Update 4.2 -> Nerfed tanks = Nerfed Garage -> Wasted grinds, spareparts -> Time to leave...

WG fraud update 4.2 4.2 spareparts 3.8 nerf gambling

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

outersketcher #41 Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10693 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostUlf_berht, on 11 September 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

What is not disputable is that seeing your tanks nerfed today is far more aggravating than in the past, especially pre 3.8. Now, when one of your favorite tanks is nerfed the cost to you has a far greater impact. Time lost grinding, time lost waiting for timers to expire for equipment, spare parts lost, gold lost on timers, camo, etc...

Regardless of the "rules", the "EULA", or any other nonsense you might want to bring up, it gets really old, really quick, to see something you have invested time and/or money into just to have it changed into something else after the fact because of the fancies and whims of a group of people on the other side of the world who don't consider themselves as having to be answerable to their customer base.

^^^^

This..

DamageDamageDamageDamageDamageDamageDamage....

obi__wan__shinobi #42 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 47775 battles

Last year during the twister cup every person in the tournament was playing the object140.

Anyone with half a brain knew that a major nerf was coming.

It's no different with everyday games.

Wargames sees you playing thousands of games in OP tanks  ... racking up outrageous winrates.

Wargames sees you doing that.  It's not a secret from anyone.

And you do it long enough ...  the nerf hammer falls.

The blatant self interest of the comments were seeing on this forum are laughable.

You all know why these tanks are getting nerfed.  Because you caused it.

Master_of_the_larks #43 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:12 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27425 battles
  • [TOES]
As long as they don't nerf my maus I'm happy.

drGiggless #44 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16994 battles
  • [DEPT]
The T62 will be this year's Object 140.

Wombeer #45 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12131 battles
  • [P_O_S]
There are so many underperforming tanks in this game. I can think of only a handful of tanks that are so egregiously OP that they need a major nerf (and several of them are premiums so...). WG, what the hell? The T49 and borsig needed slight nerfs, but not like this. Reduce the module damage a tad for the t49, buff the 128mm gun on the borsig and nerf the pen of the 150mm. Solved. Increase intraclip reload of AMX 50 100, decrease mobility a bit. So unproductive what they've done with the T95. Why not replace the damn thing instead?

gskn4u #46 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37174 battles
  • [_IA_]

Both Grille and T95 are in my garage!! WHY ???

popisdead #47 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12555 battles
  • [HPR]

View PostWriterDude, on 11 September 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

:popcorn:

Was that popcorn free?  If not then WG owes you 3 years of free stuff for game play.
I love kemping bush

WriterDude #48 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 21391 battles
  • [III-Z]

View Postpopisdead, on 12 September 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

Was that popcorn free?  If not then WG owes you 3 years of free stuff for game play.

Which reminds me - I need to go to Costco and get some kettle corn. Love that stuff. 

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

Player_5773117413 #49 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 24324 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostdrGiggless, on 11 September 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

This is why monopolies are bad. WG has very little competition, and as a result have let their greed take over. They are a greedy anti-consumer company and hopefully one day they will get a comeuppance.

I could be very wrong about this, but I do feel like the mobile market for more complex games like this one is far smaller than the PC market. When it comes to mobile apps, specifically games, people are more interested in quick, fast paced actions rather than something involving more strategy and time. As such, it may be far easier for games based on PC platforms to garner in a more sturdy, loyal paying playerbase than it would be for a company creating a similar game but on a mobile platform. That makes it riskier for a company to even try getting something like this going in the first place. WarGaming has a lot of success with most of its PC games, blitz was probably a brave step in uncharted territory for them. Can't imagine too many of the mobile app companies trying to make a competitive product to Wot blitz and idk how companies making similar PC games to wot feel about launching a product like blitz as well.

tl;dr: the mobile market might simply be too small for wot blitz to have a competitor. Plus, I don't think anyone else is capable of bringing in something to match its quality

Edited by Player_5773117413, 12 September 2017 - 08:22 PM.

Finished...a buncha Tier 10s. Effff it, I only got 10 fingers. Lost count after that...there's only a few missing

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

Allen [-SKY-] & Josh [-SKY-]: " Can we violate the EULA and cheat our way up to get the grand prize during the Missile Tank Event?"    WarGaming: "Don't see why not."  Edit: Let's wait and see if WG does end up taking action on this case. What would Stealy have to say about this?

WriterDude #50 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

• Players
  • 21391 battles
  • [III-Z]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 12 September 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

blitz was probably a brave step in uncharted territory for them.

100%. This is one reason that Blitz has seemed rudderless over the past year-plus. It's not enough to just keep going through the motions, add new content, have an event, throw in some new tanks based on partnerships, nerf and buff here and there. That works in WoT because of the stable game community. I don't think they really got the idea that on a mobile platform, they have to build and tune mobile-standard game mechanics for a more transient player community. And because they did it so well early on, they set expectations sky-high.

The missile thing is an example. It's only explainable if they're planning on doing something with it, and figured they could use Blitz (their test bed with the transient player community) to test out the mechanisms. So maybe they're thinking about a modern-war version of World of Warships, with ship-to-ship missiles? Or maybe they're thinking about a fantasy-future version of WoT, with rocket tanks, ATGMs, and missile launchers?  

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

reluctanttheist #51 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 17827 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostX7DragonsX7, on 11 September 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

So you used GT on the RU server?

I did indeed.  I got good responses from players and mods there.  But now that the RU mods are here, no need for GT to do they heavy lifting any more.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

reluctanttheist #52 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:50 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 17827 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostdrGiggless, on 11 September 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

This is why monopolies are bad. WG has very little competition, and as a result have let their greed take over. They are a greedy anti-consumer company and hopefully one day they will get a comeuppance.

You may need to get your medication altered.  WG is not anti-consumer.  They'd like to think of themselves as being pro-consumer.  And they are, other than the 2.8 credit earnings change, the 3.8 SPs (designed to get you to play missions and more often, and skip timers with gold), and the nerfs to your favorite tanks.  You can still play entirely for free: all this whining is just petulant.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

xtribblesx #53 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25387 battles
  • [WIMPS]
Well I for one am pretty excited about getting a Nerf tank. There are those of us on here for fun and not necessarily for these scary beasts and loud explosions.
'The only good part a'ridin' a bull is meet'n the nurse' - A. Cowboy 

outersketcher #54 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10693 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostWriterDude, on 12 September 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

100%. This is one reason that Blitz has seemed rudderless over the past year-plus. It's not enough to just keep going through the motions, add new content, have an event, throw in some new tanks based on partnerships, nerf and buff here and there. That works in WoT because of the stable game community. I don't think they really got the idea that on a mobile platform, they have to build and tune mobile-standard game mechanics for a more transient player community. And because they did it so well early on, they set expectations sky-high.

The missile thing is an example. It's only explainable if they're planning on doing something with it, and figured they could use Blitz (their test bed with the transient player community) to test out the mechanisms. So maybe they're thinking about a modern-war version of World of Warships, with ship-to-ship missiles? Or maybe they're thinking about a fantasy-future version of WoT, with rocket tanks, ATGMs, and missile launchers?  

You know.. I wonder what the effects would be to the player base if they DID do that? 

Imagine if.. you had a choice.. to download and play in any of these versions.. "WOTBlitz WWII", "WOTBlitz Anime/Fantasy", "WOTBlitz ModernWarfare"

DamageDamageDamageDamageDamageDamageDamage....

WriterDude #55 Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

• Players
  • 21391 battles
  • [III-Z]

View Postoutersketcher, on 12 September 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

You know.. I wonder what the effects would be to the player base if they DID do that? 

Imagine if.. you had a choice.. to download and play in any of these versions.. "WOTBlitz WWII", "WOTBlitz Anime/Fantasy", "WOTBlitz ModernWarfare"

It would let them create game balance within a set of much more credible vehicle functions. You don't have to pretend to balance ATGMs and 160-alpha popguns. Oh, you want to protect yourself from ATGMs with HEAT warheads? Load up your spaced armor kit and shaped-charge cage. Want to protect yourself from HESH? Load up your reactive armor kit and spall liner. Oh you mean you have to choose what you want to protect against before the battle starts? That's the biz, sweetheart.

Want to protect against Hammers Slammers 20cm powerguns? Load up your ion-matrix shield. Want to protect against the Lupus with its bacon gun? Well, everybody loves bacon... shoot that thing over here, and kill me with flavor!

itsnotpersonal #56 Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

It's just business

• Players
  • 23159 battles
  • [ASYLM]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 11 September 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

Hey I get the multi-server rant - did it myself to try to get WG to stop 3.8

That didn't work.  

WG will do what they think they need to do to make the game stay in the black.  If you think WG is bad - you should just not play games.  At all.

OP I remember that ranting. Didn't work then and won't work now. Its a Russian company, they don't give a fig whether you quit or not. You quit and a thousand newbs sign up.

ASYLUM

boris55555 #57 Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6912 battles
  • [TQRH]

View PostWriterDude, on 12 September 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

Which reminds me - I need to go to Costco and get some kettle corn. Love that stuff. 

That stuff is crazy good and crazy cheap. Plus only a bit on the old calorie count 

No $$$ until these morons fix the spare parts situation. Bleed them....please. The count is 0 and 1.

tpcshadow #58 Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21407 battles
  • [SPUD]

I guess I need to keep posting the chart below. These are the top players in avg dmg/game for these tanks. If top players can do better than top players in other tanks, that means the tank itself is OP. If some people can't use it as well isn't the fault of the tank.  Of course I'll ignore the rant about the T34 that now needs a nerf, but WG doesn't have the stones to nerf a premium (why the game will never truly have balance).

tpcshadow #59 Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21407 battles
  • [SPUD]
As an aside, I think, deep down, many players bristle at the nerf of these tanks because they know they are OP , enjoy that aspect, and don't want it taken away from them. I guarantee if it were the Tiger II, there would be nowhere near the outcry.

wannabeunicum #60 Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22145 battles
  • [-AFK-]

View Posttpcshadow, on 12 September 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

I guess I need to keep posting the chart below. These are the top players in avg dmg/game for these tanks. If top players can do better than top players in other tanks, that means the tank itself is OP. If some people can't use it as well isn't the fault of the tank.  Of course I'll ignore the rant about the T34 that now needs a nerf, but WG doesn't have the stones to nerf a premium (why the game will never truly have balance).

you do realize you just compared an amx 50 100 to an is3d.

An is3d can still cary matches while missing shots because it can bounce shots with its own armor Amx can't do that.

Also tagged with WG, fraud, update 4.2, 4.2, spareparts, 3.8, nerf, gambling

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users