game improvement changes updates

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Baranov #1 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27511 battles
  • [TWW]

I am old enough to have played the old Atari tank game--you know,crappy graphics, a few simple maps, etc.--but we played it anyway 'cause it was based around a simple, fun concept all could follow and so we played. No--this is not one of those calls for the simplicity of the 'old days.' Better graphics are awesome, and so much more....but TOO much more can spoil a good thing. Some thoughts:

1) K.I.S.S.: Where did those stupid boosters come from, and events that are so complex you have to read the fine print MORE THAN ONCE? Keep it Simple, folks. So some Ph.D. consultant tells you to 'value add' and a bunch of other crap to get folks to spend more?  I play this tank game because I like tanks--not missiles, or space ships, or Calvary, get it?  I buy tanks, if I buy anything. Now, I don't buy anything, cause the game is a damn mess. KISS is said alot because there's something to it. You might start there.

2) Gifts v. Garbage: Giving stuff away more than birthdays and Christmas is dumb. Stop it. It muddles up the reason why you look forward to those days and the cool stuff you get then. Presents are cool when its time to get them. Make what you give cool, and get rid of all the other garbage. You've cluttered the game with stupidity. Clean it up, so we can all focus on the coolness of what used to be a tank game.

3). Focus on Fun, not Merchandise, etc.: Reward players for playing, good players for playing well, and great players for being great players. People do spend to have fun. Make the game fun, rewarding folks for the fun they're having, and people will buy cool tanks to tweek the fun. But keep the focus where it belongs--on the reason WE play. Don't dilute that w/ all this dime-store crap. 

Just some thoughts, 'cause the game feels broken right now, and that Atari approach is looking better all the time.

B.

Edited by Baranov, 15 September 2017 - 06:37 PM.

Apple_Pen #2 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5958 battles
  • [SCAMO]
You are overly optimistic if you think that WG will ever do anything similar to that... For instance, listening to their players... They will do whatever they want, whatever will earn them money... Always.
Nein

Baranov #3 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27511 battles
  • [TWW]

View PostApple_Pen, on 15 September 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

You are overly optimistic if you think that WG will ever do anything similar to that... For instance, listening to their players... They will do whatever they want, whatever will earn them money... Always.

Of course...but I spent more before, so thinking others may have too...perhaps there's a chance. Otherwise, imagine: They might make the game even more of a mess.Poodles anyone!!! Get your poodle tanks here!!!!

B.

Mullet_cat #4 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

HEAT magnet

• Players
  • 12543 battles
  • [CLE4R]

View PostApple_Pen, on 15 September 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

ironic

WizoGT379 #5 Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8305 battles
  • [CRU3L]

arent forums supposed to be where co pansies receive feedback and people discuss, well wg has cut out any form of feedback that actually makes a difference for sure

and OP as you go back to your Atari game I'll try to refine my skills in bo2 lol

I’m sampling the retiree life, of Blitz forums, not sure if I’ll be returning, but thanks for all of your advice and fun.

You can't outsmart stupid, it just doesn't work like that - TengenToppaPotatoLagann

Also tagged with game improvement, changes, updates

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users