AT 8 U.K

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

_The_Tactition_ #21 Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16511 battles
  • [FOE]
Well I've never had it but when I play it I just classify it as the lowest priority. When I'm in my 28.01 or crom, I don't even think about aiming, the whole right side is trash. The top is bad. It's super slow. In heavies I just bully it. I literally smile when I see one, as I know it's an auto useless tank. Just stick with the team and hope they can play is all I got. 

It is always Hammer Time! 

Member of the Training Room Police Department

TitaniumRadon #22 Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9464 battles
  • [SAWT]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 09 August 2017 - 01:25 AM, said:

#1: Most of the people at t6 dont know how to drive and shoot at the same time, much less shoot a part of a tank that seems unpennable.

#3: Refer to the first part of #2. This thing is a classic British tank. The three best words about are rate of fire.

hope this helps, titanium

Yes it did help.I'm getting so much good advice I might get an Ace Tanker game with the AT 8.

NaDa_22 #23 Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23413 battles
  • [_V_]

View Postoutersketcher, on 09 August 2017 - 01:27 AM, said:

Yah.. okay.. I concede to the guy with more battles and a better win rate on the first two points.

But I have to disagree with you on the value of the Psychological impact your tank can have against your enemies. Some tanks have inherent impact just from reputation... like the KV2 and a platooning pair of vk28's. Other tanks can have a big impact based on the way they look and how you drive them.

I myself have driven large heavies into the teeth of clustered reds, capping on a flag. Sending them scattering like quail... when if they had just stayed and fought.. they would have easily won.

I've distracted charging reds by flanking and shooting them up the butt.. causing them to spin to face me and present their butts to my team mates.. bad idea.. but you do dumb things when rattled.

And so on... In my opinion, I believe there is absolute value in the potential psychological impact you and your tank can have on your enemy. And it should be taken into account.

I don't think of my battles counts or stats lend an authority, maybe a little credibility on what I say. I did play through AT8 quite recently, hated it, and frankly want others to not waste their time on it.

As for psychological factor - it's real. But it has nothing to do with what a tank looks like, or what it can do once in a blue moon. Rather it has everything to do with what the tank is capable of doing on regular basis.

KV2 brings out a fear factor, because everyone has been hit by that thing and seen a good chunk of HP disappear in matter of seconds. VK 28.01 toon raises an alarm, because they are more likely than not being driven by experienced players to "seal-club" (not to mention that VK 28.01 is one of the best tier 6 tanks).

AT5 (AT8's predecessor) has a fear factor - since it's well-armored beast. If I see one, I tend to leave it alone until the end, if I can help it.

AT8 on the other hand has little to no redeeming quality. Its high Rate of Fire is countered by slow mobility and a lack of turret. If it tries to push up to the front line, it gets penned easily. If it stays back to camp, it risks getting circled to death by fast light and medium tanks.

Maybe newer players who do not understand hit skin, or confuse AT8 with AT5 might be reluctant to take on AT8. The problem is that tier 6 rarely only has new players in it.

BorisBaddenov #24 Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:43 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 17769 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View PostSirWaffles2468, on 08 August 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

Although I free XPed past this tank and have no advice to tell you, I just went over your past topics and by the way you treat others I still wouldn't have given advice. Thanks ~

I made a pointless post but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Yup -

Not to mention she has been given advice in the past - and basically puked all over it.

In game - they drop F-bomb's in chat, and try to get teammates to down-vote green tankers.

They go to town on Middleburg -- seriously.

Kruger-Dunning was spot on.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

TitaniumRadon #25 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9464 battles
  • [SAWT]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 09 August 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Yup -

Not to mention she has been given advice in the past - and basically puked all over it.

In game - they drop F-bomb's in chat, and try to get teammates to down-vote green tankers.

They go to town on Middleburg -- seriously.

Kruger-Dunning was spot on.

Peace-

Boris

I have no problem with you, but you always have a problem with me.You are a better and more advanced player that me, everything I did was in the past, and you still taking about it and mocking me with it.You as a more advanced player should atleast be more respective, but it looks like, although I said crap to people I stopped that because I know more and relize how stupid and dumb I was when I now joined, but everyone makes mistakes, and you just enjoy insulting me with them.As I told you I know my mistakes and corrected them but you just insult me with them.So, go ahead insult me with something that hppened in the past it's not gonna do me anything.

EolSunder1 #26 Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7669 battles
  • [SWUS]
stay in the middle of your team. take the advice of the other poster, peek out and shoot to the left of your team, that way you try to keep your bit copula hidden more. with a fast accurate gun, track every tank you can track in front of you. you can do the old track circle.. track 1 track, then see if they use up a repair to fix it, track again. If no repair, do the track circle.. track 1 track, shoot tank, track other track, shoot tank, back and forth. You'll track them with a faster gun before they can repair. After a few times they are basically immobile paperweights that your team hopefully can shoot.

BorisBaddenov #27 Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:13 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 17769 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View PostTitaniumRadon, on 09 August 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

I have no problem with you, but you always have a problem with me.You are a better and more advanced player that me, everything I did was in the past, and you still taking about it and mocking me with it.You as a more advanced player should atleast be more respective, but it looks like, although I said crap to people I stopped that because I know more and relize how stupid and dumb I was when I now joined, but everyone makes mistakes, and you just enjoy insulting me with them.As I told you I know my mistakes and corrected them but you just insult me with them.So, go ahead insult me with something that hppened in the past it's not gonna do me anything.

Telling the truth is not insulting you.  

If you have no problem with me -- then why do you ask the green team to down vote me?

Sounds like a problem to me, eh?

Edited by BorisBaddenov, 09 August 2017 - 08:14 PM.

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

TitaniumRadon #28 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9464 battles
  • [SAWT]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 09 August 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

Telling the truth is not insulting you.  

If you have no problem with me -- then why do you ask the green team to down vote me?

Sounds like a problem to me, eh?

Dude, as I said that was in the past just forget about it, that was like a month ago, as I told you I have changed no more of that.But it was not my fault 5 members when town only you and a chi-to when hill, you were suppose to stick with the team, when everyone died then you and the Chi-to started to help.

BorisBaddenov #29 Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:28 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 17769 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View PostTitaniumRadon, on 10 August 2017 - 03:17 AM, said:

Dude, as I said that was in the past just forget about it, that was like a month ago, as I told you I have changed no more of that.But it was not my fault 5 members when town only you and a chi-to when hill, you were suppose to stick with the team, when everyone died then you and the Chi-to started to help.

Only you and your KV platoon mate went town -- the rest went hill.

If you had even tried to come up the hill.  We'd have won easily, as the team on the hill had no trouble with the few reds that were there.

If you really want help - like you claim - then you will listen twice as much as you speak.  After all that's why you evolved with two ears and only one mouth.

Listen more child - speak less.

Boris

Gavidoc01 #30 Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

I Golded Level III

• Players
  • 28005 battles
  • [III]

View PostTitaniumRadon, on 10 August 2017 - 06:17 AM, said:

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 10 August 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

Only you and your KV platoon mate went town -- the rest went hill.

If you had even tried to come up the hill.  We'd have won easily, as the team on the hill had no trouble with the few reds that were there.

If you really want help - like you claim - then you will listen twice as much as you speak.  After all that's why you evolved with two ears and only one mouth.

Listen more child - speak less.

Boris

FFS you two, stop acting like 9 year olds arguing over who hit who in the nads first and get over it. 

OP: advice has been given. Review and learn or don't. 

Boris: you gave advice so move along. 

My Blitzstars

My WOTBStars

I'm a Wallet Warrior. Deal with it.

BorisBaddenov #31 Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 17769 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View PostGavidoc01, on 10 August 2017 - 04:33 AM, said:

FFS you two, stop acting like 9 year olds arguing over who hit who in the nads first and get over it. 

OP: advice has been given. Review and learn or don't. 

Boris: you gave advice so move along. 

Ok Dad.

Educated_Redneck #32 Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13159 battles
  • [GZR]
I don't have one, but I've platooned with it. Platoon with a KV-1S.  By the time anyone gets past you their hit pool will be way down. The KV can clobber them for 400 and either kill them or make them a one shot. Having a platoon mate to watch your back , really makes slow turretless tanks easier to play.

__Unicum__ #33 Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 245 battles
  • [ASWTZ]

AT8 is trash, period. Sell it or skip it. Anyone who says otherwise is an optimist. 

outersketcher #34 Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10913 battles
  • [COD-R]

View Post__Unicum__, on 10 August 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

AT8 is trash, period. Sell it or skip it. Anyone who says otherwise is an optimist. 

(Raises his hand) I dont advise anyone to play this TD..but I would like to ACE it.. just to be able to tug on my suspenders and say.. "Ayup.. I aced that TD."

....DamageDamageDamageDamageDamageDamageDamage....

also...

If you see me in the line up. Be aware, I won't go afk to preserve my damage. And I WON'T give you the win just cuz I'm the last one on my team still alive.

You're gonna have to come TAKE your win from me. I fight for the team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users