Japan

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

AntoineDodson #1 Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29955 battles

Thoughts on the Japanese line?

I started playing it when I first started the game but then sold the tank I had because I needed a slot and haven't went back to the line.

Are there some gems in here or not? Am I missing anything?

I see there is a Japanese "event" coming up.

Thanks

Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:13 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24556 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostGableHawk, on 20 September 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

Thoughts on the Japanese line?

I started playing it when I first started the game but then sold the tank I had because I needed a slot and haven't went back to the line.

Are there some gems in here or not? Am I missing anything?

I see there is a Japanese "event" coming up.

Thanks

I like 'em.  For me it felt like each tank in the line plays very similar to the one prior to it.  That's not always true of all the lines.  

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Dark_Magician_Girl #3 Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 37556 battles
  • [_STR8]
Tiers 1-7 are not very good.  They are large and under-gunned for their mediocre mobility.  Poor armor really magnifies their lack of agility.  The tier 8 can be used well, but I've heard many people say they do not like it.  I found the type 61 to be very enjoyable, and I would consider that a gem.  The STB-1 is also very good, with the view range being top notch.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

Blartch #4 Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:17 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 60778 battles
  • [SPUD]

Very much enjoyed the early tiers, the Chi-Nu, STA-1, and STB-1

Chi-To was OK.  The low-pen Chi-Ri and its big slabby cardboard sides and I did not get along, although maybe I might do better now with more autoloader experience under my belt.

Type 61 is a good tank that's unfortunately worse than almost everything it faces... has some major problems with DPM and hulling down.  One of my worst tier 9's.

cheasesteak #5 Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19956 battles
  • [COD-R]

Tiers 2-4 are good tanks. 

Anon has a great video on the tier 2 king derp Ha-Go. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=LB4ZJfZSUqg

Tier 3 Ke-Ni is a good low tier autoloader.  Not near the DPM as its OP premium brother, but with enough extra pen to make it more useful when low tier.

Tier 4 Ke-Ho has a great gun, decent mobility, and works ridges like a champ.

Tier 5 and 6 are solid, but not great. 

Looking forward to the tier 7.

Edited by cheasesteak, 20 September 2017 - 04:04 PM.

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

Rev_ianc_bell #6 Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28906 battles
  • [PRD]
I'm quite fond of the Ke-Ni and the Chi-Nu and find the Ha-Go to be a real sealclubbing machine. Actually both lines from tiers 1 to 5 are quite pleasant. Just remember those punchy guns and paper armour, with a frontal engine hit box means that most of these tanks play much better as 2nd line support tanks or hull-down sentinels than brawlers or scouts.

Commandant of Predator Corps [PRD] (formerly  [PDR-R])

Check out my youtube channel

My profile at wotbstars, wblitz.net  and blitzstars

PRD/PDR-R Website: http://www.predatorswotbclan.org or visit our recruitment thread or our discussion thread RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW 

StopItYouPervert #7 Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

Casual Coffee drinking tanker

• Players
  • 17428 battles
  • [SVJG]
Chi nu was fun, chi to feels like a downgrade
Uhhhhh burgers are just sandwiches that are round

Rev_ianc_bell #8 Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28906 battles
  • [PRD]

View PostFaber711, on 20 September 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

Chi nu was fun, chi to feels like a downgrade

It really really does, though I've hardly played it- partly for this reason, partly because I have other priorities rn

PRD/PDR-R Website: http://www.predatorswotbclan.org or visit our recruitment thread or our discussion thread RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW 

AntoineDodson #9 Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29955 battles

I'll have to buy it back and try it out.

Thanks for the replies.

Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

TeruzukiKaiNi #10 Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

AMX Baguette Launcher

• Players
  • 14736 battles
  • [COD-R]

Tier 1-7 are hard to play if your inexperienced about conserving hitpoints and using mobility when needed. All tanks in the line have poor armor though the tier 8-10 benefit from better mobility, good camo and hard hitting fast firing guns with ok accuracy (STB-1 has the highest rof of all the three NATO tanks equiped with the 105 L7). 

Officer of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Boosters ruined the game.

Rev_ianc_bell #11 Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28906 battles
  • [PRD]

View PostiEatChickenMcNuggets, on 20 September 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

Tier 1-7 are hard to play if your inexperienced about conserving hitpoints and using mobility when needed. All tanks in the line have poor armor though the tier 8-10 benefit from better mobility, good camo and hard hitting fast firing guns with ok accuracy (STB-1 has the highest rof of all the three NATO tanks equiped with the 105 L7). 

Oh yeah. I guess I kinda got used to the playstyle since I was an early and enthusiastic Shinobi adopter. I've not gotten past the cheeto yet so, I'm not qualified to speak to the higher tiers.

pasdxd #12 Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

Creepy Profile Pic Connoisseur

• Players
  • 21240 battles
  • [SCAMO]

View PostiEatChickenMcNuggets, on 20 September 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

Do you mean the lowest RoF? 

The entire line is really mediocre, including the tier 10. There's a reason why wotbstars has less than 2000 recorded players for the STB, despite the tank having been in the game for nearly 2 years. Overall, I don't recommend the line. 

FallenCabbage3 #13 Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

The Cripple Who Is Whole

• Players
  • 16840 battles
  • [_V2_]
I loved the line, but made a major mistake making it the first line I grinded... My stats are tainted forever. I loved the chi nu, great little tank with good gun dep, and camo. The chi ri was awsome too, even thou my stats suck in it, I really enjoyed it, like a comet thats alot slower, biggger, softer armour, but with a same dpm auto loader. I also liked the sta, once again, bad stats, but I liked it. avg in everything. I hated the type, its like the sta, but different somehow... Anyways I love my STB, gun is ok, with great mobility, view range, and turret that bounces when it shouldn't, and doesnt bounced when it should ( 350 m away from a e100, hull down and he penned me without HEAT... before AP buff too, and then next game I bounce a jg and a deathstar at 100 m lol) But theres alot more people that can give better review than me. I do think that even though this line ruined my stats, it really helped me after the grind, like learning how to reset camo, how not to get hit in general and also situation awareness

WriterDude #14 Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:22 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 23053 battles
I have been playing the line (currently at the tier 6 Cheeto), but these are all tanks that I sold as soon as I finished with them.

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

j0nn0 #15 Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:30 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19314 battles
  • [XREGS]
The low tiers are acceptable, midtiers are mediocre at best, and I have no idea about the higher tiers as I've never gotten around to grinding them properly yet.

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.

Also tagged with Japan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users