New tournament manager introduction

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

RexyComandante #21 Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Post_Kristof, on 16 August 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

Welcome! Tournaments are a blast as always! Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing everyone soon at the offline events.

Do you have any word on dates and or locations for Twister this year? Players need time to get a passport sooner than later if they do not have one. Confirmation that Twister is not in NA or is would be helpful.

When we'll announce it, you'll have time for necessary preparations, don't worry. :)

View Postslayer_____, on 16 August 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

1. I never mentioned not liking the present format. Rotating days give our clan members and numerous other players opportunities to participate. Believe it or not, people here make commitments and family sacrifices on certain days. Just requesting a little variety, that's all. Is rotating tournament days that big of a "change"?

We use fixed days for everyone can plan their participate in tournaments. And we think that's better than rotating days, because you always know, when tournaments will start and you can prepare for that.

ruggs225 #22 Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25846 battles
  • [SPUDX]

The tournaments are fun. However, i think that the woedibg about the rewards needs to change. It is a little misleading. The way it is displayed makes it look like each player gets that reward for winning. It makes the rewards larger than they are. 

While we are talking about rewards, they should also be better. Winning tourneys should give a much better reward than they do now. The group amount should be the amount for each individual. This should also lower the amount of afk teams as people would want to get the better rewards. 

Also the amount of spare parts rewarded is just a sick joke. For a bronze tier tourney a player should get enough SP to equip 1 slot of tier 3 equipment on the highest tier of the tourney. A silver series should provide enough for a tier 3 equipment. A gold series should give 2 tier 3 slots at the very least.  Make the tourneys a good way for people to get SP.

_34 #23 Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:10 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 19549 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostRexyComandante, on 17 August 2017 - 05:57 AM, said:

When we'll announce it, you'll have time for necessary preparations, don't worry. :)

We use fixed days for everyone can plan their participate in tournaments. And we think that's better than rotating days, because you always know, when tournaments will start and you can prepare for that.

What about a tournament every other day? Tuesday>Thursday>Saturday for one week, then Monday>Wednesday>Friday>Sunday the next. With golds on every Sat/Sun tourney?

BlackFire5 #24 Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12377 battles
  • [GRMPS]
Hello and by any chance will you (or other wargaming members) ever make tournaments that are not only clan? I have some friends and we would like to do them together but we are not all in the same clan. Thank you and welcome :)

Please do not call me a noob because i am not an insanely good player. If i wanted to be good I could pay for it

RexyComandante #25 Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Post_34, on 17 August 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

What about a tournament every other day? Tuesday>Thursday>Saturday for one week, then Monday>Wednesday>Friday>Sunday the next. With golds on every Sat/Sun tourney?

View PostBlackFire5, on 17 August 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

Hello and by any chance will you (or other wargaming members) ever make tournaments that are not only clan? I have some friends and we would like to do them together but we are not all in the same clan. Thank you and welcome :)

We're looking on new direction in tournaments, which will available for more players, than it is. Also these tournaments will spend more often.

DerpytrollerZ #26 Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5650 battles
  • [FLEET]

View PostRexyComandante, on 21 August 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

We're looking on new direction in tournaments, which will available for more players, than it is. Also these tournaments will spend more often.

Does available for more players mean that we can use PC for gold tournys?

F*** WG am i right?

ScumbagJuJu #27 Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:58 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 22314 battles
  • [PURPL]

View PostDerpytrollerZ, on 21 August 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

Terrible idea because gold leads to red which leads to offline events where you CAN’T play with a PC. 

mike82198 #28 Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33461 battles
  • [PRAMO]

Hello and welcome!

The map rotation for tier 10 tournaments has been "frozen" for about a month now. We see Castilla, Dead Rail, Canyon, Canal and Fort in every single tournament. Yamato, Vineyards, Mayan Ruins, Middleburg, Falls Creek, Lost Temple, Oasis Palms... nowhere to be seen. Can you switch things around a little bit? It's getting boring. 

Edited by mike82198, 21 August 2017 - 04:19 PM.

Knopka_NA #29 Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostDerpytrollerZ, on 21 August 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Gold series will be available only for touch controls. But we are planning to provide opportunity for PC players to participate in the tournaments more often in the future.

View Postmike82198, on 21 August 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

Hello and welcome!

The map rotation for tier 10 tournaments has been "frozen" for about a month now. We see Castilla, Dead Rail, Canyon, Canal and Fort in every single tournament. Yamato, Vineyards, Mayan Ruins, Middleburg, Falls Creek, Lost Temple, Oasis Palms... nowhere to be seen. Can you switch things around a little bit? It's getting boring. 

We announced maps for August-September. Then we will change the pool of maps for October.

slayer_____ #30 Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 31777 battles
  • [ATA2D]

View PostRexyComandante, on 17 August 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

I'm sure I'm not the only player in Blitz that rotates days off and shifts. Several of our clan members do, that's why I made the suggestion to rotate days. 

Ryanphoenix #31 Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:32 PM

Accredited Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 15797 battles
  • [HEATR]

View PostKnopka_NA, on 22 August 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

Gold series will be available only for touch controls. But we are planning to provide opportunity for PC players to participate in the tournaments more often in the future.

We announced maps for August-September. Then we will change the pool of maps for October.

I know Asia server allows all control type regardless of tourney level. Is this difference due to technical reasons or due to policy?

ryanphoenix_t34_eng.jpeg

Confirmed Wallet warrior and proud M60 owner. (Semi)Reformed Nub

DerpytrollerZ #32 Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5650 battles
  • [FLEET]

View PostKnopka_NA, on 22 August 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

I just want some way to earn gold through PC, i don't care about getting into higher tourneys, i just want my gold.

F*** WG am i right?

Knopka_NA #33 Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostRyanphoenix, on 22 August 2017 - 11:32 PM, said:

I know Asia server allows all control type regardless of tourney level. Is this difference due to technical reasons or due to policy?

Depends of different eSport teams which operate tournaments on different regions for now. Since September rewards and all of regulations will be the same on all regions.

View PostDerpytrollerZ, on 23 August 2017 - 05:29 AM, said:

I just want some way to earn gold through PC, i don't care about getting into higher tourneys, i just want my gold.

I understand you. But these restriction was implemented by reasons. Gold series and Championship tourneys are not the way to win gold only because besides it this is a way to offline-tournaments. For example: your team will win the tournament (won 1st place for example). Accordingly our regulations to offline stage we must invite your team to offline-part. But all of your players (or most of them) play on PC that conflicts with our own rules. Then we must decline your request for participate in the offline part (because teams on offline more then often will play on their own devices). The slot will be moved to the other team. Then other again till we will find a team who can play on personal mobile devices. Does it look sporty when in the offline-part will play the team who won 8 place for example? I think it's not :)

wwing #34 Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:50 AM

Either We Win Or They Do

• Players
  • 29864 battles

View PostKnopka_NA, on 23 August 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Depends of different eSport teams which operate tournaments on different regions for now. Since September rewards and all of regulations will be the same on all regions.

I understand you. But these restriction was implemented by reasons. Gold series and Championship tourneys are not the way to win gold only because besides it this is a way to offline-tournaments. For example: your team will win the tournament (won 1st place for example). Accordingly our regulations to offline stage we must invite your team to offline-part. But all of your players (or most of them) play on PC that conflicts with our own rules. Then we must decline your request for participate in the offline part (because teams on offline more then often will play on their own devices). The slot will be moved to the other team. Then other again till we will find a team who can play on personal mobile devices. Does it look sporty when in the offline-part will play the team who won 8 place for example? I think it's not :)

I have not participated in any tourneys.  Would anyone explain what is "offline"?  How do you play this game offline?

Posit1ve_ #35 Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 28546 battles
  • [IRD]

View Postwwing, on 23 August 2017 - 02:50 AM, said:

I have not participated in any tourneys.  Would anyone explain what is "offline"?  How do you play this game offline?

"Offline" tournaments are tournaments done where all players are in the same room, where they can communicate "offline", usually at WG events like Twister cup

268 tanks in the garage! (Pretty sure only Crusader6 has a larger garage)

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1 

Also a top 100 Autoloader player (top 100 in the AMX 50B, T57, T54E1, AMX 50 120, AMX 50 100)

Ryanphoenix #36 Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:04 PM

• Players
  • 15797 battles
  • [HEATR]
Right, but as far as I'm aware, tier 7/8 will have no offline final tournaments to go to, nor will tier 7/8 be played at the twister cup. I'm just trying to understand why NA won't allow PC players to play in Gold Series tourneys, but when the same players to to his Asia account, he can play in their Gold Series tourneys on his pc. Sorry to sound repetitive, but you are saying that when September starts y'all will have unified policies regarding devices used for matches across all different levels of tourneys? 

ryanphoenix_t34_eng.jpeg

Knopka_NA #37 Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostPosit1ve_, on 23 August 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

"Offline" tournaments are tournaments done where all players are in the same room, where they can communicate "offline", usually at WG events like Twister cup

Correct.

View PostRyanphoenix, on 23 August 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

I'm just trying to understand why NA won't allow PC players to play in Gold Series tourneys, but when the same players to to his Asia account, he can play in their Gold Series tourneys on his pc.

Asia tournaments now running by other eSports operation team. That's why they may change any rules of tournaments on their region. But anyway to Twister Cup (Qualifiers and offline-stage) will be admitted only players on mobile devices. 

RexyComandante #38 Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostRyanphoenix, on 23 August 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Sorry to sound repetitive, but you are saying that when September starts y'all will have unified policies regarding devices used for matches across all different levels of tourneys? 

It means that tournaments on different regions (NA, RU, ASIA, EU) will be the same. We aren't going to decline difference between the different levels of tournaments.

Knopka_NA #39 Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:29 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostRexyComandante, on 24 August 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

It means that tournaments on different regions (NA, RU, ASIA, EU) will be the same. We aren't going to decline difference between the different levels of tournaments.

Just a little comment: Bronze and Silver series on all of servers will be playing with combined controls and Gold series and Championships will by playing using touch controls only.

Ryanphoenix #40 Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

• Players
  • 15797 battles
  • [HEATR]
Understood and thank you for clearing things up. Still wish our pc players could continue on the devices they are best at, but I understand your reasoning and appreciate WG responding so quickly and timely. 

ryanphoenix_t34_eng.jpeg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users