COLLABORATION WITH WARHAMMER 40,000!

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

4sfield #141 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:54 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 29102 battles
  • [-1]
  I hate anime. I hate [edited] cartoon tanks and I hate the fact that it doesn't matter what anyone says. Resistance is futile, we're done here.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

CrimsonJaeger #142 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:59 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8433 battles

View PostBluesAllDay, on 14 August 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

While I'm glad you didn't collaborate with Angry Birds please tell me there are no plans of using banana peals as a weapon in the foreseeable future.

No, we just get Space Elf tanks. Space Elves. Every time I read that I cringe. I had to go look up this warhammer thing. I'm sure it's a deep and much loved franchise. I also see it has games spanning several genres and several companies. If I wanted to play games with this theme, there are plenty. This is not what I play blitz for.

Chariot_Solace #143 Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:08 AM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 30629 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 15 August 2017 - 04:14 AM, said:

I have to echo the other players who love this game for whatever historicity it has, and warn you to not mess with the formula that draws adults to this game with their wallets. 

I can tolerate spare parts and the odd Edelweiss - but drop too much of this fantasy nonsense in the game and we will take our presence and money elsewhere. 

Uh oh. When even reluctanttheist says it's getting bad....It's really getting bad. We're telling you WG, this is a slippery slope you find yourself on. Abortion is the best plan of action here.

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus, Grille. Lines I'm Grinding: IS7(IX), STB-1(VIII), AMX50B(IX), 121(VIII), 113(VIII), FV215B(VII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To, Chi-Nu, LeKPz M41 90mm, AMX 50-100, Sturer Emil, Pz Sfl IV C, Type 58, Panzer IV Anko, Nashorn, BT-SV, Panzerjager I, chIS-2, WZ-110, Type T-34, T-34-1, BDR G1B, Sherman V, Chieftain/T95, Pz IV Hydrostat, STRV 74A2, IS-2 Berlin, Kuro Mori Mine, M6A2E1, Panzer IV S, T-44-100, Black Prince, AC IV Sentinel, SU85i

4sfield #144 Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:39 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 29102 battles
  • [-1]
  Apparently Russia doesn't understand the old American adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." They keep monkeying with stuff that was working fine and adding content that isn't needed. There was nothing wrong with the game pre-3.8. How stupid can you continue to be and still stay alive as a business?

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

WipWapJaws #145 Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:08 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 40918 battles
  • [WKD]

View Post4sfield, on 15 August 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Apparently Russia doesn't understand the old American adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." They keep monkeying with stuff that was working fine and adding content that isn't needed. There was nothing wrong with the game pre-3.8. How stupid can you continue to be and still stay alive as a business?

I don't mind the tweaks and most of the changes, and even the fantasy tanks, I just wish they would realease real or paper tanks more often and then occasionally a fantasy tank. Just seems atm it is more anime and collaboration with some Japanese artist tanks that get released.  Then when it is a 'real' tank for sale it is often just a tank that was sold previously 

bloodjackal #146 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:49 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19362 battles
  • [CHRM]

This just leaves one question. 

When do i get my verfolger?

I'd even settle for a ZPH-4A. 

"Bring orn the nukes" - paul parkey

I wouldn't say I'm violent. I'd say I'm rather vicious personality wise. 

"SERB76 noted that you are an EFFECTIVE PLAYER" yeah I'll take that. 

MaXSty1er #147 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Post4sfield, on 15 August 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

I hate anime. I hate [edited] cartoon tanks and I hate the fact that it doesn't matter what anyone says. Resistance is futile, we're done here.

I understand your opinion. But trust me there are a lot of people who are happy to get some "not historical" tanks.

That's a normal situation when people who are angry write on forum much more than people who love such tanks. That's why you think that "fantasy tanks" are not popular  but they are.

__Boomer2__ #148 Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15616 battles
  • [501RV]

View PostMaXSty1er, on 15 August 2017 - 03:59 AM, said:

I understand your opinion. But trust me there are a lot of people who are happy to get some "not historical" tanks.

That's a normal situation when people who are angry write on forum much more than people who love such tanks. That's why you think that "fantasy tanks" are not popular  but they are.

Then create a separate queue for these "tanks."  I'm sick of these ugly things crowding the matches.  You did it for controls and Supremacy, shouldn't be hard to keep fantasy away from history.

Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4, T110E5, Maus, T57

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

^YouTube Channel^

View PostASensationalAsian, on 27 July 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Anyone who drives a 183 please commit die.

Chariot_Solace #149 Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:21 AM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 30629 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostMaXSty1er, on 15 August 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Even if that's true, and you guys sell a lot of these things, it still divides the player base. Even insanely popular games can flop when they don't listen to the players. Look what happened with Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. A good amount of their players liked the switch to fantasy warfare, sure. But it was far outweighed by the amount of players that hated it, and the game flopped. So their next release, they had to go back to what drew most of their players to their franchise in the first place. That good old timeless WWII content. There are tons of more realistic tanks that people would love to buy just as much, and selling them wouldn't anger anyone. That's what this game was built on. Selling tanks like these is an unnecessary risk. Popular or not, you still have to listen to your players, or you could drive us away, just like Infinite Warfare did. War Thunder is looking pretty darn good to me at this point.

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus, Grille. Lines I'm Grinding: IS7(IX), STB-1(VIII), AMX50B(IX), 121(VIII), 113(VIII), FV215B(VII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To, Chi-Nu, LeKPz M41 90mm, AMX 50-100, Sturer Emil, Pz Sfl IV C, Type 58, Panzer IV Anko, Nashorn, BT-SV, Panzerjager I, chIS-2, WZ-110, Type T-34, T-34-1, BDR G1B, Sherman V, Chieftain/T95, Pz IV Hydrostat, STRV 74A2, IS-2 Berlin, Kuro Mori Mine, M6A2E1, Panzer IV S, T-44-100, Black Prince, AC IV Sentinel, SU85i

acrisis #150 Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20244 battles
  • [III-X]

There are lots people who like all kinds of games, just like there's lots of people who do not like certain things, don't like crossover.

Does not mean all those kinds of games and their vehicles need to get incorporated into WOTB. 

If there's some A/V genres that you absolutely don't like to see on TV, at the movie theater, ... or music style you don't like to hear?
Do you just blindly accept critical character and genre changes with ... "Trust me you will love this? Do not criticize. "

Those successful products that change their formula and core just fall flat and get cancelled, don't get renewed, etc. 

So, instead of completely brushing off the people who don't like supremacy, who don't like the new equipment system compensation, who don't like military honor and don't like fantasy tanks ... listen to what these paying customers, who invested years and $$$$ are also saying ... instead of the "no, that can't happen"  

Once again:

Are you doing these same partnerships in World of Tanks? Warplanes? Warships? 

When is WG incorporating these space age, intergalactic, interstellar vehicles from 1000 years - 38000 years into the future into them??? 

Just spin off some new product versions WOTF, WOTFB, etc ...  (wot future, wot fantasy, ...) 

Let people play their hybrid, futuristic, ... in another game. 

Edited by acrisis, 15 August 2017 - 12:28 PM.

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
BCC Discord invite | BCC Forum Thread
Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor
2.8 Blitz EconomyGot lag? =>  Pingplotter thread 

CrimsonJaeger #151 Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8433 battles

View PostMaXSty1er, on 15 August 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

WG wouldn't give us modern tanks because they would "unbalance the game" but fantasy tanks from the 41st millennium are just fine? Mind explaining to me how that works exactly? If I wanted to go play warhammer tanks, I would go out and purchase any of the numerous games already featuring that franchise, such as Creative's Warhammer Total War. Or Relic's Dawn of war series. I don't play your title to have space elf tanks running around.

RedBarchetta3 #152 Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

Verified √

• Players
  • 25569 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostMaXSty1er, on 15 August 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

According to http://www.blitzstars.com/toptanks the fantasy tanks (not including anime which were free) are some of the least played tanks overall. Even when filtering out the non-premium tanks, they fall way down on the list (I'll give a pass on the Lupus because it is so new). On wotbstars, the number of players who played more than 50 games in the Fantasy non-anime tanks  was amongst the lowest for Premium tanks. They simply aren't as popular as WG and a small group of people make them out to be.

Edited by RedBarchetta3, 15 August 2017 - 01:05 PM.

I strip away the old debris that hides a shining car, a brilliant red barchetta from a better vanished time

My not so helpful WOTB videos are on YouTube

The problem will solve itself with time.

old_intheway__too_bad_4u #153 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7707 battles

View PostMaXSty1er, on 15 August 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

Hey, it's your game, you will do as you please with it. You will solve your pr disaster with your most (dare I say it?) loyal fanba$e in time.

Augustus_Sohn #154 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:43 PM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13233 battles
  • [III-H]

It appears apparent to me that this is the direction Blitz is going, like it or not.

So when you play Blitz after all these changes, you/we shouldn't be surprised by what we see. That is Blitz now.

SO- Love it, or leave it. 

Those are the options.

__Boomer2__ #155 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15616 battles
  • [501RV]

View PostZIoydd, on 14 August 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

Historical mod - is World of Tanks :)

​Um, dude...we play Blitz because our PCs can't run WoT PC...I know quite a large number of people who have the same "problem" too.

Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4, T110E5, Maus, T57

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

^YouTube Channel^

View PostASensationalAsian, on 27 July 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Anyone who drives a 183 please commit die.

RedBarchetta3 #156 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

Verified √

• Players
  • 25569 battles
  • [DFNT]

View Post__Boomer2__, on 15 August 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

​Um, dude...we play Blitz because our PCs can't run WoT PC...I know quite a large number of people who have the same "problem" too.

I have this "problem", and it won't solve itself with time.

I strip away the old debris that hides a shining car, a brilliant red barchetta from a better vanished time

My not so helpful WOTB videos are on YouTube

The problem will solve itself with time.

CrimsonJaeger #157 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8433 battles

View Post__Boomer2__, on 15 August 2017 - 05:48 AM, said:

View PostRedBarchetta3, on 15 August 2017 - 05:52 AM, said:

I have this "problem", and it won't solve itself with time.

This and this. Rest assured the money that I am squirreling away for a new pc will spur my jump back to WOT just as soon as it is unboxed. I am tired of the fallacious reasoning and garbage excuses thrown out by WG when something like this happens, and the refusal to admit a mistake. I am sick of being treated like a mentally deficient 9 year old who needs to be told what they would or would not like for lunch. Based upon WG's reasoning, I'm sure there are people out there who enjoy looking at midgets in bikini's. It doesn't mean they have a place in blitz or that I want camo patterns based on them.

Blartch #158 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 53042 battles
  • [SPUD]

This thread is exceptionally Marxist

"Here, we make stupid decision. For the people."

People: "But we don't..."

"IS GOOD DECISION.  You will be re-educated."

If any competing game developers with an historical bent are watching, now's a great time to make your play

NateDawg2k16 #159 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

Swedish Mafia Captain

• Players
  • 12913 battles
  • [META]

But World of Tanks Blitz isn't for these [edited]anime tanks. 

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have. 

acrisis #160 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20244 battles
  • [III-X]

Same thing here, have good mac systems but couldn't run WOT PC, with the stupid wrapper.

Blitz worked on great on an iPad3, bought an iPad Air 2, WOTB runs fantastic ...

Invest countless hours & $$$ ...

Then WG starts dragging WOTB through the mud by taking my equipment away, forcing several years of grinds to get the same equipment back, introducing more and more fantasy tanks, ...

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
BCC Discord invite | BCC Forum Thread
Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor
2.8 Blitz EconomyGot lag? =>  Pingplotter thread 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users