auto-aim kbm versus touch

auto-aim balance

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: auto-aim (20 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

what platform has better auto-aim?

1. keyboard/mouse (11 votes [52.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

2. touch (5 votes [23.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

3. I have only seen one platform in action (3 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. They are equal (2 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Is auto-aim on touch broken?

1. Yes, it's so broken I don't use it (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. Yes, it's broken but I try to rely on it sometimes (6 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. No, it works perfectly (12 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Hide poll

_Duncan_Idaho_ #1 Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24753 battles
  • [DUNE_]

auto-aim on kbm = awesome

auto-aim on touch = broken

When the keyboard/mouse version of wotblitz was invented, I took a look and found that the auto-aim feature actually worked. It locks in on a tank and stays there. You can pick a tank to lock to, and it will stay locked to that tank even if it drives behind a hill. It will stay locked until the red tank disappears entirely. This is a very very powerful feature. Maybe it is a good thing and maybe not. What is not a good thing is that auto-aim on touch is complete garbage. It is semi functional at best. It breaks with the slightest bump and gets distracted by hillsides, boxes, other tanks, butterflies, raindrops, friendlies, or just about anything other than the red tank it's supposed to be locked onto. . . this is also not necessarily a good or bad thing. However, what is a very very bad thing is that kbm people and touch people are playing on the same battlefield with such a dramatic difference in capability. It's absurdly unfair for absolutely no good reason (at least not a reason that has actually been stated by WG)

So, WG, exactly why is it you can make a perfect auto-aim function on a Windows and Mac platform but you cannot make it on a mobile platform? Is this a result of a lack of capability in mobile coders? or a lack of desire to fix the problem? or maybe you have some sort of coding savant on your mac and windows coding team? . .  or maybe the auto-aim feature on blitz-pc was borrowed from code in WOT-pc??? . . . I think that sounds the most plausible, but it doesn't make it any less annoying. What would make it less annoying is an explanation, hence this post in a feedback forum.

Edited by _Duncan_Idaho_, 31 August 2017 - 02:43 PM.

SpartacusDiablo #2 Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8187 battles
  • [SPUD]

Auto aim on mobile is fine. The ability to auto aim on a particular point of an enemy tank is far better than the KB/M system that automatically locks on to center mass.

Also your poll is broken. Question 1 does not give a "they are equal" option.

Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 31 August 2017 - 02:35 PM.

Spud Bud platoon Gud

​#FixTheFury

Ruby_Rose_ #3 Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8773 battles
  • [FLEET]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 31 August 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

Auto aim on mobile is fine. The ability to auto aim on a particular point of an enemy tank is far better than the KB/M system that automatically locks on to center mass.

Also your poll is broken. Question 1 does not give a "they are equal" option.

Plox

Made by Panbun

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is

like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian."
Want a RWBY signature?
Here

Clan Recruitment: Here    Discord:   FLEET   ARMDA

_Duncan_Idaho_ #4 Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24753 battles
  • [DUNE_]
I added an "equal" item to the poll. I have tried and observed auto-aim on kbm and it is never disturbed by objects or terrain and always recanters on it's target after movement (of the aiming tank) causes the barrel to bounce or something like that. On touch, my auto-aim literally bounces all over the place and is disturbed by any object or hillside anywhere near the red tank. IMHO, it would only work at all if I were in a perfectly flat environment with no other objects around. . . that said, I have settled on using auto-aim in normal view and not in sniper view. The difference between the two platforms is dramatic from what I have witnessed, so I didn't think I would need an "equal" answer, but I added it to be fair to those who believe it is.

tanker_sniper50 #5 Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

• Players
  • 13275 battles
  • [STORM]

This topic has been brought up so many times it's not funny...

PC=hard to get it to lock on and only locks onto center mass, good for CoDing tanks and not much else.

Mobile=locks onto where you choose, which makes it good for peek a boom and hitting weakspots.

​"There is no hunting like the hunting of tanks, and those

who have hunted armored tanks long enough and liked it,

never care for anything else thereafter." Some Random Skrub

YuvBnJudged #6 Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5398 battles
  • [WHC]
Just another person looking for an excuse as to why they can’t play or be competitive. Let’s cry some more about kbm players vs touch players.
1011700835.png

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #7 Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4984 battles
  • [COD-X]
Aiming on KBM is already so much more accurate than on touchscreen. I don't feel like it should be given an overpowered autoaim. In fact, I think autoaim should be completely removed from KBM. Just my opinion from my experience.

Google "succulent chins" and click on the first result. It will be very much worth your time! Some satisfied customers:

"T'was worth the read, but I shall never read it again. You have amazing writing skills, though. Teach me how to writeeeeee!" -you happy now?!?! HUH!?!?

"lol, googled succulent chins. It was worth it"

"10/10 wouldn't read again"

RTBRay #8 Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9099 battles
  • [RORE]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 31 August 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Aiming on KBM is already so much more accurate than on touchscreen. I don't feel like it should be given an overpowered autoaim. In fact, I think autoaim should be completely removed from KBM. Just my opinion from my experience.

​actually I play kb/m and I can second this.

I am much better when I am not using auto aim, a lot of the time I use it when I am in a fast tank, or just being lazy, but you can hit modules much better without it.

if it were removed from kb/m kb/m players would be more likely to aim at modules instead of being lazy and using auto aim.

This is a game,  enjoy it, and stop panicking. 

Posit1ve_ #9 Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 28546 battles
  • [IRD]

View Posttanker_sniper50, on 31 August 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

PC=hard to get it to lock on and only locks onto center mass, good for CoDing tanks and not much else.

Mobile=locks onto where you choose, which makes it good for peek a boom and hitting weakspots.

Actually, PC locks on much easier than mobile. The only reason why mobile auto-aim "locks" on where you choose is because it's needed to compensate for the fact that mobile users can't drive, aim and shoot simultaneously. You have to temporarily stop doing one thing to do another. Mobile auto aim is little more than a crutch, and it's actually rather unreliable

PC auto aim is more of a luxury, and I use it quite often. It's good for CoD, running away, snapping your turret onto a target whilst looking somewhere else, etc...

268 tanks in the garage! (Pretty sure only Crusader6 has a larger garage)

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1 

Also a top 100 Autoloader player (top 100 in the AMX 50B, T57, T54E1, AMX 50 120, AMX 50 100)

Ruby_Rose_ #10 Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8773 battles
  • [FLEET]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 31 August 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

Actually, PC locks on much easier than mobile. The only reason why mobile auto-aim "locks" on where you choose is because it's needed to compensate for the fact that mobile users can't drive, aim and shoot simultaneously. You have to temporarily stop doing one thing to do another. Mobile auto aim is little more than a crutch, and it's actually rather unreliable

PC auto aim is more of a luxury, and I use it quite often. It's good for CoD, running away, snapping your turret onto a target whilst looking somewhere else, etc...

Yehp

Made by Panbun

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is

like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian."
Want a RWBY signature?
Here

Clan Recruitment: Here    Discord:   FLEET   ARMDA

SoccerDragon10 #11 Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 48429 battles
  • [AVNGR]
It's actually pretty sad that anyone would like auto aim. So you play a game in which you want the system/server to play for you. What's the point of playing?...so you can claim to have 'good stats' that the system/server is actually doing for you. Auto aim should be removed either at a specific tier or after a certain number of battles once you 'get your sea legs'

Edited by SoccerDragon10, 31 August 2017 - 05:14 PM.

DrFerd #12 Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

Certified BlitzWeather Forecaster

• Players
  • 27909 battles
  • [LI-TR]

KMB auto aim is different, not better or worse across the board. The other big advantage it has is that it leads targets quite well, even out to medium range. That makes it very handy for chasing as well as fleeing situations.

Its ridiculously broken OP with missiles. I don't have the 49a and haven't tried, but the videos I've seem are pretty predictable if you understand how the lock-on works. On this note, how many covered positions (directly above) are there in the game? The caves on Goldville, and a couple wrecked buildings on Flatcrappydorf. Others? Other than that KBM/MissileDerp drivers can rain death from above almost at will. Its just outrageous that WG didn't consider that aspect to the functionality. Fun and entertaining for sure, but like a bunch of other "features" could probably go into MM queues of their own. 

Edited by DrFerd, 31 August 2017 - 05:15 PM.

YouTube & Blog  https://ferdsquad.com 

Mr_Turtle001 #13 Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1045 battles
  • [GCX2]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 31 August 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

I agree on that

_Duncan_Idaho_ #14 Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24753 battles
  • [DUNE_]

View PostYuvBnJudged, on 31 August 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

Just another person looking for an excuse as to why they can’t play or be competitive. Let’s cry some more about kbm players vs touch players.

I didn't say anything about my stats being damaged by this problem or about me being ineffective. I simply said that there is a dramatic difference in the way auto-aim works. tanker_sniper50 offers more useful feedback (rather than just trolling criticism). I've been trying to use auto-aim for close to mid range brawling on touch and based on his statement, it seems I should not be doing that, but rather should rely on touch based auto-aim for peek-a-boom.

However, no responses so far address why exactly the difference exists at all. We are all playing on the same battlefield so why are the features so different? IS that WG's way of offering us variety with some intentionality or is it just happenstance due to them lifting code from WOTPC for the kbm version of blitz? . . . most likely something else entirely that hasn't even occurred to me.

Yes, this issue has been beaten to death over and over again. However, the issue still persists and no real answers from authoritative sources actually exist. that is what I am looking for and is why this is posted in the feedback section.

SpartacusDiablo #15 Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8187 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostSoccerDragon10, on 31 August 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

It's actually pretty sad that anyone would like auto aim. So you play a game in which you want the system/server to play for you. What's the point of playing?...so you can claim to have 'good stats' that the system/server is actually doing for you. Auto aim should be removed either at a specific tier or after a certain number of battles once you 'get your sea legs'

You are one player trying to play the role of multiple crew members in a tank. The autoaim function is simply you (the commander) telling your Gunner to track a target.  Autoaim is a tool that is available to all players. You would be foolish to not use it in circumstances where it would be beneficial. 

Spud Bud platoon Gud

​#FixTheFury

Baranov #16 Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 20834 battles
  • [7AMRD]

View PostYuvBnJudged, on 31 August 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

YuvBnJudged,

Awesome!! Way to see his point of view!!!  Given that empathy for others is one of the signs of both adulthood AND civilized societies, I'm assuming you're...let's see...like, 5 years old, and living in a remote village DEEP in the Amazon? You rock!!!

B. (a PC player who often whines about interface frustrations).

reluctanttheist #17 Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 17827 battles
  • [III-H]
I play on both - a lot.  PC aim is all manual.  I rarely use auto-aim because it doesn't hit weak spots - it's only center of mass.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

SoccerDragon10 #18 Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 48429 battles
  • [AVNGR]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 31 August 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

You are one player trying to play the role of multiple crew members in a tank. The autoaim function is simply you (the commander) telling your Gunner to track a target.  Autoaim is a tool that is available to all players. You would be foolish to not use it in circumstances where it would be beneficial. 

I bet you sim games on Madden and claim skill there too. Letting the computer play for you only pads your stats and has nothing to do with your ability, which essentially is what your admitting. Taking yourself out of the game to guard your stats seems silly. If driving and shooting is too complicated then maybe another game might be more appropriate.

SpartacusDiablo #19 Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8187 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostSoccerDragon10, on 31 August 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

I bet you sim games on Madden and claim skill there too. Letting the computer play for you only pads your stats and has nothing to do with your ability, which essentially is what your admitting. Taking yourself out of the game to guard your stats seems silly. If driving and shooting is too complicated then maybe another game might be more appropriate.

That is a false argument.  Autoaim is a tool for all players to use as they fit.  To not use it out of some misguided sense of "skill" is doing a disservice to you as well as your team.  If autoaim is applicable I will use it. In the same way that I would use a palm sander in place of sandpaper. I'll use the best tool to get the job done as quickly as possible.  

For the record since you seem so concerned about my stats I rarely use autoaim. I'd much rather aim for a weak spot instead of the center of mass on a target. The only exception would be in a fast moving circle of death.  

Spud Bud platoon Gud

​#FixTheFury

tpcshadow #20 Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21407 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Posttanker_sniper50, on 31 August 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

Watch this (and read the video description) and tell me about how they're equal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users