Playerbase Is Trash Heres Look At Why

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Player_5773117413 #1 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:38 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 25731 battles
  • [IRD]

Two thirds of the problems that we have with the playerbase fall into one of two (2) categories, prime examples of which I have seen today. Wanna point fingers and throw your blame at someone? 66.67% of the time, it'll be either Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum. Let's begin this rant, shall we?

Tweedle Dee

Saw a Super Pershing on green today, and wondered why he was sitting all the way back during our assault. When switching views to him after my tank got destroyed, I wondered why he was still aiming at tanks behind a hill when there were other red targets in clear sight of him. Tunnel vision perhaps?

Spoiler

Oh wait, nevermind.

It's just a new guy...in his freshly bought Tier 8. Climbing paying his way up the ladder, his mindset probably though, "Higher tier, better tank, therefore, I must be better as well" or some other flawed WoT logic. 

But it hold on, here's the best part: his average damage in the loltractor is higher than the average damage in his Super Pershing, and both fall well below the alpha of the Super Pershing's 90mm round.

"Let him spend his money however he wants!" Indeed, but perhaps he could split a small share of it to donate to our national/state parks? Or maybe just sponsor the next Johnny Appleseed? Oxygen isn't infinite so...

Tweedle Dum

Jokes aside for the fellow above, I fear this type is even worse. A little backstory; usually, when you see an IS-5 these days, you'd like to assume that someone experienced, and hopefully skilled, is driving it since they don't hand these tanks out like chocolate chip cookies...yet. Takes a bit of XP just to be able to drive one, and failure don't create that XP quickly so...

Spoiler

...ha! Gotcha there didn't I? You'd think after trying something a couple thousand times...but nope. TBH, I think these are the worst. Simply put, they are lost hope and it seriously makes me wonder whether these folks actually do have the capacity to learn.

Now, please do not misunderstand me. World of Tanks Blitz is NOT a test of intelligence. It isn't even anything close. However, it is not that hard of a concept to grasp: movement controls in one hand, aim and fire controls in the other. Add a sliver of situational awareness and you should be fine, maybe not a unicum, maybe not even that great, but competent enough to win some, lose about as many, and have fun. 

The other day, when I was driving to work, I was stuck behind a new Chevy Tahoe. Nice car, pretty big, musta taken some $$$ to buy. Person driving it was, well uhhhh...put it this way, they drove at least 10 under (miles) the speed limit, took a darn good delay before moving when the light turned green, and took an equally long delay before hitting the brakes when anything started closing in quick in front of them. Not gonna try to judge that person, but since there wasn't a "student driver" sticker visible anywhere, it is reasonable to assume that they were not new to this. Kinda the same concept over here, and it makes you wanna ask them,"wth are you doing, yo?" While they shoulda figured it out a long time ago, they didn't, and that brings questions. One of those questions is: will they ever learn? 

So, there you go. Two slightly extreme examples of two thirds of the cases of poor mishaps in the playerbase. Like I said, you're not necessarily dumb if you can't figure out Blitz. Heck, you might be a neurosurgeon or architect or technician who simply does not have time to dedicate to silly little games. But with many of these people, you really do have to wonder...

It is likely that anywhere from half to an overwhelming majority of your team will be composed of some combination of these [Harbor Freight] tools. As such, I wish you the best of luck out the and I O7 you for your effort to both control your rage and carry the game.

TL; DR: Tweedle Dee, a case of "you're new and you don't know anything so why did you sprint on over here?", and Tweedle Dum, a case of "are you too dumb to learn?". These are two thirds of the problems that clog up the problematic portion (which is sadly the biggest one as well) of the current NA (and I'm assuming other servers as well) server.

/rant

Many Tier 10s Already Researched, Many Tier 10s I Won't Bother to Research. Just going for DeathStar before its nerf

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

Done Posting. Joining Stealy in the ex-forumer club     Nvrmnd, Going for 7,777 posts first!

Hey WG, can we get those ATGMs for the MBT-70 now?

theFANTASTICfox #2 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:48 AM

sparepartsophobia

• Players
  • 15794 battles
  • [PR3MO]

This is RH_131's forum picture. 

World Of Tanks Blitz: Punishing the Pro and Rewarding the Moron since 2014

Edited by theFANTASTICfox, 06 August 2017 - 02:49 AM.

#6 in the M41 Walker-Bulldog and #8 in the T37

This is what BlitzStars is reporting, so I might be reading something incorrectly...

Tomio_Hara #3 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

Monteagle madness

• Players
  • 20301 battles
  • [XWING]
How did the guy on the bottom get an IS-5? 

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!

RoadKutter #4 Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:13 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 23836 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostTomio_Hara, on 05 August 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

How did the guy on the bottom get an IS-5? 

maybe OP meant is6?  Impossible got get the IS5 with that low battle count. Every time I see an is6 on green I cringe, 95% of the time it's a 100 to a 160 battles new guys. One thing is for certain, the updates are payed for with the amount of money kids are throwing at WG!!!

If you give a man fire, he will be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Player_5773117413 #5 Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:17 AM

• Players
  • 25731 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostRoadKutter, on 05 August 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

maybe OP meant is6?  Impossible got get the IS5 with that low battle count. Every time I see an is6 on green I cringe, 95% of the time it's a 100 to a 160 battles new guys. One thing is for certain, the updates are payed for with the amount of money kids are throwing at WG!!!

Nope, IS-5. I'm saying the guy with 19k battles had the is5 and the other one had the super persh. Sorry for confusion.

Many Tier 10s Already Researched, Many Tier 10s I Won't Bother to Research. Just going for DeathStar before its nerf

Done Posting. Joining Stealy in the ex-forumer club     Nvrmnd, Going for 7,777 posts first!

RoadKutter #6 Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:30 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 23836 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 05 August 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

Nope, IS-5. I'm saying the guy with 19k battles had the is5 and the other one had the super persh. Sorry for confusion.

I'm guessing converting free xp to dump it into the clan supply grind? Maybe he got that offer for 150k free xp for $10 ten times? 

Good for WG, they found a new source of revenue after 3.8 closed a lot of loyal wallets.

If you give a man fire, he will be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sepp_Ulrich #7 Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:42 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25373 battles
  • [21DAK]
Yesterday I saw a player in my team with only 25 battles fought overall (yes, only 25) driving a PZ B2 and capturing base, only to stay there staring at the reds coming to kill him. He fired only one shot... and missed. The player base is horrible.

Player_5773117413 #8 Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:43 AM

• Players
  • 25731 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostRoadKutter, on 05 August 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

I'm guessing converting free xp to dump it into the clan supply grind? Maybe he got that offer for 150k free xp for $10 ten times? 

Good for WG, they found a new source of revenue after 3.8 closed a lot of loyal wallets.

idk. He could have also just been persistent and powered through day and night. XP from losses counts too lol

Wombeer #9 Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:13 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14776 battles
  • [P_O_S]

And to top it all off, these guys AND the unicums all think they're the best and will go full psycho for the smallest perceived slight. I can tolerate morons if they stay in their lane, but I don't play this game to start arguments over petty nonsense. I wish they would add an in battle block feature. 

SilverLion468 #10 Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:31 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6616 battles
OP -- what is your suggestion to deal with the problem?

Player_5773117413 #11 Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:46 AM

• Players
  • 25731 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostSilverLion468, on 05 August 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

OP -- what is your suggestion to deal with the problem?

Grow a third hand to squeeze a stress ball while playing this game...or take a chill pill. With fools like these running around, normal means to calm anger cease to work anymore.

Personally, I would like for blitz to give us a few days, or maybe just a week, a year where mm is rigged in such a way that forumers and clan members waiting in the lobby always end up on the same team.

reluctanttheist #12 Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:47 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 19730 battles
  • [III-H]
Or maybe Ranked Battles will take over as the preferred game mode...

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

Player_5773117413 #13 Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:50 AM

• Players
  • 25731 battles
  • [IRD]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 05 August 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

Or maybe Ranked Battles will take over as the preferred game mode...

I think it'll take a while before the leagues get settled in comfortably with their qualified populations. But I don't mind if everyone else wants to spend there time in there. Might make Tier 8 the next Tier 3 to play in :rolleyes:

j0nn0 #14 Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:14 AM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 13459 battles
  • [XREGS]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 05 August 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

I think it'll take a while before the leagues get settled in comfortably with their qualified populations. But I don't mind if everyone else wants to spend there time in there. Might make Tier 8 the next Tier 3 to play in :rolleyes:

Tiers 8-9-10 in standard random matches seemed to be easier than I remember when I took a break from ranked queue. I guess less unicums in random games are certainly a helpful thing right now for those who can carry.

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

CptCheez #15 Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:12 AM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles
  • [III]

View PostRoadKutter, on 05 August 2017 - 11:13 PM, said:

maybe OP meant is6?  Impossible got get the IS5 with that low battle count.

Not impossible.  I'll get Personal Supply level X in my next battle, and I have 4000 fewer than that guy does.  Of course, my Average XP per game is more than double his, so...

Still, at his battle count and Avg XP, he's gotten a total of 5866675 XP, which is more than enough to get to Personal Supply X (assuming he got most of it after Clan Supply was put into the game).

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

_warL0rd_ #16 Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28373 battles
  • [_777_]

I only have carry tanks in my garage now.

I am not grinding anything, not rehabbing anything and not playing anything team dependent. Thats where i discovered most of my frustration came from. When you press battle, you better have your carrying pants on, or you will lose.

I never depend on anyone, not even a platoonmate. As far as I'm concerned, my "team" is there to distract the enemy while I go to work, and little else.

Always expect the worst and you wont be disappointed.

After the equipment changes, I now only have my best performing tanks in my garage equipped to the teeth and nothing else. I play them, collect the credits and rewards, and then log off.

Edited by _warL0rd_, 06 August 2017 - 12:01 PM.

christian1470 #17 Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35539 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostdrGiggless, on 05 August 2017 - 11:22 PM, said:

I had a guy on my team who had played 6 battles overall, and was driving an IS-6. His average damage was 0 and had a win rate of 16% (his team managed to carry him to victory once out of 6 games).

last night I had an SU-122-44 potato on my team. 12 games. 7 of which in the 122-44, 28% wr. 

LtBandanov #18 Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:22 PM

Resident Anime Nub

• Players
  • 12985 battles
  • [ANEKI]

According to the current playerbase, from my experience last evening, protecting a tank (myself in the SU-152 as the only Tier VII) means blocking their shots and then letting said protectee take the shots from the enemy, then whine and moan when the tank they were 'protecting' dies after only getting one good shot off.

I could have done without your 'protection', Player_xxxxxxxxxxx and Player_xxxxxxxxxxx.

I gad a bad gamr that night. I even tried Ranked to try and get some good play, and those hopes and dreams quickly evaporated.

"Hit the target when you fire, let your defences be of iron, and advance in perfect order... That is the way of Nishizumi Style." - Shiho Nishizumi.

#65 on Server in the BT-7A

Martini1x #19 Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17231 battles
  • [AU]
Just because the useless morons have ground their way to a Tier 10 tank, doesn't mean they don't suck. In fact that seems to be the norm these days. 

Also tagged with Playerbase, Is, Trash, Heres, Look, At, Why

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users