• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

WipWapJaws #221 Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:41 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 40918 battles
  • [WKD]

View Postplayer39364645, on 16 August 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

The delusions expressed in this thread are remarkable.

I work for a major corporation.   Our one and only function is to make as much money as fast as we possibly can.  This is how all corporations function, and it's how wargaming functions.

The idea that a unicums opinion is more important than anyone elses, is laughable.   How well you play the game is irrelevant.

How much money you spend on the game is tthe one and only thing that matters.

They don't care that you want the game to be a world war 2 simulator.   It never was, and it's not ever going to be.

This collaboration is going to make wargaming a pile of money.

And they will continue to do anything and everything they can to make more piles of money.

That's how corporations work.

Way to go Captain Obvious......

They maybe a large corporation but time and time again their communications team just gets it so wrong.  I have offered to come help them (for the right money) because they just keep making simple and stupid mistakes.

Chariot_Solace #222 Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:43 AM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 30629 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Postplayer39364645, on 15 August 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

I work for a major corporation.   Our one and only function is to make as much money as fast as we possibly can.  This is how all corporations function, and it's how wargaming functions.

The idea that a unicums opinion is more important than anyone elses, is laughable.   How well you play the game is irrelevant.

How much money you spend on the game is tthe one and only thing that matters.

They don't care that you want the game to be a world war 2 simulator.   It never was, and it's not ever going to be.

This collaboration is going to make wargaming a pile of money.

And they will continue to do anything and everything they can to make more piles of money.

Are you saying corporations never screw up or fail as a result of bad decisions in pursuit of money? I hate to break it to you, but they do.

Edited by Chariot_Solace, 16 August 2017 - 12:45 AM.

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus, Grille. Lines I'm Grinding: IS7(IX), STB-1(VIII), AMX50B(IX), 121(VIII), 113(VIII), FV215B(VII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To, Chi-Nu, LeKPz M41 90mm, AMX 50-100, Sturer Emil, Pz Sfl IV C, Type 58, Panzer IV Anko, Nashorn, BT-SV, Panzerjager I, chIS-2, WZ-110, Type T-34, T-34-1, BDR G1B, Sherman V, Chieftain/T95, Pz IV Hydrostat, STRV 74A2, IS-2 Berlin, Kuro Mori Mine, M6A2E1, Panzer IV S, T-44-100, Black Prince, AC IV Sentinel, SU85i

WriterDude #223 Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:43 AM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 23047 battles

View Postplayer39364645, on 15 August 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Humans are aspirational. We visualize that something could be a certain way. Then we describe that way. Then we encourage others to seek out that way with us. We see corn, think it could be something more, and make corn flakes, corn tortillas, corn meal, and tamales.

On the other hand, monkeys look at what's there, shrug, and think it's all it's ever going to be. I encourage you not to limit yourself to that.

Comments here are not delusion. They're advocacy. That's how people work.

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

4sfield #224 Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:45 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 29102 battles
  • [-1]

View PostWriterDude, on 15 August 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

Humans are aspirational. We visualize that something could be a certain way. Then we describe that way. Then we encourage others to seek out that way with us. We see corn, think it could be something more, and make corn flakes, corn tortillas, corn meal, and tamales.

On the other hand, monkeys look at what's there, shrug, and think it's all it's ever going to be. I encourage you not to limit yourself to that.

Comments here are not delusion. They're advocacy. That's how people work.

Post of the day, +1.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

DerpytrollerZ #225 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8710 battles
  • [TYPHN]
Here's the game, here's the trash can, i assume you know the procedure?

F*** WG am i right?

VikkoTheTusken #226 Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:01 AM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 19226 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostMaXSty1er, on 15 August 2017 - 03:59 AM, said:

That's why you think that "fantasy tanks" are not popular  but they are.

I'm confident you have access to metrics that suggest they are. 

They're not.

This game and its cross-platform cousins are not marketed as a fantasy tank shooters. As persistent as you and your colleagues are with the direction the game is going, be prepared for the adults to leave and the children left behind for you to babysit on this forum. You lot better start shining your ban hammers now before these juveniles start arguing over whose waifu is more attractive in the General Discussion thread.

Edited by VikkoTheTusken, 16 August 2017 - 04:01 AM.

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

My presence here on the forums is over. You can find me at the links above and on various Discord servers. If you're curious or feel like trolling, peruse [This Thread]

RudeErik #227 Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:24 AM

Private

• Players
  • 20205 battles
  • [SSV0A]

Please! WoT Blitz, no fantasy games.  I've only invested a few hundred dollars into WoT Blitz, but won't continue with fantasy bologna.  There are enough fantasy games out there for "those" type of players, and they can have them.  I realize the tanks that are currently available aren't exactly "historical" (i.e. U.S. Hellcat comes to mind; having an actual top speed of 80+km/h [50+mph], not the 65 km/h [40mph] this game offers), but are close enough to give an historical bent to the game.

Please! No fantasy bologna!!

erik

Randimoon #228 Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:39 AM

501 Family Executioner

• Players
  • 19681 battles
  • [501DV]

View PostZIoydd, on 15 August 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

I respect each of you and i respect your opinion. But Warhammer, Sega and other it's global cooperation, which very important for WG. 

You may be unhappy, but this will not change anything in this situation. 

Your opinion is still very important to me and when we speak about game feature, i collect your posts and discuss with our developer about your feedback.

early i collected feddb only on RU, but i can collect feedback from all regions now.

Many staff members before you have said the exact same thing; "we hear what you are saying and are collecting it in order to pass it on to the developers." Having to fend off hundreds of Forum members is no easy task, and I commend you and Max for picking up where DogFace and Sly left off. 

However, regardless of who continues to collect our feedback, there is one glaring consistency. WE ARE NOT LISTENED TO. You could argue that we here on the Forum are a small portion of the community, and you are correct.... but unless you spoke to at least half of the other players, there is no way you can say if we do or do not want something. 

The BCC did the work for 3.8 and showed you why Spare Parts would be more harmful than helpful to us as players. They advocated for you to not change our credit economy in 2.8, with those figures as well. So, to you I propose a challenge. 

Show us the figures. Give us the data. PROVE to this community why we should trust you, because up till now NOTHING has been accomplished on WG's end for us as players. Or, even better, allow us to speak with one of the developers here, on our territory. Let them see first hand how we think of their ideas. Let us see one of the shadows behind the machine, prove they exist and care about their community. 

Otherwise, many people will be through with Blitz, and not just on this server. o7

Edited by TShades, 16 August 2017 - 06:41 AM.

Grinding: AMX 50 100, AMX 38, Jackson, T49

Forgetting About Stats & Playing For Community and Fun

onezee #229 Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4213 battles
  • [J2512]

I'm sick and tired of seeing this game turned into some [edited]"arcade tank game". I want to see some WW2 authenticity. That's what I came for. Not these fantasy tanks to make WG money from kids who actually buy them. Ahhhh whatever...back to grinding

:P

DrFerd #230 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

Certified BlitzWeather Forecaster

• Players
  • 36530 battles
  • [III-S]

So, it comes to this, dear new overlords... What happened to yesterdays Jagero themed comic entry? Its gone, thats what. Not "moderated", not deleted with the skeleton entry remaining as a warning, but black-holed like it was never there, and all quotes that went with it. But we remember it, and the context it was there for, and we still think it was spot on and pretty darned funny.

This new quirk in forum management seems to remind me of something. I can't recall exactly. Something from quite a while ago, in a bygone era. Anyway, Ill quit Staling and get on with something else then.

YouTube & Blog  https://ferdsquad.com 

Three60Mafia #231 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13070 battles
  • [FLOOP]

View Postonezee, on 16 August 2017 - 02:40 AM, said:

I'm sick and tired of seeing this game turned into some [edited]"arcade tank game". I want to see some WW2 authenticity. That's what I came for. Not these fantasy tanks to make WG money from kids who actually buy them. Ahhhh whatever...back to grinding

:P

WarThunder is that way ->

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

WriterDude #232 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:50 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 23047 battles

View PostDrFerd, on 16 August 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

So, it comes to this, dear new overlords... What happened to yesterdays Jagero themed comic entry? Its gone, thats what. Not "moderated", not deleted with the skeleton entry remaining as a warning, but black-holed like it was never there, and all quotes that went with it. But we remember it, and the context it was there for, and we still think it was spot on and pretty darned funny.

This new quirk in forum management seems to remind me of something. I can't recall exactly. Something from quite a while ago, in a bygone era. Anyway, Ill quit Staling and get on with something else then.

Out of upvotes, quoted for truth.

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

michaeltsoon #233 Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 29490 battles
  • [HATED]

Current Data Analyst and Certified Gold Noob of [HATED] - Hated for a reason.

Founder of [PZ3] - Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left" - Bertrand Russell 

Click here to view my stats

Kevin_Thebeast #234 Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20762 battles
  • [HORN]
I have no idea what I expected when I logged on today, but this sure wasn't it.

olddatsunfan #235 Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33549 battles
  • [-CFR-]
Personally, I have no control over what WG does, I can either accept it or not.  However, if WG is not placing product forward that I would enjoy spending money on, I won't.  The last vehicle I purchased was the T-34-85 Victory ...  That appealed to me.  The newer stuff, no thanks, I can't feel the love for them so I won't purchase them ...  I'm the customer, I get to decide ...

Edited by olddatsunfan, 16 August 2017 - 09:52 PM.

SpartacusDiablo #236 Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 17089 battles
  • [III-P]

View Postolddatsunfan, on 16 August 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Personally, I have no control over what WG does, I can either accept it or not.  However, if WG is not placing product forward that I would enjoy spending money on, I won't.  The last vehicle I purchased was the T-34-85 Victory ...  That appealed to me.  The newer stuff, no thanks, I can't feel the love for them so I won't purchase them ...  I'm the customer, I get to decide ...

I caved and bought the Cromwell B... Oh it is just so good. 

Good players take RNG and MM into account when they make decisions in game.  They take what the game gives them and more often then not win in the end.  Bad players on the other hand come to the forum and whine because they are unable to adjust their playstyle to deal with the hand they have been dealt.  Don't be a bad player.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

olddatsunfan #237 Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33549 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 16 August 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

I caved and bought the Cromwell B... Oh it is just so good. 

Heh, I would have too, but, I already have it so I didn't have to cave!  As I have said, give me a product I like and I'll decide wether or not to buy ...  

zeur0sis #238 Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18976 battles
  • [-1]
Some things just don't mix well together.        Think of it this way.    I love Cheerios, and I love beer.   But don't you go pouring beer in my Cher...    wait a minute.  Nvm 

"Mm sucks just like u r face.    Now Go cry on tissue not here." ~ raj

Delta256 #239 Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10012 battles
  • [IMPR]
I don't even care anymore, I wanna drive a Leman Russ. The game's never had an ounce of historical accuracy anyway, so I dunno why people are so bent outta shape. People seem to be raging for the sake of raging.

I sometimes drive Warships too.

Chariot_Solace #240 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:12 AM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 30629 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostZIoydd, on 14 August 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

No. This will not be possible in the game.

I ask you not to criticize this partnership. And You need to look at it as something awesome!

Since you already shot down the "No Fantasy Tanks" option in the settings menu how about this? In order to not exclusively alienate the players that bought fantasy tanks, which is why I assume you said no, you introduce "Same Era Mode". Put it right next to "Same Control Mode" in the settings. When it is enabled, WWII tanks fight WWII tanks, post-war tanks fight post-war tanks, and fantasy tanks (Hybrid Nation tanks) fight fantasy tanks. This way it's not just the fantasy tanks getting segregated. You could restrict this mode to tiers VI-VIII, since they have the most variety compared to low tiers, and the highest tiers don't have fantasy tanks or enough variety to separate eras anyway. If you're worried about queue waiting times becoming too long, you could have a designated maximum wait time, which at that point the match maker disregards the "Same Era Mode" filter and throws you into the first match available. It is unlikely that the match maker would need to resort to this maximum waiting time feature since many (if not most) players wouldn't even use "Same Era Mode". It is just a safeguard. "Same Control Mode" is very similar and many players don't use it, or aren't even aware of its existence.  So, this mode would not completely remove fantasy tanks from matches where people don't want to see them, BUT, it would reduce the probability of seeing them. The purists are happy, and. the fantasy tankers are barely affected at all. Most of the time, there will be enough players online with "Same Era Mode" disabled, that the fantasy tankers won't even be affected. And when the server population is lower,  in the middle of the night and times like that, their queue times will be slightly longer and that's it. Everyone wins. No one feels completely alienated after spending money with you. A very reasonable compromise in my opinion. I really see no downside at all to this.

Edited by Chariot_Solace, 20 August 2017 - 04:33 AM.

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus, Grille. Lines I'm Grinding: IS7(IX), STB-1(VIII), AMX50B(IX), 121(VIII), 113(VIII), FV215B(VII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To, Chi-Nu, LeKPz M41 90mm, AMX 50-100, Sturer Emil, Pz Sfl IV C, Type 58, Panzer IV Anko, Nashorn, BT-SV, Panzerjager I, chIS-2, WZ-110, Type T-34, T-34-1, BDR G1B, Sherman V, Chieftain/T95, Pz IV Hydrostat, STRV 74A2, IS-2 Berlin, Kuro Mori Mine, M6A2E1, Panzer IV S, T-44-100, Black Prince, AC IV Sentinel, SU85i

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users