• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

SanguinaryDan #21 Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17259 battles
  • [III-P]

It’s all good, I’m done with the T20. :great:

I kind of amalgated all your advice and just chewed through the little bastid.  I probably played 30-40 (or more) games last night and this morning.  Many, many in the T20.  It actually wasn’t as bad as I remembered.  Or I’m better than I was?  Regardless, it’s certainly more mobile than I remembered. And the gun is quite good.  Though it still looks like it was designed by a committee of 5 year olds asked to draw a “tank”.  And you better believe I sold it is as soon as the Pershing hit the garage floor.

Thanks to all of you for giving me the clues I needed to get past it.

ps:  now I just have to figure out why the standard Pershing has heavier turret front armor than the Super Pershing. :facepalm:

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

popisdead #22 Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26162 battles
  • [ATC_]

What you should do is stop playing anything and free XP-gold-$ buy the IS-7.

The T20 teaches you how:

to not get shot

to use ridges

to not get shot

to support your team

to not get shot

to learn distances and good spots on maps

to not get shot

to use hard and soft cover

to not get shot.

See a trend?  That tank pushed my skill level up and I'm thankful for it.  Cause if you don't like that one, the rest don't get easier, just slightly better turrets.

I love kemping bush

SanguinaryDan #23 Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17259 battles
  • [III-P]

I get where you’re coming from, but...

Why should I spend time on a tank I can’t stand to look at on the screen?  Lots of tanks have weak armor, average guns and decent mobility.  All without being hideous piles of [edited]in the looks department.

It was a stepping stone.  No more and no less.  Believe me, I’m not questioning your point about needing to learn what it could teach.  I’d just rather take those lessons from an iconic looking afv than a “tank, generic, 1 ea.”.

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

Defaultz #24 Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:52 AM

Yolos get you Kolos

• Players
  • 37148 battles
  • [STEEB]

View Postpopisdead, on 04 October 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

What you should do is stop playing anything and free XP-gold-$ buy the IS-7.

The T20 teaches you how:

to not get shot

to use ridges

to not get shot

to support your team

to not get shot

to learn distances and good spots on maps

to not get shot

to use hard and soft cover

to not get shot.

See a trend?  That tank pushed my skill level up and I'm thankful for it.  Cause if you don't like that one, the rest don't get easier, just slightly better turrets.

better turrets happen to make incrementally better tanks. Forcing yourself into the mindset of never getting hit is also detrimental to playing well. If you truly want to play good, use your hp as a tool rather than safeguard it like it's all the tank has.

popisdead #25 Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26162 battles
  • [ATC_]

View PostDefaultz, on 04 October 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

If you truly want to play good, use your hp as a tool rather than safeguard it like it's all the tank has.

Sure..  at end game.  I would prefer not to trade HP in a tank with no turret or armour when there are 7 reds alive.

And your point is valid.  I use the Pershing and T32 turret as well as an HP pool when I have to.  Even this morning I took a few hits while charging in on a comet, mid-match to remove it and help my team secure a flank.

But don't get shot.

I love kemping bush

anonym_rvPBEfPGCSgJ #26 Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSanguinaryDan, on 03 October 2017 - 01:38 AM, said:

I wish I could make that happen.  Every time I try either the heavies slide back and forth blocking my shots or I end up in the open and get pummeled. I guess that just means I need to be more patient?

You shouldn't be following the heavies, because the T20 isn't a brawler (no medium is going to fare well head on against heavies anyway). It's a support tank: stay slightly behind the front line and when it seems that your team has the advantage you can be more aggressive. 

Since you have just around 20 battles in it, I'm assuming you're driving it stock, in which case, yes, it's absolutely atrocious. I recommend free exp-ing the top engine first and then if you can, the top gun. With the 76mm and stock engine it is useless, but fully upgraded it really shines.

SanguinaryDan #27 Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17259 battles
  • [III-P]

Thanks for the advice but I’m long past that gods awful tank.  And it was fully upgraded when I first posted.  

Looking back it really was more about how piss poor the armor is and the fact that it looks like a 5 year old’s idea of a tank that I really hated.  Performance wise it’s not quite as horrible as I made out.  

But the moment I could I sold the T20.  You’d have to give me enough spare parts to fully equip a Tier X to drive it again even once.

Mattty2004 #28 Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5731 battles
T20 is beautiful. The alpha is awesome meaning you won’t have to expose yourself. You can easily trade shots. Also it has weird turret armor that can occasionally bounce. The side armor is also the only side armor in the game that is immune to HE shells. %60 wr for me it treats me well

SanguinaryDan #29 Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17259 battles
  • [III-P]
To each their own.  If I’ve got to use a barely armored tank with a good gun there are a ton of better looking options out there that don’t look like you pulled it out of a bag of Green Army Men (™) .

Edited by SanguinaryDan, 24 December 2017 - 03:02 PM.

Also tagged with T20, Medium tank, garbage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users