• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

Silver_Lions #161 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

Illegitimi non Carborundum

• Players
  • 17453 battles
  • [GHOST]

View PostChariot_Solace, on 15 August 2017 - 06:21 AM, said:

Even if that's true, and you guys sell a lot of these things, it still divides the player base. Even insanely popular games can flop when they don't listen to the players. Look what happened with Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. A good amount of their players liked the switch to fantasy warfare, sure. But it was far outweighed by the amount of players that hated it, and the game flopped. So their next release, they had to go back to what drew most of their players to their franchise in the first place. That good old timeless WWII content. There are tons of more realistic tanks that people would love to buy just as much, and selling them wouldn't anger anyone. That's what this game was built on. Selling tanks like these is an unnecessary risk. Popular or not, you still have to listen to your players, or you could drive us away, just like Infinite Warfare did. War Thunder is looking pretty darn good to me at this point.

Perfect   I would plus one, but I'm out of 'em,  +1ing all the sane Forumers, that are left after 3.8 kill off.......

Money_mann____ #162 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12458 battles
  • [D3TH_]

View PostOle_sniper, on 15 August 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

Only a matter of time before their product would do this too.

Forums a small island in a sea of players, no way anybody would what what the other several thousand players in NA ( let alone RU/EU ) would want. 

Working as Intended, Comrade

Proud owner of the TOG II*

WriterDude #163 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 23047 battles

I'm reminded of my past comments about this.

Wargaming, if you really think there's a market for a fantasy tank game with a bunch of ludicrous ahistorical or future-historical vehicles, create World of Fantasy Tanks Blitz as a SEPARATE PRODUCT. In WoFTB, let people design their own tanks, their own camo, their own everything. Want 11 turrets? WoFTB. Want a gun so big that its recoil knocks you into the harbor at Port Bay? WoFTB. Want a tank that has a massive spike on the front for more effective ramming? WoFTB. Want a tank with a giant lasso so you can rope another tank and winch it in for a face hug? WoFTB.

If you're not going to make a separate game for that silliness, give me a toggle in settings so I never have to see it. Make sure my toggle also omits the Lupus, Edelweiss, Dracula, Helsing, Tankenstein, and so on.

Despite all your best efforts to destroy your game and player base, you have the best tactical tank simulation out there. At some point, you will run out of things to ruin, and people will leave. 

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

Ole_sniper #164 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

Where's The Lamb Sauce, Sosig?

• Players
  • 14633 battles
  • [SPUD]

What if Wargaming is intentionally trying to get rid of Blitz?

I'm actually serious. What if Blitz was supposed to be a test run of sorts, and Wargaming was banking on the big spenders to lose interest 2 years in? 

2015 was when the game started to go downhill, and now it just feels like Wargaming wants to kill off Blitz.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe- Albert Einstein

[SPUD] Campers N' Taters

WriterDude #165 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

• Players
  • 23047 battles

Oh, and remember that the absence of evidence is not the same thing as evidence of absence. When you claim that people love fantasy tanks, ask yourself where you learned that. 

Are you looking at metrics that may be misleading?

Are you asking the wrong question?

Are you asking the wrong audience?

Are you mistaking players for customers?

Are you mistaking silence for enthusiasm?

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

WriterDude #166 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:31 PM

• Players
  • 23047 battles

View PostOle_sniper, on 15 August 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

What if Wargaming is intentionally trying to get rid of Blitz?

I'm actually serious. What if Blitz was supposed to be a test run of sorts, and Wargaming was banking on the big spenders to lose interest 2 years in? 

2015 was when the game started to go downhill, and now it just feels like Wargaming wants to kill off Blitz.

That's an interesting idea. Rather than unplug and alienate people all in a bunch, they want to alienate people in stages so that they leave the game on their own. I'm not sure that's what they're doing, but with each misstep it gets harder to create a convincing counter-argument.

Ole_sniper #167 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:32 PM

• Players
  • 14633 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostWriterDude, on 15 August 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

That's an interesting idea. Rather than unplug and alienate people all in a bunch, they want to alienate people in stages so that they leave the game on their own. I'm not sure that's what they're doing, but with each misstep it gets harder to create a convincing counter-argument.

I'm finding it harder to not believe in this theory, however absurd it may sound, with every update.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe- Albert Einstein

[SPUD] Campers N' Taters

MaroonJ #168 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12230 battles
  • [GS25]
I love this game primarily for the historical and tactical play. Both are being ruined with more updates. I believe this a bad move as well. 

__Boomer2__ #169 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15679 battles
  • [501RV]

View PostZIoydd, on 14 August 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

No. This will not be possible in the game.

I ask you not to criticize this partnership. And You need to look at it as something awesome!

​I ask you to not tell us how to react.  And you need to respect our opinions on the fact we do NOT think its awesome.

Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4, T110E5, Maus, T57

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

^YouTube Channel^

View PostASensationalAsian, on 27 July 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Anyone who drives a 183 please commit die.

ZIoydd #170 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Post__Boomer2__, on 15 August 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

​I ask you to not tell us how to react.  And you need to respect our opinions on the fact we do NOT think its awesome.

Oh :) Give more anger! We would not do this if we did not know that most players like this. It should be understood that the forum is not all the players of the server

zeur0sis #171 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19852 battles
  • [-1]

View PostZIoydd, on 15 August 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

Oh :) Give more anger!

Hmm.    I think that sounds like a challenge. :justwait:

"Mm sucks just like u r face.    Now Go cry on tissue not here." ~ raj

__Boomer2__ #172 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15679 battles
  • [501RV]

View PostZIoydd, on 15 August 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

Oh :) Give more anger! We would not do this if we did not know that most players like this. It should be understood that the forum is not all the players of the server

​Oh really...I'll ask around and report back later.  Something tells me they don't.

^YouTube Channel^

__Boomer2__ #173 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15679 battles
  • [501RV]

View Postzeur0sis, on 15 August 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

Hmm.    I think that sounds like a challenge. :justwait:

​Hehehe, he doesn't know what I'm capable of.

^YouTube Channel^

RedBarchetta3 #174 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

Verified √

• Players
  • 25572 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostZIoydd, on 15 August 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

While it's true that the forums represent a small portion of the player base, what I said in my earlier post does represent the NA server (edit: those who have been searched, but these are for the most part active players). Only a fraction of people use these fantasy tanks.  

View PostRedBarchetta3, on 15 August 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

According to http://www.blitzstars.com/toptanks the fantasy tanks (not including anime which were free) are some of the least played tanks overall. Even when filtering out the non-premium tanks, they fall way down on the list (I'll give a pass on the Lupus because it is so new). On wotbstars, the number of players who played more than 50 games in the Fantasy non-anime tanks  was amongst the lowest for Premium tanks. They simply aren't as popular as WG and a small group of people make them out to be.

How did you determine most players like this? I know you conveniently can't answer that. I've never seen anyone ask for WarHammer tanks to be added to the game - here in the forums, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Discord, TeamSpeak, in-game chat. Where has this been brought up? Thousands of messages to customer support pleading for tanks from 38k years in the future?

That said, this all seems to be falling on deaf ears. It's coming, nothing we can do about it other than delete the game. And from the tone of our community managers WG couldn't care less. 

Edited by RedBarchetta3, 15 August 2017 - 04:14 PM.

I strip away the old debris that hides a shining car, a brilliant red barchetta from a better vanished time

My not so helpful WOTB videos are on YouTube

The problem will solve itself with time.

Ole_sniper #175 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:24 PM

• Players
  • 14633 battles
  • [SPUD]

Well, I guess the party's over, at least for those who care about the core content of WoT.

Salvage whatever you can from this game before these Warhammer 40k "tanks" muck up this game to the point where this game will no longer be World of Tanks Blitz, but will be World of Fantasy Garbage for Tweens.

[SPUD] Campers N' Taters

4sfield #176 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 29303 battles
  • [-1]

View PostMaXSty1er, on 15 August 2017 - 03:59 AM, said:

I understand your opinion. But trust me there are a lot of people who are happy to get some "not historical" tanks.

That's a normal situation when people who are angry write on forum much more than people who love such tanks. That's why you think that "fantasy tanks" are not popular  but they are.

I understand and respect your position but I have no data to back up your statement that "fantasy Tanks"  are popular. I have lots of friends from several countries both here and on several discord servers with various skill sets, the vast majority of which do not frequent the forum. I have never heard any of them tell me that they wished there were more fantasy tanks in the game or that the game needed to be more like WARHAMMER. All of the guys that aren't good yet that I know are only concerned about how to get better, they could care less about what kind of craziness the devs introduce.

We already know how I think, everyone here does. How I and the rest of the guys here think doesn't matter, that's the issue. The driving force behind this collaboration is to bring new players to the game. It isn't about what the majority thinks because it never is. Things change here that hurt the game just for the interest of keeping the weaker players happy that's really all huys like me ever complain about. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

LIGHTS___OUT #177 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

Welcome to the Dark Side

• Players
  • 33652 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostZIoydd, on 15 August 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Is this the same WG logic that brought us 3.8?

_Hav0k #178 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

Professional Löwe Driver

• Players
  • 45109 battles
  • [-ATT-]
Seriously WG... wouldn't it be better if you actually added historical premium tanks? More people would buy it = more money and everyone's happy. Instead of focusing on new stuff, why don't you just give us tanks that are on PC (Pz58 Mutz, M4A1 Rev., etc.). Add arty for all I care, anything is better than this!

"And I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge, my fortress, my God in whom I trust." 

WREAKING HAVOK

RedBarchetta3 #179 Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

Verified √

• Players
  • 25572 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostSpace_Ape_Marksman, on 15 August 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Seriously WG... wouldn't it be better if you actually added historical premium tanks? More people would buy it = more money and everyone's happy. Instead of focusing on new stuff, why don't you just give us tanks that are on PC (Pz58 Mutz, M4A1 Rev., etc.). Add arty for all I care, anything is better than this!

HAH! We're getting to a point where even arty is starting to look good. At least it isn't so random and irrelevant. I never even heard of Warhammer before, my gamer kids don't even know what it is. 

I strip away the old debris that hides a shining car, a brilliant red barchetta from a better vanished time

My not so helpful WOTB videos are on YouTube

The problem will solve itself with time.

r4zrbl4de #180 Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

Camo Fetish

• Players
  • 14257 battles

View PostZIoydd, on 15 August 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

I understand these things make a ton of money for you because a large chunk of players don't care about the social aspect of the game and just want what they think is a pay to win tank, but you are absolutely ruining it for the players who matter. You do realize you've driven away a majority of the players who have been playing since 2014? I'm talking the veterans, loyal paying players who supported you for so long. There are so many names I never see any more on the forums, but instead, I see more of this crap.

You don't care whatsoever about your playerbase. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users