• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

fluffyteddy763 #1 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:00 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5673 battles
  • [DRSI4]

Hey forumers!

In my quest to make myself a better tanker, I've set a long-term goals of being a smurf and reaching 60% winrate on my account. I'm currently at 57-something percent, and with my low battle count, I'm hoping to reach 60% before my stats "solidify" as my battle count increases. So, questions.

1. How do you 60%ers play? Do you play more aggressively or passively?

2. To follow up with question 1- are there any places on any given maps that you rush to take which can help influence the battle?

3. How do you effectively play the CDC/ any paper medium tank when ever reds are full of TD's capable of smashing a dent in your HP? (I'm talking like 2-4 ISU152'S/Borsig's stacked up on red team.)

4. Is my goal of reaching 60% without any seal clubbing  (no tier 5 and below matches repetitvely played) possible before I hit 8k battles?

Thanks for bearing with me and reading that wall of text,

Fluffyteddy763

I've reached a point in my life where I've decided I'm not old. I'm actually 20, but with shipping and handling!

purchasabIe #2 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:13 AM

Based Stickman

• Players
  • 15385 battles

1. Pretty good, usually. But seriously, its all about positioning. 

2. Wherever the pubbies don't, usually.

3. Play it like you're a one-shot. 

4. Yes. 

I_Am_Not_Toxic_I_Swear #3 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:27 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31080 battles
  • [BWING]
You play league, don't you.

Bring back the T49A

_BitterSteel_ #4 Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30678 battles
  • [--R--]

1. Im have a very agressive playstyle but that depends on the tank and terrain. I cant be agressive with a SP I C or an Emil. 

2. Usually the high ground. Exceptions are in supremacy,  try to go to the 2 closest capture zones.

3. I dont have the CDC, but is very quick use your speed and hope to not get shot or wait until one of your team gets the shot

4. Its possible but take it slow and learn how to play the tanks 

Player60 #5 Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1217 battles
  • [SAVG1]
Just watch bushka.Hes good imo.Also if you want 60%.Just player t1 until 70% then go back to t8 or whtevr.Its what i would do if i wanted 60%.Jerk move but it works none theless

jkwon126 #6 Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33165 battles
  • [HUCK]

If you're clubbing for stats... well... there's really no point. Because we can all see right through that sh**.

You have a choice to make: Do I take the WR hit to play against better players at T8+, improve, and be able to go toe to toe with unicums or do I have a 60 WR but get crushed by good players?

I'll tell you right now that you'll get a heck of a lot more respect being able to run with the lean dogs at top tier than having a 60% WR but being a top tier potato.

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

What was that?  Can't hear you over my freedom of speech -Blartch

Do not hold the symbol in higher regard than the freedom it represents. -DaBombV

__Seal__ #7 Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

Legendary Guardian of Sealkind

• Players
  • 12678 battles
  • [BNCR]

I am not really a unicum, but ill give you my two cents.

1. Depends what tank and tier. You can get away with playing very aggressive at tiers 7 and below, but playing passive is a much safer bet.

2. Generally positions that counter important positions. For example, Vineyards. If i spawn near A, i will rush to midde-townish area, so i can shoot up anybody who tries to cap B, and vice versa.

3. Dont have CDC. Maybe never stop moving? Works alright in the Ru 251, just hide out and use your team as distractions.

4. Seems very doable. 

New to tier X? Here’s the meta, with the all new tier x tier list.

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/92877-the-ultimate-tier-x-tier-list/

#1 Tiger I Player NA, #4 Global

Seal Clubbing (v.)- The act of playing any strong or overpowered tank at tiers 1-6 for the purpose of dominating newer players.

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

__Unicum__ #8 Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 708 battles
  • [-ATT-]

1. Agressively, and it helps to tell your team at the start what to do.

2. Black Goldville: Fast tank: rush the nearest bush on top of the ridge closest to caves to spot enemy meds as they rush. As a heavy, the same area.

Canal: Heavy: spotting bush on the bridge by supremacy B cap to spot enemy heavies rush the camper corner. Medium: Hills.

Copperfield: Heavy: the little hull down spot on opposite sides of supremacy A cap. Gotta go fast.

Medium: Flank

Fort Despair: Medium: if you've got good gun depression, rush the bushes by cap hill to spot and get flanking spots. 

Mines: if you have the fast tank advantage, HILL HILL HILL

Middleberg: HILL HILL HILL unless its supremacy. As a med u rush the ramp thingy to spot.

Rockfield: I always like to go towards the side where supremacy C cap is. I like to rush that spotting bush Right in front of the cap circle in between the outside path and the inside. 

Mirage: If you're in a fast tank with good gun depression, rush the bush on the ridge in front of the cap circle to spot and get a shot in. As a heavy, if you're not slow af rush the hill thing a little to the right of heavy spawn. Good spot for flanking shots and poking. 

3. A CDC is pretty much a dracula at tier 8 except worse. I would use it to rush spotting locations, get in that first shot, pull back. Cdc's a peek a boom type tank. If there are enemy derps, don't poke in the same spot where you've already been previously spotted from unless they dont have a shot at u are have already fired. Use your speed to flank if possible. Use that gun depression to poke ridgelines and snapshot. Circle isolated heavies. And most importantly, your teamates are your mestshields. Use them for protection and don't get hit.

4. Your goal is completely achievable. Just play smart, platoon with good players, and you'll make it.

fluffyteddy763 #9 Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5673 battles
  • [DRSI4]

View Postjkwon126, on 10 August 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

If you're clubbing for stats... well... there's really no point. Because we can all see right through that sh**.

You have a choice to make: Do I take the WR hit to play against better players at T8+, improve, and be able to go toe to toe with unicums or do I have a 60 WR but get crushed by good players?

I'll tell you right now that you'll get a heck of a lot more respect being able to run with the lean dogs at top tier than having a 60% WR but being a top tier potato.

I don't know if you read question number 4. I said no seal clubbing period (no tier 5 or lower).

I've reached a point in my life where I've decided I'm not old. I'm actually 20, but with shipping and handling!

fluffyteddy763 #10 Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5673 battles
  • [DRSI4]

View Post__Unicum__, on 10 August 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

1. Agressively, and it helps to tell your team at the start what to do.

2. Black Goldville: Fast tank: rush the nearest bush on top of the ridge closest to caves to spot enemy meds as they rush. As a heavy, the same area.

Canal: Heavy: spotting bush on the bridge by supremacy B cap to spot enemy heavies rush the camper corner. Medium: Hills.

Copperfield: Heavy: the little hull down spot on opposite sides of supremacy A cap. Gotta go fast.

Medium: Flank

Fort Despair: Medium: if you've got good gun depression, rush the bushes by cap hill to spot and get flanking spots. 

Mines: if you have the fast tank advantage, HILL HILL HILL

Middleberg: HILL HILL HILL unless its supremacy. As a med u rush the ramp thingy to spot.

Rockfield: I always like to go towards the side where supremacy C cap is. I like to rush that spotting bush Right in front of the cap circle in between the outside path and the inside. 

Mirage: If you're in a fast tank with good gun depression, rush the bush on the ridge in front of the cap circle to spot and get a shot in. As a heavy, if you're not slow af rush the hill thing a little to the right of heavy spawn. Good spot for flanking shots and poking. 

3. A CDC is pretty much a dracula at tier 8 except worse. I would use it to rush spotting locations, get in that first shot, pull back. Cdc's a peek a boom type tank. If there are enemy derps, don't poke in the same spot where you've already been previously spotted from unless they dont have a shot at u are have already fired. Use your speed to flank if possible. Use that gun depression to poke ridgelines and snapshot. Circle isolated heavies. And most importantly, your teamates are your mestshields. Use them for protection and don't get hit.

4. Your goal is completely achievable. Just play smart, platoon with good players, and you'll make it.

Thank you for the extremely detailed map analysis.  I'll make sure to try and put your words into action. Thanks! 

JUIRGA #11 Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8438 battles
  • [SRT-A]

Not unicum here, but my more recent tanks are all holding their own at 60-64% WR.

1. Passive-aggressive. Play passive at first, peek-a-boom, utilize cover, second line dropping damage.  There will be a point in every match, where sudden aggression will bring victory.  Maybe a derp just fired, maybe heavies are faced 120* off, maybe the opposing med finally died.. Recognize that instant, and grab the bull by the horns.

*speaking in fast medium terms. I have no advice for heavies, and you shouldn't listen to me on heavies anyways*

jkwon126 #12 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33165 battles
  • [HUCK]

View Postfluffyteddy763, on 10 August 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

Hey forumers!

In my quest to make myself a better tanker, I've set a long-term goals of being a smurf and reaching 60% winrate on my account. I'm currently at 57-something percent, and with my low battle count, I'm hoping to reach 60% before my stats "solidify" as my battle count increases. So, questions.

1. How do you 60%ers play? Do you play more aggressively or passively?

2. To follow up with question 1- are there any places on any given maps that you rush to take which can help influence the battle?

3. How do you effectively play the CDC/ any paper medium tank when ever reds are full of TD's capable of smashing a dent in your HP? (I'm talking like 2-4 ISU152'S/Borsig's stacked up on red team.)

4. Is my goal of reaching 60% without any seal clubbing  (no tier 5 and below matches repetitvely played) possible before I hit 8k battles?

Thanks for bearing with me and reading that wall of text,

Fluffyteddy763

View PostPlayer60, on 10 August 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

Just watch bushka.Hes good imo.Also if you want 60%.Just player t1 until 70% then go back to t8 or whtevr.Its what i would do if i wanted 60%.Jerk move but it works none theless

View Postfluffyteddy763, on 10 August 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

I don't know if you read question number 4. I said no seal clubbing period (no tier 5 or lower).

You might want to re-read question 4 yourself and what followed it.

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

What was that?  Can't hear you over my freedom of speech -Blartch

Do not hold the symbol in higher regard than the freedom it represents. -DaBombV

fluffyteddy763 #13 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5673 battles
  • [DRSI4]

View Postjkwon126, on 10 August 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

You might want to re-read question 4 yourself and what followed it.

Excuse me? I said in question 4 if I could make it to 60% without seal clubbing,  period. Where did you get the idea that made you say that I'm going to seal club to get to 60? I'm trying to get to 60% by playing only mid-high tiers (tier 6-8)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users