No tags clan that is

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Player_5773117413 #1 Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:15 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 24324 battles
  • [IRD]

When playing high tier battles, there are still a lot of folks out there that lack a set of clan tags after their username. My only question is...

...why? A feature that has been in the game for some two years now, yet there are still plenty of people that fail to make use of it. It's far more common to see this in tier 2 or 3, but there are also a lot of showroom fresh, brand new players in those tiers. But by the time you reach the four digit mark in the number of battles, one should be searching for a set of tags.

Back to the question of "why?".

Becasue clan supplies.

First and foremost, the IS-5. The cheapest tier 8 premium you can currently buy, and many clans have by now gotten to tier 10 supplies. If you are going to spend actual money on a tank in this game, that one should be far up on your list.

But what if you don't want to spend real money on the game? Even more reason for reason #2, which are the discounts. Trimming down as much as you can on costs will go that much further to keeping your credit economy more stable. And if you don't have premium tanks or premium time, this pertains that much more to you.

Then there are those who don't want clans because they want less interaction in an online game. They are fools because their silly stubborn stand is realistically less important than the two points above. Also, there are plenty of clans who could ¥¥£€ less about someone being inactive or talking. Heck, there's only like a dozen or so people who say anything in the IRD in-game chat...

...well maybe twenty, but that's still about half of us. There is literally no downside to joining even some random clan atm, I do not understand why there are people who aren't doing it.

Tl;dr: This argument is probably beating a dead horse...or maybe not, but anyone who is still rolling around clanless after a thousand or so battles is indeed a fool passing up on a helpful tool, and everything they chat during the battle should be ignored. If they can't even take advantage of something like that before heading into battle, how can you expect them to have a good knowledge of the game during one? 

Edit: didn't realize the word "fool" carried such bitter connotations for some people. On that note, dear WG, please add the word "fool" to the in-game chat censor in future update.

Edited by Player_5773117413, 04 October 2017 - 05:24 PM.

Finished...a buncha Tier 10s. Effff it, I only got 10 fingers. Lost count after that...there's only a few missing

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

Done Posting. Must preserve post count. Sorry guys :\

Joining Stealy in the ex-forumer club

mroth2130 #2 Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31918 battles
  • [TIGRZ]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 04 October 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

When playing high tier battles, there are still a lot of folks out there that lack a set of clan tags after their username. My only question is...

...why? A feature that has been in the game for some two years now, yet there are still plenty of people that fail to make use of it. It's far more common to see this in tier 2 or 3, but there are also a lot of showroom fresh, brand new players in those tiers. But by the time you reach the four digit mark in the number of battles, one should be searching for a set of tags.

Becasue clan supplies.

First and foremost, the IS-5. The cheapest tier 8 premium you can currently buy, and many clans have by now gotten to tier 10 supplies. If you are going to spend actual money on a tank in this game, that one should be far up on your list.

But what if you don't want to spend real money on the game? Even more reason for reason #2, which are the discounts. Trimming down as much as you can on costs will go that much further to keeping your credit economy more stable. And if you don't have premium tanks or premium time, this pertains that much more to you.

Then there are those who don't want clans because they want less interaction in an online game. They are fools because their silly stubborn stand is realistically less important than the two points above. Also, there are plenty of clans who could ¥¥£€ less about someone being inactive or talking. Heck, there's only like a dozen or so people who say anything in the IRD in-game chat...

...well maybe twenty, but that's still about half of us. There is literally no downside to joining even some random clan atm, I do not understand why there are people who aren't doing it.

Tl;dr: This argument is probably beating a dead horse...or maybe not, but anyone who is still rolling around clanless after a thousand or so battles is indeed a fool, and everything they chat during the battle should be ignored. If they can't even take advantage of something like that before heading into battle, how can you expect them to have a good knowledge of the game during one?

I have been trying to get players to join my little clan for about 6 months now. I have had about 10 join in that time. Of the 10, 5 quit soon after joining saying it was a mistake accepting the invite and they prefer the single life.  Of the rest, only 3 are mildly active and never clan chat.  I would say that I have sent out about 200 invites and it netted 3 mildly active silent players.  As a clan we are 7mil into tier 9 clan supplies and I was hoping to get players to push us to tier 10 sooner but nope the vast majority of non clan players seem to like it. 

CA_vampire #3 Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:49 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9518 battles
  • [MOM4]

A lot of players don't care about anything at all. 

minitel_NA #4 Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 393 battles
  • [EUREF]

Lot of little kids. 

Some shamefull grown ups.

the later haven’t yet figured out that the grown ups are a majority in this game.

both of them stay loners.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

CyberGopher #5 Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2211 battles
  • [HOUSE]

I don't have a clan, here or on console.  I never thought I was a fool as you put it.  I just ain't that great of a player and didn't want to join until I felt I could contribute in a positive way.

most clans are a little selective of their membership and scrubs like me don't often fit the requirements.

King6510 #6 Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27598 battles
  • [DEF_D]

View PostCyberGopher, on 04 October 2017 - 02:09 AM, said:

I don't have a clan, here or on console.  I never thought I was a fool as you put it.  I just ain't that great of a player and didn't want to join until I felt I could contribute in a positive way.

most clans are a little selective of their membership and scrubs like me don't often fit the requirements.

Most clans are open and don’t care about stats or how you contribute. Just scroll through through the open clans and feed off their supply until you meet the requirements of the clan you want to join. That’s what I did. 

There is a smaller fraction of clans that are selective.

I have an Ms-1

Schwa1be #7 Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14948 battles

I don't have a clan because I don't want or need one.

62, almost 63%, player doing that mostly all solo. I don't platoon often as when I play I play to record and normally I get better games when I'm alone. I have 60 million credits so I don't really need discounts and I already have the is5. Also, no clan = you getting underestimated. 

Also, ever since wg stopped rewarding tournaments with gold and replaced it with SP I don't really have much reason to play competitively. Spare parts are easy to farm.

Peace and War §

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....fRELnF49qzMjPQ 

~ Fighting This Same Old War ~

4sfield #8 Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 23894 battles
  • [CRUEL]

I care...and OP, nobody in my clan will shut up.

I think guys don’t join clans because they don’t want the tag and the focus fire that goes along with it or maybe, they’re all introverts who are shy or don’t want to be bothered. Maybe they all have prison records or warrants for their arrest and are trying to keep a low profile. By the same token what if guys are afraid that a clan mate might be a serial killer or on the FBI’s most wanted list. Worse yet they could be mellinials, I never thought much about it. 

It’s hard to get a feel for a clan when you 1st join one. It was about 4 weeks before I started using clan chat when clans were 1st a thing. This last one was immediate but I knew most of them before I joined so I knew what to expect. It’s knd of like moving into a house together, it takes a while to get used to everybody.

It doesn’t bother me if a it doesn’t want to join a clan.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Allcan #9 Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11500 battles
I’m one of those idiots that isn’t in a clan. I just like to play some games solo if that’s ok with you !!! 
                                   allcan_eng.png

GLKamper #10 Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:33 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17849 battles

I have been playing for 2 years now and turned off the Clan Invitations option a long time ago. I still get lots of offers to join clans and some are tempting. However, my biggest concern is that I won’t be able to support the clan properly because of commitments in the real world. When I can play, I play a lot but there are long stretches times where I simply can’t play.  I just try to play the game, have fun, and treat other players with the same respect I’d treat a clan member. 

Clans add add a lot to the game but I’m not sure I’d add a lot to a clan. 

WipWapJaws #11 Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 30659 battles
  • [WKD]

As a long time clanless scrub (3years with out a clan and only the last few months to grind the IS5).  

My reasons:

I don’t want the tag to get noticed, I rather be underestimated and ignored on the battlefield.

I can’t be bothered with the drama, and range of rules that can come with a clan (eg letting the clan know I’m going away and won’t be active etc)

I don’t platoon very often and I find I play worse when platooning

Dont care about the deductionsand bonuses, find I can grind credits no problem with the tanks I have.

Am never available at the time the tournaments are on.

The first Clan I was in ZBlue was nothing but everything I hate about clans and ended up getting kicked because I mentioned a differing opinion about MM, however my current clan have been nothing but hospitable and have asked nothing of me.  If ur looking for a clan and are thinking about playing competitive tournaments these guys are a good place to start if ur a competent player.

TBH I’m more wary of people with the Player______ name, 99% of the time they are full potatoes, the other 1% it’s a unicorn hiding

Edited by WipWapJaws, 04 October 2017 - 10:49 AM.

CyberGopher #12 Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2211 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 04 October 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

......   if ur a competent player.

:(

Spekulatius #13 Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25097 battles
  • [III-S]
I think a lot of these clanless players may be kids. They probably have been told by their parents to avoid online interaction at all and just play the game. I knew I did same with my son when he was younger.

Edited by Spekulatius, 04 October 2017 - 10:51 AM.

Community pledge signer

Currently driving: JPanther II, SU-152, SU-100M, ISU-152, Obj 704, KV-1S, Victory, (-o-), T54, T-44, E75, Hetzer, Jagdtiger, T29, T34, M103, M105, IS-3, IS6, IS-8, IS-7. Chromwell B, Comet, ,Caern, Conquerer, Churchill VII, Black Prince,Tiger P, VK45.02A,B, At-15A, S35, DW2

obi__wan__shinobi #14 Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 47775 battles
What’s a clan?

Vino4Ever #15 Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10793 battles
I’m one of the happily clanless players.  I decided early on that I would not join a clan.  I paly when I want, how I want without any of the idiocy that comes with clans.
Mute the Dead

MayoNasalSpray #16 Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 23034 battles
  • [MSELF]
I much rather prefer being clanless, granted the benefits are nice though so I made a clan just for me and me alone. Part of it is I don't get along well with the authoritative power because of the few clans I have been in where there has been an issue and the majority of the players in the clan defended me but it didn't matter because those in charge have power so how they feel is most important.

Ruby_Rose_ #17 Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8773 battles
  • [TRHRD]
I like representing muh Clan
One of the things to keep me going.

Made by Panbun

"Efficiency is Just Clever Laziness" 

Want a RWBY signature? Here

Clan Recruitment: FLEET  TRHRD  Discord: FLEET  TRHRD
TRHRD Officer

BorisBaddenov #18 Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:02 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 17707 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 03 October 2017 - 10:15 PM, said:

Becasue clan supplies.

Tl;dr: This argument is probably beating a dead horse...or maybe not, but anyone who is still rolling around clanless after a thousand or so battles is indeed a fool, and everything they chat during the battle should be ignored. If they can't even take advantage of something like that before heading into battle, how can you expect them to have a good knowledge of the game during one?

So -- you resort to calling people "fools" - because they don't play the game the way you think they should play?

What?

That's just schtoopid.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

obi__wan__shinobi #19 Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 47775 battles

Pay no attention to the player without a clan!

ahredstealth #20 Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 18235 battles
  • [SPUD]

Someday I'll join a clan.

Some folks prefer to just play solo.  They want a 7 minute mobile tank game to play while they poop.  I don't think you should hold that against them.  They are out there doing their thing quietly and there is nothing wrong with that.

Wargaming server will serving you kindly

Also tagged with No, tags, clan, that, is

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users