Jump to content


So... How are the stars calculated with reference to # of votes?

Military Honour Stars Penalties?

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Yfilc #1 Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:45 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12320 battles
  • 1,155
  • [DD-R]
  • Member since:
    09-16-2014

Just looking for some clarification, as I have a couple of interesting cases.

The first is someone with a hefty number of complaints, yet still remains on 3 stars. While he does have 4 upvotes, I honestly wouldn't think this would be enough to cancel out the 21 downs...

https://imgur.com/a/9i0Sg (wasn't letting me embed, sorry!)
 
Contrast this to my own rating. I recently just missed a tourney due to being overseas, and a couple teammates felt it necessary to fully utilize the complaint system (justifiably so, but I personally wouldn't neg rep my own clanmate :)). A couple of my previous praises seem to have "expired," so I currently only have 2 upvotes (I had more a couple days ago) and 5 down (3 of these being from the missed tourney). This, surprisingly, bumped me down to 2 stars! https://imgur.com/a/QDWXJ *
*Just feel it necessary to state that the "unsporting conduct" was probably just from a salty noob, and the inactivity from one of those few times I dropped out due to my faulty wifi :/
 
The last one I'd like to mention is the apparent lack of "penalties" for those who are REALLY awful. I found some pleb who literally hid in a corner and typed song lyrics into the chat all game. Unsurprisingly, he had ZERO stars (something I didn't know existed, because I never actually scrolled down on the star description page lol) and many downvotes. The blurb for "Absolutely untrustworthy players" states that they receive penalties. However, it seems this person has gotten off scott-free, minus his horrid rating, which he probably doesn't even care about. As this thread accurately states, by the time a team experiences a repeat troll, it is too late and the damage has already been done: http://forum.wotblit...military-honor/
 
Don't get me wrong, I think the new system is great, it could just really use some tweaking for accuracy and whatnot.
 
TL;DR
Someone with 4 upvotes and 21 down remains on 3 stars.
Someone else (me) has 2 upvotes and 5 down, yet is on 2 stars. 
There appears to be a lack of penalties for those who deserve it (exhibit A: someone with 33 downvotes and no stars or upvotes).

Edited by Yfilc, 27 September 2017 - 05:47 AM.


DoctorMcDerp #2 Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:51 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6923 battles
  • 520
  • [DRATS]
  • Member since:
    06-25-2015

I've noticed that votes tend to be weighted differently in comparison to how many positive and negative votes they have.  Someone with votes on both sides may stay even for the most part, however I have seen people go down a star after only three or four downvotes while having no upvotes on their profile.  At the same time, I have seen people with the same amount of upvotes and no downvotes who did not go up a star, so normally I'd think that downvotes are weighted heavier than upvotes.  

Really, I have no idea how they work.



Yfilc #3 Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:55 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12320 battles
  • 1,155
  • [DD-R]
  • Member since:
    09-16-2014

View PostDoctorMcDerp, on 27 September 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

I've noticed that votes tend to be weighted differently in comparison to how many positive and negative votes they have.  Someone with votes on both sides may stay even for the most part, however I have seen people go down a star after only three or four downvotes while having no upvotes on their profile.  At the same time, I have seen people with the same amount of upvotes and no downvotes who did not go up a star, so normally I'd think that downvotes are weighted heavier than upvotes.  

Really, I have no idea how they work.

 

Hmm... I would think that a couple upvotes seem to able to stave off dropping a star even with a lot of downvotes (hence, the first person in the post). However this is confusing as after a mere 5 downvotes I have dropped a star, despite having 2 upvotes. Perhaps missing a tournament is "weighted" more heavily, as it seems to be the thing that dropped me a star...

Spoiler

 



DoctorMcDerp #4 Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:00 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6923 battles
  • 520
  • [DRATS]
  • Member since:
    06-25-2015

View PostYfilc, on 26 September 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

 

Hmm... I would think that a couple upvotes seem to able to stave off dropping a star even with a lot of downvotes (hence, the first person in the post). However this is confusing as after a mere 5 downvotes I have dropped a star, despite having 2 upvotes. Perhaps missing a tournament is "weighted" more heavily, as it seems to be the thing that dropped me a star...

Spoiler

 

 

It may also be weighted in accordance with how many votes are applied to one subject (IE the more people vote on something like "Inactivity In Battle", the heavier it is weighted) to deter repeat offenders on one subject.  This may be why some players with only a few votes go down while others with more spread out votes, even if they are on the same side, stay where they are.  Then again, it could also be attached to player stats and such, but I'd have to do more research on that.

Dark_Magician_Girl #5 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:14 AM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 40001 battles
  • 5,267
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016
No one actually knows how the final MH rating is produced.  I've seen players with numerous downvotes that outnumber their upvotes still have 3-4 stars.

STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 49 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 35+ unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 3 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

 

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

 


mike82198 #6 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:21 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39536 battles
  • 1,995
  • [CRATE]
  • Member since:
    11-04-2014

The weight each vote gets toward your rating depends on the rating of the voter. For example: an upvote from a 5 star player (who is not your friend, clanmate or current platoon-mate) counts for more than a downvote from a 1 star player, etc.

 

Penalties are visible only when they're in effect - a ban is visible only during its duration. The awarding of a ban doesn't delete the neg votes that caused it, thus the 7288281 provocative communication downvotes stay with the user for the normal cycle. 

 

Honestly this is all meaningless and you should ignore the entire thing until WG develops this feature into something of substance. 

 



KingxChuck #7 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:29 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17304 battles
  • 1,221
  • [DD]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2016

View Postmike82198, on 27 September 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

For example: an upvote from a 5 star player (who is not your friend, clanmate or current platoon-mate) counts for more than a downvote from a 1 star player, etc.

 

So a one-star upvote weighs less than a five-star downvote?

                                                                   Me going hill

                                                                           

  

                                  ↳                    Morons who go town                     ↵


mike82198 #8 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:54 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39536 battles
  • 1,995
  • [CRATE]
  • Member since:
    11-04-2014

View PostKingxChuck, on 27 September 2017 - 03:29 AM, said:

 

So a one-star upvote weighs less than a five-star downvote?

 

Yes. 



_The_Tactition_ #9 Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:01 PM

    The Best Tactician

  • Players
  • 19703 battles
  • 2,587
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015
If they downvoted you maybe you are in the wrong clan. We'd never do that.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

 

Give us the IRON CROSS


_Weeping_Angel_ #10 Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

    Don’t Blink

  • Players
  • 59481 battles
  • 1,736
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    02-09-2015

View Postmike82198, on 27 September 2017 - 02:21 AM, said:

 

Honestly this is all meaningless and you should ignore the entire thing until WG develops this feature into something of substance. 

 

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  Winner right here

 

The system is useless.  When you can get a down vote and no up votes when you get a Raseiniai like I did yesterday then it is useless.  When someone can give you a down vote just because you killed them, useless. When platoon mates can burn through all the up votes during a platoon to make the other look good, useless. When you can get afk votes for doing the most damage but your team feels like you camped, useless. When you can have over 100 total down votes and still can keep playing, useless. When you give out your up votes to clan mates who happen to show up on red and give it to them just for the clan aspect, useless.

 

The honor system is just for show.  I completely ignore it. It's sole purpose to let the little guy feel like he has a say in the game and "get that guy" with a down vote if they don't like something that happened.  It also helps to stop flooding the WG staff with worthless unsubstantiated tickets that they can do nothing about because there is no evidence.

 


Edited by _Weeping_Angel_, 27 September 2017 - 04:46 PM.


Yfilc #11 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:42 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12320 battles
  • 1,155
  • [DD-R]
  • Member since:
    09-16-2014

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 27 September 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

If they downvoted you maybe you are in the wrong clan. We'd never do that.

 

It was explained to my by a member of the clan that it is probably automatically generated by WG, as there didn't appear to be an option to choose that option. However, it was strange that other people who missed the battle didn't receive the downvote, leading me to believe it was player-committed 

 

View Post_Weeping_Angel_, on 28 September 2017 - 02:42 AM, said:

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  Winner right here

 

The system is useless.  When you can get a down vote and no up votes when you get a Raseiniai like I did yesterday then it is useless.  When someone can give you a down vote just because you killed them, useless. When platoon mates can burn through all the up votes during a platoon to make the other look good, useless. When you can get afk votes for doing the most damage but your team feels like you camped, useless. When you can have over 100 total down votes and still can keep playing, useless. When you give out your up votes to clan mates who happen to show up on red and give it to them just for the clan aspect, useless.

 

The honor system is just for show.  I completely ignore it. It's sole purpose to let the little guy feel like he has a say in the game and "get that guy" with a down vote if they don't like something that happened.  It also helps to stop flooding the WG staff with worthless unsubstantiated tickets that they can do nothing about because there is no evidence.

 

 

This is actually very, very true. Salty people using the downvote on someone who did really well, when at the end of the day the votes don't actually mean much!! 



DanAnsomeHansome #12 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37448 battles
  • 1,611
  • Member since:
    06-01-2015
I haven't even looked at mine in a month. You can ace a tank, win the game single handidly and still you probably won't get a thumbs up. 

Blartch #13 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:49 PM

    Causer of Unrest

  • Players
  • 63981 battles
  • 8,371
  • [BRSKT]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2015






Also tagged with Military Honour, Stars, Penalties?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users