M6a2e1 worth it?

M6a2e1 tier 7 heavy usa Worth it?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

dorian666gray #21 Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:05 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24428 battles
Update: this tank is pure crap. I’ve never come this close to rage-selling a premium so soon. It’s possible I suffer from perpetual lag but the gun just can’t seem to connect with anything. The armor is easily melted by other tier viis spamming pramo and is no match at all for tier viii tanks. It doesn’t have preferred mm and so is constantly going up against an endless stream of IS spam. $20 wasted. 

Edited by dorian666gray, 22 July 2018 - 01:05 AM.

DikkerDallas #22 Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 39319 battles
  • [_UF_]

The M6A2E1 is a very solid performer.  I play it a lot like the Tiger P, hiding those weak sides and only presenting the very strong frontal armor.  Be on the lookout for buildings or rocks to cover those huge, soft sides.  Do not chance moving from cover if you know there's a 152mm pointed in your direction.  They WILL pen your sides for full damage. 

Always be moving and wiggling your hull and turret and you'll frustrate the reds and bounce shots all day.  

The gun feels a bit... Russian.  Nothing like the Tiger P, here.  You need the equipment to improve your aim as much as possible to make every shot count.  During the reload keep peeking and wiggling to lure shots.  You'll dish out decent damage, but most importantly keep the reds attention.

dorian666gray #23 Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:04 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24428 battles

^funny...we were just on a team together a couple hours ago. I remembered your rather bizarre name. I looked it up; we won 7-0. I did second most damage while driving the M6A2E1. 

Good description of how to drive this tank 

TheBossSEAN #24 Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:01 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 43 battles
  • [-KYS-]

View Postdorian666gray, on 21 July 2018 - 06:06 AM, said:

Just bought this. Fun tank. Only have 15 games in it. Tier vii and viii are pure trash right now. At least one afk in my last three games. Otherwise, I’m having fun trying to find hull-down spots and bounce everything. 

View Postdorian666gray, on 22 July 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

Update: this tank is pure crap. I’ve never come this close to rage-selling a premium so soon. It’s possible I suffer from perpetual lag but the gun just can’t seem to connect with anything. The armor is easily melted by other tier viis spamming pramo and is no match at all for tier viii tanks. It doesn’t have preferred mm and so is constantly going up against an endless stream of IS spam. $20 wasted. 

lol mr.rage quit

SEAN-THE YOLOING CHICKEN WHO LIKES "TURTELS" THIS IS MIEN REROLL;MAIN CommanderSean_2014 (na) | BlitzStars.com

*I'm *Taiwanese* so pls forgive my crappy English* {click on pic for enlarged pic}  

FREE ARMOR INSPECTOR AT:Knowledge database for World of Tanks Blitz – Blitz Hangar                                 

GreyGnome #25 Posted 30 September 2018 - 03:50 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4504 battles

View PostDikc_Dallas, on 23 July 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

The M6A2E1 is a very solid performer.  I play it a lot like the Tiger P, hiding those weak sides and only presenting the very strong frontal armor.  Be on the lookout for buildings or rocks to cover those huge, soft sides.  Do not chance moving from cover if you know there's a 152mm pointed in your direction.  They WILL pen your sides for full damage. 

Always be moving and wiggling your hull and turret and you'll frustrate the reds and bounce shots all day.  

The gun feels a bit... Russian.  Nothing like the Tiger P, here.  You need the equipment to improve your aim as much as possible to make every shot count.  During the reload keep peeking and wiggling to lure shots.  You'll dish out decent damage, but most importantly keep the reds attention.

This is spot on! I actually got this tank from a huge container- free!- and thought I'd give it a try. I remember what trouble I had had against this tank, so I was curious to try it.

Your opponents have GOT to try and get to your sides in order to pen (tier 8 is the exception). Otherwise, you're bouncing shots all day long!

This tank is great on the mining map where you peek over the rise and slug it out... guys were taking bouncing shots at my turret while my teammates were chewing them down. It was hilarious.

The danger is that if you're in a game with a lot of Tier 8 tanks, those guys have much better luck penetrating even your turret front. So be cautious in a game when you're the low tank on the totem pole. But when you're the top dog, this one is a lot of fun.

It's slow as a snail, and turns slow too. But not so badly when you turn your hull and turret at the same time. I've had speedy little tanks pretend that I'm a TD, try and get behind me. A little backwards turn and my butt against a rock... BOOM goes the little scouty tank! While their shots go "plink, plink, plink" against my gun mantlet.

BTW I do get my fair share of track, viewfinder, and gun damage even when they don't pen; I'm guessing that's a downside to this tank. But with everyone shooting and bouncing, this fragility hasn't seemed to change the machine much. The gun is slow to load anyway, and pen is not the greatest.

I was the last tank in a game and had a KV1s and somebody else up against me (a British type, I think). I backed up so as to keep my front facing them both- as others have said, it's dangerous exposing your wimpy little sides to an enemy so a 2-on-1 means you're dead- and I got 4 shots in, 2 on each, for the win. It was pretty fun- I'd never seen so many bounces in my WOT career!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users