Jump to content


Having alt account?


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

limejello99 #1 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9120 battles
  • 236
  • [TAUNT]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

Hello tankers!

I started playing WoT blitz earlier this year and I got some of my friends to play the game with me. Recently, my friends have been asking me to drive their tanks for them (mainly because they don't want to deal with stock grind). But I declined because I was wondering if this is violating the EULA. 

 

Now, here are some possible situations:

A. Player A (who also has an account) played a large portion (over 50%) of the battles in Player B's account. 

 

B. Player A (who also has an account) played a small portion (less than 10%) of the battles in Player B's account.

 

C. Player A (who also has an account) watches the Player B play and gives very specific instructions to Player B during Player B's games. 

 

So, which of these three situations are using alt account, therefore violating the EULA? Also, how would WG distinguish between situations B and C? I have given several instructions to my friends before, and it felt like there wasn't much difference between me actually pressing the buttons vs. telling my friends to press the buttons (other than the delay in giving instructions and my friends barely listening to me :P )

 



Apple_Pen #2 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:34 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3103 battles
  • 884
  • [FLEET]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2016
if player X logged in player Ys account. Thats already a violation of EULA. Sharing ID/Pass is not allowed... not that WG cares... but still not worth a risk.

I like potatoes. I like them fried in the boiling oil... just LIKE french fries...

 

Spoiler

GenericMIKE #3 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

    The Most Generic Tanker in Blitz

  • Players
  • 22014 battles
  • 5,242
  • [IRD]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2013
Thanks for this info. Just sent in a ticket to WG.

 

 

You can visit Blitz Guru for current news, updates, map guides, tank guides and more!


blahblahguy #4 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9054 battles
  • 135
  • [HUNT]
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016

View PostGenericMIKE, on 13 September 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Thanks for this info. Just sent in a ticket to WG.

You just like to report people tho. Although it is a violation.

 


Give us Sherman Firefly.

limejello99 #5 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9120 battles
  • 236
  • [TAUNT]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View PostGenericMIKE, on 13 September 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Thanks for this info. Just sent in a ticket to WG.

 

For what? If you care to read the original post again, I said I never logged in with other's account or anything. I don't even know there user ID/ password yet. 



CptCheez #6 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

    This Space Intentionally Left Blank

  • Players
  • 15398 battles
  • 6,790
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

View PostApple_Pen, on 13 September 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

if player X logged in player Ys account. Thats already a violation of EULA. Sharing ID/Pass is not allowed... not that WG cares... but still not worth a risk.

 

That's not entirely correct.  Account sharing is discouraged, but not prohibited.

 

View Postlimejello99, on 13 September 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

But I declined because I was wondering if this is violating the EULA. 

 

Now, here are some possible situations:

A. Player A (who also has an account) played a large portion (over 50%) of the battles in Player B's account. 

 

B. Player A (who also has an account) played a small portion (less than 10%) of the battles in Player B's account.

 

C. Player A (who also has an account) watches the Player B play and gives very specific instructions to Player B during Player B's games. 

 

None of those violate the EULA.  "Having an alt account" would be - Player A has an account and also has a 2nd account.  He plays them both.


"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."


limejello99 #7 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9120 battles
  • 236
  • [TAUNT]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View PostApple_Pen, on 13 September 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

if player X logged in player Ys account. Thats already a violation of EULA. Sharing ID/Pass is not allowed... not that WG cares... but still not worth a risk.

 

So, as long as I don't do that, it's all good? Like giving instructions for example? 

 

Just to clarify, I never shared ID/Password. For people who seem to have trouble understanding the post. 



GableHawk #8 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10543 battles
  • 756
  • [F_S]
  • Member since:
    07-09-2017

Honest question:

 

Why would they care if you played two accounts? More accounts to play = more money for them.

 

What am I missing?



BorisBaddenov #9 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 17769 battles
  • 4,868
  • [ST2RM]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View Postlimejello99, on 13 September 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

 

So, as long as I don't do that, it's all good? Like giving instructions for example? 

 

Just to clarify, I never shared ID/Password. For people who seem to have trouble understanding the post. 

 

LIme -- 

 

I think you'd end up having the most fun by coaching your friends rather than driving their tanks.  In the end, they improve, and you end up with a lethal platoonmate :)

 

Peace-

Boris


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


christian1470 #10 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34774 battles
  • 3,977
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    10-05-2014

View Postlimejello99, on 13 September 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

 

So, as long as I don't do that, it's all good? Like giving instructions for example? 

 

Just to clarify, I never shared ID/Password. For people who seem to have trouble understanding the post. 

 

for people unclear on why this is bad. You grind your friend's tanks. Your friend never learns to play. Your friend ends up on my team. Rage ensues. :izmena:

limejello99 #11 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:52 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9120 battles
  • 236
  • [TAUNT]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View PostCptCheez, on 13 September 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

 

That's not entirely correct.  Account sharing is discouraged, but not prohibited.

 

 

None of those violate the EULA.  "Having an alt account" would be - Player A has an account and also has a 2nd account.  He plays them both.

 

Hmmm but then I have a question. Let's say player B creates his account and plays 5% of his game. Then, player A plays the remaining 95% of the games. This is account sharing, too, so this wouldn't be prohibited (according to your explanation). However, wouldn't it be obvious in this case that Player B's account is really Player A's account now, and therefore should be banned? What determines the ownership of an account?

Sorry for the many questions. 



Ruby_Rose_ #12 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

    I don't need help growing up! I Drink Milk!

  • Players
  • 9729 battles
  • 1,907
  • [SKXLL]
  • Member since:
    09-14-2013

View Postlimejello99, on 13 September 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

 

Hmmm but then I have a question. Let's say player B creates his account and plays 5% of his game. Then, player A plays the remaining 95% of the games. This is account sharing, too, so this wouldn't be prohibited (according to your explanation). However, wouldn't it be obvious in this case that Player B's account is really Player A's account now, and therefore should be banned? What determines the ownership of an account?

Sorry for the many questions. 


Player B created that account, so in the end Player B still owns that account.
I highly discourage account sharing unless you have a personal reason.



Made by Panbun

"Efficiency is Just Clever Laziness" 

Want a RWBY signature? Here

    Clan Recruitment: TRHRD  Discord: TRHRD
TRHRD Officer

 


BorisBaddenov #13 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 17769 battles
  • 4,868
  • [ST2RM]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View Postlimejello99, on 13 September 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

 

Hmmm but then I have a question. Let's say player B creates his account and plays 5% of his game. Then, player A plays the remaining 95% of the games. This is account sharing, too, so this wouldn't be prohibited (according to your explanation). However, wouldn't it be obvious in this case that Player B's account is really Player A's account now, and therefore should be banned? What determines the ownership of an account?

Sorry for the many questions. 

 

I have a lot of chickens.  They provide eggs, and meat - and I'm able to sell the extra eggs I get.   One of the worst predator problems I have are Coyote's.    I deal with them in a very unique way.  One that I call "The Three S's" --- Shoot, Shovel, Sharrup yo mouf.

 

The first computer hacker to be caught, so the story goes, was apprehended only because he was so pleased with his accomplishment that he gleefully told a friend or two about it.

 

During WWII there was a mantra; "Loose lips, sink ships."

 

Peace-

Boris

 

 


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


limejello99 #14 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9120 battles
  • 236
  • [TAUNT]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016
Thanks for the replies! Then I guess I shouldn't play tanks for my friends (Not that I was already doing).

vvk2 #15 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:58 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 46125 battles
  • 1,681
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    11-29-2014

Logging into another person's account is not a violation of EULA on the NA server (as it was mentioned above). The alt account is. However I looked into the latest version of EULA and couldn't find that clause anymore. 

However this is for the NA server and specifics of EULA varies between servers. For example on the RU server, the use of another person account is a EULA violation while the alt accounts are not..

 



CptCheez #16 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:00 PM

    This Space Intentionally Left Blank

  • Players
  • 15398 battles
  • 6,790
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

View Postlimejello99, on 13 September 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

Hmmm but then I have a question. Let's say player B creates his account and plays 5% of his game. Then, player A plays the remaining 95% of the games. This is account sharing, too, so this wouldn't be prohibited (according to your explanation). However, wouldn't it be obvious in this case that Player B's account is really Player A's account now, and therefore should be banned? What determines the ownership of an account?

 

If Player B still plays his account, that's just account sharing.  If Player B creates his account, plays a few games, and then abandons it to let Player A take it over for good, that's an "alt account" and is prohibited.

 

Better question: Why are you so worried about this specific scenario you outlined right there?


"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."


CptCheez #17 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

    This Space Intentionally Left Blank

  • Players
  • 15398 battles
  • 6,790
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

View Postvvk2, on 13 September 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Logging into another person's account is not a violation of EULA on the NA server (as it was mentioned above). The alt account is. However I looked into the latest version of EULA and couldn't find that clause anymore. 

 

It's still there.

https://wotblitz.com...user_agreement/

 

"General Provisions

1.01. In order to register, players must be thirteen (13) years of age or older, and are allowed only one account registered per server."


"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."


limejello99 #18 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9120 battles
  • 236
  • [TAUNT]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View PostCptCheez, on 13 September 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

 

If Player B still plays his account, that's just account sharing.  If Player B creates his account, plays a few games, and then abandons it to let Player A take it over for good, that's an "alt account" and is prohibited.

 

Better question: Why are you so worried about this specific scenario you outlined right there?

 

I wasn't worried. I think the current EULA is not clearly stated and it has some loopholes. Or maybe it's me who can't understand :) In any case, I was asking about rules because I didn't understand them. It's better to understand them then not know them. I chose that scenario because that sounded like a borderline between alt account and account sharing to me. 



CptCheez #19 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:05 PM

    This Space Intentionally Left Blank

  • Players
  • 15398 battles
  • 6,790
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014
EULAs are written by lawyers.  They're supposed to be confusing. :)

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."


CK_GoldenNuggets #20 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19681 battles
  • 549
  • [501ST]
  • Member since:
    03-13-2015

If the question is can you play with a friend or family member and give them help while they play the game of course this is allowed. If the question is can I borrow a friends account to play for myself, this is highly discouraged and may result in consequences. 

What you do with that info is up to you.

 


"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1





7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users