Clan Board vs Chat

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

IndyLovelace #1 Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:11 AM

Private

• Players
  • 17975 battles
  • [-DCR-]

Much like the forum functionality, as a clan leader, I would fine it very helpful to have the ability to pin topics or have some way of having a base set of information for new members joining my clan. This functionality could be separate from clan chat. Maybe some type of static board where a clan leader or deputy leads could post content that wouldn't go away but remain in place over time that could be referenced by clan members. Thank you for considering this idea. 

AVCM_AW #2 Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41217 battles
  • [RAIDR]
one word - Discord

Commander DD Raiders [RAIDR]

Retired Sailor - Liberty Call, Liberty Call...

(ML-20 mod.1931/37 spewing HE can do a lot for your day)

BorisBaddenov #3 Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 17707 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View PostAVCM_AW, on 12 September 2017 - 04:01 AM, said:

one word - Discord

This would require his clan members to download and use a 2nd app.  Maybe not everyone is cool with that.  Maybe some younger players are not allowed to use a voice-program.  His idea is sound.

And he even found the proper forum to post his idea in.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Thatguyujustmet #4 Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6786 battles
  • [XWING]
Ever thought of using your clan description for this?  :medal:

Blitz Community Coalition

BlackDogD #5 Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

O'Doyle Rules!

• Players
  • 17517 battles
  • [O-VII]

View PostAVCM_AW, on 12 September 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

one word - Discord

there was a time when that one word caused massive DISCORD amongst the DD family. Now I see that you swear by it.

gotta admit, it's funny now, not so much back then. 

Life sucks, get a helmet.

Herodotus4 #6 Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20353 battles
  • [SRT]
Guess what, you can make one for free. Example; http://ird.gamerlaunch.com

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

BluesAllDay #7 Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6375 battles
  • [SRV]

I tried discord. I can't do it. One time everyone but me was talking at the same time while I'm trying to concentrate and I died rather quickly. Another time nobody said anything the entirety of the battle. I did fine when nobody talked even though we still lost. I gues it would be fine if only one person sort of took control and would be even better if I could figure out a way interface it with my music but the last thing I need is another voice or two inside my head. Lord knows there is plenty going on in there already.

I see from the forums home page scroll down to clans and SPUD seems to always have a clan chat there on my page just under clan recruitment. If that's what your talking about try starting a new topic there.

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

AVCM_AW #8 Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41217 battles
  • [RAIDR]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 12 September 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

This would require his clan members to download and use a 2nd app.  Maybe not everyone is cool with that.  Maybe some younger players are not allowed to use a voice-program.  His idea is sound.

And he even found the proper forum to post his idea in.

Peace-

Boris

True, but being free and looking for a non voice place to post clan info that won't be public may actually be a plus, even if it is a second app. Not much different than cruising a web browser on a public board.

View PostBlackDogD, on 12 September 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

there was a time when that one word caused massive DISCORD amongst the DD family. Now I see that you swear by it.

gotta admit, it's funny now, not so much back then. 

Can't argue that... most are resistant to change in the beginning to anything...

o7

Commander DD Raiders [RAIDR]

Retired Sailor - Liberty Call, Liberty Call...

(ML-20 mod.1931/37 spewing HE can do a lot for your day)

Thatguyujustmet #9 Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6786 battles
  • [XWING]

View PostBluesAllDay, on 12 September 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

I tried discord. I can't do it. One time everyone but me was talking at the same time while I'm trying to concentrate and I died rather quickly. Another time nobody said anything the entirety of the battle. I did fine when nobody talked even though we still lost. I gues it would be fine if only one person sort of took control and would be even better if I could figure out a way interface it with my music but the last thing I need is another voice or two inside my head. Lord knows there is plenty going on in there already.

I see from the forums home page scroll down to clans and SPUD seems to always have a clan chat there on my page just under clan recruitment. If that's what your talking about try starting a new topic there.

​Discord is not just for VC platoons.  There are some very useful text channels where a lead can pin messages for all to see at any time, @everyone to give folks a notification if there is some important info, pm people directly, and just generally have an easier time communicating with the clan.

Blitz Community Coalition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users