BCC Missile Event Feedback Poll

#bbc #missile event #Blitz

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Missile Event (119 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Did you compete in the event?

1. Yes (109 votes [91.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 91.60%

2. No (did not play, or played tier 4 or below during event) (10 votes [8.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.40%

Did you enjoy the event compared to previous Blitz Events?

1. Strong Yes (18 votes [15.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.13%

2. Yes (34 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. Neutral, it had it's up's and downs (37 votes [31.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.09%

4. Not Really (18 votes [15.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.13%

5. Disliked it Greatly (12 votes [10.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.08%

Did you feel the Event was weighted correctly for tiers?

1. Strong Yes (9 votes [7.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.56%

2. Yes (42 votes [35.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

3. Neutral (22 votes [18.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.49%

4. Not Realy (33 votes [27.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.73%

5. Not Even Close (13 votes [10.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.92%

If you played in the event, do you feel you needed to adjust your play style drastically or saw a drastic change in play styles in game?

1. Yes (35 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. Yes, but not that drastically (51 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. Unsure (8 votes [6.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.72%

4. Not Really (19 votes [15.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.97%

5. Not at All (6 votes [5.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.04%

If you played in the event what tiers did you play for the 5 wins?

1. 5 (59 votes [31.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.89%

2. 6 (24 votes [12.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.97%

3. 7 (37 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. 8 (34 votes [18.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.38%

5. 9 (12 votes [6.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.49%

6. 10 (19 votes [10.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.27%

What is your opinion of the T49A?

1. Outrageously OP (at least K/BM players) (69 votes [57.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.98%

2. Good tank, not op unless played very well (35 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

3. Decently Balanced tank (4 votes [3.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.36%

4. Not great, but can be made to work (2 votes [1.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.68%

5. Awful (9 votes [7.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.56%

Vote Hide poll

4sfield #21 Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 23894 battles
  • [CRUEL]

I can believe the majority thinks the tank is OP but it isn't. I think it proves that something needs to be done about camping and passive playstyle. Guys that sit and wait or play defensively from the start need something as a deterrent. This tank does that pretty well. 

The bigger issue is tank balance. The heavies at tier VI -VIII have nothing to fear except the OP TD's and heavies. The 49A made them have to keep an eye on their back sides, force them to think and actually play the game. I like the change the tank brought to the game, everyone just needs to learn to adjust. 

I think to bring better balance to those tiers, the mediums need restored to their original luster. Otherwise it's back to a passive camping playstyle being the best chance at victory and the boredom and monotony continue.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

___ez_e___ #22 Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 48810 battles
  • [SF]

I must be old, because I haven't bothered trying with events since the glacial 112.

I' m just grinding my tanks (French line) and my daily 2x.   If I get some points for the event great for me, if not,   no biggie.

___ez_e___ #23 Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 48810 battles
  • [SF]

View Post4sfield, on 07 September 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

I can believe the majority thinks the tank is OP but it isn't. I think it proves that something needs to be done about camping and passive playstyle. Guys that sit and wait or play defensively from the start need something as a deterrent. This tank does that pretty well. 

The bigger issue is tank balance. The heavies at tier VI -VIII have nothing to fear except the OP TD's and heavies. The 49A made them have to keep an eye on their back sides, force them to think and actually play the game. I like the change the tank brought to the game, everyone just needs to learn to adjust. 

I think to bring better balance to those tiers, the mediums need restored to their original luster. Otherwise it's back to a passive camping playstyle being the best chance at victory and the boredom and monotony continue.

I agree. It's not op.  

If you see it on the enemy team, you do have to adjust for this tank otherwise you pay the similar price as not paying attention to a kv2.

Its about match ups and knowing how to exploit favorable matchups and minimize risk on unfavorable match ups.  

BobboEvans #24 Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

The Society is Real

• Players
  • 36010 battles
  • [501AU]
I can't complain too much.  I was happy to get spares and gold and free XP and plenty of boosters.  I even got the T-15 in one of those twister boxes (not sure if that was part of the event).

My issue with the even was the complete disaster of game play it created.  Between the T-49A's, people blatantly violating the EULA in an effort to get into the top 1000, and the number of unicums running around in tier 5, I had no where to hide from the trash.

I'm not sure these things could be forseen but I think WG needs to take some lessons from this event that shouldn't be implemented in any future event.

Just say 'NO' to Vanity

Tiger_2_Ausf_B #25 Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9370 battles
  • [RUSE]
Event was pure [edited], for PC players they got autoaimed missles that guided to the enemy and did massive amounts of damage, was too OP, glad that it's not a permanent thing

Tiger_2_Ausf_B #26 Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9370 battles
  • [RUSE]

View Post4sfield, on 07 September 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Ok bud, if you call a missile that can shoot around objects, "not OP "then your living under a rock, not only that but the PC players could sit at spawn, aim their cannons at the sky, enable autoaim and always hit the target. It was a self guided missile that would hit the roof of tanks doing 600-800 damage a shot, even sometimes amo racking them. You probably played lower tiers and didn't realize this because if you played tier 7 at all, you would've known that it was rigged.

Edited by Tiger_2_Ausf_B, 07 September 2017 - 08:57 PM.

Demon_King117 #27 Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2158 battles
  • [ANINV]
I really didn't enjoy tier 6-8 because those pesky t49As were in every match I played with those tiers and it started to become frustrating when they would directly take away half of my hp in their first hit.

4sfield #28 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:46 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 23894 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostTiger_2_Ausf_B, on 07 September 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

Ok bud, if you call a missile that can shoot around objects, "not OP "then your living under a rock, not only that but the PC players could sit at spawn, aim their cannons at the sky, enable autoaim and always hit the target. It was a self guided missile that would hit the roof of tanks doing 600-800 damage a shot, even sometimes amo racking them. You probably played lower tiers and didn't realize this because if you played tier 7 at all, you would've known that it was rigged.

I've played the 49A exclusively since I got it, on same control mode and not on PC. I wouldn't post about it if I didn't know about it. I realize that PC players have an advantage with their version of autoaim. That isn't the tank, that's a game mechanic. The tank itself is not OP.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Chariot_Solace #29 Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:38 AM

• Players
  • 14182 battles
  • [SKVLL]

The Tier 5 multiplier was disproportionate. I didn't exploit it though. I ran an HE-able tank at tier 7 believe it or not, (AMX M4 45). Call me crazy but I made the top 1k quite comfortably. But yes. disproportionate. It gave low tier noobs driving OP tanks too big of a boost to compete with players of superior skill. Unfair to many people that didn't make the cut.

The T49A is stupid OP. Not only the arty ability which is meme worthy in itself, but the pen is better than it's big brother a tier higher. wth?? AND - There is a preferential glitch, which is specific to this tank alone on KB/M. When a KB/M player tries to engage auto aim against these things, it doesn't work. It will engage but the reticle aims way off to the side and you will miss your shot if you fire. And it doesn't happen just sometimes, it is every single time. The dam thing is auto aim proof. I submitted video evidence of this on the forums for the mods to see and got no reply. I don't think I've ever been so mad at a glitch in my Blitz career. Worst gameplay ever.

If they are going to have a limited time tank that's fine. But they shouldn't be infesting every match spanning 3 tiers for a month and a half. It's just poor, stale gameplay. They should have shortened the time frame for it, or gave its own game mode like the Mk. I. Come on WG. Seriously.

AND. This event has boosted many a low tier noob to tier 7 when they don't even own a tier 6 after they bought this clown tank with their event currency. More bad gameplay. 

I like the fact that they rewarded the top performing players, but I'm not sure damage was the best way to go. It caused a lot people to play recklessly and hurt their team. More bad gameplay. People have suggested total xp, but that wouldn't be perfect either. There would be a huge advantage to playing supremacy then, and many people, myself included despise supremacy. And people would be raging that the match maker didn't give them enough supremacy battles for their first 5, or none at all. Also meds would be the best class option by far since their mobility lets them cap more bases, and they rack up more spotting damage, and  assisted damage tracking more enemies since they live on the flank and have higher rates of fire allowing them to permatrack much easier. That takes some skill and that's all well and good. I'm just saying it wouldn't have been fair and balanced this way either. I'm not sure how they should have done it, but XP wouldn't have been great either imo.

A trophy tank for the top players is great, and selling the tank on top of that is understandable, but they should have at least kept the camo exclusive to the top 1k  to give them something to distinguish themselves by for their accomplishment.

So, they had the right idea with this event, but it had many shortcomings.

Edit: Whoops. I forgot about the dual account failtoon cheating. That's a big letdown that WG turned a blind eye to that as well. And it's not the first contest that's been plagued by it either. CC_Sly's tank give away contests had their fair share of it going on as well. The easy way to stop that would be to exclude failtoon battles completely from the contest. Besides stopping the cheaters from exploiting this loophole, if it is by rare chance a legitimate match that includes a failtoon, that is advantageous to anyone lucky enough to be high tier in those games. 90% of the time, the -2 tank will be easy damage that other people wouldn't have a chance at getting. So yea. Make failtoon battles ineligible next time WG.

Edited by Chariot_Solace, 08 September 2017 - 08:58 AM.

"Let us conduct ourselves so that all men wish to be our friends, and all fear to be our enemies."

-Alexander The Great

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100. Lines I'm Grinding: Grille(IX), Maus(IX), IS7(VIII), STB-1(VII), AMX50B(VIII) Favorite Tank: E75

Thom_Bomb #30 Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6900 battles
  • [ELIJA]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 07 September 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

We are limited to 6 questions in the Poll -- at one time CC Sly and Cabbage where trying to get that altered, but sadly they are no longer in Blitz.

​Oh ffs. 

Knight350 #31 Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14700 battles
  • [_DX2_]

Sigh...

I write this while looking at my T49 A in the garage with the little "2d" mark in red. I frankly REALLY enjoyed it. It has a lot of things going for it. It has an "OH SHT" factor not a lot of lights have. Anyways though.

People says it's OP. It's not. It's the players who abuse the PC autoaim that need to be nerfed.

It can snipe any weakspot in the game. I've tested it on the most troll of hatches (T34, I'm looking at you) and it penetrated every single one. The guided missiles, if guided using a combo of mobile autoaim and user input, can hit any target in line of sight. Still not OP. The premium HE... It was balance incorrectly. Costing a grand total of 3 gold a shell, it was ridiculously cheap and frankly I'm surprised more people don't load full HE in it seeing as it still has the massive 500 module damage.

Anyways though. It honestly isn't OP and I'd love to see it as a prem tank but with some serious rebalancing, including making PC autoaim work like Blitz autoaim, where you need to look at the directly at the target when firing. And make the damn HE more expensive! It feels weird having premium shells that cost the same as a Tier X gun's standard ammo.

https://wotbstars.co...&geo=NA&lng=eng

"You may wanna clam up. Tier Xers are serious asf" -lordofthedawn

Lemme rustle your jimmies. I swear it won't annoy you. Much.

Being a unicum would be boring. That's why I'm not a unicum.

Derp guns reign supreme!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users