowledge of the tank itself and knowledge of every nook and cranny of the map. I've driven the T34 Indy, well over 4K matches and I can "feel" how it fits on me when I climb into the turret. Moreso than any other tank I've driven. I know it's reactions and it's abilities and weaknesses in any given situation which is the only thing you can use to counter it's faults. That coupled with severe map knowledge will get you through most fights, I've found. It is lacking, but I've come to embrace it's faults as weapons in my cache. Good post. o7

Edited by tcamp48, 20 August 2017 - 05:32 PM.

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!

Lokeen #84 Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38606 battles

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 20 August 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

I have recently changed my opinion on some of them.  T43 and IS8 especially.

Toon me....let's rock 'em!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users