Energy Refills

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

_LXX #1 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:42 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2339 battles
  • [DEF_U]

I've thought about this for a while, and finally decided to post. I think Blitz should have refillable energy like most other play for free games. Before you discount the idea, hear me out...

Instead of "energy", we'd have "gas", but essentially it is the same thing. The scenario that follows is an example of how this would work.

Let's say a player starts with 10 gas cans. Every match they play costs 1 gas can to enter. So right off the bat you can play 10 games. After a certain time limit has passed, your gas cans are replenished (one at a time), let's say 1 every 30 minutes.

But here is where Blitz would differ from other standard energy games. If you win your match, you get 2 gas cans refilled as a reward. So, every time you win, you can play twice more. However, if you lose, you lose the gas can it cost to play.

So, you could go on a 10 game losing streak (plus whatever gas regenerated while you were playing), and that's that. Log off, try again later. After that many loses, you probably don't need to play anymore that day anyway. But as long as you win, you could essentially play with no limitations on how long you played. This, in my opinion,  would put more focus on winning the match than just completing some missions (win or lose). And it would certainly help weed out some of the truly horrible players that simple aren't trying to get any better.

This system would obviously be geared towards better players gaining more playing time, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The better the player, the more they play; the more they play, they better odds are of them spending money on the game. Most of the big spenders in the game aren't the new players, it's the older, better, wiser players that are looking to invest in something they are good at and know how to play.. Sorry, WG, but enticing new players with less that 50 games (and a sub40 wr) with a tier 8 tank isn't the way to go, and the player base is suffering because of it.

Anyway, roast away...

Edited by _LXX, 07 September 2017 - 11:43 PM.

woof_defender #2 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:48 PM

⚔️Fallen Guardian⚔️

• Players
  • 27745 battles
  • [ANEKI]

What... the... actual... ****.

:facepalm:

RoadKutter #3 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:51 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 23011 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postwoof_defender, on 07 September 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

What... the... actual... ****.

:facepalm:

^^^^ are consumables and provisions not enough for that guy? Forgot about spare parts and cool down timers.

New guy are you seriously trying to break the game further with this crazy idea? 

I'm sure WG likes all the hard cash the get by selling premiums anyway. Your idea would just drive all the vets away from the game.

Edited by RoadKutter, 07 September 2017 - 11:59 PM.

If you give a man fire, he will be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

danieljackspaniel #4 Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12560 battles
  • [TDB]

This is exactly why i DON'T like other games that use this model. It shows that the developer is greedy for money. We don't need Wargaming to be more greedy for money, alright?

But i respect your courage to bring up such a bad idea, no offense man.

Theartythief #5 Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:29 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8474 battles
  • [_EXP_]

View Post_LXX, on 07 September 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

I've thought about this for a while, and finally decided to post. I think Blitz should have refillable energy like most other play for free games. Before you discount the idea, hear me out...

Instead of "energy", we'd have "gas", but essentially it is the same thing. The scenario that follows is an example of how this would work.

Let's say a player starts with 10 gas cans. Every match they play costs 1 gas can to enter. So right off the bat you can play 10 games. After a certain time limit has passed, your gas cans are replenished (one at a time), let's say 1 every 30 minutes.

But here is where Blitz would differ from other standard energy games. If you win your match, you get 2 gas cans refilled as a reward. So, every time you win, you can play twice more. However, if you lose, you lose the gas can it cost to play.

So, you could go on a 10 game losing streak (plus whatever gas regenerated while you were playing), and that's that. Log off, try again later. After that many loses, you probably don't need to play anymore that day anyway. But as long as you win, you could essentially play with no limitations on how long you played. This, in my opinion,  would put more focus on winning the match than just completing some missions (win or lose). And it would certainly help weed out some of the truly horrible players that simple aren't trying to get any better.

This system would obviously be geared towards better players gaining more playing time, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The better the player, the more they play; the more they play, they better odds are of them spending money on the game. Most of the big spenders in the game aren't the new players, it's the older, better, wiser players that are looking to invest in something they are good at and know how to play.. Sorry, WG, but enticing new players with less that 50 games (and a sub40 wr) with a tier 8 tank isn't the way to go, and the player base is suffering because of it.

Anyway, roast away...

I only play the game because it's fun not having a stupid energy bar.

The game would become boring and grinding would take longer and my premium account would become quite useless.

Edited by antonysadath, 08 September 2017 - 12:32 AM.

YuvBnJudged #6 Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5471 battles
Your right roast away. One of the most idiotic posts I've read in a while. Cartoon tanks galore, let's add more trash to the game. What gives you the right to make judgement calls as to whether or not people who are playing are not trying to get better? Do you have a crystal ball that lets you see these players thoughts? MM sucks, it's so unfair. So says 90% of the player base, well the ones that can't win anyway. How does that work genius? If MM is dealing out a bunch of bad hands to someone is that the players fault whether they are a good player or not, trying hard or not? Back to the drawing board with your idea.
1011700835.png

Theartythief #7 Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:35 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8474 battles
  • [_EXP_]
I bet those other "free to play" energy bar games have corrupted your soul.

Kingkiller19_1 #8 Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9712 battles
  • [HUNT]
Dumbest idea ever 

_The_Tactition_ #9 Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:40 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16307 battles
  • [FOE]

Kids take note on what I am about to say. 

Dont drink underage

Dont do drugs

Pay attention in school

Learn common sense, if you need help ask a teacher or parent

Dont smoke 

Why did I say this? Because from what I just read in the OP, he clearly broke one of those things. Worst. Idea. EVER.

It is always Hammer Time! 

Member of the Training Room Police Department

soulscytherea #10 Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:04 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1363 battles
  • [MOBU]
I think it would be better is it went back to the old days where there were no timer or spare parts for upgrade. It just seems like it is taking me longer to upgrade my tanks. 

Edited by soulscytherea, 08 September 2017 - 01:19 AM.

tweek_1 #11 Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:39 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8636 battles
  • [LMFA0]
Kiss my azz op

MisssMe #12 Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:26 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31121 battles
  • [VRTX]

Do you work for WarGaming ?

Lets get rid of timers

_LXX #13 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:07 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2339 battles
  • [DEF_U]

Aside from the personal attacks, not one post showing good reason why anything I posted wouldn't work, or makes sense. 

This system would benefit anyone who wins. You win, you don't have to worry about the energy bar. You'd never know it was there. It would constantly refill from wins, and if you did lose one, the timer would refill it, mostly likely while you were playing.

It would only be a "burden" to those that don't care to win. Or don't play to win. Or can't win. 

Seems I may have struck a nerve with some of you, maybe you fall into that category...

Anyone have anything constructive to post, or is this the state these forums have decayed to?

RoadKutter #14 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:32 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 23011 battles
  • [III-H]

View Post_LXX, on 07 September 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

Aside from the personal attacks, not one post showing good reason why anything I posted wouldn't work, or makes sense. 

This system would benefit anyone who wins. You win, you don't have to worry about the energy bar. You'd never know it was there. It would constantly refill from wins, and if you did lose one, the timer would refill it, mostly likely while you were playing.

It would only be a "burden" to those that don't care to win. Or don't play to win. Or can't win. 

Seems I may have struck a nerve with some of you, maybe you fall into that category...

Anyone have anything constructive to post, or is this the state these forums have decayed to?

There is enough burden with the current new system. Adding your [edited]idea would wreck the game completely.

It is a free to play game which means a lot of people come and try it out every day. Eventually there would be no one playing the game because they would be out of gas.

When you play solo you are 1 v 13. No matter how much you try the reds are better or the greens evaporate. Which means you lose. By no fault of your own and it would mean that you have to go away. How much fun is that? 

Just because thus works on different platforms doesn't mean it will work in a mmo like Blitz. 

Your idea sounds just like a skill based MM,  look that up.

Once you get pass tier 5 you'll see what I mean.

Random people come here to blow up tanks and move on. A lare percentage doesn't care about the forums or their wr. They just want to have fun. That's how you get bad teams and low wr/battle count players. But you know what they spend money and that make Blitz go round and round.

If you give a man fire, he will be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

RoadKutter #15 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:45 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 23011 battles
  • [III-H]

Oh and another thing. How long do you think it would take to weed out all the bad players that don't care about winning? I bet it wouldn't be long. Unicum clans would to count ins and side line most of the playerbase. Then what? Unless you got on their team you would be out of your 10 cans of gas faster than it took you to write this werbal diarrhea. 

I do hear Candy Crush has that system go give that a try. My wife hated it I'll tell you that for nothing. 

Keep coming up with ideas but make them positive! Not world ending.

_The_Tactition_ #16 Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16307 battles
  • [FOE]
Speechless.

It is always Hammer Time! 

Member of the Training Room Police Department

MayoNasalSpray #17 Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:47 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 24031 battles