Crew Skills: A How-To Guide

crew skills

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

x__Iskra__x #21 Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

Amazing guide, very well written without any uncessary stuff- straight to the point and every information backed by pictures.

+1 from me

Delta256 #22 Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10016 battles
  • [IMPR]
Hang on, so if I level up repairs to level V, it'll double my repair speed? (It states it increases repair speed by 20% at level 1, so at level 5 it should increase it by 100%, right?)

I sometimes drive Warships too.

ats1080 #23 Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1453 battles
I think this should probably be stickied

johndd1 #24 Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostDelta256, on 04 December 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

Hang on, so if I level up repairs to level V, it'll double my repair speed? (It states it increases repair speed by 20% at level 1, so at level 5 it should increase it by 100%, right?)

I thought i read repair increased by 4% each level. So at level 5 total repair bonus would be 20%...?

You're just a bag of particles obeying the laws of physics

Delta256 #25 Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10016 battles
  • [IMPR]

View Postjohndd1, on 04 December 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

I thought i read repair increased by 4% each level. So at level 5 total repair bonus would be 20%...?

The "Repairs" skill starts at 20%, doesn't it? I didn't check before I upgraded it.

HereFishyFishy #26 Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11218 battles
  • [BRSKT]
Awesome Guide!  Thanks for clearing up the confusion i still had!

sheriffsherman #27 Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24534 battles

Thanks for posting this!

I wish i would've waited to use my account until after reading this:(  i foolishly just maxed out the first 4 categories thinking you had to go in order, then i took the next category to level four on light, medium, and heavy.  I rarely use TDs

FIRST TO 200 TANKS ON BLITZ!!!

I'm a gen 1 gamer, been crushing bad guys since the 1970s

johndd1 #28 Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostDelta256, on 04 December 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

The "Repairs" skill starts at 20%, doesn't it? I didn't check before I upgraded it.

I cant say for sure, but doubt it. That woukd be one hell of a skill if it did. I really think its 4% per level for a total of 20% at level 5.

You're just a bag of particles obeying the laws of physics

Bronze_Knight #29 Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13027 battles

I think on WOT PC your crew starts with a base level in the skills, just like you can start with a base level of 50% in crew mastery. I don't know if that holds out for WOTB. The repairs skill when maxed gives you a 20% bonus, 4% per level and 5 levels. 

What I want to know (or rather want official confirmation on) is if I have level II or III in Camouflage, will my Panther benefit from it. 

I play on iPad Air.  Click here for my WOT Blitz stats@ wotbstars.com.

WOT Blitz projects and Tier X tanks:  Germany: Maus, E 100,  JagdPanzer E 100: Researched, saving credits E 50 M, Leopard 1, U.S.A.: T110E5,  T110E4: on T30, T110E3, M48 Patton, U.K.FV215b, FV4202               

Real life projects: 1961 Chevy Impala, British FV432(sold), 4 year English degree(Finished! AAAHHHHH PANIC!), A Job(The search is on!)

Lephturn #30 Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

GREAT guide Capt. Cheese - iii

Question. I was running the new british lights after I had picked my skills - after one game in a Cruiser I got bumped to a screen to train "Mastery" - and my option was to Train or Choose Another Skill - the grey button on the left. Not having read your guide yet, I clicked "choose another skill" to see what my options were. I chose NOT to swap skills... but now I can't get back! I am pretty sure that I was about to train one of the crew skills on light tanks to level IV - but I can't get to that screen anymore.  Any idea why? Did I somehow "lose" crew XP?

Any ideas?

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Delta256 #31 Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10016 battles
  • [IMPR]

View PostBronze_Knight, on 04 December 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

I think on WOT PC your crew starts with a base level in the skills, just like you can start with a base level of 50% in crew mastery. I don't know if that holds out for WOTB. The repairs skill when maxed gives you a 20% bonus, 4% per level and 5 levels. 

What I want to know (or rather want official confirmation on) is if I have level II or III in Camouflage, will my Panther benefit from it. 

Ah, makes sense. Still, it'll be just as effective here as on PC, and still a staple.

OBTanker #32 Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19067 battles
  • [III-S]

Excellent write up, mucho thanks!

I gotta wonder if the Devs release stuff like this without clear descriptions/instructions on purpose, or if they just roll them out and see what happens.  Either way, it's kinda fun having to figure it out ourselves. (?)

Community Pledge signer

M60A3 and M1IP Tanker (that's how ancient I am, lol)

CptCheez #33 Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles
  • [III]

View Postats1080, on 04 December 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

Thanks, I've been waiting for some sort of guide before I took the crew XP dive.  Any advice on which skills are the most useful?

Nah, I'll leave that advice up to someone with more experience actually USING the skills. :)

View PostEm0s, on 04 December 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

Thanks for the guide much appreciated! Wish I read this before I made my final selections but oh well. There still seems to be a little confusion as to when exactly a crew skill becomes active for game purposes. Is it when a skill is at lvl 1 and it gots increasing better up thru 5, or does the skill not work at all until you hit Mastery?

Every skill becomes active once you've fully trained it to at least Level 1.  The changes are incrementally better up through Level 5.

View PostLephturn, on 04 December 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

GREAT guide Capt. Cheese - iii

Question. I was running the new british lights after I had picked my skills - after one game in a Cruiser I got bumped to a screen to train "Mastery" - and my option was to Train or Choose Another Skill - the grey button on the left. Not having read your guide yet, I clicked "choose another skill" to see what my options were. I chose NOT to swap skills... but now I can't get back! I am pretty sure that I was about to train one of the crew skills on light tanks to level IV - but I can't get to that screen anymore.  Any idea why? Did I somehow "lose" crew XP?

Any ideas?

Um, that one I don't know, as I haven't seen that screen yet.  I can only assume that means that your last game in the Cruiser gave you enough Crew XP to fully train your chosen Light skill to the next level, and it was asking you if you wanted to indeed choose that skill to train up, or use that Crew XP on a different one.

And to all, thanks for all the appreciation.  Do me a favor though, when replying to the initial post, DON'T QUOTE THE WHOLE THING. :)

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

CptCheez #34 Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles
  • [III]

View Postnaktl, on 04 December 2014 - 05:06 AM, said:

I will add to this guide that once you have all skills at V on a particular type of tank, all crew experience from that type of tank seems to be automatically split between skills being trained on other types of tanks.

For instance, I have all my Heavy skills at V.  Now whenever I play a Heavy that would train the crew that Crew Exp gets evenly divided between the other three lines.  So if I have a 1800 Exp game in a Premium Heavy 600 goes to the active skills on my Light, 600 to mediums and 600 to TDs.  I tested it this morning and this is how it works.  I believe this also stacks with Mentor V.

This means that you can run Premiums to generate Creds, "Free" Exp and Crew Exp all at once.  Additionally the x2/3/5 Bonuses seem to apply, meaning that it is now more worthwhile to run multiple Elite tanks in your Garage at reset.

I don't know if there is a way to focus the Exp investment or to train multiple skills in one line.

Great info, Naktl.  Added to first post!

mikkonator #35 Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5330 battles
  • [CRIXS]
Great info, thanks!  Luckily I didn't make horrible mistakes yet.

ats1080 #36 Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1453 battles

View PostCptCheez, on 04 December 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Nah, I'll leave that advice up to someone with more experience actually USING the skills. :)

Every skill becomes active once you've fully trained it to at least Level 1.  The changes are incrementally better up through Level 5.

Um, that one I don't know, as I haven't seen that screen yet.  I can only assume that means that your last game in the Cruiser gave you enough Crew XP to fully train your chosen Light skill to the next level, and it was asking you if you wanted to indeed choose that skill to train up, or use that Crew XP on a different one.

And to all, thanks for all the appreciation.  Do me a favor though, when replying to the initial post, DON'T QUOTE THE WHOLE THING. :)

lol my bad...Didn't even notice it until now.

Lephturn #37 Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostCptCheez, on 04 December 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

I'm sure you are correct - but I can't figure out how to get back there to tell it YES....

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

CptCheez #38 Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles
  • [III]

View PostLephturn, on 04 December 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

I'm sure you are correct - but I can't figure out how to get back there to tell it YES....

Is this the one you saw?

That's the screen that pops up when you've finished a battle that finally raised your Crew Mastery in that tank to 100%.

Lephturn #39 Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]
Yes! That's the one. The problem is I hit the grey button - I'm pretty sure it was EXACTLY like that, and the SELECT SKILL button - I presume - would have gotten me to level IV with Hasty Shot. Maybe that's where I'm wrong. It seemed to me like I could have hit level IV but by hitting the wrong button nothing happened?

CptCheez #40 Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:27 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles
  • [III]

View PostLephturn, on 04 December 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

Yes! That's the one. The problem is I hit the grey button - I'm pretty sure it was EXACTLY like that, and the SELECT SKILL button - I presume - would have gotten me to level IV with Hasty Shot. Maybe that's where I'm wrong. It seemed to me like I could have hit level IV but by hitting the wrong button nothing happened?

Nah that screen is not saying you've leveled a skill.  It's saying your Crew Mastery in the just-played tank is now 100%, and it can start earning Crew XP.  That's all, really.  It's merely asking you what skill you want it to earn in.

Also tagged with crew skills

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users