3 games on Oasis Palms....

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

jon66_1 #21 Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 20022 battles

View Postnaktl, on 05 December 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

Yes that is the proximal cause.  It results from the mental model that the only way to win is to eliminate the opposing team and that capping is bad, due to lower rewards.  Not a bad mental model, but much more likely to result in Draws.  You cannot Draw if you control cap, particularly if the opponent is a "meek player" that refuses to engage.

Eliminate the enemy to keep them from capping, not for the exp.  Cap to draw the enemy out or win by capping if they refuse.

The only way you will then have a draw is if they reset and you cannot kill them, i.e. You do not control cap.

I generally don't have a problem with early capping, especially when I'm low tier. I'm disappointed sometimes when we clearly have the advantage, but winning is always my main goal. One or two good players can wipe out an entire team that decides to roll off of cap to fight. (Not that you are talking about early capping but to address the general hatred for early capping on this forum)  

gffcom #22 Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:45 AM

REDACTED

• Players
  • 37927 battles
  • [SRT-]
Another game on Oasis Palms, another draw. Thats 6 in 2 days. This time... 5 of my team spent the first 2 minutes in a line behind a T95 all pushing it and ignoring all the targets I lit up. I seriously thinking of stopping playing.

Xs: IS-7, IS-4, FV215b, T110E5, E100, E50M, Obj 140, T-62A, M48A1 Patton, FV4202, Leopard 1, Obj 268

SPARTA 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users