AT 8 U.K

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

TitaniumRadon #1 Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9493 battles
  • [SAWT]
I need help with my AT 8 it's total hell.This tank bought down my win rate from 48.57 to 48.37.I'm starting to get fed up.I have the second barrrel that cost 4000exp and it works good in some games but not all.But anyway I take it I end up losing with this tank.Can anyone guide me how to use this tank in it's best way and win battles with it.

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 17769 battles

View PostTitaniumRadon, on 08 August 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

I need help with my AT 8 it's total hell.This tank bought down my win rate from 48.57 to 48.37.I'm starting to get fed up.I have the second barrrel that cost 4000exp and it works good in some games but not all.But anyway I take it I end up losing with this tank.Can anyone guide me how to use this tank in it's best way and win battles with it.

You will get a lot of advice.  Much of it will be along the lines of things you've already been told, but you wont listen to it.

So why should we go through this again?

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

TitaniumRadon #3 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9493 battles
  • [SAWT]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 August 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

You will get a lot of advice.  Much of it will be along the lines of things you've already been told, but you wont listen to it.

So why should we go through this again?

??? I just want help, please do not say I'm stupid, I just want help.

BorisBaddenov #4 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 17769 battles

View PostTitaniumRadon, on 08 August 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

I'm not going to waste my time again.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

slayer_____ #5 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 33064 battles
  • [ATA2D]

View PostTitaniumRadon, on 08 August 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

He never said you were "stupid". You just implied that. 

NateDawg2k16 #6 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

All Hail Dogface, The Great One

• Players
  • 10584 battles
  • [META]
What Boris is implying is that there is a reason behind you doing terrible in it. The reason -- you do not listen to his advice, which is very good in fact.

Edited by NateDawg2k16, 08 August 2017 - 08:27 PM.

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have.

this dude is on to me... 

He's part of the Society! - Seal

Space_Ape_Marksman #7 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:27 PM

Professional Löwe Driver

• Players
  • 33057 battles
  • [FLOOP]

Wot....

Regarding the AT8, the second gun is actually worse then the first gun. Use the first gun until you get the 3rd gun and use the 3rd gun till you get the top gun. You have to play aggresive frontline in heavy-friendly maps and in large maps, snipe. You will also find situations where you are defending the flank alone against lots of reds. In this case, spam the fire button and the SOS button and hope your braindead teammates help you or hope that the reds are more braindead than your teammates. Good luck!

"If God be for us, who can be against us?" Wargaming. Wargaming is against us.

I get carried by teams.

outersketcher #8 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11081 battles
  • [COD-R]

Hey Titanium ..I'm right there with you. I've been playing my AT8 and struggling as well. 

Here is an earlier thread about it.. there is some solid, and helpful advice in there.

I've been told to use its armor with courage yet a clear mind. Dont snipe. It's not a sniper. Keep in mind you have that massive cupula that EVERYONE knows about and aims for.

so keep it hidden if you can.. if you cant.. keep it moving. 

Also.. I've learned this. 

When a light tank comes for you to circle you to death.. dont bother trying to spin on your treads to shoot them. Dont.. 

Instead. Just back straight up. Back up, right out of their circle. Do it fast enough and you can sometimes get in a free shot at them before they realize whats happened.

You have three advantages in that TD..

1) its an armored beast.. at least the front. And can soak up a lot of fire.

2) it has a really nice rate of fire.. You can literally stop tanks in their tracks and keep them there by permatracking them.

3) Psychology..The AT8 LOOKS nasty.. and can BE nasty. People know it and they hesitate before coming after you. you can use that psychological pause to your advantage.

Edited by outersketcher, 08 August 2017 - 08:29 PM.

....DamageDamageDamageDamageDamageDamageDamage....

also...

If you see me in the line up. Be aware, I won't go afk to preserve my damage. And I WON'T give you the win just cuz I'm the last one on my team still alive.

You're gonna have to come TAKE your win from me. I fight for the team.

TitaniumRadon #9 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:33 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9493 battles
  • [SAWT]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 August 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

I'm not going to waste my time again.

Peace-

Boris

So why did you even comment if you know you were not even going to help me.Look I do not know what I did to you but I'm sorry, ok.I just wanted help and you as a more advanced player than me sould of at least give me 1 tip and seeing that you did not even did so why sould I respect you.All I'm saying is sorry what I did in the past, but I have changed and so sould you, that's in the past and we cannot chang that ok.So we should put the past behind us and start all over.

TitaniumRadon #10 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9493 battles
  • [SAWT]

View PostSpace_Ape_Marksman, on 08 August 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

Wot....

Regarding the AT8, the second gun is actually worse then the first gun. Use the first gun until you get the 3rd gun and use the 3rd gun till you get the top gun. You have to play aggresive frontline in heavy-friendly maps and in large maps, snipe. You will also find situations where you are defending the flank alone against lots of reds. In this case, spam the fire button and the SOS button and hope your braindead teammates help you or hope that the reds are more braindead than your teammates. Good luck!

Thank you very much, I will use these tips to play my AT 8.Atleast you are a player I can respect.

NaDa_22 #11 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24308 battles
  • [_V_]

How to play AT-8.

1) Sell the tank.

TitaniumRadon #12 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9493 battles
  • [SAWT]

View Postoutersketcher, on 08 August 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

Hey Titanium ..I'm right there with you. I've been playing my AT8 and struggling as well. 

Here is an earlier thread about it.. there is some solid, and helpful advice in there.

I've been told to use its armor with courage yet a clear mind. Dont snipe. It's not a sniper. Keep in mind you have that massive cupula that EVERYONE knows about and aims for.

so keep it hidden if you can.. if you cant.. keep it moving. 

Also.. I've learned this. 

When a light tank comes for you to circle you to death.. dont bother trying to spin on your treads to shoot them. Dont.. 

Instead. Just back straight up. Back up, right out of their circle. Do it fast enough and you can sometimes get in a free shot at them before they realize whats happened.

2) it has a really nice rate of fire.. You can literally stop tanks in their tracks and keep them there by permatracking them.

3) Psychology..The AT8 LOOKS nasty.. and can BE nasty. People know it and they hesitate before coming after you. you can use that psychological pause to your advantage.

Thanks alot for the tips.I will try to use them in battle.As I told th other guy, atleast you are another player I can respect, thank you.

TitaniumRadon #13 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9493 battles
  • [SAWT]

View PostNaDa_22, on 08 August 2017 - 08:38 PM, said:

How to play AT-8.

1) Sell the tank.

LOL, WHY

NaDa_22 #14 Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24308 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostTitaniumRadon, on 08 August 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

LOL, WHY

Let me explain. 

View Postoutersketcher, on 08 August 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

1) It is not an armored beast. AT5 is. AT8 is not. People will shoot your cupola and the machine gun area for days. Stand in front of KV2 and see 900+ HP evaporate. 

2) It has a nice rate of fire - but due to its lack of mobility, it's hard to keep the tanks in front of you. If you manage to keep them in front, #1 happens. 

3) I have no idea what "looks" have to do with a fear factor. People fear KV2, because you remember getting hit by them. AT8? Why would anyone fear something that is easy to pen, slow, and only shoots 160 alpha? 

NateDawg2k16 #15 Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:23 PM

All Hail Dogface, The Great One

• Players
  • 10584 battles
  • [META]

View PostTitaniumRadon, on 08 August 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

So why did you even comment if you know you were not even going to help me.Look I do not know what I did to you but I'm sorry, ok.I just wanted help and you as a more advanced player than me sould of at least give me 1 tip and seeing that you did not even did so why sould I respect you.All I'm saying is sorry what I did in the past, but I have changed and so sould you, that's in the past and we cannot chang that ok.So we should put the past behind us and start all over.

View PostTitaniumRadon, on 08 August 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

If you changed you'd be well on your way past 50%

And sorry if I double quoted, I might have hit the quote button twice

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have.

this dude is on to me... 

He's part of the Society! - Seal

christian1470 #16 Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35500 battles
  • [III-H]

Slow rolling death. 

follow your team. You will be last, but try not to be, that means keep moving. 

When you do stop, keep on the left side of cover. Your gun is offset to the left, and cupola to the right. Peek the gun side from cover to hide your hat. 

Keep close to cover at at all times. When attacked by mediums, back to the closest anything in order to break the COD. if you are lucky, they won't be watching where they are going. Leave just enough space for you to rotate, but not enough for them to get behind you. 

Keep the gun firing. You will behind your team, let them be the target. Aim at tracks whenever possible to allow your friendlies an extra shot. 

Don't be afraid to use the SOS button, but know if you don't stick close to your team you won't get any help. 

Work on keeping your team alive, because they will keep you alive. 

SirWaffles2468 #17 Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:17 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15794 battles

Although I free XPed past this tank and have no advice to tell you, I just went over your past topics and by the way you treat others I still wouldn't have given advice. Thanks ~

I made a pointless post but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by SirWaffles2468, 09 August 2017 - 12:20 AM.

mob

TitaniumRadon #18 Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:40 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9493 battles
  • [SAWT]

View Postchristian1470, on 08 August 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

Slow rolling death. 

follow your team. You will be last, but try not to be, that means keep moving. 

When you do stop, keep on the left side of cover. Your gun is offset to the left, and cupola to the right. Peek the gun side from cover to hide your hat. 

Keep close to cover at at all times. When attacked by mediums, back to the closest anything in order to break the COD. if you are lucky, they won't be watching where they are going. Leave just enough space for you to rotate, but not enough for them to get behind you. 

Keep the gun firing. You will behind your team, let them be the target. Aim at tracks whenever possible to allow your friendlies an extra shot. 

Don't be afraid to use the SOS button, but know if you don't stick close to your team you won't get any help. 

Work on keeping your team alive, because they will keep you alive. 

Thanks for the amazing advice.I really loved the one about the position of the gun and the cupola, that one was really helpful.

tankeatingtiger #19 Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:25 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7303 battles
  • [XWING]

View PostNaDa_22, on 08 August 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

Let me explain. 

1) It is not an armored beast. AT5 is. AT8 is not. People will shoot your cupola and the machine gun area for days. Stand in front of KV2 and see 900+ HP evaporate. 

2) It has a nice rate of fire - but due to its lack of mobility, it's hard to keep the tanks in front of you. If you manage to keep them in front, #1 happens. 

3) I have no idea what "looks" have to do with a fear factor. People fear KV2, because you remember getting hit by them. AT8? Why would anyone fear something that is easy to pen, slow, and only shoots 160 alpha? 

#1: Most of the people at t6 dont know how to drive and shoot at the same time, much less shoot a part of a tank that seems unpennable.

#3: Refer to the first part of #2. This thing is a classic British tank. The three best words about are rate of fire.

hope this helps, titanium

YouTube Channel: 

https://m.youtube.co...yh36wuxFqeEiO3g

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

outersketcher #20 Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11081 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostNaDa_22, on 08 August 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

Let me explain. 

Yah.. okay.. I concede to the guy with more battles and a better win rate on the first two points.

But I have to disagree with you on the value of the Psychological impact your tank can have against your enemies. Some tanks have inherent impact just from reputation... like the KV2 and a platooning pair of vk28's. Other tanks can have a big impact based on the way they look and how you drive them.

I myself have driven large heavies into the teeth of clustered reds, capping on a flag. Sending them scattering like quail... when if they had just stayed and fought.. they would have easily won.

I've distracted charging reds by flanking and shooting them up the butt.. causing them to spin to face me and present their butts to my team mates.. bad idea.. but you do dumb things when rattled.

And so on... In my opinion, I believe there is absolute value in the potential psychological impact you and your tank can have on your enemy. And it should be taken into account.

Edited by outersketcher, 09 August 2017 - 01:28 AM.

....DamageDamageDamageDamageDamageDamageDamage....

also...

If you see me in the line up. Be aware, I won't go afk to preserve my damage. And I WON'T give you the win just cuz I'm the last one on my team still alive.

You're gonna have to come TAKE your win from me. I fight for the team.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users