Should not lose credits for reasonable performance against higher tiers.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Kiloromeo326 #1 Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:36 AM

Private

• Players
  • 2182 battles
  • [FT99]

When using tV or tVI, I get matched up against half a team of higher levels. I frequently lose credits, even if doing decent damage and getting a kill. It is ridiculous when most of my shots bounce off, and I get several penetrations in vital spots, for minor damage, while they can kill me in one or two shots from any direction. Then I lose credits if we lose battle. This is wrong.

Tonight, I'm having a difficult time in my Hellcat, fighting tVII's, bouncing off most shots, getting a half dozen for good damage, then getting one-shot by a stupid rocket. And lost 7800 credits, because I got small damage. If this keeps up, I will have to quit. I did well on lower tiers, but if I can't progress through the mid levels, there is no point.

Dan_Deerso #2 Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:21 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 13494 battles
  • [MOMS]

>Doesn't know how to shoot

>Does little to no damage

>Gets killed early and quickly

>Wants to make credits anyways

Ok, then.

Let's have a look at your numbers.

Hellcat: 58 games, 43.1% winrate, .55 damage ratio, K/D .21, survival rate just shy of 19%, average damage 337.

Now, what does this tell us? Well, that's quite simple, it tells us that you are doing quite bad in your Hellcat in nearly every field.

If we take into account your total profit takes X amount of damage to make Y amount of Credits then minus Z repair bill, that means your average game is going to be a death with a damage number somewhere between a third and a half of what an average player should do. Note I said average, not good or great. Completely average, 48%-50% winrate player.

What this post is telling me: "I should be rewarded the same credit amount, even with a standard account, as a player who knows what they're doing and performed much better than I did, even though my lack of damage more than likely caused our team to lose."

The reason for this: incentivizing better play and slowing down bad players, giving them more practice at lower tiers. Otherwise I would have to deal with players like you in tier ten much more often than I do.

The system is designed to slow you down, for two reasons: for your own good, and to frustrate you into buying a premium tank and/or premium time. Don't do the latter, all you will accomplish is getting rolled in a larger tank.

My advice: You are a bad player. On a scale from red (bad) to purple (amazing) you're a bright red ripe tomato. The reason that is isn't because you're a bad human being, or that you're hopeless at the game. You just need to take a step back, and realize that there are so many resources to improve yourself.

Check out Youtube for tutorials. Check the Wargaming wiki for raw info. Ask a better player for tips.

The game isn't a race to tier 10, especially if you have no idea how to play it, so don't bother rushing. Almost everyone I know who has rushed up the tech tree has told me they regret it, and I say this as someone in a clan of 280+ people.

IN SHORT: OP isn't doing as much of a "reasonable performance" as they think they are.

T-34 (2nd), Type 98 Ke-Ni (3rd), Pz. IV Schmalturm (4th) A-20 (6th)T34 Independance (6th), T69 (8th), Angry Connor (8th)T110E4 (9th), Ram II (9th)

Top 100: KV-2, Cruiser Mk. IV, Spähpanzer Ru 251, T-46, Spähpanzer SP I C, M4A2E4 Sherman, Type 5 Chi-Ri, VK 16.02 Leopard, M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo, T-54 ltwt., Pz.Kpfw. V/IV, Helsing HO, SU-152, SU-100M1, T54E1, Hetzer, T34

WipWapJaws #3 Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:31 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 30659 battles
  • [WKD]

OP,

What Dan says is harshly put but true.

The general rule of thumb is that you are ready to move up a tier when you can comfortably hold a WR of 50%+ and average more than your tanks heath points in damage. If you cant do that then it is a good indication that your skills are not yet at the level of the tanks that you are playing.  

The Hellcat is a fantastic tank but it is not a nube friendly tank.  You will see people have fantastic games in it but you will see many more who are just horrible in it.

With the amount of matches you have played.  I would stick to tiers 1-4 for a bit longer and try many different types of tanks across different countries.  Dont just follow the tanks you see everyone driving, your style of play might be different.

BorisBaddenov #4 Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 17707 battles
  • [ST2RM]

+1 to Dan for his Tough Love message.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

BorisBaddenov #5 Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 17707 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View PostKiloromeo326, on 10 September 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

When using tV or tVI, I get matched up against half a team of higher levels. I frequently lose credits, even if doing decent damage and getting a kill. It is ridiculous when most of my shots bounce off, and I get several penetrations in vital spots, for minor damage, while they can kill me in one or two shots from any direction. Then I lose credits if we lose battle. This is wrong.

Tonight, I'm having a difficult time in my Hellcat, fighting tVII's, bouncing off most shots, getting a half dozen for good damage, then getting one-shot by a stupid rocket. And lost 7800 credits, because I got small damage. If this keeps up, I will have to quit. I did well on lower tiers, but if I can't progress through the mid levels, there is no point.

If you want to see your stats - check out this website   http://wotbstars.com/    Just search for your Blitz name.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

War_Vet_1 #6 Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

Major Disaster

• Players
  • 11816 battles
  • [4ROG]
Um, answer to the topic:  isn't that called a "Valiant Effort"?

Ignoring life 7 minutes at a time!

Lmsd123 #7 Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:04 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35604 battles
  • [JFGF]
+1

Very good advice!  Please don't get offended, the truth hurts. Slow down and watch what other good player do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users