KV4 or Caernarvon? Got cash burning in my pocket.

KV4 Caernarvon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: KV4 or Caernarvon (19 members have cast votes)

KV4 or Caernarvon

1. KV4 (8 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

2. Caernarvon (9 votes [47.37%])

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

3. Neither (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

mikicab #1 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17130 battles
  • [MOM7]

I am grinding to IS8 but in the meantime I have cash on hand.  I was thinking what should be my next tank.  I got KV4 and Caernarvon ready to go.  The KV4 strikes fear into me when I see it on the field because it can soak up damage. If you uptiered by this thing your in trouble.  The Caernarvon has a great gun and it widely under feared by a lot of players who become smoking rubble by games end. You gotta love both but much like wives you can only have one at a time. Which one do I go with first?

Thanks

WizoGT379 #2 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5054 battles
  • [RUDY]

Personally I would go kv4, but neither fir my play style so you shouldn't take advice from me

wizogt379_leo_eng.jpeg

Sry my stats are currently slacking, if you don’t believe I have enough 

experience, don’t listen to my posts, no drama plz

_The_Tactition_ #3 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15414 battles
  • [FOE]

The caernarven is called the "Stalin Shredder" for a reason.

It is always Hammer Time! 

Spekulatius #4 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25097 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postmikicab, on 16 September 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

I am grinding to IS8 but in the meantime I have cash on hand.  I was thinking what should be my next tank.  I got KV4 and Caernarvon ready to go. You gotta love both but much like wives you can only have one at a time. Which one do I go with first?

Thanks

Having two tanks at the same mir is way easier than managing two wives. Bush kann gave a glowing review of the Caern a while ago, stating that is might be suitable for Clan wars. It could be me, but I have not found it to be OP, more have I seen many really good drivers using this tank. I think it is overall mediocre. I don't think that the KV-4 is that strong with current meta either.

Check out the  Tier 9-10 tanks in the lines that you are considering. The ST-1 is very strong right now and might be the best Tier 9 heavy there is. I don't think the Conq can hold  it own against the ST-1. I don't see many Tier 10 Brit heavies in game either. 

I  in any case, I would study both lines to make a decision, since any tank not just stands on its won, but is also an investment in the tanks that come after it.

Community pledge signer

Currently driving: JPanther II, SU-152, SU-100M, ISU-152, Obj 704, KV-1S, Victory, (-o-), T54, T-44, E75, Hetzer, Jagdtiger, T29, T34, M103, M105, IS-3, IS6, IS-8, IS-7. Chromwell B, Comet, ,Caern, Conquerer, Churchill VII, Black Prince,Tiger P, VK45.02A,B, At-15A, S35, DW2

mikicab #5 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17130 battles
  • [MOM7]

View PostSpekulatius, on 16 September 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

Having two tanks at the same mir is way easier than managing two wives. Bush kann gave a glowing review of the Caern a while ago, stating that is might be suitable for Clan wars. It could be me, but I have not found it to be OP, more have I seen many really good drivers using this tank. I think it is overall mediocre. I don't think that the KV-4 is that strong with current meta either.

Check out the  Tier 9-10 tanks in the lines that you are considering. The ST-1 is very strong right now and might be the best Tier 9 heavy there is. I don't think the Conq can hold  it own against the ST-1. I don't see many Tier 10 Brit heavies in game either. 

I  in any case, I would study both lines to make a decision, since any tank not just stands on its won, but is also an investment in the tanks that come after it.

The KV4 line is stronger IMO. That does lean me towards KV4.

Modern_Neanderthal #6 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

Sedentary Nomad

• Players
  • 27756 battles
  • [BOWL]
I love both tanks, but the ST-1 is so much better when you look ahead. For that reason, I voted KV-4, but honestly, it's a win-win

NinjasInPajamas #7 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4151 battles
  • [FLEET]

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 16 September 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

The caernarven is called the "Stalin Shredder" for a reason.

Stalin Shredder? Never in WoT have I ever heard this term.

.

Credits: SweatyFalcon

"There are two types of problems, math problem, and real-life ones. A calculator will solve most of the first. The rest can be solved with a tank."

KingxChuck #8 Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:41 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13792 battles
  • [DD]

Honestly speaking, I think you need more practice around tier 5-7 instead of grinding the tanks in high tiers. 

Both KV4 and Caernavon are tanks that require high skill floor. Even if you have enough credits to purchases both tanks, you won't be enjoying it because there's a very high chance that you will perform badly in those tanks. 

Me going hill

↳                    Morons who go town                     ↵

Also tagged with KV4, Caernarvon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users