Is T23E3 any good?

T23E3 Premium tank American Medium Crate Free

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

MrVinny #1 Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5275 battles

Today, I opened a crate and it gave me T23E3, a Tier VII Premium American medium tank. You can also find it in the in-game store and the tech tree. So... how's this tank?

I immediately watched Bushka's video... and he says this is a gun depression tank with high DPM, kinda like an American version of Comet (I never driven Comet either, BTW). His opinion was quite high... but the video was quite old so I do not know how the tank holds up today in 4.2.

I then watched Sk8strm's video, which was little more recent, and he sounded a little more mixed-- he said it's got good gun depression and DPM, but otherwise it's just joe average. He also said it has no armor what so ever, so users should keep moving.

I feel like since I still got this tank, even if it's free from the crate, I should take it out for a spin or two. But I just have no idea what kind of tank it is, so here I am.

Thanks ahead for any considerate advice. I appreciate it.

To be or not to be... that is not the question, lol.

BakalovBoy #2 Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22252 battles
  • [O_C_S]
I got mine from the winter Blitz Fair and all in all it's a pretty mediocre tank especially since it'll be seeing the IS(x) spam up in tier 8 occasionally and regular AP shells won't work.

When same tier or top, I'd say it's quite a formidable tank. Crap armor but bounces every once and a while off of the turret but don't rely on the mantlet all that much.

It's almost like a Sherman with better pen and faster reload at Tier 7.
Play it like a Sherman and you'll do fine in it.

Player_5773117413 #3 Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:53 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 30036 battles
  • [SPUD]

It is almost like a comet. Same rof, similar pen, accuracy, etc. Comet is slightly better owing to more gun depression and somewhat protected turret, but I feel like the T23 fires more accurately on the move (just a hunch though). However, as good as the comet is, I feel that the forums overrate it. 

I find the t23 to be a little bit more fun to drive. It's a good tank, but there are better tier 7 Meds, especially other premiums like the drac or Rudy. But it's still miles above the pm10.

Dont be overly aggressive with it, it can't handle much punishment. However, staying close to other Meds and helping them run down targets is effective. The name of the game here is damage farm. Once the initial threat of other mediums/lights is gone, then you can really start driving around like crazy and putting shots in less mobile tanks. Put some damage here, relocate when situation gets hot, put some damage there, relocate when that place gets bad, etc. If there's an open target with little risk, run them down with the rof. If there is risk, move on somewhere more practical. Just use the rof on stuff you can hit easily and save what you cannot til later, hopefully when other tanks are there to help.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

Rio_Grande #4 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12051 battles
  • [AFT]

View PostMrVinny, on 19 September 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

Today, I opened a crate and it gave me T23E3, a Tier VII Premium American medium tank. You can also find it in the in-game store and the tech tree. So... how's this tank?

I immediately watched Bushka's video... and he says this is a gun depression tank with high DPM, kinda like an American version of Comet (I never driven Comet either, BTW). His opinion was quite high... but the video was quite old so I do not know how the tank holds up today in 4.2.

I then watched Sk8strm's video, which was little more recent, and he sounded a little more mixed-- he said it's got good gun depression and DPM, but otherwise it's just joe average. He also said it has no armor what so ever, so users should keep moving.

I feel like since I still got this tank, even if it's free from the crate, I should take it out for a spin or two. But I just have no idea what kind of tank it is, so here I am.

Thanks ahead for any considerate advice. I appreciate it.

i have the nomad camo so i got it when it first came out, and its really good, it's a comet that makes more money, the turret armor is trollish, not as much as the comet's, and the gun depression is 10 degrees compared to the comet's 13. However, the t23e3 has a trick up its sleeve. it can go 35 kph in REVERSE! This  means you can get out of trouble almost as fast as you got into it.

Hans, get the Luger.

Link to my trash discord server: https://discord.gg/tauu3d6

mehliveat #5 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 300 battles

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 20 September 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

but I feel like the T23 fires more accurately on the move (just a hunch though). 

T23 has 200 m/s faster shell speed than the Comet.  It also feels somewhat sluggish starting from rest vs the Comet.  Otherwise the main issue is the lack of any turret armour which is pretty critical on the Comet.

Rio_Grande #6 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:24 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12051 battles
  • [AFT]

View Postmehliveat, on 19 September 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

T23 has 200 m/s faster shell speed than the Comet.  It also feels somewhat sluggish starting from rest vs the Comet.  Otherwise the main issue is the lack of any turret armour which is pretty critical on the Comet.

? its the same trollish turret armor from the easy 8. i've gotten bounces with it, just ogtta not show the hull. honestly, im just glad the tank isnt the size of a barn like the panther, or even worse, the chi ri.

Hans, get the Luger.

Link to my trash discord server: https://discord.gg/tauu3d6

Player_5773117413 #7 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:26 AM

• Players
  • 30036 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postmehliveat, on 19 September 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

yea mobility is rather mediocre in this thing as well. The power to weight ratio is meh which might explain the sluggish acceleration you refer to but once it gets going its alright, I usually see an indicated 50 kph or more 

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

dindincf #8 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:42 AM

Potato Rights Activist

• Players
  • 24385 battles
  • [CLEAR]

Other than gun depression and Rof/dpm there are very few positives about this tank.  The armor is such garbage.  I feel like my dragon gets more bounces.  Lttb gets more bounces for sure. 

That being said, if you don't have any premium meds at tier 7 it isn't bad for free.  Dpm is very strong.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/dindincf                                            

#bringtankboomback

Tier X's: Leopard 1 / T110E4 /  T110E5 /  M48A1 Patton / Object 263 / IS-7 / Object 140 / T-62A / JPE-100 / AMX 50B

“At the moment, you should forget about the M60.”        -ZIoydd, on 01 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

Herodotus4 #9 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22482 battles
  • [SRT_]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 19 September 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

yea mobility is rather mediocre in this thing as well. The power to weight ratio is meh which might explain the sluggish acceleration you refer to but once it gets going its alright, I usually see an indicated 50 kph or more 

It goes really fast backwards though

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

Player_5773117413 #10 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:53 AM

• Players
  • 30036 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostHerodotus4, on 19 September 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

that's a real oddity on this thing, isn't it? I've noticed it gets to thirty kilo's the moment you move that arrow back. Perhaps it was designed with French export in mind? :trollface:

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

Icecuber07 #11 Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13310 battles
  • [AUDAX]
Don't rely on Bushka. He sucks up to WG alot but still he can produce some good content. I watch Sk8 for skills and Bushka for tank info and leaks. 

_The_Tactition_ #12 Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:12 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 19493 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Just sell it for the 1.3 mil and move on. It's terrible. I need to finish my 100 games in it to up my WN8.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Absolute_Sniper #13 Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 40015 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Works very well as a scout sniper.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

Officer_Blitz #14 Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:47 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3505 battles
  • [PH_W]
T23E3 nomad is better ;)

Absolute_Sniper #15 Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 40015 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostOfficer_Blitz, on 20 September 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

T23E3 nomad is better ;)

That's what I have. :)

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

minitel_NA #16 Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

T23E3 for free is good.

anything free is good.

i got mine from the winter fair crates.

the main reason I play mine only once in a while is all other tier7 premium I have have something truly amazing to them.

dracula has unstoppable speed.

PM10 has trollish armor (though still a luckwarm tank by nowadays standards) and high rof and ram capabilities

E25 has amazing dPM ammo and speed and low profile

type 62 is the least special of them all but is well rounded. Being good at everything but the best at nothing, it does have remarkable ammo penetration though, which beats most everything else, and it is a light tank, which is fun and grinds the light skills. 

Etc...

in comparison T23e3 is not an exciting tank to play. it has no armor, which would be fine but it doesn't have much mobility either, and the gun is comparable to the PM10 with high ROF but low pen, which is frustrating whenever facing IS-

the best part of it is the combo gun depression and fast reverse speed :

you can pop a corner and shoot and eschew the enemy fire, you can pop a ridge and shoot and run back, or stay hull down back and forth while hitting targets, and they can't aim at you.

that part is fun. The rest of the tank is slightly below average so you should resort to the above as often as possible.

i still have  circa 60-65 % winrate in mine, which shows it's a workable tank.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

BushkaOnBlitz #17 Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:14 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 206 battles

View PostIcecuber07, on 20 September 2017 - 02:10 AM, said:

Don't rely on Bushka. He sucks up to WG alot but still he can produce some good content. I watch Sk8 for skills and Bushka for tank info and leaks. 

Totally agree! That wg suck up! The way he exposed the T49A Arty Pc lock scandal followed it up with a review of the 45.03 where he bagged the pants off it, then hit hard at everyones wallet by exposing the batchats lack of on the move camo before doing a t62A vid where he pointed out how op it was an deserved absolutely no buffing was all just more of that wargaming love!!!! 

lets not let the truth ever get in the way of a good story cuber you hard hitter :)

Not picking on you mate..its just insane how much drivel gets posted on here about what I do or don't do by people that don't ever seem to know whats in the videos :) good luck out there.

Edited by BushkaOnBlitz, 20 September 2017 - 06:15 AM.

10,000,000 + VIEWS on channel

LOTS OF BALD, MANY DISSAPOINTS

dindincf #18 Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:18 AM

Potato Rights Activist

• Players
  • 24385 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostBushkaOnBlitz, on 19 September 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

Totally agree! That wg suck up! The way he exposed the T49A Arty Pc lock scandal followed it up with a review of the 45.03 where he bagged the pants off it, then hit hard at everyones wallet by exposing the batchats lack of on the move camo before doing a t62A vid where he pointed out how op it was an deserved absolutely no buffing was all just more of that wargaming love!!!! 

lets not let the truth ever get in the way of a good story cuber you hard hitter :)

Not picking on you mate..its just insane how much drivel gets posted on here about what I do or don't do by people that don't ever seem to know whats in the videos :) good luck out there.

Misery loves company but if you aren't miserable you must be one of "them".  

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/dindincf                                            

#bringtankboomback

Tier X's: Leopard 1 / T110E4 /  T110E5 /  M48A1 Patton / Object 263 / IS-7 / Object 140 / T-62A / JPE-100 / AMX 50B

“At the moment, you should forget about the M60.”        -ZIoydd, on 01 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

mehliveat #19 Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 300 battles

View PostHerodotus4, on 20 September 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

Its not just fast (30k) but the almost instant acceleration can get some used to.  You poke out and back, then you are 2 tank length behind away before you know it.  I just wish the forward acceleration was as good.

minitel_NA #20 Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostBushkaOnBlitz, on 20 September 2017 - 06:14 AM, said:

it's called celebrity my friend :)

regardless if you are absolutely right or completely wrong some people will hate you and some will love you...

i think you are right when you are positive about the game. There is enough grumpy old men and abusive teenagers in game and on the forums as it is. Some candy helps remembering it's about fun first. What you did last twister cup for exemple was absolutely commendable.

then you are also right when you exposed WG going wrong with  batchat and T49a. Nobody else could do it with this much efffect.

I'm a lazy man and I should have hooked up with you for a long time already. Hopefully we will talk soon.

Edited by minitel_NA, 20 September 2017 - 10:35 AM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

Also tagged with T23E3, Premium tank, American, Medium, Crate, Free

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users