• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

General_Kingsley #1 Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:05 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3595 battles
  • [U-XP]

[Insert current tutorial screenshot here]

Anyhow, I'm seeing more and more people not understand the game, simple; the tutorial sucks just like every other f2p game.I feel like this could be changed and WG would actually encourage it  (See reference below)So the main part about driving and shooting is good; but they need to break it down more and make "learning missions" that rewards gold or a special tank discount (HEH wargaming, more chances to make money)

This is my idea:

Like add a tab In the sidebar called "Learning", then add a feature called levels (like other games) and when u "level up" you get some discounts on gold or you get a reward; 

In this "learning section" there is individual "lessons" that teach you how to side scrape- like put a box and tell the player to drive there, then tell them to adjust and let them try again, etc.

Other lessons are:

Flanking

Angling

peek-a-boom

hulldown

supremacy guide

flank

amor learning (teaches where to shoot)

tank specialized learning

ect

Then you get levels by completing these things, and getting mastery badges.

What ideas do you have?

LETS GO GUYS!!! ITS ME ---------> GENERAL_KINGLEY -------> ILL ADD SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING LATER. BYE AND THX FOR READING!

Faber711 #2 Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:19 AM

Casual Coffee drinking tanker

• Players
  • 14634 battles
  • [SVJG]
I think i would prefer the option to have the tanks you own to appear on training room as bots and you fight it out so you know your tank's weakness better

Edited by Faber711, 23 September 2017 - 02:19 AM.

I'm just really tired right now, but I can't stop going forward right now.I have to keep moving forward to be better at things even if i'm tired of being look down upon.

General_Kingsley #3 Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:26 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3595 battles
  • [U-XP]

View PostFaber711, on 23 September 2017 - 02:19 AM, said:

I think i would prefer the option to have the tanks you own to appear on training room as bots and you fight it out so you know your tank's weakness better

I agree, might wanna add that to the article

LETS GO GUYS!!! ITS ME ---------> GENERAL_KINGLEY -------> ILL ADD SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING LATER. BYE AND THX FOR READING!

king_tiger637 #4 Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:03 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4812 battles
  • [-DFA-]
One more idea, make sure they know really really really know how spotting work.

Edited by king_tiger637, 23 September 2017 - 03:03 AM.

MIAOU! lover of the Panzer 38 nA. Drive it every day to bully dw2s. And the cutest and smallest. Mew.

Tomio_Hara #5 Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:18 AM

Monteagle madness

• Players
  • 18890 battles
  • [XWING]
I made a thread relating to this topic a while back. However, I doubt WG will ever implement a new tutorial. It is up to us players to educate the newcomers on the mechanics of the game. Some will listen, some won't.

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!

minitel_NA #6 Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 393 battles
  • [EUREF]

We have needed some player education for ever, and wg has never decided it was worse putting a single developer on the case. We had the occasional pre battle tip. Which took a graphic designer about two days of work. In three years.

we also had the missions which suppwere supposed to educate you, and those are in the ditch now, u don't even need to read the, and the first game of the day will complete them all.

meanhwile there are good websites like armor inspector, tank compare, and others, but WG gives no support to them. and we are still waiting for replays, but they just aren't coming,

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

WizoGT379 #7 Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5054 battles
  • [RUDY]

View PostFaber711, on 22 September 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

but the current bits on the test server normally only aim at the center of your tank so yea

wizogt379_leo_eng.jpeg

Sry my stats are currently slacking, if you don’t believe I have enough 

experience, don’t listen to my posts, no drama plz

limejello99 #8 Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6405 battles
  • [TAUNT]
I think one of the reasons why WG doesn't add detailed tutorial is because most people who play mobile games tend to prefer simple games. Detailed tutorials may scare away those people. By not providing detailed tutorials, WG is disguising this game as a simple game, when it isn't in reality. 

Augustus_GoldNoob_Sohn #9 Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:42 PM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 12785 battles
  • [III-H]

There should be a proving grounds battle where you fight a unicum in their tier eight while your in your tier 1-3. If you win, you get to actually play the game.

Just kidding. Everybody should get a T49a and Kpw70 as soon as they sign up, along with a year's premium time. No instructions needed.

Unifying TRIARII factors:

1.How much money we've spent on this game (not to mention the new parking garage required for all of our M 60's)

2. The amount of alcohol consumed while playing tanks. 

3. How much fun we have with, and at the expense of, each other

General_Kingsley #10 Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3595 battles
  • [U-XP]

View PostAugustus_GoldNoob_Sohn, on 23 September 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

There should be a proving grounds battle where you fight a unicum in their tier eight while your in your tier 1-3. If you win, you get to actually play the game.

Just kidding. Everybody should get a T49a and Kpw70 as soon as they sign up, along with a year's premium time. No instructions needed.

If thats true, I'm deleting the game

General_Kingsley #11 Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3595 battles
  • [U-XP]

View Postlimejello99, on 23 September 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

I think one of the reasons why WG doesn't add detailed tutorial is because most people who play mobile games tend to prefer simple games. Detailed tutorials may scare away those people. By not providing detailed tutorials, WG is disguising this game as a simple game, when it isn't in reality. 

But that in turn just attracts a lot of nubs

fever872 #12 Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

More cowbell

• Players
  • 20160 battles
  • [SLC]

General can u tell me how to create a thread? I know this isn’t the space for this question I just can’t figure it out

tedg5 #13 Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:54 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 33173 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View PostGeneral_Kingsley, on 23 September 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

But that in turn just attracts a lot of nubs

You just win the award for figuring out WGs business model! :great::medal:

Also tagged with tutorial, improvements, update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users