Jump to content


Amazing and rapid decline

Player base Tier 10

  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poppy_Part_Deux #1 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:00 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 25871 battles
  • 50
  • [ST2RM]
  • Member since:
    08-06-2015
Just a passing observation.  I was quite amazed this morning. I played 10 tier 10 games.  In half of those games (i.e. 50%) 82% of players (5 out of 7 players on each team) had less than 50% win rate and less than 850 average damage. Some of these had over 25,000 games!  Some had less than 3,000 games and clearly spent gold to move up a line.  It's amazing... simply amazing.  :facepalm:

Edited by Poppy_Part_Deux, 13 September 2017 - 04:01 PM.


Ruby_Rose_ #2 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8773 battles
  • 1,308
  • [FLEET]
  • Member since:
    09-14-2013
Whats more amazing is that they are easier to carry and hard to recover


Made by Panbun

    "Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is

       like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian."
Want a RWBY signature?
Here

    Clan Recruitment: Here    Discord:   FLEET   ARMDA

 


Bondo26 #3 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 22215 battles
  • 45
  • [ULA]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

So many shallow egos and the importance of nothing always amazes me about this game.

 



Apple_Pen #4 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2494 battles
  • 571
  • [HLYWD]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2016
time and amount of "those" players are positively correlated... In other words, eventually they will get to tier X by losing... 300-300xp per battle.. takes a while, but it works... EVENTUALITY !!! :izmena:

-Average Salty Player

 

Spoiler

reluctanttheist #5 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:19 PM

    Canuck Didactics

  • Players
  • 17827 battles
  • 4,142
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    01-12-2015
It's amazing that players can play many thousands of battle and have no idea how the game works... it's WG's greatest problem.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare


christian1470 #6 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 33232 battles
  • 3,818
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    10-05-2014

View Postreluctanttheist, on 13 September 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

It's amazing that players can play many thousands of battle and have no idea how the game works... it's WG's greatest problem.

 

I had a 24,000 48% player seal clubbing in the Kenny O on red today. He did absolutely everything wrong. EVERYTHING. So much so that I toook the time to point out the flaws in his execution after we won the game. I did it nicely. He did not take the advice well. Blamed his team.:facepalm:

BobaFett_56 #7 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

    Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

  • Players
  • 37145 battles
  • 2,023
  • [ANIME]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2014

View PostApple_Pen, on 13 September 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

time and amount of "those" players are positively correlated... In other words, eventually they will get to tier X by losing... 300-300xp per battle.. takes a while, but it works... EVENTUALITY !!! :izmena:

 

I do not mind clueless players in X since they usually are unable to pen my armor much... :trollface:

Apple_Pen #8 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2494 battles
  • 571
  • [HLYWD]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2016

View PostBobaFett_56, on 13 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

 

I do not mind clueless players in X since they usually are unable to pen my armor much... :trollface:

 

what if they end up in your team? :ohmy:  but yea, it is always fun to have clueless enemies :trollface:

-Average Salty Player

 

Spoiler

limejello99 #9 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6405 battles
  • 192
  • [TAUNT]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View PostApple_Pen, on 13 September 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

 

what if they end up in your team? :ohmy:  but yea, it is always fun to have clueless enemies :trollface:

 

For any given player, it's more likely for that player to end up in the enemy team. Let's say you will be placed with a 30%er in your match. There's 46% chance that the player will be on your team, while there's 54% chance that the player would be in the opposite team. Also, even if bad players end up in your team, it just means you don't have to share damage with them. I find it more entertaining, when I have a good fight with a lot of damage and cool actions and lose, than barely do anything and my team wins because my team is good. 


Edited by limejello99, 13 September 2017 - 05:32 PM.


Apple_Pen #10 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2494 battles
  • 571
  • [HLYWD]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2016

View Postlimejello99, on 13 September 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

 

For any given player, it's more likely for that player to end up in the enemy team. Let's say you will be placed with a 30%er in your match. There's 46% chance that the player will be on your team, while there's 54% chance that the player would be in the opposite team. Also, even if bad players end up in your team, it just means you don't have to share damage with them. I find it more entertaining, when I have a good fight with a lot of damage and cool actions and lose, than barely do anything and my team wins because my team is good. 

 

yea.. I feel the same way.. kinda controversial, though... I hate losing.. but I hate being carried.. Gotta rethink my life decisions again... :ohmy:

-Average Salty Player

 

Spoiler

reluctanttheist #11 Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:34 PM

    Canuck Didactics

  • Players
  • 17827 battles
  • 4,142
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    01-12-2015

This isn't really a new problem, but it's one that certainly hasn't improved over time.

 

How do you get people to dig into the game's mechanics a bit?  People treat the game very lightly, just drive around and shoot, when there's so much more to the game.  Player retention is at stake, since a player who UNDERSTANDS the game's mechanics will appreciate it more, and win more, and play more, and buy more...


Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare


WriterDude #12 Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

    My Posts Are Forum Prammo

  • Players
  • 21391 battles
  • 4,126
  • [III-Z]
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

View Postreluctanttheist, on 13 September 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

It's amazing that players can play many thousands of battle and have no idea how the game works... it's WG's greatest problem.

 

You'd think they would do a review from time to time and nudge players who have >10k games and <50% WR, or disproportionately low statistical values at higher tiers. Some coaching and guidance would only serve to improve the experience for those players, even shake loose some cash.

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

  

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude


christian1470 #13 Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 33232 battles
  • 3,818
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    10-05-2014
Anyone else notice that CC_sly is back?  Hi, sly! Boy do we miss you!!!!!!

Apple_Pen #14 Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:19 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2494 battles
  • 571
  • [HLYWD]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2016

View Postchristian1470, on 13 September 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

Anyone else notice that CC_sly is back?  Hi, sly! Boy do we miss you!!!!!!

 

I noticed someone mentioned him on another "this game is a joke" type of topic... who is he?

-Average Salty Player

 

Spoiler

christian1470 #15 Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 33232 battles
  • 3,818
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    10-05-2014

View PostApple_Pen, on 13 September 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

 

I noticed someone mentioned him on another "this game is a joke" type of topic... who is he?

 

um, well, I want to say he's one of our original forum moderators. Might be wrong about that part, either way, he herded us cats for quite some time, with skill and aplomb. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users